Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: The Court of Colors | Renascence | Town Win  (Read 118779 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: New Players--Enlist here!
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2013, 01:56:00 am »

Yeah, confirming.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2013, 02:04:50 am »

In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2013, 02:14:54 am »

Could I get a spoilspec?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2013, 06:52:32 am »

I can confirm now.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2013, 07:17:04 am »

Could I get a spoilspec?
Enjoy your popcorn. :)

Sending roles~

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: New Players--Enlist here! Day 1
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2013, 08:57:50 am »

Awww, he gets popcorn? *pokes at bowl of gruel*
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2013, 09:01:15 am »

Awww, he gets popcorn? *pokes at bowl of gruel*
You're a mighty wizard. :v

Anyway, checking up on all profiles for 'date last active'...I just hope some of those who had any recent MIA status would respond before disappearing.

Give me an hour or two and then the game starts. Home stuff happened.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2013, 09:02:39 am »

Something I find helpful to do when you get your role PM whether it is a power role or not is to sit down and think for several minutes. How should you proceed? Obviously for regular town this is an easy question to answer, but as a Medic or a Cop it might help think of who would be the best person to target each night. Just think on that once you get your role. Also, since Tiriun is trying to improve her writing it might be a good idea to actually send a PM back explaining what you liked or did not like about the flavor.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2013, 10:40:09 am »

"We may live in a broken world; a shattered world; a world where opinions differ as the stars in the sky, fraught with violence, mischief and evil. Yet, we thrive: not on the concept of self-preservation, for that is a basis and not a rule, but due to our sentience and our individual power; we have the power to make a choice, as we have the final say in our choices. All people, of any nation and belief, have the power to make this world into a better place.

"For this, is our world. The only world we will ever have."

Two days of light, one day of darkness, one day overcast, and twenty-four hours used in measurements. This is how it has been in the world. Society adapts, and in the last hundred or so years, their culture has flourished.

In the ending days of the year, celebrations are often held to commemorate history and culture, to celebrate what once was and what is known to be. A festive atmosphere pervades the town as men, women and children of all races, belief and culture meet in these times of commonality--for there has been, and shall be no law limiting respect and value of the living and the dead.

A grand stage is set at the town plaza, easily visible from most of the core sectors; this is where the scene takes place. It is of simple make: furnished holywood and sturdy, branching supports. The local magistrate calls the attention of the crowds, shutting down most noise of the boisterous and merry masses. He calls for the dimming of lights, and the city grows dark for a single moment.

Then, a sudden flash of light appears, and on the stage appears seven 'people', of varying costume and appearance. Their forms are amorphous, magical and intricate, deeply delving into the field of magic--likewise known as the Arts--in order to represent their work. They are striking in appearance, and create a vision of their own in the eyes of the people who are captivated in the display of talent and skill. They mimic the forms of the elders, shaping the land, air and sea, whilst acting in the same as the first civilizations, what with their 'crude' works and feats, their trials and tribulations. Their forms are simple, though their works are facile. The crowd is awed.

The stage soon becomes a miniaturized planet, floating in mid-air, with vivid scenes of life brimming in the oceans and plains, of greenery spreading in the mountains and hills. All is peaceful, until a darkness fills the world, and covers it in fog. Here, two beings appear, somewhat more distinct than the original seven, yet most of the crowd nearest the stage balk at their sight.

It is here that the first act starts. The stage is set. The play has begun.

Two Forces are hiding amongst you nine. Each day, you may vote off one person for the lynch through the majority.

Days come and go in 72 hours, nights take 24 hours. Weekends are not counted in the timer [and therefore act as added time in the Generic Calendar/Clock, linked in the date]. Take note that this BM uses a different extend/shorten scheme than the ones prior.

If you've any questions or things pertaining to your role, PM the Moderator [Tiruin].

Vote standings:

• Elephant Parade -
  • mastahcheese -
  • Sinlessmoon -
  • Jembot -
  • Persus13 -
  • Pufferfish -
  • MyOwnWorstEnemy -
  • Nerjin -
  • makeinu -

Day 1 has begun and will end at January 3, 2013 [Friday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

4 votes needed to extend the day
5 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for zombie urist's LurkerTracker!

Extended due to holidays. :)

Something I find helpful to do when you get your role PM whether it is a power role or not is to sit down and think for several minutes. How should you proceed? Obviously for regular town this is an easy question to answer, but as a Medic or a Cop it might help think of who would be the best person to target each night. Just think on that once you get your role. Also, since Tiriun is trying to improve her writing it might be a good idea to actually send a PM back explaining what you liked or did not like about the flavor.
..Thanks so much for this.
And please do!

Edit: Messed up the timer. Oops!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:52:07 pm by Tiruin »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: Day 1 has begun | Act I: Prelude
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2013, 11:02:39 am »

Wow, not only did Limerick mafia and this start on the same day, they started within three minutes of each other. Yikes.

Puff: Now that you've played as Scum and Town, which do you find more fun?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2013, 11:11:37 am »

Wow, not only did Limerick mafia and this start on the same day, they started within three minutes of each other. Yikes.

*begins quietly chanting* compartmentalize, compartmentalize, compartmentalize...

Wait... where was Puff scum? I missed that one...  :-\

Oooh, though... I will ask the same question of you, Persus. And, do you think we'll see anywhere near as easy a victory as in Paranormal 23?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2013, 11:47:18 am »

Wait... where was Puff scum? I missed that one...  :-\

Oooh, though... I will ask the same question of you, Persus. And, do you think we'll see anywhere near as easy a victory as in Paranormal 23?
Puff was scum in the last Beginner's Mafia (not BM Sprint)

I personally find being scum more fun. I find it more fun to be devious and try and get other people lynched. Playing town can also be very maddening, like D2 of Paranormal when 4 people thought I was scum, and only one was Mafia.

And I doubt I'll play a game as easy as Paranormal again. In addition, Mafia tend to win more BM games.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2013, 12:11:58 pm »

Woo! Game start!

I guess I'll start with a round of questions for everyone, then.

Elephant Parade - You're playing in two games at once, if you have conflicting roles in the two, would a scumtell in one possibly be an indicator in the other? How well can you separate your frame of thought for them?
Sinlessmoon - You're a cop on day 2, the person you examined the night before was the doctor, and they're lurking. Do you try to get them to be more active to keep them alive? How would you go about doing this without starting a bandwagon on them?
Jembot - You're the doctor, and after seeing someone scumhunting in a very powerful and effective way, you protect them, and nobody dies in the night. Do you now support their decisions and try to back them up? How would you go about this without it seeming like buddying?
Persus13 - You were scum in the last BM sprint game, along with Tiruin. What did you think was the most important part of your strategy in not being targeted? Also, you failed to answer makeinu's question.
Pufferfish - What do you think was your biggest mistake in the last BM sprint game, where Persus and Tiruin won as scum? If you could go back, how would you have fixed it?
MyOwnWorstEnemy - You're scum, and it's day 2. You failed to kill anyone during the night because of a doctor's interference. How would you attempt to discern who the doctor is?
Nerjin - What have you observed about other people's playing styles? Is there anyone in particular that comes to mind as unique?
makeinu - Thanks for ICing! What advice would you give to a new player who's never played before?

Ok, I think that's everyone.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2013, 12:21:43 pm »

makeinu - Thanks for ICing! What advice would you give to a new player who's never played before?

Well, in-training, but thank you!

*dons IC hat*

You've gotten to a great start. I presume you've read about forum mafia, and that you've read past games here. If you haven't done the latter, by all means, pick a few recent ones, and go through them, including the scum and dead chats. They'll tell you a lot about how people play, and maybe, just maybe, give you an advance read on their tells.

Be mindful, however, that meta-gaming isn't the answer to scum-hunting. Experienced players know their own tells, and will use that against you. Each game is different, and a good player plays each game to win, so learn from the past, but play only this game. Don't rely on meta-knowledge to hunt with, it's only one small weapon in your arsenal.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38