Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 142759 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 3 brings death and release
« Reply #645 on: December 21, 2013, 02:02:43 pm »

Uh, no, that makes no sense either. Back there when I'm talking to makeinu and Caz, that's me being nice.

But really, what do you mean? The only possibilities with me on you--and that's with nothing but an 'all clear' sign from my intuition on anything you say, which scares me--are either Survivor/HiveMind/SporeSpreader/Agent Operative. The 'need x number of people' = Hivemind more than anything else, but the dual-shield speaks about self-preservation (which..I should look at Max instead given on his choices of a Medium Tech slot if the Hivemind is to be settled with) AND you did mention something affecting makeinu.
Medium Tech

Advanced Holoform Modulator: Works as the Holoform Modulator, but also allows the Alien to project an active hologram. This hologram can be shown to go to any location (or stay at home). Anyone following the Alien will watch the Hologram instead of the Alien. In addition, the Advanced Holoform Modulator will screen against Psychic and Tech detection as well. It will not, however, protect the alien from a War Vet or Sentry Guns at the location they actually visit. Once activated it lasts the entire night but is used up after that.
    Permanent Holoform Modulator: Works as the Holoform Modulator, but is not used up when inspected.
    Assassin bot: Once per game the Alien can use the assassin bot to Morning-kill another player. This attack cannot be traced back to the Alien. In addition, it is triggered remotely and can be used even while abducted.
    Mind Control Ray: Once per game the Alien can use the Mind Control Ray to choose another player's target for the night as well as their vote for the next day. If the player does not have a night action (and is not the dopp/cultist chosen for the night kill), or if the player has a limited-use night ability and chose not to use it, then no action occurs. The alien still controls the vote on the next day.
    Stun Bomb: Allows the Alien to stun the entire town, preventing any player from using an Action for that night or using any active abilities the following day. The Alien who uses it is unaffected. Does not use up the Alien's action for that night.
    Combat Camouflage: A combination of weapons and accessories that allows the Exterminator to mask his kills as if they came from any source (Vig, Dopp, or Abduction). Also works on kills made by Assassin Bots.
    EMP Pulse Emitter: Can be used to Target a single player each night. Any Tech devices used by that player that night are shorted out and must be fixed the following night. If the player's action relied on the Tech item, they are roleblocked. Does not use up the Alien's action for that night.
    Psychic Pulse Emitter: Can be used to Target a single player each night. Prevents the player from using any Psychic Abilities (except for a Mind Shield) for that night and the next day phase. Does not use up the Alien's action for that night.
...None of these make sense to me. Unless you got the Holoform Modulator [not the Permanent one]...which does make sense.

I don't know what to think other than you playing as a Hivemind and coming off clean as in 'I'm not lying' but..Spore Spreader dangers are also existent here given the contradicting uncontested claims there.

...So I'm going with Occam's Razor here. Technically--those who should be dead for you to achieve such are: ToonyMan - Psychic Warden ; That Dopp..and that's basically it.

Victory: The Hivemind wins when all opposing groups are dead and the town has no way of stopping them (Vig, War Vet, etc)
Actually I'm not even sure if a Psychic Warden == "Stops the HIvemind" A.K.A. KILL THE HIVEMIND UNLESS HE'S OBVIOUS :O

Because from this list:
    RangerCado - Human Intelligence Scientist

Superblackcat - Um. Alien.

*Jim Groovester - Useless Military Scientist [Ass. Bot] {Alien}
    *Caz - Mindless Human

Toaster - Claimed Agent
    Persus13 - Claimed Observant
    Tiruin - Claimed Heroic Guard (I'm actually a Guardian. :P)
    ToonyMan - Claimed Psychic Warden
    makeinu - Claimed Detective

TheDarkStar - Doppelganger (Anti-Tech Field)
    Imp - Tough Doppelganger
* = Analogous//One is Human/Dopp, and the other is a copy.
The Agent Operative makes more sense however, given that there is an existing Agent. What's going on SBC.

PPE ooo 5 new replies. Time to get to those in my next post.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 21, 2013, 02:10:25 pm »

I assumed the Scientists could kill me, and so can Jim...

I'm not sure if I have to convert Toony.

Yes Dopp has to die for me.

I got a shield, and a holograph, It was used on N2, I thought it was permanent... (GG NOT READING OP) Heh... Worked out in my favor though.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 21, 2013, 02:13:42 pm »

I have to agree with Tiruin on this one. You two are not confirmed town. Jim would have abducted someone else last night if he really wanted to win, but Jim has done well at being the only scum player in previous mafia games. And if both of you are dopp aligned, all you need to do is wait until day end tomorrow. Nevertheless, the two of you are pretty low on my suspicion list, but are a little higher now because of this.

I suppose you've got to be cautious. Feel free to do whatever you need to sate your suspicions.

Can people please explain to me why they think Tiruin is scum? I honestly am failing to see it.

buddying/protecting imp, missing both scumlynches, taking the threat of lynch quite badly. The arguments held up, though, and I haven't seen further missteps. It's a townie point for her, I guess. A small one. Very small.

Heh, Caz, Actually Max lobbied Meph into 2 small in stead of one medium...
I had a natural mind shield... and then got an antitech....

If Max convinced Meph, why did the tech appear on consecutive days?

Though if you are telling the truth, it's interesting. Getting rid of the cult is a priority... but I also want to find the last dopp rather than killing you today. :/ Problems, problems...

Uh, no, that makes no sense either. Back there when I'm talking to makeinu and Caz, that's me being nice.

<3

I don't know what to think other than you playing as a Hivemind and coming off clean as in 'I'm not lying' but..Spore Spreader dangers are also existent here given the contradicting uncontested claims there.

Spore Spreader has no tech though, so I doubt he is one.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 21, 2013, 02:15:13 pm »

Consecutive days? What?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 21, 2013, 02:17:23 pm »

Consecutive days? What?

You said you had one then had the other. As if you started with only one. You even referred to it as "lucky". Or I'm misunderstanding this.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 21, 2013, 02:19:45 pm »

Can people please explain to me why they think Tiruin is scum? I honestly am failing to see it.

buddying/protecting imp, missing both scumlynches, taking the threat of lynch quite badly. The arguments held up, though, and I haven't seen further missteps. It's a townie point for her, I guess. A small one. Very small.
Okay, I can understand several of these points. I mean, I missed both scum lynches too, and TIruin and Imp seem to be friends, so I could understand buddying. I didn't notice anything off about Imp until D2 as well.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 21, 2013, 02:21:22 pm »

The post I'm replying to in the above is
Tiruin: I was feeling nice... I really shouldn't play mafia when I am feeling nice.
I didn't bother reading the rest until this post.

Persus
Tiruin:
I told him my role after he told me he was an observant guard.
I mistyped this because I was in a hurry. Makeinu did NOT lie to me about his role. This sentence should read "I told him I was an observant guard after he told me his N1 inspect results."[...]
*sighs*
I like how you made my name big. It makes me feel appreciated. Thanks. >_<
..So yeah, that's cleared up anyway.

TOONYMAN: ROLEBLOCK SBC. LYNCH SOMEONE ELSE TODAY EVERYONE.

I know that I should shut up and not say anything :I But I want to express myself as a person and not as a player here when I say 'thank you Persus' and 'If you'd see me now, I'd be partly teary at your empathy'.
But I didn't say that as a player.

Heh, Caz, Actually Max lobbied Meph into 2 small in stead of one medium...
I had a natural mind shield... and then got an antitech....

BTW, Caz, Max tried to convert you day one... I tried to convert Ranger Day 2...

I must say, How am I so freaking unlucky?

(Actually I'm both lucky and unlucky... You 2 were both people I needed to convert, and I/Max guessed right both times... However, someone always got to you guys first >: ()
*parsing*
Here's me taking ten minutes to internalize all your posts while hugging ZU's lurkertracker and I say, either my internal lie detector is broken or I'm seeing sincerity off the charts. Kudos to your courage dear sir! (Bravery is a lie. Courage is the true form of bravery!)
Anyway. Let's say I believe everything you say because that causes less of a headache.
This means that:
> You've taken a counter-measure as a generality given the Advanced Holoform--this describes makeinu's block.
> You haven't converted anyone. Because if you had, then we'd be damn s****** and if people are converted, this explains why the votes are so flippant today with excuses and labels flying everywhichway.

..That is what I'm wavering on.

> In truth, nobody can 'actually' stop you short of the lynch given how all the claims have no guns or stuff to kill your face off. Other than ToonyMan (<3 ToonyMan).

...So it boils down to 'Do we trust if you converted people'.

When it really boils down to "EVERYONE PROTECT TOONY; TOONY, PUT SUPERBLACKCAT IN CHAINS. LYNCH SOMEONE ELSE OTHER THAN SBC."

Collating reads and transcribing personal notes in the morning. 3AM typing is fun~

PPE: Did you also assume that the Agent Operative doesn't win with town?
...I have nothing to say about the parenthesis other than 'This is your fault' and 'DIE ALIEN SCUM' and other aforementioned things a seriously self-righteous person would do in a comedy play.

*checks OP*
Oh look, Mind Control is at the top of the list!
..Ah. Now I get what that 'can't stop you' thing is, other than 'LYNCH THE DARN THING'.

..Redact that note to Toony.

PPE: Argh new posts.

EXPLAIN.

Do you even care to talk to me like a real person, or am I too low for you to expound in detail? Taking the threat of the lynch 'quite badly' is taken fully out of context. You aren't even targeting what I explicitly said in favor of said lynch!

PPE: Thrice damnit. You both don't bother at all. Whatever, I give up. I shall speak nothing more on defending myself against your brief cases.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 21, 2013, 02:26:42 pm »

EXPLAIN.

Do you even care to talk to me like a real person, or am I too low for you to expound in detail? Taking the threat of the lynch 'quite badly' is taken fully out of context. You aren't even targeting what I explicitly said in favor of said lynch!

PPE: Thrice damnit. You both don't bother at all. Whatever, I give up. I shall speak nothing more on defending myself against your brief cases.

If you stop with the dramatic pontification, I will try.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 21, 2013, 02:30:42 pm »

..Yeah..I should probably not do that. I sound like a broken tape recorder. >_<

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 21, 2013, 02:37:46 pm »

If SBC is a hivemind (who has failed to convert anybody even) what's the problem with lynching them and then following Makeinu's plan to clear and check most people?  That's what I'm going to do.  If you wanted somebody else lynched and for me to block SBC tonight that person being lynched today would be you, Tiruin.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 21, 2013, 02:41:53 pm »

Nonononono.

Caz, I start out with Natural Mind Shield, and Max picked out anti-tech shield.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 21, 2013, 02:44:30 pm »

If SBC is a hivemind (who has failed to convert anybody even) what's the problem with lynching them and then following Makeinu's plan to clear and check most people?  That's what I'm going to do.  If you wanted somebody else lynched and for me to block SBC tonight that person being lynched today would be you, Tiruin.

It doesn't really matter which way we do it. If you guys want to get rid of SBC I'm ok with a shorten.

SBC: sorry dude, looks like you had bad luck all game :(

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 21, 2013, 02:45:18 pm »

Yeah, and yet again I offer the idea of rechecking back other than lying on your lazy bums to say 'LYNCH HER LYNCH HIM'.

..And you really can't block SBC.

It doesn't really matter which way we do it. If you guys want to get rid of SBC I'm ok with a shorten.

SBC: sorry dude, looks like you had bad luck all game :(
It's all Max' fault.
And I still hate you! Idiot! :I
Sorry

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 21, 2013, 03:12:52 pm »

Right then we definitely want to lynch SBC first and then you tomorrow.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 21, 2013, 03:16:17 pm »

Wow, So no more compromise? ;-;
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 55