Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: The Court of Colors | Renascence | Town Win  (Read 118577 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: Day 3 has begun | Act III: To War
« Reply #465 on: January 26, 2014, 02:44:00 pm »

Is this your IC advice? Or your scumhunting techniques?

Cuz whichever one it is, It's really bad.
It looks like both, Superblackcat. It looks like both.

I've seen you do much better than you are doing right now. Tons better, both in this game, and in previous and current ones.

Nerjin responded to your loaded question and answered well, then gave you IC advice. And guess what? Despite asking those questions, you're still not scumhunting! Those questions were conversations starters yes, but not designed to get answers you could follow up on, attack, or anything else.

And despite you voting Nerjin, I have yet to see you lay out a convincing case on why he is scum.

Oh and by the way, what was your case on Makeinu? Who would you have lynched yesterday instead of 4maskwolf? What's your plan tomorrow if Nerjin turns out town? I'm planning on going back on rereading the game, but I want to hear your take on those days now.

MOWE: I noticed you haven't voted yet today. thoughts on town, scum, players, anything? What's your plan if we mislynch today and go into Lylo tomorrow?

Sinlessmoon: Glad you're done with your exams, however, I thought you said you planned on posting?

Imp: I know your busy, but I want to hear you back up your theory you have that you currently have cited no evidence or anything for that states Nerjin is scum. Why do you think that's plausible? Because currently it looks like either baseless speculation or a scum ploy to get Nerjin lynched.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 26, 2014, 03:21:23 pm »

Persus: First of all, Nerjin, as an IC, has been one of the most inactive people here, while he keeps bugging us about activity. He is the only voting person of both days, that did not vote Makeinu, and did vote 4mask. His play this game is really crappy, and given how he is IC, he should be better, as well as the fact that He has not heeded any of his own advice...

I frankly just dislike his game immensely as well as see him jump in, talk about nothing (Oh wait, he calls these IC advice) participates nada in the game, then be gone for a long time, comes back when there is pressure, almost like he is active lurking, says some of that bullshit IC advice, and leaves.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 26, 2014, 06:03:59 pm »

"Emotional details prevented the posting of flavor."

• 0 Superblackcat -
  • 0 Sinlessmoon -
  • 1 Imp - Persus13
  • 0 Persus13 -
  • 0 MyOwnWorstEnemy -
  • 2 Nerjin - Imp, Superblackcat
  • 3 Not Voting: Everyone else.

Day 3 has begun and will end on January 28, 2013 [Tuesday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

Extension requests: 1
Shorten requests: 0

3 votes needed to extend the day
4 votes needed to shorten the day
There is one possible extension remaining today. 

Praise be, for zombie urist's LurkerTracker!

Tiruin flops and profusely apologizes. For her everything.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 26, 2014, 06:12:46 pm »

Extend

MOWE: I noticed you haven't voted yet today. thoughts on town, scum, players, anything? What's your plan if we mislynch today and go into Lylo tomorrow?

I have not voted today because I had no idea who to vote for. Two of our players aren't really here, I've always been suspicious of you, and the only reason I haven't been voting SBC is because he fought with makeinu most of the first day. ALTHOUGH I'm staring to suspect that we've all been played. What if SBC and makeinu planned this? Sure one of them would get lynched, but then the other would not be high on our list of suspects. Neither of them really seemed to have a good case against the other. Now, SBC seems to have grown comfortable in his safe spot, asking questions that amount to nothing and attacking an IC that, I will admit, has an odd way of teaching, but has still done his job. He got us playing in the first damn place. As for MYLO, I hope it doesn't come to that, but if so, I'm going to be damn sure of who I'm voting for. If we mislynch again today, I'm not entirely sure how I would proceed. Perhaps rereading everything for the hundredth time and go from there.
Waddya say, Superblackcat?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 26, 2014, 08:05:49 pm »

Persus: First of all, Nerjin, as an IC, has been one of the most inactive people here, while he keeps bugging us about activity.
Perhaps he's busy, and while he has been inactive, he isn't the only one. He may be a hypocrite, but he is obviously trying to play.

He is the only voting person of both days, that did not vote Makeinu, and did vote 4mask. His play this game is really crappy, and given how he is IC, he should be better, as well as the fact that He has not heeded any of his own advice...
You know what I like? Evidence. Your evidence of his voting patterns is good, but stating he has consistently failed to follow his own advice is a generalization I can only think of one example of, which is him being inactive. My other problem with this is your failure to look far more deeply into voting. Did you consider the possibility that one of the makeinu votes was a bus? Did you consider that a sly scum would side with the town player who claimed cop in order to get townie points? Did you go back and look to see why Nerjin voted Sinlessmoon and when? Did you see that Mastahcheese, who's been considered essentially confirmed town, voted Sinlessmoon at the exact same time Nerjin did, only Nerjin didn't seem to be around for day end, and Mastahcheese was.

You just ticked of some of my pet peeves. I have a high opinion of scum players, so I rarely go after lurkers. Because good scum know the easiest way to hide from the town is by being in the middle of the hunters, and going after the easy scumlike town to get them killed. So I try not to focus on the easy targets, like lurkers, and on who is hunting them. Like Makeinu. Like you and Imp.

And here's another annoyance I have. Not only are you joining a bandwagon, you only started scumhunting after I pressed you. And I'm sorry, but it felt like scum pretending to hunt scum. You made no effort to increase information. You asked a leading question about Nerjin that made him look like scum and didn't present any evidence against it until pressed.

Extend

I have not voted today because I had no idea who to vote for. Two of our players aren't really here, I've always been suspicious of you, and the only reason I haven't been voting SBC is because he fought with makeinu most of the first day. ALTHOUGH I'm staring to suspect that we've all been played. What if SBC and makeinu planned this? Sure one of them would get lynched, but then the other would not be high on our list of suspects. Neither of them really seemed to have a good case against the other. Now, SBC seems to have grown comfortable in his safe spot, asking questions that amount to nothing and attacking an IC that, I will admit, has an odd way of teaching, but has still done his job. He got us playing in the first damn place. As for MYLO, I hope it doesn't come to that, but if so, I'm going to be damn sure of who I'm voting for. If we mislynch again today, I'm not entirely sure how I would proceed. Perhaps rereading everything for the hundredth time and go from there.
Extend

Extend

Are you a mindreader? Because you are thinking many of the things I've been wondering about too.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 26, 2014, 10:55:24 pm »

Well I've been saying for some time that the only reason I'm not voting for SBC is that he spent most of D1 bickering with makeinu. Then it occurred to me that this would be possible. Although I must ask: why did you quote me three times and why haven't you said anything before?

Also, SBC...

@Everyone else: Forgive me, but I'm not sitting by and letting this happen. This is complete bullshit.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 27, 2014, 12:24:26 am »

"Emotional details prevented the posting of flavor. Yep!"

• 1 Superblackcat - MyOwnWorstEnemy
  • 0 Sinlessmoon -
  • 1 Imp - Persus13
  • 0 Persus13 -
  • 0 MyOwnWorstEnemy -
  • 2 Not Voting: Sinlessmoon, Nerjin

Day 3 has begun and will end on January 28, 2013 [Tuesday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

Extension requests: 2

There is one possible extension remaining today. 

-Concerning Nerjin-
I have to agree as the presiding voice. There is a fine line between reactionary posting, and insulting the person that the reaction is blurred.
If activity is needed -- please request a prod. The weekends, however, are not considered in the time due to them being a rest day for the majority.. Please keep this in mind.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:04:09 am by Tiruin »

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 27, 2014, 12:46:14 am »

Extend

You can think what you want. But if you look back, if it was planned, it would have to be between mastahcheese and Makeinu. I stopped attacking Makeinu, it was mastahcheese who continued, which caused me to look back, and the re-pressure Makeinu.

Well I've been saying for some time that the only reason I'm not voting for SBC is that he spent most of D1 bickering with makeinu. Then it occurred to me that this would be possible. Although I must ask: why did you quote me three times and why haven't you said anything before?

Also, SBC...

@Everyone else: Forgive me, but I'm not sitting by and letting this happen. This is complete bullshit.

Look, I've got absolutely nothing to go off of right now. I'm pressuring Nerjin, I'm not hammering him or anything, but frankly, I'd say that I don't always agree with everyone's advice. I'm trying to get you guys to talk. That's the only way we can actually get the activity back going, for people to start pressuring other people. Then Nerjin comes in and tells me the questions I ask are bullshit? So he's allowed to tell me that it's bull shit, while I'm not allowed to?

And if you look at his game. He disappears for a long time, then comes back and tries to appear he's been keeping up, trying not to show that he's lurking. He even specifically said that he believed himself not to be lurking. It's great he got you guys talking, but I expect at least minimal activity from an IC, and he's not giving the activity, as much as he tells us to.

Rereading, every single time he's posted, it seemed like he's being pressured. That sure seems like active lurking, how'd he know we were pressuring him if he was away? I don't think he is psychic.

Why am I not an IC? IDK, I suppose I didn't ask to be one, or maybe my experience is not enough. I'm not sure, but I can tell you that I think I'm playing a lot better game here than Nerjin is playing.

What wild goose chases? I'm seriously attacking Nerjin. As much as I don't think two ICs are Mafia, given the probability, apparently it has happened.

Persus:
Persus: First of all, Nerjin, as an IC, has been one of the most inactive people here, while he keeps bugging us about activity.
Perhaps he's busy, and while he has been inactive, he isn't the only one. He may be a hypocrite, but he is obviously trying to play.

He is the only voting person of both days, that did not vote Makeinu, and did vote 4mask. His play this game is really crappy, and given how he is IC, he should be better, as well as the fact that He has not heeded any of his own advice...
You know what I like? Evidence. Your evidence of his voting patterns is good, but stating he has consistently failed to follow his own advice is a generalization I can only think of one example of, which is him being inactive. My other problem with this is your failure to look far more deeply into voting. Did you consider the possibility that one of the makeinu votes was a bus? Did you consider that a sly scum would side with the town player who claimed cop in order to get townie points? Did you go back and look to see why Nerjin voted Sinlessmoon and when? Did you see that Mastahcheese, who's been considered essentially confirmed town, voted Sinlessmoon at the exact same time Nerjin did, only Nerjin didn't seem to be around for day end, and Mastahcheese was.

You just ticked of some of my pet peeves. I have a high opinion of scum players, so I rarely go after lurkers. Because good scum know the easiest way to hide from the town is by being in the middle of the hunters, and going after the easy scumlike town to get them killed. So I try not to focus on the easy targets, like lurkers, and on who is hunting them. Like Makeinu. Like you and Imp.

And here's another annoyance I have. Not only are you joining a bandwagon, you only started scumhunting after I pressed you. And I'm sorry, but it felt like scum pretending to hunt scum. You made no effort to increase information. You asked a leading question about Nerjin that made him look like scum and didn't present any evidence against it until pressed.

He isn't the only one, sure Imp and Sinlessmoon are inactive, but I expect him to be active, because he is an IC.

Also, Persus, I projected this to you when you said something along the lines of "All active people are more or less confirmed town."

I think you may be right, and there is a high chance of this, for the reason's you've stated. But within the active people, you are the most scummy. Because, oh shit, you are the only left ;).

Nerjin is playing the push the attention away from himself card, which frankly makes me quite annoyed. That's why I am voting him. Also, the largest IC advice he's given thus far is to "Post, don't be afraid of posting, and be active." Which he is totally not following.

On the other hand, you guys are back and attacking people (me). Which means this is a lot better than Yesterday!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 27, 2014, 12:57:18 pm »

Extend.  I for sure need more time.  Sorry everyone, life exploded again.  I have less than an hour to make this post now, whatever I can't get to has to be put off.

Persus:
Feeling even guiltier about being IC and Scum?  Is it bothering you when you do talk to us, because you are showing us what it looks like when a Scum is "lurking your way to victory will make it, y'know, easy"?
Imp, why are you ripping into Nerjin while citing little evidence besides your pet theory? And why would Scum Nerjin do that? Playing against scum playing for real is the only way to discover them.

Here are my concerns:  Since I joined the game to when I made that 'theory' post, (and really from the start of D2) Nerjin had done very little - until after 4maskwolf made his claim.  Then Nerjin interacted with 4maskwolf, but not others and not answering the questions put to him - though he did 'change his mask-like playstyle', which I'd tried to talk to him about/ask him about.  Nerjin's change might be coincidence - he has since said he didn't remember to actually answer...

As for 'ignoring' questions I kept forgetting to actually answer them.

I interacted most closely with Nerjin in Supernatural 6, where he kind of just crumbled under serious pressure.  I don't want to see a (another) breakdown and I don't want a Nerjin lynch, I want a Scum lynch.  I have suspicions about Nerjin, but I did not want to pressure him 'hard'.  However he had not responded to any of my previous attempts to interact with him (other than maybe to change how he posted).  And those were varied; I started with asking him about his posting style:

Is this style something you're still experimenting with and figuring out how to use?  Would you recommend it to others?  How much of it feels like Scumhunting to you, and how much reporting observations and providing feedback?  Or is reporting and feedback a major part of Scumhunting?  Can you suggest how your style could be read to interpret it for intent and alignment?  It really looks like a wall to me this game.

He never touched that question D2, then at the end of the day I asked him:

Persus13, Nerjin: please explain your use of shorten in this situation.  Why was getting 4maskwolf lynched as quickly as possible and ending all further chances for information to be gained this day, from anyone more important than ending this day asap to you?

Nerjin, you have a few questions waiting for your attention.  Some are from me, but there's more than just those.  Do you think you'll be answering them anytime soon?

D3 Nerjin did post, but it didn't touch my or others' questions:

Just a little tip to scum: Lack of active players makes it easier to win. BUT it makes the game boring, bland, and unforgettable. Yeah, lurking your way to victory will make it, y'know, easy but you'll feel much better about your victory if you win against people who are actually doing something.

That being said: Everyone should reread [at the very least skim] Days 1 and 2.

So I had to ask this:

Nerjin, any chance when you reread D1 and D2, that you get around to the D2 questions you completely have ignored all of D2?  Mine but not just mine, and this isn't the first reminder I've made.  When you get around to those questions, I'd also like you to answer this one too:

Why have you been ignoring these questions for so long?  You appear to be completely cherry picking what you do and don't react to, and you are ignoring a lot of the game after 4maskwolf and I entered play.  Why?

and a day later still had not been answered.  Granted, Nerjin could have been going through real life hell and not been able to answer in a day - I'm getting reminded quite pointedly how that can happen.

But this 'not answering' had not been going on for 1 day.  It had been going on since my first question to him, asked back on the 15th of the month - about a full week at the point I'm talking about!  And Nerjin found plenty of time to interact with 4maskwolf, condemning 4mask for his playstyle (Nerjin knows about people crumbling under pressure, knows about it from the inside, I have seen Nerjin do this) and voting shorten.  I am concerned that Nerjin was pleased with a vote on anyone other than himself (especially a possible cop) and especially eager to end conversation that day - and he still was not explaining himself.

I know makeinu was Scum, and was IC.  I don't want to hammer at Nerjin because I've seen him fall apart when he was Scumhunted hard - and he was Town.  I do want, and need, to interact with him.  But he ignored or otherwise failed to respond to all of my previous attempts to interact with him.  My 'theory' came from wondering about how it might affect Nerjin if he were Scum - because he'd know that makinu the other IC was also Scum.  I tried to evaluate the whole of Nerjin's behavior against that theory, and it looked possible.  It is also something very concrete in concept - almost like 4maskwolf's claim in how concrete and specific it is - and if Nerjin is Town, it is hopefully not threatening enough to make him fall apart - but it is an approach to try and interact with him that I have not yet tried (in any game) and I've never seen Nerjin interact so very little before this game.

So it's both a genuine concern and 'stretching out my hand to him', since he wouldn't interact with me to that point when I used more reasonable means, I'll go out on a limb and see if that works to trigger interaction with him.

Nerjin, I have a theory.  When the game opened, both our ICs found out they were Scum.  Both our ICs, being really nice people who wanted to help their newbies learn how to play but not wanting to wipe the floor with them, kind of 'panicked', said to each other in Scumchat, 'No way are we doing this to our newbies for real', and both decided to do the IC role right but play 'wrong', act Scummy to help teach the newbies what Scummy looks like.  You decided to do one sort of wrongness, the other IC did a different sort.
The thing about a theory is that it needs evidence to support it. I don't see any evidence for it, and personally I see Nerjin as town.

A theory can also be a tool used to attempt to create interaction.  When my other tools are not working, I am perfectly willing to use things that are not my usual tools.

I don't have time to review right now and find again where you explain why you view Nerjin as Town.  I believe it stems purely from D1 reasons though?  If you can quickly find where you posted those reasons and don't mind offering a link, that is awesome.  If not I'll put finding them on my list of 'things to focus on'.

Oh!  But then I see this:

Persus:
What about Nerjin makes you think he's town? He hasn't really played much. Although I'm not sure I buy into Imp's theory, it's certainly possible. I don't think it would be good for any of us if they both went in guns blazing, so this may very well be true. But it's just a theory. Just like my JK theory. Speaking of which...

And I can't find where you answered MOWE's question about it either.  Could you/would you explain again and/or link the old reasons?  I have minutes to finish this post and leave for school.

In fact, I'm out of time.  I'll be picking this post and my thoughts up from this point when I get home from work tonight and I'll get the rest of it made, somehow.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 27, 2014, 01:44:27 pm »

Is this your IC advice? Or your scumhunting techniques?

Cuz whichever one it is, It's really bad.

That's your opinion. While I respect it, I disagree. Also, it was IC advice.

I frankly just dislike [Nerjin's] game immensely as well as see him jump in, talk about nothing (Oh wait, he calls these IC advice) participates nada in the game, then be gone for a long time, comes back when there is pressure, almost like he is active lurking, says some of that bullshit IC advice, and leaves.

You are more than welcome to ignore anything and everything I tell you. I won't hold it against you. I trust that your experience in mafia far outweighs mine. Sorry that I can't make you all perfect mafia players via telekenisis or some such, thus I find myself relying on IC advice. But you've shown how that doesn't quite work apparently. Please forgive me for trying and failing.

Quote from: Imp's Post
Imp says things

I'll reply to this later, but I do agree to an Extend.

If I find myself dead at the end of the day, if I can't post until then, I just want to say that I'm not liking how SBC is talking to me BUT that is his opinion. Don't fault him for that, he has his reasons I'm sure. For now however I must go back to not being here for a few hours due to PFP.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 27, 2014, 01:49:59 pm »

"Extraneous variables prevented the posting of flavor. Yep!"

• 1 Superblackcat - MyOwnWorstEnemy
  • 0 Sinlessmoon -
  • 1 Imp - Persus13
  • 0 Persus13 -
  • 0 MyOwnWorstEnemy -
  • 2 Not Voting: Sinlessmoon, Nerjin

Extension, granted
Day 3 has begun and will end on January 30, 2013 [Thursday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

Extension requests: 0

There are no possible extensions remaining today. 

Extend.
Boop!
Though for personal note, I was worried about the...aggression being shown.

Welp! Flavor. x_x
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:03:48 am by Tiruin »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 27, 2014, 06:54:28 pm »

Alright, so Imp gave me a good answer, so I'm going to unvote her.

I'll try to get another post up later tonight.
Sigtext

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 27, 2014, 07:44:18 pm »

Sorry guys, I lied. Today got really rough after my earlier post. Expect one tomorrow instead.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 28, 2014, 12:59:30 am »

Too Tired to post, expect one sometime tomorrow.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 28, 2014, 02:25:30 am »

Sorry about not posting, I'll try getting around to posting something tomorrow. :)

I mean it this time!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38