Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 85650 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2013, 03:17:16 pm »

Neblime Inkydances (+10) Acclaims Urist Mcdwarf (+2)
For: 2
Against: 1

IC?
I will happily avert my eyes from the one who put my fellows at risk, Urist is the reason Ilunudib died, we could have hid safely in our home if not for him. And what did we gain, a bed. Is that the cost of a dwarven life? And what of the true hero kib Ilunudib, should his family and his fellows who fought to protect this "courageous" soul not be compensated for their loss?

OOC:So Disagree I guess. Not sure about the system but could be fun, will give it a chance. Not quite sure about Cain's character yet, will try to stay consistent and figure it out I guess. Could I see his relations page? Might help if I knew who he is meant to like and who is family is, if he has any beyond his son these days.

Edit:The whole influence from kills could be a pain for the player to keep track of, since he would need to check when a dorfed one was in a battle. Meh shouldn't be a problem at the moment, just a concern.
Also, who made the Crimson Planet, just wondering, don't really need an answer.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 03:54:33 pm by Cain12 »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2013, 06:56:19 pm »

Come now cain, my dear subject, if we were not roused from our hovel by urist, what would we have done? lived inside a wooden shed for our entire lives?  I would argue Urist saved us from slow starvation, and Kib Chose to sacrifice himself, to save us all!  (Also surely this is the most luxurious bed you have ever seen?!)

OOC
the system is working, muahahahaa
Kero42 definitely a good idea to make a profile for your dwarf, I think all dorfed players should do that so we can gauge their reactions.
Cain I think you have a point about the kills, might change it to kills the council deems significant enough, also thank you for giving the system a chance :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 07:11:08 pm by neblime »
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2013, 08:34:42 pm »

PTW
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2013, 10:13:26 pm »

IC
We would have endured, the enemy would have passed by us in time if we waited.
But you have a point, Kib did his part for the sake of our home, as did all who stood and fought with him, and I should be more respectable of that choice.

I must admit it is the most luxurious bed I have ever seen, while simple in design its quality rivals, if not surpasses, a bed made by one who worked his whole life in the craft. But no bed, even of this one's beauty, is worth risking the lives of our people.
I can see why many would respect the skill shown in the craftsmanship, but I am concerned as to why her skill in the trade improved to such a degree beyond her previous self in such a short time after its construction and her disregard for her own safety during it.
I apologize my lord for my previous statements, I acknowledge that she was not in the position to stop herself once inspiration took hold.

OOC
Well I have no right to blow off or knock the system til it is either shown to not work or a better one is suggested. And anything that doesn't work can be reworked til it does. Besides it brings a fair degree of structure and order while remaining understandable looking. This post was more religious in nature but I figured it didn't fit with the previous post, so I opted for having Cain try to save face/voice concern.

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2013, 03:42:00 am »

OoC School and life collaborated to take as much time from me as possible, sorry, I'll work on catching up on this
Everything's in the news today

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2013, 04:06:50 am »

OOC
That's ok cybertripping, just glad to have another council member.  Not sure how long you've been gone, so I recommend you do three things:
1 read my post on the first page concerning influence and its ruleds
2 post some kind of character profile detailing your preferences and opinions ( if you want to)
3 vote on whether to acclaim urist mcdwarf!  (See my last post)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:12:55 am by neblime »
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2013, 05:48:48 am »

Zasit Rigothkogan is the creator of "The Crimson Planets"
All dead dwarves, including Cain's late wife, have been buried in masterwork caskets. We still lack proper skills to create masterwork headstones though.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2013, 10:57:22 am »

Cool, thanks, huh, Mafol was a girl? Oh well better to learn now I guess, so two brothers, one sister, all older, has a lot of relatives but no more than what you expect from a dwarf his age.
Lost his wife a while back to unfortunate timing, lost his son to the goblin menace, only has his daughter and a few somewhat distant relatives, no friends. Oh it sounds fun to be him.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 10:57:37 am by Cain12 »

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2013, 01:26:20 pm »

In the composition of the aforementioned list, I would request to have kerods relationships screen available for reference.
Once I have that, I should be able to post a draft by Friday at the latest. After which I will be pleased to say Christmas Holidays start this Friday  (:D), so I'm available for this thread all week for the next few weeks, excepting time taken for prelim revision, photo-shoots, and Holiday Homework.
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2013, 04:05:42 pm »

I disagree with acclaiming Urist. It's a bed. It's not, say, a lead warhammer, or even a door. It's just a (quite attractive) bed. As Cain said, not really worth what was caused.
Everything's in the news today

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2013, 04:32:17 pm »

Neblime Inkydances (+10) -> (+10) Acclaimed Urist McDwarf (+2) -> (+4)
Final count
Agree: 2 (+2 influence to Urist Mcdwarf)
Disagree: 2
OOC
so if no one minds, as council secretary, I suppose I'll be the one to check when votes have expired, and tally up the final counts, sorry if I can't get them exactly on time, but I do need some sleep!

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 20, 2013, 05:30:42 am »

..what happened while i completely forgotten about this thread... one sec, going to read through the posts.

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2013, 05:54:38 am »

..what happened while i completely forgotten about this thread... one sec, going to read through the posts.

Yeah, that sucks. I will try to get my shit back together and update the OP with all the relevant information.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2013, 07:23:25 am »

Oh good another council member hopefully becoming more active again :D
edit: wanna accuse someone of treason? now you can!  (once we draft a law detailing what treason is)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 07:36:33 am by neblime »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2013, 11:45:20 am »

Well Coldbones flooded your mines, that could be interpreted as treason, depriving your home of necessary resources.

Have a jail/sheriff's office plan if think you could use one, if your getting into laws and the like you might need one, would like someone who knows the game to take a look at it anyway.
Since I'm just another dwarf/0 influence I presume I would just show it OOC or give it to Kerod IC or someone who deals with citizen stuff and they decide if it is worth bringing to the attention of others.
Probably less effort to just show OOC.
Will edit it in later, once I have the right screen shots and know you if already have one/want one ect.
If I become too comfortable posting here just say so, I sometimes do that.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 60