Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 142642 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 3 brings death and release
« Reply #660 on: December 21, 2013, 03:17:34 pm »

Right then we definitely want to lynch SBC first and then you tomorrow.
Hah, fine. Back it up Toony. I want to see this tough guy put his own chips into the lynch-pot.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 21, 2013, 03:43:33 pm »

Also, I'm quite confused... Why is suddenly... everyone clear?

Like actually?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 21, 2013, 03:48:36 pm »

My point exactly. People are using blatant, shallow labels and spouting words to the detail level of 'NO U SCUM GO DIE'.

Like I said before, I shall repeat again: I'm disgusted at that. There hasn't been much scumhunting around--just laziness, and it could be said from the first votes of today henceforth.

Those threats of Tiruin go die? Cheap and worthless. Back it up guys. You've got nothing but your words and you can't even fight with them properly.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 21, 2013, 03:58:00 pm »

Wow, So no more compromise? ;-;

It'd be possible if you had a few people on your team, but since you claim to being alone... :l

It's all Max' fault.
And I still hate you! Idiot! :I
Sorry

It'd be nice to lynch you just to get you to shut up at this point. :D

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 21, 2013, 03:59:43 pm »

I agree SBC needs to go, but I don't think we've reached a consensus on whether it's Tiruin or someone else to go tomorrow. Maybe I'm wrong.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 21, 2013, 04:05:16 pm »

I agree SBC needs to go, but I don't think we've reached a consensus on whether it's Tiruin or someone else to go tomorrow. Maybe I'm wrong.
We should probably wait until tomorrow to decide what to do tomorrow.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 21, 2013, 04:07:16 pm »

It'd be nice to lynch you just to get you to shut up at this point. :D
Ah.
Shorten.
Tiruin

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 21, 2013, 04:21:36 pm »

Tiruin, seriously?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 21, 2013, 04:29:11 pm »

Last note before I stop caring at all.
Wow, So no more compromise? ;-;
SBC, I believe there can not be any room for compromise at this point. Even if you're telling the truth--which I believe despite the pervading notion--there is still the crooked note there.

You don't know who the dopp is, or know who exactly he is. Your convert dies with you. These two statements are synonymous with each other in the way that the lynch of you, at this moment in time, serves as the best method at the moment in the general case.

I thank you for trusting me, I really do, yet in the chat we had before, I left some space for you to answer; space which I usually leave to give the benefit of the doubt in forming. What I've been playing as, in this whole game, I take a leaf from my play back in the last regular BM--I do not want what happened and what I did to Imp, to happen this time (and literally, I know how it feels now as I glare at some people playing here "Ooo, appeal to emotion!").

If you didn't convert anyone, or if you did anyways, I advice you to state who your targets are. Your scum list. WHo you believe is scum, why, and which parts (or their general timeframe) makes them so. I'm racking myself on why you've told me about those two shields..and the concept of you being 'nice' is a very nebulous one, where regret spouts its ugly head, but at this moment in time, I've to say that I deeply admire your courage there.

That at least you, of all the others here, aren't resorting to an uncaring attitude.

Note for tonight: We've 3 main targets: ToonyMan, makeinu and Toaster. Two are investigators, one is a role-blocker. If I live, I'll be blocking either makeinu or Toony --I don't trust Toaster of the recent moment (same goes with Toony but I don't care anymore and pick the lesser evil) and trust Persus to target the other; however contrary to recent events, I believe the patterns and associations of Toony or makeinu, though despite my personal feelings towards then, point them as Town-r than the rest.

Jim/Caz, I would love to know if any of you can still act. Jim: If I missed the note on 'Mindstealers can steal minds on continuous days', then please link me because I'm asking you again, right now, if you can do so.

Tiruin, seriously?
Oh yes seriously. I don't care anymore. Nobody bothers to look back and check? I feel like I'm doing all the work here..at least now I feel how Imp felt during that BM. S'pose I deserve it for how I acted then, and now I know how it feels receiving it, huh.
Yeah damn seriously. Vote me out. I'm tired of talking to brick walls with no brains. My blatant insults just proves that the current atmosphere on most players are more ego-centric than open-minded at the time being.

Meaning I bloody well give up. Sure, allude this current behavior to me being scum. I suppose none of you will think about that either and just vote me down, eh?

And what do you mean by seriously? I hoped that my words would at least inspire people to look back at D2, but what I've seen today was a mass tunnel on those deemed to be the 'last suspects remaining'. Nobody has picked back--yea, even I admit to this error to sate your inquisitorial thoughts--and checked on the notes back then in depth, but relied on labels to state the ideas.

I'm stressed, and possibly having memory lapses despite trying my best to keep up here and what'll make me happy is seeing my name in red. At least then the motives of people would be showing truly instead of being hidden behind the thin guise of the collective-thought. The metaphor of the hivemind works perfectly as people feel safer in crowds--oh dear me, I'm being defensive because I'm the lone voice speaking against them! Dear me..dear me.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 21, 2013, 04:33:21 pm »

Unvote

Sigtext

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 21, 2013, 04:38:29 pm »

Tiruin:

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here. It's hard not to act defensively when you're being cornered, and you are. Look at some of my own posts on Day One.

I didn't notice anything off about Imp until D2 as well.

Honestly, neither did I. It was only after stuff started being claimed that I went back and looked at her posts, and began applying logic to what I thought had happened. On the surface, she appeared Town.

Caz:
Jim - confirmed town for now
Caz - confirmed town
Humor me and tell me how you're both confirmed town.

This was discussed several pages ago. If I were dopp, Jim would've mind stolen last night then bussed me. But you know that already. You seemed ok with this earlier. Why the change of heart? It just seems to me like you're trying to make a smoke-screen to hide how much of your posts are spent defending your non-town actions. We have the time I suppose. It's just... tiresome.

Caz and Jim are cleared by logic alone. We can believe that Caz was a Mad Scientist, and that Jim used the Assassin Bot to kill RangerCado to satisfy his own conviction she was a threat to the Town. He was wrong, fine, that happens, and maybe he's not Town and knew he was wrong, WIFOM, because if he is a dopp, there'd be much better, more obvious targets for him to have hit. Ones with known value due to role-claims.

Regardless.

If a plan of action is formulated correctly, and followed, and he's a dopp because of Caz, then he'll end up with a new wincon come tonight.

And if the plan of action isn't followed, then we'll have a better target for the morning: whoever didn't fulfill their role in it.

Today we lynch Superblackcat. Which looks pretty inevitable at this point, since he hasn't given any reason not to, and he'll flip.

Tonight:

Persus guards makeinu.
makeinu rolecops Persus, to check him for Dopp Leader status. 'No role' result belies the guard claim.

That either clears Persus entirely, or if I end up dead, it's because something stopped Persus or he killed me. And since ToonyMan and Jim are the only ones that can stop Persus, suspect.

ToonyMan blocks Caz. Caz is vanilla now anyway, so if Town, she can't  do anything tonight anyway. And if dopp, she can't kill tonight.

Jim Mind Steals ToonyMan. If Caz was dopp, then ToonyMan isn't, and Jim's wincon will change, and he can tell us that.

Toaster checks for race on Caz, I guess. If dopp, that won't tell us much of anything.

That leaves Tiruin free do do as she pleases. There's your benefit of the doubt, Tiruin. Let your action tell us what you are.

And, at the end, if someone is night killed, Toaster and Tiruin are the only ones who weren't assigned anything that will directly provide provable actions.

In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 21, 2013, 04:54:07 pm »

Tiruin:

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here. It's hard not to act defensively when you're being cornered, and you are.
I was prepared to cite a long list of defense against all that conventional attack..and this is what I'm facing?
..thanks...

Still..I have to ask. This 'being cornered' could also speak of me as scum and me being the last one (yeah, sans any relations which nobody looks at). What makes you think I'm not? This 'benefit of the doubt'?

Meph: An errant thought crossed my mind.
Harvester
    Race: Alien
    Goal: Kill/Find
    Rules: The Harvester is collecting things for its own purposes. There are two different types of Harvesters. A Harvester may choose to Abduct another player during the Night Phase.
      Organ Harvester - The Abducted player is killed. The Harvester acts as a Doom Speaker, and is building an Abomination. After some # of nights (based on player count) the Abomination is released and performs a Night Kill attempt on every player.
      Mind Stealer - Copies the Role from the Abducted player for the following day/night as well as the Win Condition of that player until a new one is acquired. The abducted player reverts to a vanilla role for the rest of the game(Aliens will all become survivors). If the Mind Stealer doesn't have any other goal, then it is a Survivor.     
    Tech: 0 Slots
    Victory: Organ Harvester wins when all other players are dead. The OH must be alive at the end of the game. The Mind Stealer wins if its current win condition is fulfilled.
Now in browsing back on all the Harvesters as of late, I haven't come across a Mind Stealer--given my experience as an Organ Harvester, 'releasing your victim' hasn't ever been an option to me (as it should be, as I want your yummy tissues).
> Does a Mind Stealer have a mandatory -take and return- action (as in, steal the person one night, return him the next)? Given the bolded portion, that means 'for the following day and night' post-night-when-he/she-was-abducted, right?
> When that day/night runs out, the Mind Stealer will revert to its original form and will be able to Mind Steal again, right?

Caz was captured N1, returned N2. So that means the Mind Stealer can only act on consecutive days if the MS power is not a one-shot.

Honestly, neither did I. It was only after stuff started being claimed that I went back and looked at her posts, and began applying logic to what I thought had happened. On the surface, she appeared Town.
THIS is what I'm talking about!
argh whatever I don't want to talk about this. I'm defending Imp guys! Lynch me for that!

Spoiler: The Plan (click to show/hide)
Eh? I'm guarding the triumvirate here. I'd say that I suspect one of them is a fakeclaimer but I'm too exhausted to check back given that I wholly trust Persus (he was the only one other than Cado to willfully contact me in a PM.) Unless he's scum and really wants to prove his 'human' role.
If you really are a heroic guard. I reccommend you protect Makeinu. Dead man walking out.

And I just remembered (woo, memory, nice way to convict me >__>). The base reason why I claimed is because I took it from a scum perspective of view--they would see me claiming as a heroic guard and then wonder why one would even do such a thing--sure, while its a Protect role, it also means its a martyr role, so in essence they'd chance upon something else in their thoughts and plans--enabling me to launch this thing against anyone I deemed worthy. Stuff is hazy, that's my general idea and why I said WIFOM scum at the time.
It didn't work as I'm still alive (Not a Guardian).

Persus, you have mail incoming. BCC anyone, whatever, I trust you with my choice.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 21, 2013, 05:07:06 pm »

Has town ever lynched a dopp the first two days before?  How did that turn out?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 21, 2013, 05:19:18 pm »

Has town ever lynched a dopp the first two days before?  How did that turn out?

I've never seen a game this initially successful for Town.

Two days.
Two scum lynches.
No scum night kills.

That doesn't mean victory is assured for the Town, by any means. We're potentially still 6-2 here, if Caz and Jim are dopps, and we've got that known unknown of Superblackcat, which means we've as little as a 3-player advantage. Smart play by a dopp team, or even a solo dopp, can't be ruled out.

But we can try.

Tiruin: I'm being kind. Please don't question it. Right now, I have only your past action claims, unverifiable, and your public postings to go on. The same goes for Toaster. My intuition, and that's all I really have at the moment, is you for dopp and Toaster for Town. But there's still the unverified nature of clearing Caz/Jim, and until that's resolved, I'm more than happy to give the remaining Dopp(s) enough rope to hang themselves, i.e., freedom to act at night, in a controlled fashion.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 21, 2013, 05:24:42 pm »

Ehh, Wait... I'm being lynched... Because we don't know who scum is?

Like... Isn't that the games objective? I'm lynched because... Objective is not fulfilled? That's a ... interesting reason there.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 55