Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 85656 times)

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2013, 12:20:07 pm »

I have started updating OP to more current situation. Not much, but still better then no progress at all.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 20, 2013, 04:11:44 pm »

OOC
Cain you can certainly present it IC if you want to, it could even earn you influence!
also I forgot about coldbones... but Teledwarf said the mine flooding wasn't such a big deal so maybe he doesn't need punishment
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 20, 2013, 06:56:45 pm »

Ast "Cain" Olinasteb (0) Presents request for Jail plus possible design.

I will try to brief, as you are all surely busy with more important matters. I believe our home would benefit from having a proper jail and sheriff's office, so that the sheriff may be able to dispense proper justice, it would encourage cooperation and fairness in any law to come if we had the proper means to punish without harming, and reserve the drawing of blood for more hideous crimes.
It would of course be of benefit to the Sheriff and *nods to Kerod* her family, as they would surely agree that the hand of justice needs to be given proper representation of the authority she holds and respect she is due by the people.
I now present a basic plan, I am open to any and all adjustments, as it is mere suggestion
Spoiler: Plan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alt Floor 1 (click to show/hide)

In regards to placement I would suggest it be somewhere near the longhouse, perhaps next to the hospital. A well may need to be installed and buckets stored so any prisoners can have their needs attended to properly, some form of floodgate, door, or alternative may be needed to seal the prisoners in time of emergency.

Of course regardless of if you choose to go with this plan or another, I, provided there are no other duties that require my attention, would volunteer to construct it. I apologize for rambling on and thank you all for your time and consideration.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 11:04:29 am by Cain12 »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2013, 01:49:41 am »

I endorse this plan for a jail.  Given that we expand it as population grows, I doubt 9 cells will be enough for long.
OOC
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2013, 08:11:24 am »

IC:

While I can in no way claim to speak on my dear Iden's behalf, I'm sure she would appreciate a proper station. I see no problems with the plan presented, though I prefer the Alternative 1st floor plan. Regarding Neblime's talk of population expansion requiring more cells, I agree that it may be needed, but I am reluctant to say that should we be in a state of so many people rebelling against the law at once, it would likely be best to impose a more harsh punishment in the form of beatings. Though I should hope things never come to that whilst I still live.

OOC:

Yeah, +1 to the plan.

Now for that character sheet I promised:

It's not perfect, and I'm willing to add more details as requested, but I think I've ironed out the basics of his character.

Edit: going through previous posts for accuracy checking, saw that Kerod was only romanticly involved at the last pref screen posted, but that was a while ago, so i have left it as "Married/romanticly involved" for  now.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 09:32:46 am by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 21, 2013, 01:11:31 pm »

Guess I will make a character sheet as well:
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Alright if I ask for the save once the current ingame year ends? Can't really think of anything else to add, if you see any obvious things I missed feel free to say.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 06:02:18 pm by Cain12 »

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2013, 01:41:07 pm »

so I fired up the DF and noticed the last messages in the log:

I feel that hilarity will start soon...

And indeed. A squad of 5 goblins was spotted near the south-eastern pasture:
All dwarves are ordered to grab whatever weapon they may find and gather at the longhall. Counsil is to grab their quivers and to climb the roof.

Goblins charged straight after the fleeing poultry.  They are advancing extremely quickly, separating from each other. It is a perfect time to sally forth and try to slay them one by one.

The first target is a goblin with a silver two-handed sword, who was so busy attacking a kitten that he ran into a group of dwarves in the south-west training yard. He is pretty far from he collegues:

FireCrazy however decided to go rambo-style: he either does not know where the roof is, or he is trying to get to the iron breastplate someone left at the eastern training yard:

He is against 3 swordsgobs this way. So we should either go for west the lonely goblin, and risk FireCrazy, or we go east to save his ass, but risk getting peasants getting slaughtered by three goblins.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 03:11:19 pm by TeleDwarf »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2013, 02:51:14 pm »

Well at least they are all melee units so far.

Edit:Could split our forces, would likely only need a one well trained ranged unit and one or two melee units to take on the one to the west, send the rest east, maybe leave a few at the long hall. Once the one to the west is dead they head back and assist the group to the east.
Or we could do a attack on the east then target the west, the east is a larger threat for now.

Then again I prefer to at least send someone west to help out, would volunteer Cain for it, can justify it fairly easily if need be.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 03:30:14 pm by Cain12 »

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 21, 2013, 03:33:45 pm »

Well at least they are all melee units so far.

Edit:Could split our forces, would likely only need a one well trained ranged unit and one or two melee units to take on the one to the west, send the rest east, maybe leave a few at the long hall. Once the one to the west is dead they head back and assist the group to the east.
Or we could do a attack on the east then target the west, the east is a larger threat for now.

These sound good, I would suggest we try to use some forces to save fire crazy, but I'll leave the order of attack t someone better versed in these things.
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 21, 2013, 03:42:11 pm »

I agree with Cain12. Splitting up seems like the best option. *hums the scooby-doo theme*
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 21, 2013, 07:43:10 pm »

I agree with splitting our forces.  let us deliberate no further and hasten to rescue firecrazy!

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 21, 2013, 09:07:25 pm »

OOC:
Oh wow, good job dwarf, now you delay your character sheet even further with the possibility of death in like 10 seconds.
Right then, I'll vote for splitting the forces too.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 22, 2013, 04:46:46 am »

OOC
teledwarf, small change to influence rules, I added building/labour proposals.  please amend the OP (if you agree)
btw firecrazy, we're lovers.  dont die, I need heirs D:

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 22, 2013, 07:30:06 am »

OOC:
Lovers are... replaceable. So heir-wise it is better for you if FireCrazy died now and you could pick someone up once you have a proper mansion.

IC: swayed by great popularity of FireCrazy I decided to send 4 migrant squads east, and only one squad west.
In the hindsight it was a right decision: sprinting is hard and combat is quick - those guys at the south-west training camp killed their goblin quite well:
One unarmed worker got his liver almost removed by the silver two-handed sword, he will likely die long before the end of combat because of severe blood loss and breathing problems.
The two dwarves wihth weapon did pretty well though. some worker with trophy bronze battleaxe roughed poor Ngokang up a bit, but was ultimately ineffective at splitting his head in two:
But there was also a highly valuable Sakzul Astelkel, hammerer, expert clothier, and most importantly my lover, who already killed a kobold thief at 127:

There is more problems in the east though:
two goblins out of three formed a powerful fist and are about to charge FireCrazy. The third goblin spoted Urist McDwarf and decided to go for it, while relief troops are still strugling to get out of warm longhall:
Spoiler: "Eastern Front" (click to show/hide)
I feel that we need to send western squad and one of easten squads to salvage whatever will be left of Urist once they get there.

Edit: And in three swift cuts Urist Mc Dwarf is beheaded:

Edit: Bloody battle in the east is raging, while southward goblin was caught by Sakzul Astelkel. his fate is sealed:

Ngoso Smosmmato evaluated Sakzul. She looked angry, and the blood on her warhammer looked fresh, he way she held it was intimidatin. He heard screams in the yard where his fellows were struggling against dwarven horde. His captain was far-far away chasing some random piglet. The fool.
Ngoso decided that it is enough glory for him and he is out of here. He tried to run, but cyberTripping placed a boltin his chest. It is kind of hard to run while your lung is punctured. He tried to run nonetheless. He ran for quite a long time, fighting off dwarves who attempted to slow him down. He slashed and stabbed and ran some more. He was going to the southern border, to the woods where he could hide from the chasing dwarves, and from that scary Sakzul. He could not run fast enough though. She caught him. She did not want him to die quickly. She did not want him to die easily. Once he made it to the last year's battlefield she managed to get a grip of him. She broke almost every bone in his body. Her friends came along too.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 08:36:44 am by TeleDwarf »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 22, 2013, 08:31:51 am »

NOOOOOO not urist!  Show the goblins no mercy!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 60