Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: The Court of Colors | Renascence | Town Win  (Read 118721 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: Day 1 has begun | Act I: Prelude
« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2013, 12:21:34 am »

MastahblasterCheese:

This is your first game? What do you think you're going to like the most?

All:

Okay, exactly how many of you are playing in both games?
I'm only playing this one, and yes, this is my first game.
I think I'll like, most of all, seeing the outcomes of day and night ends. I like seeing reveals, and I can actually work with those, unlike this first stage, where I've never been very good at understanding as I read through them in other games.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2013, 12:29:02 am »

@Tiruin: I'm playing in both games, but I'm trying for a replacement in one or the other.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2013, 12:31:24 am »

@Tiruin: I'm playing in both games, but I'm trying for a replacement in one or the other.

Why do you think I'm Tiruin?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2013, 12:32:21 am »

Why do you think I'm Tiruin?
Because absent-mindedness leads to typos.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2013, 12:58:50 am »

I personally find being scum more fun. I find it more fun to be devious and try and get other people lynched. Playing town can also be very maddening, like D2 of Paranormal when 4 people thought I was scum, and only one was Mafia.

And I doubt I'll play a game as easy as Paranormal again. In addition, Mafia tend to win more BM games.

Yeah, being town can be maddening. Granted some game types are EXTREMELY frustrating. It's best to just recall that everyone is just trying to have fun.

Do you really think you need a BM? I've seen you in other games. Anyways, here's a quick question for you: How do you intend to use your past experience in mafia for this game?
I thought I'd play one last one. I feel like I'm still learning the game. I don't actually know how I'll use past knowledge in this game. I make this stuff up as I go along, except when I'm scum.

I enjoy having Night Action roles. those have been the most fun for me.

Persus:

I forget, are you in Limerick? Also, How about you? What's your favorite side of the field?
Yep I'm in Limerick. I like to play as scum more than town. I still enjoy town though.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 31, 2013, 01:03:47 am »

Pufferfish - What do you think was your biggest mistake in the last BM sprint game, where Persus and Tiruin won as scum? If you could go back, how would you have fixed it?

Uh. That's actually a really tough question. I probably would have not lynched anyone first turn and convinced all not to. Or, of course, -not- rolecheck the dead player. :P

You couldn't have known in advance that EP would get killed. What I'd have done in your case is immediately claimed Cop. Yes, you'd've been the immediate scum target, but you'd also have been out of consideration as scum without too much argument. But that's neither here nor there, as hashing out old games doesn't help this one.

All:

Okay, exactly how many of you are playing in both games?

*raises hand* and enjoying it.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 31, 2013, 02:19:37 am »

Since EP may have subbed out of here...
I'll IN As Replacement...
(WHICH I DID EARLIER TIRUIN. GOSH!)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 31, 2013, 09:42:28 am »

Oi! Sinlessmoon!!

Think you might play this time? We'd love to have you.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 31, 2013, 10:44:23 am »

A quick step-in here for all of you about lurking: Life happens. It is sort of rude to assume someone's lurking the day the game starts. I, for one, feel that lurking begins at around the time that they haven't posted for two Days.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 31, 2013, 11:05:50 am »

Normally, I agree with that, Nerjin, and I was schooled on that by Jim Groovester in Paranormal 23. However, Sinlessmoon is pulling the same behavior as from that same game here.

If he doesn't want to play, that's fine. But signing up, then not showing up while actively posting elsewhere is not cool. Especially in a BM, where the loss of one player to non-participation is very costly.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 31, 2013, 03:53:56 pm »

"History was once thrown away as a thing of the past. Now, we look to our past to build our future."

Guards ready their weapons as the frontal portions of the crowd edge slowly back in apprehension, with the only calm faces in the fore being the spellwardens--vigilantly stoic, as their reputation describes. The crowd is soon taken aback as the two beings shift into the same amorphous forms, and are drawn like vapor towards the planet. Those in the crowds accustomed to plays-as well as the guards-calm the agitated masses as they point out the similarities, along with the chorus of chuckles and uneasy jokes. As while it was time for festivities, wars and rumors of wars were the common talk of the day; this was a matter that could've turned for the worse, in many cases.

The planet soon clears of its fog, and what lay beneath was now an arid wasteland. Nothing but the bare stone that housed the life which once grew upon it. Gone were the titans that governed the realms of life. Gone were the skies and boundless seas. Gone were the times of flourishing wonder. Gone, were the seven and the couple-kin.

Yet there was still the planet. With all its lacking characteristics, therein were colors: minute lights dancing around the surface like a wave rolling across the sea, taking on the six natural 'alignments' known to the common man. The aspects of Fire, Water, Air and Earth were described not in physical or empirical note, but in their symbolic essence. The lights began to break into synchronized cracks, until the whole planet was turned into a spiderweb of iridescent light. This was known to be the field of magic which belies all creation today. The most widely accepted speculation according to modern scholars of the history of the world.

This is the second act. A haunting melody plays, emanating from the planet. It does not sing, but speaks of a time once past, and in the same, of the time in the present.

• Superblackcat -
  • mastahcheese -
  • Sinlessmoon - makeinu
  • Jembot -
  • Persus13 -
  • Pufferfish -
  • MyOwnWorstEnemy -
  • Nerjin -
  • makeinu -
  • Not Voting: Literally everyone else but makeinu.

Superblackcat has replaced Elephant Parade!

Day 1 has begun and will end at January 3, 2013 [Friday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

4 votes needed to extend the day
5 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for zombie urist's LurkerTracker!

Since EP may have subbed out of here...
I'll IN As Replacement...
(WHICH I DID EARLIER TIRUIN. GOSH!)
No you didn-
*checks*
._.
Nobody said anything after...Erm.
*ahem*
Corrected. You are now Elephant_Parade. Congratulotion!
I am a bad moderator. >_>

Also: I mailed Sinlessmoon about...his performance. I have yet to receive any reply from him.
At all.

If no contact will come of him by January 2, 9pm (GMT +8), then I will open his slot for any willing replacements unless an extension will be granted.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:52:35 pm by Tiruin »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 31, 2013, 07:38:26 pm »

Pfp.

I'll have time to play tomorrow. Busy day, busy night. Sorry folks!

Seriously, I hate not having time to play on -the first day- but So many new years preps and parties.

Happy new year everyone!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2013, 08:46:05 pm »

Yes! Happy new years, I'll get around to asking question once I'm out of le hospital. I really hope sinlessmoon responds, I've seen too many town lynches from failure to participate. Assuming he's town, of course, it just seems to happen a lot.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2013, 11:46:55 pm »

So... just in case anyone's not out tonight, here's some questions.

Nerjin: In your opinion, why are so many BMs scum wins?

Pufferfish: It's down to three people: you, a fellow townie, and a scum. The scum has convinced your fellow townie that you are scum. What do you do?

Jembot: You're scum. Your partner is radiating scumminess. Do you bus him or try to frame another person to save them?

makeinu: You're a cop and you know that a certain person, for whom everyone is voting, is town. Do you try to defend the person and role claim or just let it happen and stick to the shadows?

Persus13: You're a doctor and it's day one. How do you decide who to protect?

mastahcheese: You're a cop and find out someone's scum. What's your next move?

Sinlessmoon: You're the cop on day one. How do you go about choosing someone to inspect?

Superblackcat: Everyone's suddenly turning on a person you don't have a case on. What do you do?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 31, 2013, 11:51:32 pm »

Persus13: You're a doctor and it's day one. How do you decide who to protect?

Whoever I had a strong town read on the day before.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38