Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is it not an outrage that the board lacks bespectacled smilies, old sport?

Indeed. It is most saddening.
- 57 (47.1%)
I think not. It would be most stereotypical and generic.
- 20 (16.5%)
I do not believe the issue to be of importance.
- 44 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: The Proper Topic for Dapper Gentry  (Read 12377 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: The Proper Topic for Dapper Gentlemen
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2013, 08:59:36 am »

Camomile or jasmine in bags. Earl Grey is highly overrated, and I suspect its popularity is mostly due to star trek. No milk. Sugar is optional. The key to excellent tea, though, is the water temperature. If the water is boiling when the tea is put in, it can damage the flavor. Whereas if it's too cold it doesn't absorb the flavor. So boil the water, then let it sit just long enough for the bubbles to stop, pour, and add tea immediately.
Properly tended, Earl Grey tea can be quite the delightful blend. The bergamot adds a most distinguished aroma to the cup. But I must say that a personal favourite would be a particular blend of rose tea that I have found in the possession of a select few merchants in Australia. It tastes and smells most exquisitely of Turkish Delight and has a charmingly pink hue.

While my archaeology took me to Turkey to uncover ancient ruins I sampled a delightful pomegranate tea. It was a speciality of those parts, I believe, and was most acceptable.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2013, 09:47:54 am »

OK, what in Satan's name is going on here?

Did Bay12 suddenly become English?

If you must know, ruffian, the honorable sorts among us are finally embracing their true gentlemanliness. This should have happened years ago, but your kind has always sought to keep us lowly and vulgar as ever. But no more!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2013, 09:57:36 am »

I would like to take this moment to proclaim that my personal avatar has a fifty percent chance to display a monocle, along with a divergent variety of headwear. The artistic prowess of Solifuge and GlyphGryph is to be thanked for this marvelous display.

If you must know, ruffian, the honorable sorts among us are finally embracing their true gentlemanliness. This should have happened years ago, but your kind has always sought to keep us lowly and vulgar as ever. But no more!

Tut tut. That sounds like a sentence a revolutionary cur would utter while being put in their place by the Queen's constabularies. In fact, it would take only one word interchanged...

Greatorder, please do not invoke Lucifer's various names as it is boorish to speak of anyone without them being present. I find that it would interest you that being English is not a strict requirement for being "dapper" as others have put it, the Empire has many territories - some even dare say it is not a matter of serving the Empire, but a state of mind. I am one of them, by virtue of not having been born in its lands yet one of them regardless.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2013, 10:02:50 am »

I would like to take this moment to proclaim that my personal avatar has a fifty percent chance to display a monocle, along with a divergent variety of headwear. The artistic prowess of Solifuge and GlyphGryph is to be thanked for this marvelous display.

Ohmygod he's got a tiny little bowler hat! It's so adorable!
*Ahem*
I must say, old chap, your avatar's appearance in multiple forms of headwear shows you have an expansive taste in millinery.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2013, 11:11:34 am »

What ho, fine sirs and ladies! I too am outraged by the lack of a bespectacled smiley, and thus shall attempt to make it happen. Unofficially, at least. I may not be the most eloquent of fellows, but i have been wearing a top hat for aeons!
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2013, 11:13:57 am »

Gentlemen! I request to be allowed in this sanctum of utter gentlemanly nature.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Proper Topic for Dapper Gentry
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2013, 11:34:55 am »

* Sir Griffin makes a polite Kreeeeagh sound and devours some tea and crumpets, in as gentlegriffinly a manner as possible.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2013, 11:36:58 am »

Goodness, this is no way to be a gentleman. I fear I will choke on this monocle!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2013, 11:40:50 am »

I say! Choking on monocles is not particularly pleasant, is it, old chap?
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2013, 11:57:43 am »

*A Waddle Dee enters the room, sits and grabs a crumpet, then takes it to its nonexistant mouth. The crumpet just passes through.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2013, 12:04:31 pm »

Greetings, friends! I've recently flown in from Grixis, and I must say that I've found my arms to be in a terrible state of fatigue as consequence.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2013, 12:36:19 pm »

Damn heathens.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2013, 12:43:32 pm »

I say, what a delightfully absurd assertion of nationality! English! Everybody knows that it's in vogue to be Scottish these days.

Let us point and laugh at this fellow's foolishness!

* MetalSlimeHunt mocks greatorder mercilessly.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2013, 01:34:43 pm »

I say, what a delightfully absurd assertion of nationality! English! Everybody knows that it's in vogue to be Scottish these days.

Let us point and laugh at this fellow's foolishness!

* MetalSlimeHunt mocks greatorder mercilessly.

* Sinlessmoon mocks alongside MetalSlimeHunt.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2013, 01:52:36 pm »

Good day, gentlemen.

I am most bewildered by the sight of the recent user picture trend (or, as some vulgar person would say, a fad) spreading among our fellow members of "The Twelfth Bay".

I've considered following suit, but I've decided to abstain. Instead, I proclaim that I have a great desire to follow the gentlemanly discussion taking place in this thread.

If I have interrupted anyone, I express sincere apologies.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 02:01:54 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10