Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 142532 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 3 brings death and release
« Reply #585 on: December 19, 2013, 11:57:48 pm »

Hey, look! Wine!

Superblackcat: are you a Survivor?

The majority of votes ride on Tiruin already. Correct me if I'm wrong, but winning with your side (Town/scum) here does not necessarily require surviving, right?
Why would SBC be a survivor if you got no role on him?

Also, I fail to see anything wrong with Toaster's plan.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 19, 2013, 11:59:48 pm »

Why would SBC be a survivor if you got no role on him?

Survivor
    Visible Role: No Role

He's no threat, if so.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 20, 2013, 12:25:40 am »

Today we lynch Tiruin.

Tonight, in this order:

Toony blocks Superblackcat.
Jim Mind Steals ToonyMan. If dopp, we'll know, if Town, Jim wins with Town.
Persus guards makeinu.
makeinu rolecops Persus, to check him for Dopp Leader status. 'No role' result belies the guard claim.
Toaster checks for race on Superblackcat.

If Tiruin flips dopp, we're done, unless there's a dangerous Alien out there. Persus and ToonyMan will be cleared completely, or one outed as Dopp Leader. Superblackcat either comes back human, possible Dopp Leader, or Alien, Survivor.

If, come morning, there's no dopp flip from all that, or a night kill, then Toaster and Superblackcat are the only ones not thoroughly cleared.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 20, 2013, 02:18:01 am »

Today we lynch Tiruin.
I so love how you all act without letting me speak. Is this a case of trial in absentia, people? Are you all so lazy as to not speak up?

Most of you all disgust me as players now. Either that, or its my stress speaking, several times per year, at least once per month, and at irregular intervals of my temperament per week. But to expound, as I know some of you have your panties in a knot and love to scrutinize everything I say--even that in the header which is usually just my own neutral talk to the game--I do notice a lot of laziness: Lacking curiosity. Innovation. Honest-to-goodness speculation.

Disgusting.

...Did not expect that. XD
"I will provide notes on you henceforth, as soon as I get my answers to those above. I apologize for my actions dear buddy boy. Rest assured, I will have the last-though melancholic-laugh and will redeem your name."

Tiruin slides the cylindrical, polka-dotted gift under her seat as she stands up and speaks...

I'm leaning towards the last dopp being Tiruin for defending Imp both in post and action.
"Tch. If there was more than one dopp left, I'd be suspecting you, but I'm clearing you out under grounds of blatant idiocy. Oh, and I've got my dossier on you and others in the background, so you're...clear. Though if I was the commanding officer I'd be sacking you from duty and relegating your quarters as a hot-bunk for the new recruits.

"In other words, you're not thinking. Or thinking so little that you choose the most shallow scum-thought. Anyway."

Before I issue my formal post, I thank Superblackcat for filling me in on recent events through Darkmyst: #Bay12lb IRC channel--Meph, I suppose you got the spam logs? :P
Anyway, let me ask a few pertinent questions.

Toaster: Why did you target me last night?

ToonyMan: Are you so droll as to hop onto Toaster's note just like that? If I had any moment to laugh at your face in a player-player scenario, I'm doing it now. I smell a cheapshot coming from your part, but am curious--why are you doing what you're doing? Hoping for an easy lynch without even doing anything else?

Caz: As referenced above--can you expound on how my defense makes or perhaps ties me in with Imp being scum, or preferably how it makes me scum? I will expound on it later on but I'd like to see your thoughts on it given...how I'm getting used to your playstyle--its roots lie in brevity, and need quite a bit of prodding to get. It pokes at the most superficial ideas at times before even trying to think deeper on the case at hand; if I have to pull off a case, I'd point at Supernatural 6--it was easy to bus you given your play there, and you never bothered to even notify me or my buddies if what you were doing was seriously intentional, or just by due accident.
Secondly. No Dopp kill again? What does that mean? It could mean that Caz was the third scum team member. It could also mean dopp didn't kill to cause confusion. Is anyone else concerned by this?

Since I was abducted, mind stealer gains my wincon. If I'm scum (i'm not btw) there's 2 dopps running around now.
Wat.
How is there two dopps when your mind got stole-
Ah.
Anyway: I implore you to use this against me if trash hits the fan because of the idiocy of the masses, thanks.

Superblackcat: I've told you what I've told you behind the lines--I leave the analysis to you; I understand that you withheld information from me on the basis of the benefit of the doubt, but given the scenario now (most probably 1 last dopp + alien scum), it is imperative that you give enough information in order to aid the Town. I know your advantages as you told me, and I will keep it confidential, though it gives me details on specific others here.

Meph//EveryoneGeneral Query: If a Mind Stealer targets someone with an item--the role is copied, but the item is not taken, right? As in, if a role depends on an item for abilities but without an item, is vanilla, then the Mind Stealer is basically Vanilla now, aye? (Can Mind Stealers..mind steal twice after doing it the first time?)

makeinu
3) Tiruin still has the highest scum read on my part. Sorry, meta here, but we did just finish Sprint, and you almost had me completely snowed there. And I'm seeing similar play patterns that I don't know are your normal meta or not.
"...Ok, for posterity, this does not faze me at all. I mean..what."
Metaknowledge?
BLOODY METAKNOWLEDGE?!
Who am I? Ellen Ripley from Aliens, that my reputation precedes my name?
I cannot defend against this because it is a generality--it states without directly stating. You're labeling me because you lack a target, is what I'm saying, and either using me as bait to check responses, or sincerely..voting for me.
And I cannot 'snow' you there. I doubt I have any control over the climes in this area, or am perhaps missing a metaphor (do you mean something along the lines of trust? Well EXPOUND ON WHAT SIMILARITIES THERE IS THAT MAKE ME SCUM WHY DON'Y YOU)
Quote from: Persus said this
I'm pretty sure what you've seen are normal for Tiruin.
Fair enough. Still doesn't push her down my list, I'm afraid, sorry to Tiruin, until and/or unless new info comes out today.
...Ayup, former suspicion leaning to confirmation. I trusted you, dude, out of all the others here. Click me as an emotional appeal or whatever, but...wow. I can't believe it. >_>

Jim
Because I thought he was scum.
Explain, kuya. I regard your brevity with suspicion. You can always 'think x is scum', but that doesn't justify your blatant targeting.

Superblackkittycat
You guys all had/have roles. I'm literally role-less
Mhmm, yeah right.

For posterity This was my last post--and my REAL last post until I woke up the next day post-exams, wherein Day ends.

So you can imagine my joy at the ton of stuff that happened without me saying anything, and then the consecutive 'joy' at the ton of cr** that's happening now, without me saying bloody anything.

Secondly. No Dopp kill again? What does that mean? It could mean that Caz was the third scum team member. It could also mean dopp didn't kill to cause confusion. Is anyone else concerned by this?
...As far as I know, it could also mean the last dopp has access to guns.
Or an assassin bot. Anyone know the flavor for assassin bots?

Toaster: On your note before--No, I'm not new to this (I mean I played 2 other games with you before--one where you were a Spore Spreader, and two where Dariush was pissed off because a plasma bomb killed him. I forgot which games those were but I was flaily on both.) Said note poking at my memory...yes, it is on my full error that it got messed up; the idea of the flavor withholding kills equal what I was thinking before as non-paranormal flavor (or non-Mephansteras flavor..forgetting that Meph has those faction-flavor kill stuff everytime.) In truth, my mind was confuzzled because exams and the laws of biological life, + immunology and perspective and pointilism.

So yeah. Attribute my error to confusion and muddled thought, but I ask that no error be attributed to my honor for my mistake back then, thanks. However, I will explain why I claimed what I did then, after you answer what I'm asking you above.

ToonyMan
Toaster, Toony: What's your take on Jim claiming the RangerCado kill?
He most likely did it.

I'll role-block Toaster tonight if Tiruin isn't the last dopp.  Our guards can protect me and Makeinu.
it's me and Tiruin that are the guards. What's your case on Tiruin?
It's really procession of elimination.  I'll have a better opinion after Tiruin posts.  But I don't see myself ever voting Caz, Jim, or Makeinu again.

Although if one of us could figure out a way to confirm everybody with our roles would be nice.  I don't think anybody disagrees that Makeinu and I are the best protect targets?
Process of e-
*throws hands up*
You have the worst way of stating your words then.

Welcome to Paranormal.

I love it!! :D
I love it too! And hate you! :D
No this is all a ruse and I love you a lot. <3 <3 <3 xoxo makeinu~~

WAIT
Just read
Well, since everyone else has, I'll join the club.

I am the Agent.

N1 I inspected Caz.  That was a waste.
N2 I inspect Persus.  He came back Human.
Toaster, I will want your reply to my query above IMMEDIATELY because I believe I have singled out a nigh-sure scummy target unless you have something else to say.

Because seriously, that whole 'Why did you kill x' always jives me along the lines of 'I don't have any real suspicions so I'll sling this sack of mud at someone else and look at their reply'. Meaning: I don't like your tactics. It's obvious.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 20, 2013, 02:20:49 am »

Oh, right, and about anyone asking my suspicio-list, I'll be posting it later as well as shtuff I learned in the night. I even did a side-venture with Meph because he was so kind to let me do so! :D

So yeah. Y'all have until Monday to rack up those neurons.
Someone tell me that acting tough is a thing I can do.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 20, 2013, 03:13:23 am »

Today we lynch Tiruin.

Does it bother you so that I took Toaster's plan, and chose one of those lynch options as concrete, instead of leaving it as either/or? After all, there are two things to note.

One, if nothing else happens this day, you have the lynch already. My proposal stemmed from laziness, i.e., letting sleeping votes lie, to butcher a metaphor.

Two, Town wins together, or loses together. Perhaps it's preferable from a certain standpoint to survive to the end of the game, even if Survival is not your wincon. I wouldn't know, I've never survived to the end, and where I learned to play, you only won if your side did and you were alive at the end.

I so love how you all act without letting me speak. Is this a case of trial in absentia, people? Are you all so lazy as to not speak up?

Au contraire, mon sœur, we have been eagerly awaiting your dulcet tones, to elucidate your view as to why it is that we are so wrong to suspect you.

Superblackcat: I've told you what I've told you behind the lines--I leave the analysis to you; I understand that you withheld information from me on the basis of the benefit of the doubt, but given the scenario now (most probably 1 last dopp + alien scum), it is imperative that you give enough information in order to aid the Town. I know your advantages as you told me, and I will keep it confidential, though it gives me details on specific others here.

And here we come up against the wall I faced in questioning based on mine own private knowledge. Of what does dear Tiruin refer to here, Superblackcat? She seems to opine that there is more to you than meets the eye. Are you indeed a better target than she is?

Also, I do believe that the general consensus is that there remains one final dopp, and the only so-far discovered alien is harmless, at worst, and proving quite helpful. The outside chance that Superblackcat is an alien is limited to him being a poor Survivor, as I found that he had No Role to speak of, and there is only one Alien that comes up as that to the Detective, n'est-ce pas?

Meph//EveryoneGeneral Query: If a Mind Stealer targets someone with an item--the role is copied, but the item is not taken, right? As in, if a role depends on an item for abilities but without an item, is vanilla, then the Mind Stealer is basically Vanilla now, aye? (Can Mind Stealers..mind steal twice after doing it the first time?)

Answered by confession, both from mind stealer and mind stolen. Jim took Caz' Assassin Bot and used it to kill RangerCado, of his own decision.

makeinu
3) Tiruin still has the highest scum read on my part. Sorry, meta here, but we did just finish Sprint, and you almost had me completely snowed there. And I'm seeing similar play patterns that I don't know are your normal meta or not.
"...Ok, for posterity, this does not faze me at all. I mean..what."
Metaknowledge?
BLOODY METAKNOWLEDGE?!
Who am I? Ellen Ripley from Aliens, that my reputation precedes my name?
I cannot defend against this because it is a generality--it states without directly stating. You're labeling me because you lack a target, is what I'm saying, and either using me as bait to check responses, or sincerely..voting for me.

Perhaps you are bait, perhaps I genuinely suspect you. As I said elsewhere, I don't know what is "normal" for you, I only know what I saw when last we sparred. And I see strong similarities here to there. Does that mean we are on the same relative sides again? I don't know, but I assume it.

And I cannot 'snow' you there. I doubt I have any control over the climes in this area, or am perhaps missing a metaphor (do you mean something along the lines of trust?

Apologies. Mid-20th century in origin American slang that has become more generalized in meaning.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well EXPOUND ON WHAT SIMILARITIES THERE IS THAT MAKE ME SCUM WHY DON'Y YOU

You're flailing a bit here.

Quote from: Persus said this
I'm pretty sure what you've seen are normal for Tiruin.
Fair enough. Still doesn't push her down my list, I'm afraid, sorry to Tiruin, until and/or unless new info comes out today.
...Ayup, former suspicion leaning to confirmation. I trusted you, dude, out of all the others here. Click me as an emotional appeal or whatever, but...wow. I can't believe it. >_>

'Tis but a game, after all. However, trusted me out of all the others here. The implication is that you spoke privately, in confidence, with none other. Yet, above, you reference unknown conversation with SBC...

Or this, as well, which seems to imply more.

Superblackkittycat
You guys all had/have roles. I'm literally role-less
Mhmm, yeah right.

...As far as I know, it could also mean the last dopp has access to guns.
Or an assassin bot. Anyone know the flavor for assassin bots?

Is this a genuine question? Where above we have Caz confirming ownership of an Assassin Bot, and Jim confirming theft and use of same?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WAIT Just read
Well, since everyone else has, I'll join the club.

I am the Agent.

N1 I inspected Caz.  That was a waste.
N2 I inspect Persus.  He came back Human.
Toaster, I will want your reply to my query above IMMEDIATELY because I believe I have singled out a nigh-sure scummy target unless you have something else to say.

Because seriously, that whole 'Why did you kill x' always jives me along the lines of 'I don't have any real suspicions so I'll sling this sack of mud at someone else and look at their reply'. Meaning: I don't like your tactics. It's obvious.

You refer to this?

Because, according to his claim, he did not target you last night.

As was said before, not by me, it's now a process of elimination. The matter now is simply to formalize the order in which we eliminate and confirm the last threat to those of us that remain. I prefer to do that intellectually rather than mechanically, but either works in the end.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 20, 2013, 06:54:04 am »

Now to start from the ground up! Meaning, backwards in that single reply because its night and oh wow one reply! :O

As was said before, not by me, it's now a process of elimination. The matter now is simply to formalize the order in which we eliminate and confirm the last threat to those of us that remain. I prefer to do that intellectually rather than mechanically, but either works in the end.
How's about put the holistic prospect in the consideration zone? What if someone here fakeclaimed--it can't be Jim or Caz or they'd be buddy-buddies, but one's an alien and the other is a human so we have xeno-buddies. Anyway we can safely discard them as non-scum (or if scum, we can deal with em later). I do not know if the Mind Stealer, once copied a role, can copy again though.

Next: Relations on Imp and TDS. Why I acted as I acted on Imp? I believed her to be town given my abilities, and how she configured her -quite everything- in the days prior to now; the check on Toony kicking Imp right there would nail Toony as non-scum (99%) by the expenditure of ability to efficiency in alignment. That, and the last part of that sentence also speaks on how the confuddling scenario happened yesterday--there was genuine confusion.

Because, according to his claim, he did not target you last night.
Well, that's pretty much obvious given how a number of people (hint: It's most probably two) have followed the notion of me killing Ranger without asking at all. This could mean the amount of content generated by Toaster and ToonyMan today comes down to -role- actions and mostly nothing else!

..I mean, all votes on me are either null, or obvious pressure. Pretty much a wasted expenditure, and then you call me an 'advantageous prospect' by your words there?

I like how you conclude without giving space for reason. That's quite awesome of you! :D

Is this a genuine question? Where above we have Caz confirming ownership of an Assassin Bot, and Jim confirming theft and use of same?
...Didn't Caz say he had an assassin bot and Jim say something something Military Scientist?
*checks*
I have no idea how you're missing this, yet being mean to me.

But I got lost on the wording so there you go. Me questioning.

'Tis but a game, after all. However, trusted me out of all the others here. The implication is that you spoke privately, in confidence, with none other. Yet, above, you reference unknown conversation with SBC...

Or this, as well, which seems to imply more.
I spoke to you, Cado, Persus and Mephansteras. Oh, and Imp, but that was all non-Mafia talk and rather on how she's been doing (I'm real glad she's doing better  :'( )
The implication that Persus and Cado started their chat with me is better to put into the spotlight, and me speaking to you also makes a good idea to think about, no?

Well EXPOUND ON WHAT SIMILARITIES THERE IS THAT MAKE ME SCUM WHY DON'Y YOU
You're flailing a bit here.
Well it's better than a generality.
I mean I don't even know what play patterns exist there. Is it the RP'ing? My use of formatting for emphasis? My sentence structure to sometimes delve into passive voice? THe numerous times I capitalized the second letter after capitalizing the first?

Do you get my point now?

I find you quite the enjoyable sparring partner. I think that I find you hard to read, and I enjoy that. You make me exercise my brain.
Tiruin is actually a sentient glob of gelatin, who reacts to force by going with the flow.
Wobble wobble~

Apologies. Mid-20th century in origin American slang that has become more generalized in meaning.
...So you trusted me in PMs, then you decided that I'm being insincere instead...? What part of my words gave that off?

Perhaps you are bait, perhaps I genuinely suspect you. As I said elsewhere, I don't know what is "normal" for you, I only know what I saw when last we sparred. And I see strong similarities here to there. Does that mean we are on the same relative sides again? I don't know, but I assume it.
Which means?! What does that mean?? What am I doing?

And here we come up against the wall I faced in questioning based on mine own private knowledge. Of what does dear Tiruin refer to here, Superblackcat? She seems to opine that there is more to you than meets the eye. Are you indeed a better target than she is?
I have details on him dude, however I am awaiting his talk. He claims he's town, but withholds information from me in a polite (and somewhat cute) way...well, with subjective intervals on 'withhold'.

Also, I do believe that the general consensus is that there remains one final dopp, and the only so-far discovered alien is harmless, at worst, and proving quite helpful. The outside chance that Superblackcat is an alien is limited to him being a poor Survivor, as I found that he had No Role to speak of, and there is only one Alien that comes up as that to the Detective, n'est-ce pas?
Well unless Jim is an Exterminator or there's any sort of item that lets him do a faux-abduct, then yeah he's harmless. I believe there's one final dopp given the initial notice, unless there's a Rogue here.

Answered by confession, both from mind stealer and mind stolen. Jim took Caz' Assassin Bot and used it to kill RangerCado, of his own decision.
...Ah. Now it makes sense..Anyways, waiting on Toaster so I can detail all my everything on the missing case of Cado and the rest.

Au contraire, mon sœur, we have been eagerly awaiting your dulcet tones, to elucidate your view as to why it is that we are so wrong to suspect you.
...Well, given how the votes go, I'm pretty much staring at them with my mouth the tiniest bit agape at their...state of incredulity. Half of them aren't even serious.

On the lynch, SBC was one of my targets from yesterday--Me and Persus conferred last night and yea, my view on him flipped a radical 540 degrees. Meaning he ain't scummy to me in lieu of recent events anymore.

One, if nothing else happens this day, you have the lynch already. My proposal stemmed from laziness, i.e., letting sleeping votes lie, to butcher a metaphor.

Two, Town wins together, or loses together. Perhaps it's preferable from a certain standpoint to survive to the end of the game, even if Survival is not your wincon. I wouldn't know, I've never survived to the end, and where I learned to play, you only won if your side did and you were alive at the end.
I'm happy to die given our numbers, and sans any malevolent alien. UNLESS JIM IS A DOPP D:
    Jim Groovester - Used Military Scientist Stolen Mind [Mind Stealer] Alien
    Caz - Military Scientist [Assassin Bot - used]

Toaster - Agent
    Persus13 - Observant Guard
    ToonyMan - Psychic Warden
    makeinu - Claimed Detective
    RangerCado - Human Intelligence Scientist [I know what he used.]

Tiruin - Heroic Guard
    Superblackcat - Something something no role but there's something else

TheDarkStar - Doppelganger (Anti-Tech Field)
    Imp - Tough Doppelganger
Yellow green == alien//either town or not.
I like these odds. I can die happy and still harangue people without any chance of losing for Town, unless there really is a malevolent alien or there are >1 dopps left remaining, or both!

So, makeinu, SBC has some words to say with you regarding your action, sir. I fully believe its on your action and why you got no role. I am waiting for his response though.

Meph: Short of someone being abducted--can an assassin bot kill anyone with an anti-tech field? I would like someone to test their assassin bot on a special someone but won't say who until he posts.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 20, 2013, 07:00:13 am »

Waitwaitwait. makeinu: I find it curious how you found both the Mind Stealer and an Observant Guard at the same time. Given how the Guard works, shouldn't Persus be the one who'd get abducted and not Caz??

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 20, 2013, 08:00:32 am »

Waitwaitwait. makeinu: I find it curious how you found both the Mind Stealer and an Observant Guard at the same time. Given how the Guard works, shouldn't Persus be the one who'd get abducted and not Caz??
I told him my role after he told me he was an observant guard.

Makeinu, if you're going to claim that Tiruin is scum, back up your case. the fact you just keep saying "there are similarities" doesn't fly with me.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 20, 2013, 08:09:53 am »

I told him my role after he told me he was an observant guard.

Makeinu, if you're going to claim that Tiruin is scum, back up your case. the fact you just keep saying "there are similarities" doesn't fly with me.
O_o wat
..Um, so what I get is that you two talked since D2. And..he said he's an observant guard--I mean, you said the same to me and I believe you.

..So how did you guys know Jim? I mean the one I linked back there did check out his claim, however, its worded...strangely. Reword please, because I'm darn well confused.

Mephansteras: Can an abduction action bypass a player being Guarded?
Redact that.

Mind Control
    Pure Role-blockers
    Abductors
    Protectors
    Investigators
    Night Kills/Conversions (The War Vet (or equivalent) is sort of an exception, in that he'll kill anyone who targets them on THEIR turn, rather than his)
How in the world did you two even get together?!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 20, 2013, 09:12:40 am »

Jim:
Jim stays home?

But Mind Stealing is a roleblock + infallible role inspect + infallible alignment inspect + role eraser + wincon adoption. It's probably the most potent role in here right now.

You're right.  Consider me a supporter of the Makeinu Amendment.

Tiruin:

I didn't.

Well, it's obvious that you didn't at this point.  I didn't mention this publicly, but I did PM it to Makeinu (whom I believe is extremely town):  Ranger claimed to me late D2.  He said that if he died in the night to suspect you.  Since he did*, I decided to blindfire vote you and see what came up.  It's really irrelevant now.

*This is technically not true, since it was a morning kill.

In any case, as has been said, the case on you is elimination.  It sucks, but everyone else besides you and SBC has some form of corroboration toward their townhood.

Speaking of SBC:  Are you an alien survivor with a shield, whose shield ate last night's NK?  If you are, that's fine, you can still win with us; but you better claim it now.  If you don't and you come back alien, you'll probably be lynched tomorrow.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 20, 2013, 09:41:12 am »

Short reply.

Tiruin: you've mostly been defensive, deflective, reactive, this game. I will go back and read again, but there's very little on the offense (almost said offensive, but double meaning, grammar, too hard sentence right now :/) That's what gives me the not-Town feel.

Jim and I started talking because of my investigation of him.

Persus and I started talking before that because I reached out in trust; I had a good feeling.

Persus and Jim have not spoken directly that I'm aware.

Toaster, a thought occurred to me late last night. Have you been checked/cleared? I can't recall, but if I'm remembering right, the answer is no. Technically, that makes three in need, with SBC being half-cleared, sort of.

My role only gives me role on a target. That means SBC can be human, dopp, or Alien Survivor. Those are the three that return "no role" as public role.

More later...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 20, 2013, 09:46:04 am »

Makeinu:  You're correct that I haven't.  How about if we get to tomorrow with no leads, Jim mindsteals me?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 20, 2013, 10:14:32 am »

Jim:
Jim stays home?

But Mind Stealing is a roleblock + infallible role inspect + infallible alignment inspect + role eraser + wincon adoption. It's probably the most potent role in here right now.

You're right.  Consider me a supporter of the Makeinu Amendment.

Tiruin:

I didn't.

Well, it's obvious that you didn't at this point.  I didn't mention this publicly, but I did PM it to Makeinu (whom I believe is extremely town):  Ranger claimed to me late D2.  He said that if he died in the night to suspect you.  Since he did*, I decided to blindfire vote you and see what came up.  It's really irrelevant now.

*This is technically not true, since it was a morning kill.

In any case, as has been said, the case on you is elimination.  It sucks, but everyone else besides you and SBC has some form of corroboration toward their townhood.

Speaking of SBC:  Are you an alien survivor with a shield, whose shield ate last night's NK?  If you are, that's fine, you can still win with us; but you better claim it now.  If you don't and you come back alien, you'll probably be lynched tomorrow.
Ahh, yes. The plot thickens as the props behind the stage take the fore.

Let me illuminate you on this case: What Ranger tells you, he tells me--and more. He trusted me. I trusted him (I said that he'd be safe tonight, verbatim--I didn't think he'd be a target so I didn't protect him, and I believed he wouldn't be a target), and he trusted me. Even more than he trusted you (while it does seem like a duel from his PoV, it doesn't in mine; he sees you or me as scum, I do not. I believe you're town-ish, despite your...weak excuse for a vote placement. Excuse my English.)

Given how we can quote insider PM's with all else but Meph's Role/Mod PMs, I'm sure you're familiar of the Cado-speak? Answer me first: Why pull such a weak thrust at me there? Your sword is unsharpened, and given the mutual effect we share with Cado, I figure why your vote is still on me--the excuse of elimination is weak and paltry in the big picture; scum have lied about their role, and it ain't me.
So, and only you are getting told this, I had a backup plan. I told both of you who I was, and not to trust the other if I died tonight. Naturally, if one of you were our last Dopp, then the other was likely to heed my words. Currently, I trust you a lot more than Toaster, especially since he pretty much dropped it the second after I told him. My chances of hitting our last Dopp player were still pretty low either way, and I'm a gambling man when it comes to online games. (Never gonna play any game with my own money on the line) So I did have a small amount of Distrust still, but I trust you fully now and I really hope I'm not wrong on this. :)
Y'know, I like how it copy-pastes even emoticons. That's brilliant forum work.
Now the bolded part isn't in the original-I highlighted it for emphasis.
What did you drop there?

Roleclaim:
I am who I am. I protected Imp N1 - due to my personal outlook on her and her analytical acumen, my claim and my actions D2 were to inspire quite much anything, I didn't have a goal for my claim, as it had no value other than me being a literal martyr. I sorta played a gambit that Imp was town, hence my defense of her--Though, I suspect those who out me as scum because of that; sense being that if I'm scum, I don't blatantly defend my teammates on the noose when the case drops to that point (ie Previous suspicion raise on valid notion).

N2 - makeinu. We've a Detective (and I guess I'll spill what SBC said anyways). Gumshoes are usually important and given our chum-talk last night (quite the joker, silly man. :I) I surmised that he'd be a better target for scum. So I defended him [Me and Persus agreed to protect one or the other. Guard-talk in betwix the lines.]. Even before N2, I decided to protect makeinu because he claimed Detective and by his reasoning beforehand.

Funny how it turns out right now, eh? The votes? One vote being a placement, Toony's being a sillyvote, makeinu being a...weird unspecified and unexplained vote (I hate labels dude. Do not blame me for my assertive aggression on you.), and his come up on a deal of me or the other? It's too shallow--while I'd probably have valid room for complaint on the scumteam's performance, I'm sure the last one would've been smart enough to create a good smokescreen given the probability of PMs and such.

Scumlist:
:) ~
Jim/Caz (I hate you but since you're clear via accomplice... :I)
Persus - all three are in the higher echelon of innocence

ToonyMan - would tie with makeinu because of his acting..but damn me if empirical evidence states otherwise to the action before. The sacrifice of an ally in that one case? Very doubtful if he's scum. Comparing it to myself..bleh, not worth it.
Toaster - While I've been in correspondence with Ranger, we discussed you in thoroughness. He, unlike what makeinu claims, sees a lot of townpoints in me--the reasons for him not trusting you, he said would be withheld until morning (see up), but then chose to PM me a bit before day start just to be sure.

makeinu - Personally, I feel betrayed, but that's not important--what is important is how he's..bargaining an either/or and presenting the course of elimination. It's a simple reason, and surely that what anyone could've done, however I present another counter reason: Look between the lines. How in the world is that going to work if a spanner is introduced in the works? Sure, we've at best-1 dopp, precluding any malevolent alien-but that does not mean we can denounce and discard people like random.
Superblackcat: Until he speaks, lies in this area, vaguely between makeinu and the rest. Prior actions speak--what redeems him is his questioning nature, though that is also nebulous in my eye, but seemingly points towards a good end on my thoughts...somehow.
~ :(

I want a clean game as anyone else, and now knowing that the assassin bot is used (really, Caz. You used it on RangerCado without even letting him speak?!). Very smart move.
EXPOUND ON WHY YOU DID SO EVEN THOUGH EVIDENCE MOSTLY POINTS TO YOU AS INNOCENT!

PS: Toaster: Confirm for me. RangerCado has the Surveillance System, aye?

PPE: makeinu..Wow, that's such an abject accusation, that I'm really insulted. Go burn, makeinu. Explain how you got TWO people in cahoots given your PM claims. Explain how you're seeing 'similarities' with my BM play and my -here- play.

I hate metaknowledge, and I will act like a vengeful peasant who has been driven off her land, her family held against her, placated only by the thought of her being labeled as...stuff. Like a witch, that she's out 'for the better good'. In short, I hate labels. I hate being 'known' because of past deeds, hence why I make my playstyle amorphous--always varying, shifting, and non-conventional. Unorthodox, probably.

If I've been "mostly defensive, deflective" and even "reactive", then hit me buddy. I trusted you. Do you think that thing of being snowed out goes only one way? Hell no.

Is my lack of assertion a scumtell for you? Aww..guess we're not all choleric temperaments here, are we? Some of us are Phlegmatic//Melancholic. Some of us prefer the scientific method to solve scumminess. Some of us have been too entrenched in a Philosopher's viewpoint to try the direct method.

I question before attack. I tend to ensure my targets are valid, in the least. WHile my intuition plays a role here--I often override it in lieu of where my analysis goes. You see me as defensive/deflective and reactive? Why not hit me there in the BM Sprint as I did say: I need criticism. Here I go and get bitten on metaknowledge because I'm acting the same?

Oh, and go call that an OMGUS--My reasons are basically on how your actions come and go. It's becoming more flippant than not, and your wording adds to the seriousness of the case.

Jim and I started talking because of my investigation of him.

Persus and I started talking before that because I reached out in trust; I had a good feeling.

Persus and Jim have not spoken directly that I'm aware.
In which you lied to Persus?!
Mmm, nice trust. I begin to doubt how much you've told me either, however its mostly been good banter, now that I see.

Guess what, I was the one to initiate conversation with you--not the other way around. Guess that implies much on how you trust me in-game, huh.
You said
Because I didn't feel that I could trust you. I'm still not sure, but there's nothing to hide now, is there?
behind the lines about why you didn't PM me. Good reason, but I've to sate my curiosity. What was there to hide? Why lie at this time, when there is only one scum left? If you think I'm scum--given that the evidence was placed at the end of D2, then what did you have to tell me other than 'I'm telling Jim that I'll be targeting SBC tonight'.

Wait, that's what you did. Leave me in the dark with all this then? So be it.

As for SBC: He claimed that he had a shield assigned to him as a passive--and gained another one..something like that (while the logs are forwarded to Meph, I..don't have them at the moment and will ask Meph for it..if that's even possible. I'm new to this PM nonsense). Firstly, he said what he said could be fraught with lies.

> From what I could glean--he said he has both an Anti-Tech//Mind shield. He explained that makeinu isn't...'what he seems to be', paraphrased and that makeinu hit a shield which is why you got a No Role thing.
> He tells me he is town. I'm more inclined to believe that given the abrupt change @D2 end. However, he was...reluctant or probably withdrawn when pressed on the matters of his role. He says he's town, but can't tell me his role. I went in detail on communicating the prospect of me being dopp/town and the reasons on why it won't darn matter to me if he tells me either way (He told me after Day start btw, when I couldn't connect to Bay12) Still, it lies in the murk, and all my memory retains are these notes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 20, 2013, 10:27:59 am »

Tiruin:
Given how we can quote insider PM's with all else but Meph's Role/Mod PMs, I'm sure you're familiar of the Cado-speak? Answer me first: Why pull such a weak thrust at me there? Your sword is unsharpened, and given the mutual effect we share with Cado, I figure why your vote is still on me--the excuse of elimination is weak and paltry in the big picture; scum have lied about their role, and it ain't me.
So, and only you are getting told this, I had a backup plan. I told both of you who I was, and not to trust the other if I died tonight. Naturally, if one of you were our last Dopp, then the other was likely to heed my words. Currently, I trust you a lot more than Toaster, especially since he pretty much dropped it the second after I told him. My chances of hitting our last Dopp player were still pretty low either way, and I'm a gambling man when it comes to online games. (Never gonna play any game with my own money on the line) So I did have a small amount of Distrust still, but I trust you fully now and I really hope I'm not wrong on this. :)
Y'know, I like how it copy-pastes even emoticons. That's brilliant forum work.
Now the bolded part isn't in the original-I highlighted it for emphasis.
What did you drop there?

From Ranger:
I'm taking a risk and I know it, but I'm hoping I can trust you where I haven't before. I'm a Mad scientist with surveillance equipment. No one visited me last night. And if I die tonight, suspect Tiruin.

I said back "Information received" and nothing else.  I didn't trust him enough to claim anything back, so I let him know I had gotten his message and left it at that.

I want a clean game as anyone else, and now knowing that the assassin bot is used (really, Caz. You used it on RangerCado without even letting him speak?!). Very smart move.
EXPOUND ON WHY YOU DID SO EVEN THOUGH EVIDENCE MOSTLY POINTS TO YOU AS INNOCENT!

PS: Toaster: Confirm for me. RangerCado has the Surveillance System, aye?

The second is answered above (yes.)  The first shows you aren't paying attention- Caz didn't bot Ranger.  Jim did (you know, the guy he spend half of D2 going after hard?)

> From what I could glean--he said he has both an Anti-Tech//Mind shield. He explained that makeinu isn't...'what he seems to be', paraphrased and that makeinu hit a shield which is why you got a No Role thing.
> He tells me he is town. I'm more inclined to believe that given the abrupt change @D2 end. However, he was...reluctant or probably withdrawn when pressed on the matters of his role. He says he's town, but can't tell me his role. I went in detail on communicating the prospect of me being dopp/town and the reasons on why it won't darn matter to me if he tells me either way (He told me after Day start btw, when I couldn't connect to Bay12) Still, it lies in the murk, and all my memory retains are these notes.

This is interesting.  I'd love to hear more detail from both of you, actually, no.  I want to hear it straight from SBC first.

Superblackcat:  How about you try again with that roleclaim?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 55