Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 142618 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 3 brings death and release
« Reply #690 on: December 22, 2013, 02:39:37 am »

Also don't the dopps die from starvation if they can't eat for two nights in a row?  Wouldn't they have succumbed by now??

It's only two nights without attempts. If they attempt but are not successful then they're fine.

I was wondering the same thing so I asked Meph.

Privately, in case the final dopp wasn't quite familiar with Paranormals and withheld the dopp kill for le WIFOMS.

> Can someone explain what happened during this time?
At that time, makeinu/Jim/Persus: What were you guys thinking?

makeinu decided that that was the perfect time to engage in last minute vote gaming, which is still a horrible fucking idea that nobody who's town has any business doing.

Everyone else acted predictably given the situation.

Persus13, being town (probably), tried to ensure a lynch, even if it was on himself.

Imp, being scum, tried to get a mislynch.

I, being an alien with a vested interest in staying alive to maintain the ability to choose which side to play, tried to stay alive.

Superblackcat, being... whatever he is, did... something.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 22, 2013, 02:42:24 am »

Now back to those Spoilers.

Spoiler: makeinu (click to show/hide)
So that's 5 actors out of the relative
Spoiler: audience (click to show/hide)

makeinuDid I miss anything related to voting Jim? You believed him town more than anything else here. Could you also detail why you did so, or link it-if I missed it? Because this speaks of doubt all the same, but sure doubt.
@Persus: I've to wonder why you voted Jim back then, and that minor note on doubting Jim's Jimmyness. Why did you vote him? What did you think of Jim in his entirety?

Query at this point: Given that RangerCado was blocked by Toony--and Cado died via a MORNING kill to flip town, then what came of the dopp kill? The last dopp must have a 'human'-ish role as a cover given that notion. The dopp couldn't have targeted makeinu or Toony given my or Persus' claims, but matters point that there was no kill attempted at all.

makeinu: Why did you target Superblackcat? Why did you add the 'Town' to your 'Detective'?
Toaster: Why did you target Persus?

Everyone: I've listed everyone and see makeinu left in between. What made him innocent via that process of elimination y'all love hugging? That he spotted a Hive Mind?

PPE Ah.

Also don't the dopps die from starvation if they can't eat for two nights in a row?  Wouldn't they have succumbed by now??

It's only two nights without attempts. If they attempt but are not successful then they're fine.

I was wondering the same thing so I asked Meph.

Privately, in case the final dopp wasn't quite familiar with Paranormals and withheld the dopp kill for le WIFOMS.
They DID attempt, le N1- Imp carried it out, as inferred. Unless..wait, no, this is the best true option--I doubt a Tough Doppleganger can coincide with any human-type-role.

N2 - They didn't attempt as proven by the above. Played it safe, I believe.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 22, 2013, 02:43:40 am »

EBWOP: Actually, Jim and Caz are cleared--I didn't put them under the green though given the choice of action @N1.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 22, 2013, 02:54:06 am »

EBWOPII: Toaster is cleared by me via the multitude of his actions. The context and how he relates with others never tripped a scum-wire in my intuition, nor in my logicbook of general logic. Whichever it is, unless Toony's playing a masochist-game, then he's cleared in the same. Caz and Jim, by virtue of being absent for said kill during that time, and Imp flipping scum after admitting (probably as a claimant along the 'I'm guilty' line, throwing off suspicion and which seems like the best case scenario now) would also give credence to their innocence.
Thrice-darn this.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 22, 2013, 03:02:57 am »

ALSO.

It would not make sense if Imp wasn't the killer back then--N1. Her ally is dead and there is another who is still alive. Given the prospect of Toony's Block, and Imp being the sole other person ("it could be a bus"-scenario), it would completely invalidate anything else short of a chance of winning if he was scum. Meaning: It doesn't make any sense--and even if it did, Toony would have to contend with the future tides of having to wrangle the Town for many consecutive days. It is justified that Imp did the kill given that the number of dopps (2) added to the notion of a lacking kill clears Toony out moreso than his actions beforehand (..which is very little given Sinlessmoon's..disappearance).

Persus and Toaster are both complementary (total opposites clearing each other out) via how one would talk about the other. Toaster's alibi being, like I said, his actions before hand--and in saying Persus is human..well, given a one-over-the-other scenario, he's ultimately cleared if Toaster isn't scum (and if he was, then that'd be truly shrewd play. Something I can't see being scum-subterfuge in all 36 posts of Toaster's.

Superblackcat..Um..I really have to talk to you about this post-game, but seeing that it probably won't matter, here's some advice: When in doubt--don't tell off everything. Maybe its the fact that we're buddies out of game that led you to say that? Maybe you wanted someone to trust due to your luck? Regardless, if you did convert one, two or even none, I'd advise you that in Mafia...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So. What does everyone think now?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 22, 2013, 03:32:02 am »

Toaster, you neglected to mention your reasons for choosing your targets for inspect.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 22, 2013, 04:36:42 am »

Daaaaamn, nesting tags are cool...

Image deleted on request - Mephansteras

Meh, I don't really feel like summarizing, but here goes: Tiruin, your arguments are not convincing me at all.

makeinuDid I miss anything related to voting Jim? You believed him town more than anything else here. Could you also detail why you did so, or link it-if I missed it? Because this speaks of doubt all the same, but sure doubt.

As Jim noted, I played at last-minute "vote gaming", because we were about to lynch someone I was convinced IS Town, and let someone I was convinced was Dopp walk. I could've been wrong, and it's a happy circumstance that I wasn't on the second half of that, but even after all of that, I entertained the prospect that I was wrong entirely. I'm not psychic; if I were, I wouldn't be working for a living. So I apologized in advance for being wrong in the event that I'd just created this GIANT TOWN HAVE NO BUSINESS DOING THAT mess for no reason. I'm still wagering, given all the evidence, that I'm not on the first as well, and here's the FUN PART!

Come tonight, when I scope out Persus for a role read? I'll know his role claim is accurate, and he's actually what he claims to be. Which will thoroughly clear him. And if I die tonight? Fine, you'll know whom to blame for it.

Neat, right?

Ooooooor, I could take a read on you, and check your role claim. Would you prefer that? Given that it's Superblackcat who'll be given the ticket home today, not you? That would not, of course, prove you're Town, because you could be a Dopp Heroic Guard, but at least we'd know for sure that you're a Heroic Guard, and not something else entirely.

Also, Jim?

makeinu decided that that was the perfect time to engage in last minute vote gaming, which is still a horrible fucking idea that nobody who's town has any business doing.

Ehrmagerd...

Sorry that you and I will just have to fucking disagree on this particular instance. You were so blind insistent that Persus was scum that nothing was going to convince you otherwise save something shocking enough to shake you out of the complacency.

That is what it took.

Oh, wait, where else was it that you were so blind insistent that another player was scum that you weren't going to be talked out of it? And what was the outcome of that again?

So, if I'd played by your rules, where would we be? Down a guard, up a Tough Dopp, and presumably so much better informed that it all would be worth it.

*holsters snark cannon*

Query at this point: Given that RangerCado was blocked by Toony--and Cado died via a MORNING kill to flip town, then what came of the dopp kill? The last dopp must have a 'human'-ish role as a cover given that notion. The dopp couldn't have targeted makeinu or Toony given my or Persus' claims, but matters point that there was no kill attempted at all.

Vanilla Town and all Dopps without an actual role (like, say, a Dopp anyfreakin'role but just Dopp) all show a visible "No role". Which means I can't find the Dopps directly. Toaster can, because he can see their Race, and there's no role that has the "Visible race" attribute. So, yeah, the last Dopp hid N2, laid low, most likely because there was no way to manage a kill without being outed.

"Say, it's really odd that the guy so-and-so was covering got night killed by the Dopp! What's up with that, so-and-so?"

Oh, wait, you noticed that too:

They DID attempt, le N1- Imp carried it out, as inferred. Unless..wait, no, this is the best true option--I doubt a Tough Doppleganger can coincide with any human-type-role.

N2 - They didn't attempt as proven by the above. Played it safe, I believe.

Oh, and apparently I can't find someone hiding their role behind an anti-tech field. I should've logicked that one out before, silly me. Good thing I didn't have to target TheDarkStar for investigation. I'd've been double screwed.

makeinu: Why did you target Superblackcat? Why did you add the 'Town' to your 'Detective'?

First, because Max White felt off to me before he replaced out, and Superblackcat continued to feel off to me after he replaced in. Funny how that works...

Second. What's the point of this question? Because I'm THE fucking Town Detective, that's why!

Everyone: I've listed everyone and see makeinu left in between. What made him innocent via that process of elimination y'all love hugging? That he spotted a Hive Mind?

Left "in between" what and what?

Ah, I see, let's deflect suspicion at makeinu, because SQUIRREL!!

ALSO. *stuff*

EBWOPII: *other stuff*

So, neat, everyone's clear in your book except the two we know are Dopps, and....

Me, I guess. I suppose that helps explain this part.

Next, I would be a darn bad scum player given that notion of defending Imp as despite my rule towards here back there, I'd at least give her a null eye to distance myself as well as give me space to attack her. Does anyone think I'd be defending Imp like that if I was scum? Anyone? Nobody has mentioned this but all I see from everyone are labels and mudslinging.

WIFOM.

"Tiruin wouldn't keep defending Imp after she flipped dopp, because that would be bad scum play, therefore she must be Town, unless she wanted us to think that, in which case she's scum, but....."
NOT WIFOM.
Check the logic. While it appears as WIFOM at first glance, use your common sense! Actually, that's me saying 'What do you REALLY think about that?'

I mean, you don't even know this person. See what I mean by brevity and poking at people? I'm getting one-liners, and they're not even detailed!

Oh holy fuck, how is that not WIFOM? You clearly want us to question why you would do something so ... bad scum play ... as defending Imp so that we'll be lead to think exactly that, that you can't possibly be scum, because that would just be stupid to still be defending a known scum, so clearly you must be Town, or stupid, or scum playing badly, or....

Need I really go on?

You might be Town. You might be scum playing badly. You might be scum playing really well laying down a glass of wine for us to ponder. You might be any of those things and more.

But you're not stupid.

WIFOM at first glance is still WIFOM, no matter how much time is spent analyzing it. As soon as it leads into that circular "but if..." reasoning, it's WIFOM. And that did, right from word one.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 06:57:35 pm by Mephansteras »
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 22, 2013, 05:13:43 am »

The worst part when people get lucky is that they feel they somehow played well.

Meph could've cut off the votes at any time, and your vote gaming nearly let scum get away with a mislynch. It was only by a lucky turn and extra time that it ended up being a dopp lynch instead.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 22, 2013, 05:16:28 am »

The worst part when people get lucky is that they feel they somehow played well.

I'll take luck.

Meph could've cut off the votes at any time, and your vote gaming nearly let scum get away with a mislynch. It was only by a lucky turn and extra time that it ended up being a dopp lynch instead.

My initial vote change would've tied the votes, and was before the official day end. Unless you still want to insist that Persus is scum, in which event, make the case. Otherwise, I stopped a mislynch.

But I like disagreements. They move things forward.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 22, 2013, 08:41:49 am »

Superblackcat[/color]

Roll on day 4.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 22, 2013, 12:22:36 pm »

Tiruin:
I'd like to point out that I'm voting SBC because he has know lied not once, but twice. He claimed to be an ordinary towny from Makeinu's inspect, something you yourself pointed out was false. Then he claimed to have converted RangerCado last night, something that couldn't have happened given the fact that it would have been revealed when he role flipped. Wait a second, did SBC convert you last night? Is that why you're defending him so much?
Persus: Multiple various votes. Other than the benefit of my correspondence to him as guard-buddies, he's been my suspect then. I'm unsure if I reposted my reasons in public, but I'd ask on your choices behind the lines. When you asked me to guard makeinu--I said I'd be guarding Jim instead.
You hopped towards a quick
Okay. I'm going to protect Toony then.
What are your sights on everyone back then, and is there any difference from then, to now?
My opinions on players back then.
Toony seems town with a useful role. Protecting him is important.
Makeinu has claimed Detective. Useful role. If not scum he needs protecting.
Toaster-unknown
Tiruin-claimed Heroic Guard, not voting scum like normal, so town?
Jim-Mind Stealer, scum if Caz is.
Imp-Imp is actually scum? She was one of my suspects.
RangerCado-no clue

@Persus: I've to wonder why you voted Jim back then, and that minor note on doubting Jim's Jimmyness. Why did you vote him? What did you think of Jim in his entirety?
I voted him because he seemed to be acting differently D2 than D1 along with the fact that I had been informed by Makeinu that Jim was the Mind Stealer. I was of the opinion that Caz was scummy D1 and that and Jim's behavior D2 led me to believe that Jim was scum. I had been voting Jim for a while, only unvoting when Makeinu tried to pull vote shenanigans to get a no lynch. When Imp offered to assist a Jim lynch, I was willing to do so, given the fact he was my top scum pick at that point in time. As for my doubts about Jim being scum, I always get last minute doubts about whether or not someone's scum, I just rarely reveal them. In Supernatural I was even doubting whether or not Max was scum right before the lynch.

Mainly the fact that he was involved in both scum lynches.

Jim:
This is making me wonder: What are your thoughts on who is scum? What is your opinion of Tiruin and Makeinu right now?

Makeinu:
Meh, I don't really feel like summarizing, but here goes: Tiruin, your arguments are not convincing me at all.
Really. So why not go through and refute it all?

As Jim noted, I played at last-minute "vote gaming", because we were about to lynch someone I was convinced IS Town, and let someone I was convinced was Dopp walk. I could've been wrong, and it's a happy circumstance that I wasn't on the second half of that, but even after all of that, I entertained the prospect that I was wrong entirely. I'm not psychic; if I were, I wouldn't be working for a living. So I apologized in advance for being wrong in the event that I'd just created this GIANT TOWN HAVE NO BUSINESS DOING THAT mess for no reason. I'm still wagering, given all the evidence, that I'm not on the first as well, and here's the FUN PART!
Why were you so convinced I was town. And why were you willing to NL for me? NL doesn't help. Lynching me would have given town information about me, and D3 would have been D2 all over again except Town lost a night. That's either nearsighted or just downright scummy.

Come tonight, when I scope out Persus for a role read? I'll know his role claim is accurate, and he's actually what he claims to be. Which will thoroughly clear him. And if I die tonight? Fine, you'll know whom to blame for it.
This is WIFOM.

Ooooooor, I could take a read on you, and check your role claim. Would you prefer that? Given that it's Superblackcat who'll be given the ticket home today, not you? That would not, of course, prove you're Town, because you could be a Dopp Heroic Guard, but at least we'd know for sure that you're a Heroic Guard, and not something else entirely.

Ehrmagerd...

Sorry that you and I will just have to fucking disagree on this particular instance. You were so blind insistent that Persus was scum that nothing was going to convince you otherwise save something shocking enough to shake you out of the complacency.
So? Jim may have been convinced I was scum, but when I flipped town, Jim would have gotten Info.

Oh, wait, where else was it that you were so blind insistent that another player was scum that you weren't going to be talked out of it? And what was the outcome of that again?

So, if I'd played by your rules, where would we be? Down a guard, up a Tough Dopp, and presumably so much better informed that it all would be worth it.
You weren't playing well, you were very lucky. It was only because I pointed out to Meph he had Jim voting twice that we ended up with an Imp lynch at all. I wonder why no one else pointed that out.

Second. What's the point of this question? Because I'm THE fucking Town Detective, that's why!
Because that seems like a slipup. Why did you need to claim town in a roleclaim? Because you knew there were Dopp Detectives?

Tiruin's reasoning makes sense though. Toonyman and me seem Town from behavior yesterday. Toaster seems Town from his inspect clearing me, the top lynch pick last night. Jim and Caz both seem town, and Jim's goal is to win and can easily change sides if he wanted to, and he didn't want to. Right now town are up so it's reasonable that Jim would stay town if he was town, which he seems to be doing. Finally, there's Tiruin. I feel that Scum Tiruin would have scumhunted her buddies more, because that's exactly what she did in the past two games I've played with her, and given the fact that I was her scumbuddy in one such game, I'm getting a scum vibe from Tiruin. Tiruin's shock at realizing Imp was scum is understandable. Imp wasn't very scummy D1, and she's also a friend of Tiruin, so I'm not surprised that Tiruin was buddying with Imp slightly.
So, neat, everyone's clear in your book except the two we know are Dopps, and....

Me, I guess. I suppose that helps explain this part.
what?

Next, I would be a darn bad scum player given that notion of defending Imp as despite my rule towards here back there, I'd at least give her a null eye to distance myself as well as give me space to attack her. Does anyone think I'd be defending Imp like that if I was scum? Anyone? Nobody has mentioned this but all I see from everyone are labels and mudslinging.

WIFOM.

"Tiruin wouldn't keep defending Imp after she flipped dopp, because that would be bad scum play, therefore she must be Town, unless she wanted us to think that, in which case she's scum, but....."
NOT WIFOM.
Check the logic. While it appears as WIFOM at first glance, use your common sense! Actually, that's me saying 'What do you REALLY think about that?'

I mean, you don't even know this person. See what I mean by brevity and poking at people? I'm getting one-liners, and they're not even detailed!

Oh holy fuck, how is that not WIFOM? You clearly want us to question why you would do something so ... bad scum play ... as defending Imp so that we'll be lead to think exactly that, that you can't possibly be scum, because that would just be stupid to still be defending a known scum, so clearly you must be Town, or stupid, or scum playing badly, or....

But you're not stupid.

WIFOM at first glance is still WIFOM, no matter how much time is spent analyzing it. As soon as it leads into that circular "but if..." reasoning, it's WIFOM. And that did, right from word one.
I have to side with Tiruin on this. What Tiruin said isn't WIFOM because it's true. Tiruin is a good scum player who has managed to appear town and win the past two games I've played with her. I doubt she'd be playing this badly (for a scum player) if she was actually scum.

Roll on day 4.
I concur.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 22, 2013, 02:10:41 pm »

makeinu Please no big pictures. Big pictures kill my tiny net and increase load times by 100% >_<
That, and I can't see it.
Tiruin, your arguments are not convincing me at all.
Well why don't you poke back at them like you labeled me as a 'defensive forgetful etc.' Which I see you're not detailing there.

...I blame the killer. However I've to note that Toaster accurate'd Persus as a human. Now unless Toaster is scum (actually the clear-list lacks Toaster but I put him there because of how I viewed him. He's squeaky clean more than squeaky dirty), then..this path of action isn't that practical.

Don't bother wasting it because I AM- wait for it-

First, because Max White felt off to me before he replaced out, and Superblackcat continued to feel off to me after he replaced in. Funny how that works...

I AM ALSO THE FRICKIN' TOWN HEROIC GUARD!
But I don't have the audacity, subconsciously or not, to make it 'Town' because I'm more than happy to prove it by the test of fire. There's also THE fucking dopp Detective (which would be real squicky but :v), but who would do that, eh?

Oh, and apparently I can't find someone hiding their role behind an anti-tech field. I should've logicked that one out before, silly me. Good thing I didn't have to target TheDarkStar for investigation. I'd've been double screwed.
I'm unsure if this is sarcasm or not, but Superblackcat is a Hivemind..with an advanced holoform thingy. That's how you got no role. Which, for posterity, is all Max' fault. :P

Vanilla Town and all Dopps without an actual role (like, say, a Dopp anyfreakin'role but just Dopp) all show a visible "No role". Which means I can't find the Dopps directly. Toaster can, because he can see their Race, and there's no role that has the "Visible race" attribute. So, yeah, the last Dopp hid N2, laid low, most likely because there was no way to manage a kill without being outed.

"Say, it's really odd that the guy so-and-so was covering got night killed by the Dopp! What's up with that, so-and-so?"
Covering who now? Cado was the one who died. You didn't target Cado...The only one who did is ToonyMan. You targeted the luckyblackkittycat.

I've seen UP enough to say that your context isn't that context! D:<
That you're uncleared unlike the rest. This field includes me and you, and probably Toaster if he just gambled a 'Human' role outta Persus for nothing, but I duly suspect that the last dopp has a human-role and isn't a straightforward dopp-role given the stuffs that happened yesterday. Or they No-killed, and then made up an action to cover it, which would be pretty hilarious but still possible (but really improbable).

Eh? I judged those things out of the recent events. TDS is dead D1 so he's utterly out of the equation of 'who acted when and why', Imp dies D2--it can be judged that she was the one ready to act for the kill given her lack of other-role (she's a toughie and nothing else). N2 plays out as a no-kill observation, and thus you have that situation.

How did you discount my words with the logic behind the bolded part? I don't see it. Could'ya magnify it for me?

Nay, I don't say that 'THIS PROVES ME TOWN BECAUSE I DID X, WHY SHOULD I DO X WHEN X IS BAD OBVIOUSLY?!'. I ask for your opinions--judging it as WIFOM seems more like a defensive measure than not as it throws out an implied meaning instead of giving a true-man's word to the story--their opinion.

So too can a jaded person begin labeling all those he doesn't want to hear or that his ears are not aligned towards. You can say stuff are WIFOM, but they still exist, and without giving those things the full measure of thought, then it'll stay in the grey zone as unused evidence.

I remember Sherlock Holmes' quotes. To ignore any sort of path gives way to a dead end. I wanted to see how you saw it. I bold that statement that kills the analysis because it keeps the mindset on one certain track which refuses to diverge from its path of thought.

I mean, I'm playing the whole thing straight by doing your summarizing for you. Remember that time you call be a list of accusations without bringing up backing to shut the case in? I'm bringing in my own damnation right there, and I get a wayward sign slapped on my face. Of all things present, that's the thing that marks me scummy more than anything, and you don't poke it right.

Caz
Superblackcat[/color]

Roll on day 4.
If I were at such extremes with being proven innocent or guilty, I'd rather speak more than just coast along with the time and VOTE VOTE LYNCH KILL.
>_>
Roll on, talk less, leave the day. If you're scum in this game..I don't know what I'll think.

PPE
@Persus:
I'd like to point out that I'm voting SBC because he has know lied not once, but twice. He claimed to be an ordinary towny from Makeinu's inspect, something you yourself pointed out was false. Then he claimed to have converted RangerCado last night, something that couldn't have happened given the fact that it would have been revealed when he role flipped. Wait a second, did SBC convert you last night? Is that why you're defending him so much?
Many things wrong with the bolded part (its line of thought)
> Why am I putting out all this info about SBC if I was converted. "O hey Master, I'll just tell these dudes that you have two shields, m'kay?"
> SBC, if known to the general populace, is imperative to lynch (or..not to lynch, given that we can all just lob our votes on the Hivemind tomorrow and all he can do is convert [HOWEVER he can also choose to convert a power role essential to this case...]). If a Hivemind dies, those who are converted dies. Meaning, if I was converted, I'd die--this does not explain me being 'defending' of him.

I'm being 'defending' (if by that you mean being cautious or ponderous) because I'm giving him the benefit of the newbie--I don't like seeing people panic; less so if I smell genuine 'what do I do' panic. I mean, consider it from my PoV. I've a person here who tells me he has two shields--I ponder on what that is, so I tell it to the public for mass speculation. Flip-flop, out comes information. He then forwards his defense by stating more info that continues the line of thinking..however, said info also focuses down that list of suspect-roles which he may be. Yea, I was 'defending' him earlier (until I could narrow down that role), because of the pretense that SBC may be a benevolent alien..despite his choice of words (I've got personal experience with these types being that I..acted the same during my newness in games) so you could say I erred on the side of caution.

My opinions on players back then.
Toony seems town with a useful role. Protecting him is important.
Makeinu has claimed Detective. Useful role. If not scum he needs protecting.
Toaster-unknown
Tiruin-claimed Heroic Guard, not voting scum like normal, so town?

Jim-Mind Stealer, scum if Caz is.
Imp-Imp is actually scum? She was one of my suspects.
RangerCado-no clue
@bolded: Eh? 'Voting scum like normal'?
I was absent most of D1 because RL stuffs D:< You tell me if you'd like to either help a good HighSchool friend with her theses on [..this is too personal >_>] and make it perfect because this thing uses personal information other than play Paranormal--while I really really really love to do both, I had to make sure that people stay updated with my current status..sure, I posted in other threads, but those posts were to keep those games going on (as I'm usually on the RtD board due to the narrative and literary prospects it offers).
Now on D2..well. I firstly blame timezones, but that isn't the case why I couldn't talk before that ton of vote-switchiness happened..that was due to me having an exam at the time and priorities.
...Now for 'voting scum like normal', you tell me where I should place my vote. On the destined lynch, or on someone else to emphasize my suspicion on them?

As for my doubts about Jim being scum, I always get last minute doubts about whether or not someone's scum, I just rarely reveal them. In Supernatural I was even doubting whether or not Max was scum right before the lynch.
..It's partly obvious by what you're not saying, truth be told. I tagged a minor note on you as 'If Persus lacks a word count of <15, and only contains a vote with a short sentence, then he's unsure.', with a comedic way of writing it as seen right here. :P

But yeah I get it. Just checking there.

Mainly the fact that he was involved in both scum lynches.
...This doesn't say much. I mean what inside that part makes him town? The same could be said to those who have the same votes in the same day on the lurkertracker (ZU's tracker is sooo updated I love it) which i can't recall now because its 3am! Woo~

Also...You have a messed up quote tag that should be addressed to makeinu, not me. The quote starting with "As Jim noted, I played at last-minute "vote gaming"[...]"
Yeah. It links to my post.
How did you even mess that up?! [This is hypothetical and tells you to be more cautious.]

[...]It was only because I pointed out to Meph he had Jim voting twice that we ended up with an Imp lynch at all. I wonder why no one else pointed that out.
*checks back*
Huh. I didn't notice it.
From here, I see nothing from Meph to here, which is Meph's next post.
...*points at bolded part*
Whaa?

I have to side with Tiruin on this. What Tiruin said isn't WIFOM because it's true. Tiruin is a good scum player who has managed to appear town and win the past two games I've played with her. I doubt she'd be playing this badly (for a scum player) if she was actually scum.
>_>
While this was the idea I was under, I was asking for an opinion..

Fakeedit: Ah, just saw it. Erk.
Wait, I can play that badly as scum! I'm forgetful at times too, y'know. :I

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 22, 2013, 02:27:33 pm »

If I were at such extremes with being proven innocent or guilty, I'd rather speak more than just coast along with the time and VOTE VOTE LYNCH KILL.
>_>
Roll on, talk less, leave the day. If you're scum in this game..I don't know what I'll think.

Meh, I'm kinda busy today and it's obvious nothing will get solved until something new happens. SBC is the agreed threat here, doubly so for lying (twice). Who the last scum is can be decided tomorrow, which will be an easier task than today as we'll have the dopp-kill to go on and a couple more cop results.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 22, 2013, 02:29:46 pm »

I didn't mean it in that -bad- a way! D:
..You could've said you were busy..

Who the last scum is can be decided tomorrow, which will be an easier task than today as we'll have the dopp-kill to go on and a couple more cop results.
...Interesting.
Checking all plans.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 22, 2013, 03:04:59 pm »

I didn't mean it in that -bad- a way! D:
..You could've said you were busy..

Well, you did spent the last couple pages ranting at me, so.. :D
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55