Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is it not an outrage that the board lacks bespectacled smilies, old sport?

Indeed. It is most saddening.
- 57 (47.1%)
I think not. It would be most stereotypical and generic.
- 20 (16.5%)
I do not believe the issue to be of importance.
- 44 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: The Proper Topic for Dapper Gentry  (Read 12370 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Proper Topic for Dapper Gentlemen
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2013, 05:56:21 am »

Kyohoho~

I'm pleased with having disposed of the topic of proper attire required for taking part in our gathering. Deciding upon one is a fruitless endeavor, let us agree that any person modestly clothed and worded may consider themselves one of ours.

What is your preferred tea serving style and blend? I assume that in spite of the passage of time, the varieties easiest to transport are the centerpiece of Western tea culture, although those of us living closer to its source may have different habits. Frankly, this interests me the most.

I usually partake in the Russian style, as the question appears to beg an answer from me before I direct it at my colleagues.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 05:57:58 am by LordSlowpoke »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2013, 06:01:18 am »

Well I have to admit to my peers here..
I am not very fond of warm drinks, however there is sort of a "tea" which I find pleasant.
It's what my mother would call "Silver Tea", which consists of hot water, milk and a small teaspoon of sugar.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2013, 06:01:48 am »

A marked improvement: However, these golden emotion orbs still display a rather distinct lack of hats, which while not an immediate concern, might be something that one could consider rectifying in the near future.

As for the subject of tea, I prefer a simple black blend of earl grey, with just the tiniest dab of milk. While I have had the pleasure to sample green tea from the orient, it is sadly not a taste I managed to acquire.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 06:06:10 am by Myroc »
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2013, 06:04:26 am »

A marked improvement: However, these golden emotion orbs still display a rather distinct lack of hats, which while not an immediate concern, might be something that one could consider rectifying in the near future.
My goodness! Is.. is that one wearing.. shades?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2013, 06:05:20 am »

Alas, I am not as familiar with that most noble of beverages as would be proper. I would offer an alternative path of conversation for those with similar issues; the most fashionable of a gentleman's outfits, the suit. I had the distinct pleasure of trying on a 'frakki' recently - I believe the term in Her Majesty's territories is a white tie suit. I find myself preferring a simpler style of suit, but I would be dreadfully underdressed for this particular occasion without one.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2013, 06:44:13 am »

Alas, I am not as familiar with that most noble of beverages as would be proper. I would offer an alternative path of conversation for those with similar issues; the most fashionable of a gentleman's outfits, the suit. I had the distinct pleasure of trying on a 'frakki' recently - I believe the term in Her Majesty's territories is a white tie suit. I find myself preferring a simpler style of suit, but I would be dreadfully underdressed for this particular occasion without one.

I too rather enjoy the distinctly refined pleasure of donning a finely-made suit. I have never had the occasion to appropriate a white-tie suit, but perhaps one should fix this forthwith.

I feel that I must admit I rather have a weakness for the cravat rather than a bow tie, although cravats are sadly no longer commonplace even among the more refined of us.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2013, 06:45:20 am »

My word! What's going on here? Call the constabulary!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2013, 06:46:50 am »

Spoiler: My personal favourite (click to show/hide)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2013, 06:59:52 am »

Unfortunately, an emotion orb with headwear would prove difficult to implement, as it would require sacrificing our current vertical consistency (be it consistency of orb dimension or image dimension), which I argue would be unacceptable.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2013, 07:03:25 am »

Unfortunately, an emotion orb with headwear would prove difficult to implement, as it would require sacrificing our current vertical consistency (be it consistency of orb dimension or image dimension), which I argue would be unacceptable.
Truly, you have struck directly and succinctly to the crux of the problem. There is no practical way to resolve this to satisfaction, which is certainly a sombre state of affairs, but I believe that since nobody of class would use such base objects as emoticons to express themselves in the first place it is truly an issue that we need not concern ourselves with.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2013, 07:09:06 am »

Forsooth, we are not in need of delightfully dapper emoticons. However, it would be most appreciated among the upper class if merely as a show of our splendor to the lesser plebs of society.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 07:12:56 am by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2013, 07:15:59 am »

What is your preferred tea serving style and blend?

Camomile or jasmine in bags. Earl Grey is highly overrated, and I suspect its popularity is mostly due to star trek. No milk. Sugar is optional. The key to excellent tea, though, is the water temperature. If the water is boiling when the tea is put in, it can damage the flavor. Whereas if t's too cold it doesn't absorb the flavor. So boil the water, then let it sit just long enough for the bubbles to stop, pour, and add tea immediately.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2013, 07:16:52 am »

Nay, good sir, the very practice of emoticons should be forgotten and buried. They are uncouth symbols unbecoming of honest gentlemen.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2013, 07:24:27 am »

Camomile or jasmine in bags. Earl Grey is highly overrated, and I suspect its popularity is mostly due to star trek. No milk. Sugar is optional. The key to excellent tea, though, is the water temperature. If the water is boiling when the tea is put in, it can damage the flavor. Whereas if it's too cold it doesn't absorb the flavor. So boil the water, then let it sit just long enough for the bubbles to stop, pour, and add tea immediately.
Properly tended, Earl Grey tea can be quite the delightful blend. The bergamot adds a most distinguished aroma to the cup. But I must say that a personal favourite would be a particular blend of rose tea that I have found in the possession of a select few merchants in Australia. It tastes and smells most exquisitely of Turkish Delight and has a charmingly pink hue.
Check out my RtD!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2013, 08:55:53 am »

Nay, good sir, the very practice of emoticons should be forgotten and buried. They are uncouth symbols unbecoming of honest gentlemen.

I agree with this fine gentleman. And any dissenters are welcome to test my resolve with rapier or pistol.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10