Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 142763 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 3 brings death and release
« Reply #630 on: December 21, 2013, 08:37:53 am »

Check the vote count again. The votes haven't stood, they've shifted. Superblackcat is the current lynch target and will stay such until he starts making sense. I, for one am not going to dance around and play twenty questions to figure out what he is.
I, for one, care, and pretty much am ok with playing question-questions with people because questions = answers.

I do not want to waste a lynch because of people being hasty, and this note on your outlook on trying to analyze the kittycat is..curious.

Oh, and the 'check the vote count' was before I read along the lines and saw people shifting.

There is no "could be". If you're not Town aligned, then you need to be working for the Town's goal, or you're a threat.

Right now, all I see is threat.
There is if you've a choice and are an Alien however.

I never said you were 'acting just like in BM Sprint'. I said your style was different in games where you played Town. Sorry, yeah, meta, whatever. How do you learn to play against a pro? You watch them play. Sports team coaches spend countless hours watching their opponent's games. Pro poker players study other pro poker players intently, watching for the tells that show while they know the cards in play, so they can watch for those tells when they don't know the hand.
3) Tiruin still has the highest scum read on my part. Sorry, meta here, but we did just finish Sprint, and you almost had me completely snowed there. And I'm seeing similar play patterns that I don't know are your normal meta or not.
Well you should fix your wording. Because if so, then the bolded part has no use at all in being in that statement.
...I'm a pro? awwww....

And that's why I suspect you. You don't have that self-assuredness that I expect to see from Town right now. You continue to be defensive, deflective, missing vital information, et cetera.
Oh bloody hell. I'm not self-assured because I'm ensuring myself to be assured by asking! You expect Town to know everything makeinu? I'm not self-assured here because I know there's something wrong with how the logic is going, and everyone else is being too lazy or narrowminded in their own (probably self-)righteousness to see it at the moment! I'm basing this because I know my role, and checking out SBC, he doesn't seem that malevolent--he's flailing, though, and he needs to talk more. A LOT MORE--You want to be calm because there's one dopp left? Fine. Go ahead and see innocents die without thought, but I? I want to see the right thing done here. I want to be more sure than the lax consciences others have here.

You say I'm being deflective and other notes on that point? Hmm, seems like a jaunting accusation, no? Why don't you back it up and begin quoting the evidence other than just stating it makeinu. I mean, your viewpoint may skew against me, and of course you're able to say that, but which parts and where make me scum? Surely you can do that.

Notice how her list, in response to me, her summary, during Day One, had only two slight Town reads? On two pretty blatantly Town players, in review and retrospect? I asked myself why, and all that I could come up with was that she already knew who was aligned where for the most part. Namely, she knew who not to target as scum, because she knew the scum.
Valid. Check.

You still see nothing, in retrospect, that points to her having showed scum Day One, even the slightest bit. Her four highest scum reads were her scum buddy desperately asking to be bused, and three solid Town power roles. On Jim and Max (now Cat), the confirmed Aliens, null reads. Same for you, but you're down there on the Town side of the spectrum, aren't you?
You judge from notice now, yet have you any prediction how it was then? I felt it best to count her off as town given how she gave her case--I was shocked just as much as you when she flipped scum and then saw myself in the future under suspicion because of that notice, no matter how trivial. But then I'm accused, only by label and not by evidence now.

What are you trying to forward? That Imp was protecting me by issuing that sort of notice? And as she flipped, she'll be examined and traced? Basic logic, but then...

It is interesting, your statement. Yet it issues WIFOM, more likely. Why? She could also be giving her honest-to-goodness reads back then on who she sincerely saw scumtells in. I was bloody blanked out then, because of my lacking performance (mostly due to RL). Tell me how that thing you put up there matters to our argument.

What in the world are you trying to imply.

So, yeah, more meta. A confirmed dopp role flip paints her words in a new light. Doesn't it.
Oh yes, it does, but I am failing to see what you imply by that above.

I don't color you confused at all. I very much want an answer as well, but so far, none is forthcoming. And barring that, along with the admissions above, Superblackcat is the ideal lynch today, and even then I doubt we're hitting the last dopp, merely eliminating a different threat.
I'm staying on the side of caution--as if he's really that scummy, I wonder why he even told me those details in the first place if the case, even subconsciously, forwards him as scum. And that note on the item you have, and the shield he has. I am unsure on whether he is scum and more of a self-preserving other given how..he has two shields. And he suspects you having an item instead of anything else regarding the 'No Role' thing.

Survivor only has one Small Tech Slot, and I see nothing about a natural shield there. Regardless, no reason not to claim this. It's harmless to the Town.
Well people do have natural shields, right? *points at TheDarkStar*

No reason not to claim this either, as I stated before. That he refuses to claim paints a more dangerous picture, because this role is helpful to Town unless, and only unless, Toaster is dopp, and SBC chooses that alignment.

And if it's not dangerous, then he's jeopardizing the Town by forcing us to waste our efforts on him.

God damn it. That's a lot of WIFOM.
Let me highlight something I believe we're all missing.

Agent Operative
    Visible Role: Operative
    Race: Alien
    Goal: Based on Action
    Rules: This Operative is working with the government and has been sent along to assist an Agent in aiding the town. The Operative is not told who the Agent is until the First Night, however. In addition, the government has no way of knowing if the Agent is still human. The Operative should use caution when contacting the agent.
    Tech: 1 Medium and 2 Small Slots
    Victory: Town wins
Orange. Purple.
I am unsure what this 'Goal' refers to, maybe how it shows to the role that seeks the Goal, but the purple declares it obvious. Town. Wins.

...Eh. K. I'm legitimately confused. SBC, get out here and talk. Because the only way I see the technicality is that you're operating under the notion of it being a free choice (which it is but that ignores the wincondition//Victory note).

Superblackcat: Why did you decide to tell me about your shields?

Tiruin, if you're so insistent that this is the wrong way things should go down, then what do you suggest?
That you people explain how, in that process of elimination, it goes down to me and SBC. SBC is more likely than not, an Alien. Me? Sure, you can say that 'OH SHE'S THE LAST DOPP!' but what evidence do I see other than that nebulous notion of 'P(rocess)o(f)E(limination)'?

What I'm forwarding is a reexamination of those who the general populace considers as 'clear' given that I'm forwarding my role and that if I'm lynched today, it'd be a waste. What'll be gained? One less suspect, sure, but other than that I see nothing against me other than what makeinu says, and despite that, what he says is vague.

What I suggest is that we spend the time we have now cross examining what we have at present. Who has resorted to PMs, and who contacted who, given how I see the PM chat has increased.

Psssssh, wasted. After I lied about Caz's role it confirmed him as a Military Scientist. It also eliminated one of my suspects. Hardly wasted at all!
I should've clarified..I'm saying that part because I talked to Cado--that hasn't occurred to you, but it played a vital factor in calling it 'a waste'.

PS: That's a DAYKILL item you've got there by the way. You could've eliminated him during the day after letting him speak.
Assassin bot: Once per game the MS can use the assassin bot to perform a Morning Kill on another player. This attack cannot be traced back to the Mad Scientist.
Amirite, Mr. Cthulu?

Exterminators start with a natural shield, their choice on whether it's Mind Shield or Anti-Tech Field.

Oh, I know, you must be an Exterminator.
...This just gets weirder and weirder. Why didn't he even kill given that prospect. :v Blarghh.
..Wait, everyone can start with a natural shield (note that SBC said he got his first shield by 'luck' [or..did I not say that earlier?] and then stated he 'received' the next one.) Isn't any alien role with a Small Tech Slot able to pick a shield or not?
Bleh, anyway, waiting on SBC.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 21, 2013, 10:27:42 am »

PS: That's a DAYKILL item you've got there by the way. You could've eliminated him during the day after letting him speak.
Assassin bot: Once per game the MS can use the assassin bot to perform a Morning Kill on another player. This attack cannot be traced back to the Mad Scientist.
Amirite, Mr. Cthulu?

Morning kill means it happens after nightkill but before the daystart. So, nope. Such discussion about why Jim used the kill is pretty pointless as he is confirmed town.

I do have to wonder on this quote, though:

Imp, I know you don't have much time, but can you please take a few minutes to answer this question and respond to my post to you as that would be nice... you scum.
That's a pretty nice shift there Persus.
Ellipsis + weak accusation. How does this statement here reference your past note on your last vote?

If Imp's your buddy, I'd think you'd be smarter than to actively defend her in posts. Eh. Getting into that is too much WIFOM, though.

Going down the list of small-chance suspects, sure.

MORE SCUM

Tiruin: observant guard, protected scum. has failed to make a vote that hit scum so far. very defensive, made many mistakes (claimed toaster targeted him, doesn't know what's happening with the assassin bot, etcetc. asking many questions that aren't related to hunting at all. seems like a smokescreen.
Superblackcat/Max: won't reveal his role, possible alien exterminator. this does not explain why he won't claim. it seems like a dumb move to me, rather than a scum move.
Toaster: has managed to stay under the radar for most of the game. claims to have been contacted by RangerCado who fingered Tiruin. claim unverifiable. a bad feeling, but toaster always seems a bit scummy so it's hard to tell.

(past this, i doubt it)

Persus13 - just scraped by day2, but eh, i just don't feel it. a good spread of suspects, a bit flighty, but seems normal playstyle.
makeinu: was voted by imp day1, lynched both scum, very high spread of cases and scumhunting. if he's dopp, my hat i will eat.
ToonyMan/Sinless: cop, outed imp and caused her lynch. if he was scum, he would've let imp replace, unless someone can tell me that toony's meta is being completely mental.

Jim - confirmed town for now
Caz - confirmed town

MORE TOWN

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 21, 2013, 11:06:02 am »

Hmmm yeah let's lynch the exterminator so they can't mess us up tonight.  Superblackcat.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 21, 2013, 11:12:59 am »

I do have to wonder on this quote, though
Someone actually thinks.  ::)

Tiruin: observant guard, protected scum. has failed to make a vote that hit scum so far. very defensive, made many mistakes (claimed toaster targeted him, doesn't know what's happening with the assassin bot, etcetc. asking many questions that aren't related to hunting at all. seems like a smokescreen.
Or..probably not.
Correction: Heroic Guard. @bolded part: Like I bloody knew who they were. >_>
@Orange part: Would you stop using those damned labels and begin targeting the exacts? I'm pissed and tired of being held in contempt by these bloody pieces of mudslinging ideals without even being targeted in exact! If you call me defending the notion of this 'lynch' on me defensive--or WHATEVER on me being defensive, then I may as well just shorten and vote myself because I give up trying to talk to people. Why can't you even put any sort of statement from that idea? "Being defensive" is nothing short of an outright accusation which targets nothing but the generality of that person.
@Purple:...I'm beginning to hate you now.

Not only are you most likely town, but you begin denouncing me without even looking at the context! I "claimed" Toaster targeted me (in reality, I know he didn't, I asked that because I was going to judge by his answer. His state of going the 'Why did you kill x + vote' is an old trick he keeps using when he has predominantly near nothing on someone else and wants a reaction, or something. I asked him that because of his vote at day start, if you're "looking for answers that aren't related to hunting at all," to use your own words.

@Bolded part: You try pulling an explanation out of that
And then tell me what a Morning kill is, buddy. If you weren't directly tied to Jim via alignment which could be town/least likely scum, then...bah. I need not deal with trivial stress.

asking many questions that aren't related to hunting at all
SPECIFY, you coward. Just because you're related to Jim doesn't mean you can be lazy lazy all around. Are you labeling me just to anger me? To incite whatever logical vengeance lies in my part? It's working, because ever since the last day, you haven't been thinking as a Towny (ie In depth logic or at least deciding to poke at current events). I just see you on occasion popping in and giving a brief summary without your own scumhunting tied in it.

And that 'quip' on my 'villainous breakdown'? It's very tempting to utter an expletive at you now at your free will on goading me.

ToonyMan/Sinless: cop, outed imp and caused her lynch. if he was scum, he would've let imp replace, unless someone can tell me that toony's meta is being completely mental.
Beautiful logic. You never poke at the essence of people's works, do you. Conclude before checking all those paths.

Caz - confirmed town
Humor me and tell me how you're both confirmed town.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 21, 2013, 11:56:46 am »

Tiruin
Ah, you're right. I think the observant guard thing came from you claiming that you saw "no one or nothing" target Imp, which is strange as Heroic guards only stop kills and receive no other information, as far as I know. Why did you claim this, btw? If you thought it through, you'd know that it wouldn't clear Imp, yet you did it anyway?

Would you stop using those damned labels and begin targeting the exacts? I'm pissed and tired of being held in contempt by these bloody pieces of mudslinging ideals without even being targeted in exact! If you call me defending the notion of this 'lynch' on me defensive--or WHATEVER on me being defensive, then I may as well just shorten and vote myself because I give up trying to talk to people. Why can't you even put any sort of statement from that idea? "Being defensive" is nothing short of an outright accusation which targets nothing but the generality of that person.

Well, the fact that you're posting in the style you are. If you're town, then you're in a relatively good position - two dopps dead, many town power roles still active. Yet you're screaming bloody murder and insults as if this lynch will make you lose. Because you are scum.

And then tell me what a Morning kill is, buddy. If you weren't directly tied to Jim via alignment which could be town/least likely scum, then...bah. I need not deal with trivial stress.

Eh, as far as I know, Morning Kills happen before day start. I could be wrong. Meph, can you confirm on this?

ever since the last day, you haven't been thinking as a Towny (ie In depth logic or at least deciding to poke at current events). I just see you on occasion popping in and giving a brief summary without your own scumhunting tied in it.

*shrug* You talk enough for the both of us.

Beautiful logic. You never poke at the essence of people's works, do you. Conclude before checking all those paths.

So, is Toony your scum pick? You just got on me for being vague, but what is that? :P

Caz - confirmed town

This was discussed several pages ago. If I were dopp, Jim would've mind stolen last night then bussed me. But you know that already. You seemed ok with this earlier. Why the change of heart? It just seems to me like you're trying to make a smoke-screen to hide how much of your posts are spent defending your non-town actions. We have the time I suppose. It's just... tiresome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 21, 2013, 12:31:09 pm »

Tiruin
Ah, you're right. I think the observant guard thing came from you claiming that you saw "no one or nothing" target Imp, which is strange as Heroic guards only stop kills and receive no other information, as far as I know. Why did you claim this, btw? If you thought it through, you'd know that it wouldn't clear Imp, yet you did it anyway?
Because I stand by what I said yesterday, though it is ill-thought of and underplanned. I note that people usually don't target me--and by people I mean kills--If I issued forth some vague claim like a heroic guard, the presiding thought would be that I'm actually someone else (haha no I'm a heroic guard u_u) given the notion of 'having something on x person' judging by the context of the details.

Said plan being blown to Charon and beyond when Imp flipped scum. Call me whatever, the crux back there was that I was more than null-sure that Imp was town.

Well, the fact that you're posting in the style you are. If you're town, then you're in a relatively good position - two dopps dead, many town power roles still active. Yet you're screaming bloody murder and insults as if this lynch will make you lose. Because you are scum.
I-..I..
*sighs*
I'm not being defensive. I'm being stressed. What I'm screaming from is a different angle than just blind and anxious rage--I'm screaming at the methods used in persecuting people..which is crude and faulty now that I look back at it.
Also no, I'm not scum, but if that notion keeps on sticking, I'll just throw down my arms and jump out the airlock, ie fight to the death.

So, is Toony your scum pick? You just got on me for being vague, but what is that? :P
I facepalm at your interpretation, with the only saving grace of this joke being your organ of taste hanging serenely from that cirrhotic face of yours.
No, Toony isn't my scum pick at all given how the proceeds went ~D2 twilight. It was a gamble at best, if he's scum, given how the stance of the public was--they weren't sure despite the notion of 'roleblock = no kill' was presented.

This was discussed several pages ago. If I were dopp, Jim would've mind stolen last night then bussed me. But you know that already. You seemed ok with this earlier. Why the change of heart? It just seems to me like you're trying to make a smoke-screen to hide how much of your posts are spent defending your non-town actions. We have the time I suppose. It's just... tiresome.
I refuse to punch the wall beside me because I've already decorated it enough with my pain.
Let me emphasize. "Humor me" = I want to hear what you've to say despite the pervasive notion being totally obvious and I just really want to hear what you have to say in all honesty.

This feels like the Spanish Inquisition breathing down my neck. Am I to be tortured by an opague wall of logic? My suspects lie as I stated before: SBC, makeinu, and the rest back there. Lacking a response to continue communication, I'm forced to banter with you right now.

Yet now I'm labeled. Non-town actions are a nice intangible notion brought onto me. What are they in detail, my mindless friend?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 21, 2013, 01:12:35 pm »

Alrighty...
Here's my pitch...
I'm not the exterminator, I don't think my wincon exactly goes against yours... but it doesn't exactly help it either...

For me to win, several of you townies will have to die. And then I win. Past that, you guys can win.

I don't want to RC because I think I'll be escorted out of here and left floating aimlessly around the stars by you guys... However I think that not RCing is not any bit better.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 21, 2013, 01:32:22 pm »

*checks OP*
*"Wincon where people need to die to win..that's like everything fulfilling the 'x needs to be more than y to win'. Could be dopp, could be alien. Must be alien by those two shields."*

Answer me superblackcat: Why did you tell me of your two shields. That's [mostly-ish] practically your saving grace towards me--'why would he do x when x confers a disadvantageous y'.

*goes back to check and narrows down to aliens*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now I really doubt its an Exterminator given the lack of kills so I've stricken that and the Exty-Op out.
You can't be the Xeno-Zoo given the lack of abductions either and one of them is claimed--Jim. So that's out too. Include all roles which have flavor hints like the Organ Harvester and the replica Mind Stealer..

Interesting.

*checks back in personal notes*
So you say you can technically win with town? Emphasis on technically? And then
For me to win, several of you townies will have to die. And then I win. Past that, you guys can win.
Emphasis.

Eh? So..you're not a survivor...unless there's some zany concept of a refugee who has a phobia of "# of living people'

If you had forgotten your wincon, then that would be a present notion, but..you haven't said that--you haven't also addressed my queries to you however; my query on your shields is still unanswered so I don't know what to think about that tic.

It doesn't make sense to see if you're a Spore Spreader--you sure haven't acted like one (though Max..ugh. Max.). That note disclaims an Infester though you could be lying...I don't see lying there judging by the thorough use of ellipsis--and believe you me, I know those notes on ellipses.

Hello Hivemind. THIS is where this process of elimination works (take that plebians). I'm taking all your words as honesty, however the confusion draws with why you told me in the first place (no I'm not a convert). Who did you target--why did you pick those who you'd target?
    Victory: The Hivemind wins when all opposing groups are dead and the town has no way of stopping them (Vig, War Vet, etc)
The Town wincon generally goes along the notion of "general gist is that opposing conditions [ie wincons] should not be present or dead." from memory...Which is practically those who want Town dead. Looking at the list of Aliens, that only pertains to the Harvester and the Exty//Exty-Op, the rest are...'nuisances to the free subjects of Middle Earth' as described by the Toaster Encyclopedia of 2044. Meaning: Neutrally aligned; judging from what you said however, this 'technicality' could span to all those who aren't an Exterminator (or you're lying, but I sincerely doubt that).

I don't want to RC because I think I'll be escorted out of here and left floating aimlessly around the stars by you guys... However I think that not RCing is not any bit better.
Why..did..you...tell me about those two shields. It's bugging the neurons out of their destined locations in my body. Jan Purkyně would be displeased.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 21, 2013, 01:39:09 pm »

EBWOP: Really, if you're a Survivor, then there's completely nothing at all to worry about given the notion of double shields--I don't know how exactly it works, but from reading the past Paranormals, people get natural shields sometimes, and given what you said, there's an obvious discrepancy in the works. Don't antagonize your case.

How are you 'lucky' with those shields? Wording difficulty? I doubt that one but perhaps I didn't fully understand you back then. Why exactly 'townies' by the way? Isn't the dopp a threat to you that you're...specifying?

..Or you're an INfester and playing a devilishly scheming plan due to how..."transparent" (or as transparent as can be due to that massclaim) the plot is set right now.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 21, 2013, 01:45:05 pm »

Tiruin: I was feeling nice... I really shouldn't play mafia when I am feeling nice.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 21, 2013, 01:50:30 pm »

I facepalm at your interpretation, with the only saving grace of this joke being your organ of taste hanging serenely from that cirrhotic face of yours.

Wow. :P

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 21, 2013, 01:53:11 pm »

SBC: So you're hivemind, right? Who else is converted? Maybe we can work something out.

2 shields: tech can be gifted iirc, so someone who had a shield gave theirs to SBC to ensure they wouldn't all die.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 21, 2013, 01:56:50 pm »

The Whiteboard
makeinu: Persus13, Tiruin
Superblackcat: Jim Groovester, makeinu, ToonyMan, Toaster
Tiruin: Caz

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 21, 2013, 01:58:33 pm »

Tiruin:
I told him my role after he told me he was an observant guard.
I mistyped this because I was in a hurry. Makeinu did NOT lie to me about his role. This sentence should read "I told him I was an observant guard after he told me his N1 inspect results."

I can even quote from the PMs:
I know why you have a bad feeling about Jim: he's the Alien. A Mind Stealer. I thought about revealing to him, but I'm not sure about Caz being Town, and if he's Doppelganger, then Jim has that wincon.
What kind of inspector are you?

Detective. Given the "public role" aspect of the dopps, I expect not actually all that useful.

Caz:
Caz - confirmed town

I have to agree with Tiruin on this one. You two are not confirmed town. Jim would have abducted someone else last night if he really wanted to win, but Jim has done well at being the only scum player in previous mafia games. And if both of you are dopp aligned, all you need to do is wait until day end tomorrow. Nevertheless, the two of you are pretty low on my suspicion list, but are a little higher now because of this.

Can people please explain to me why they think Tiruin is scum? I honestly am failing to see it.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 21, 2013, 02:00:24 pm »

Heh, Caz, Actually Max lobbied Meph into 2 small in stead of one medium...
I had a natural mind shield... and then got an antitech....

BTW, Caz, Max tried to convert you day one... I tried to convert Ranger Day 2...

I must say, How am I so freaking unlucky?

(Actually I'm both lucky and unlucky... You 2 were both people I needed to convert, and I/Max guessed right both times... However, someone always got to you guys first >: ()
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 55