Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Merchants and traders getting stuck  (Read 543 times)

xcorps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Merchants and traders getting stuck
« on: November 27, 2013, 09:25:07 pm »

This is kind of new. I remember it happening from time to time the last time I played, but now it's just getting silly.

Merchants and traders are getting stuck where they enter the map. The game I just started is in it's first autumn. I didn't bother with a Trade Depot yet, so they never moved from the point where they entered the map. Just had a merchant go berserk.

The game I ended a few hours ago constantly had traders getting stuck after the meeting. They died a lot.

What's the deal?

EDIT: Now the Elf traders are going berserk.

I'm beginning to remember why I took a break from this.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 10:26:42 pm by xcorps »

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Merchants and traders getting stuck
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 06:59:01 am »

Build a trade depot. That's all there is to it. If there's no depot on the map, traders shit themselves and get stuck. If the elves are going crazy, you probably _still_ haven't built a depot. Get on with it!

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=871

If you have a depot, traders go there and fail to leave, that's because the way out got blocked. Wagons will only leave the depot if they have a clear three-tile-wide path to the map border, not obstructed by trees, but more importantly not blocked by _traps or minecart tracks_. Traps now block wagon access.

xcorps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 11:06:57 am »

Thank you

xcorps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 03:19:41 pm »

Well, I'm still having issues with traders getting stuck on the map edges. There's 8 that just got killed during an invasion. Elven Caravans are coming, the first two dwarven caravans came.

I've had meetings upon meetings with traders, only had the one dwarf caravan.

Good thing we have an update coming. Choosing which direction trees fall will have a huge impact.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 04:54:22 pm »

Are they, by chance, dwarf traders that are coming as part of migration waves?  If so, this is a known bug, fixable via DFHack's 'tweak fixmigrant' command.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

evilman222

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 10:22:38 am »

I've been having this same issue lately. Not sure if it's because I'm using the LFR mod though. Oddly enough, they have been helpful against some of the sieges in delaying the attackers until I can pull my dwarves inside and deploy Urist mcDualwieldingmasterworksteelaxes.

xcorps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 11:05:13 am »

Are they, by chance, dwarf traders that are coming as part of migration waves?  If so, this is a known bug, fixable via DFHack's 'tweak fixmigrant' command.

I'm 80% certain they are not coming with the migrant waves (I always zoom to the migrants to see where they come in). I don't tend to notice them except when the caravans stop coming or during ambush/invasions though. I tried tweak fixmigrant, but nothing happened. I had to abandon the fort that had 8 or so of them hanging around before I got a chance to fool with it more.

Note to self: Don't not never again not stockpile pots. In fact, build a dedicated potter and flay him every time he stops providing containers to the stills.

Oddly enough, they have been helpful
I would agree if I didn't miss three years of dwarf caravans because of it. I can get by without the caravans, but I needed some anvils.

evilman222

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 12:49:12 pm »

Oddly enough, they have been helpful
I would agree if I didn't miss three years of dwarf caravans because of it. I can get by without the caravans, but I needed some anvils.

I haven't had that problem. Absurdly well stocked and a functioning steel industry. I can see how this would be an issue though...

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 06:54:32 pm »

An anvil requires an anvil before it can be created, so where did the first anvil come from? It's a subject of lifely discussion among the dorfier people.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.