Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 142929 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 2
« Reply #345 on: December 13, 2013, 07:54:00 am »

Persus:  I did answer those:

(RQing everyone)
-Goodnote-

(Kook claiming)
-importantpost-

Heck, Imp even acknowledged my answering of these.  Why are you trying to be Imp's little helper monkey?
Because I was wondering if I should vote her.[...]
...You're wondering in public?
Well, more accurately where I placed my vote depended on how my question was answered.

Hello SBC, have you been reading the game?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 13, 2013, 10:41:51 am »

First, sorry I didn't post more yesterday, forgot about Mafia :(

Suspect me all you want Jim. I'm playing with no regard to how I look and more towards trying to find scum... Until now it seems since I have to get through another part of your post because that right there sir,
Quote from: Jim
Hell, Sinlessmoon is literally the safest vote in the game right now, why FoS him at all?
is a trap. Why would I add a vote to someone who I can't get any information out of currently with a vote from you already on him to try and get him out of hiding? And now makeinu? An easier way to get his attention would be to PM as well as vote him since we can in this game. So good luck oh misguided one as you once again insult me, as you do every game we've been in, to your hearts content. And some questions for you:

-Who do you suspect of being scum? Besides me and mister lurky since you appear to be trying to make me crack.

-Do you really believe I will crack so easily?

Hello SBC! A couple questions:

-How well do you believe Max did previously?

-Do you think he has left you in a good position, or a bad one?

Makeinu:
Are you going to scum hunt more, or just leave your vote on Sinless on the chance that he returns?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 13, 2013, 10:44:56 am »

Makeinu:
Are you going to scum hunt more, or just leave your vote on Sinless on the chance that he returns?

My vote stays where it is until I have a better target for it.

would be to PM as well as vote him since we can in this game.

Now you get to see how I scum hunt.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 13, 2013, 11:31:37 am »

Hello, No I have not read the game, Yes tonight will be fun, reading ~24 pages. I'll post again in about 10 hours after school. (And answer questions).

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 13, 2013, 12:03:35 pm »

Reading back over TheDarkStar, I don't think he gave away any of his buddies.  That said, for the lazy baseless vote he threw down here, Makeinu now has a strong non-dopp read to me.

Persus:
Imp: What questions hasn't Toaster answered?

Why do you need my permission?  You could have found that yourself.  Why are you getting me mixed up in this?

Jim:  Fair enough on Ranger.

How come you're not giving him crap since he's been in flagrant violation of Toaster's #1 Scumtell for a pretty damn long time now?

One, I don't really put that much faith in that any more- I think I got lucky on its first application.  Two, there's a line between active lurking and simple non-participation, and he's crossed into the latter.  If he comes back, answers a couple questions, then leaves without adding any real content, then we'll see.  As of now, there's really no merit to one more person going after someone who is simply absent.

Getting this out for a start.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 13, 2013, 04:07:22 pm »

RangerCado on Today at 10:41:51 am

Suspect me all you want Jim. I'm playing with no regard to how I look and more towards trying to find scum... Until now it seems since I have to get through another part of your post because that right there sir,

Quote from: Jim

Hell, Sinlessmoon is literally the safest vote in the game right now, why FoS him at all?
    is a trap. Why would I add a vote to someone who I can't get any information out of currently with a vote from you already on him to try and get him out of hiding? And now makeinu? An easier way to get his attention would be to PM as well as vote him since we can in this game. So good luck oh misguided one as you once again insult me, as you do every game we've been in, to your hearts content. And some questions for you:

But, RangerCado, how can I trap you into voting somebody you suspect?

You also dodged all of my questions. In particular, why didn't you vote any of the people you said you suspected.

Quote from: RangerCado on Today at 10:41:51 am

-Who do you suspect of being scum? Besides me and mister lurky since you appear to be trying to make me crack.

My suspect list is the same as when I answered this question from Persus13 a few days ago.

Quote from: RangerCado on Today at 10:41:51 am

-Do you really believe I will crack so easily?

Yeah.

Mephansteras, what's the prod/replacement status on our friendly neighborhood lurker Sinlessmoon?

Damn it...sorry about that. I need to be really careful with this new Modify button. I was trying to quote you - Mephansteras
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 04:19:26 pm by Mephansteras »
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 13, 2013, 04:20:04 pm »

Mephansteras, what's the prod/replacement status on our friendly neighborhood lurker Sinlessmoon?

He has been messaged, so hopefully he'll show up and post today.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 13, 2013, 04:32:44 pm »

Is there a point at which you'll forcibly replace somebody for inactivity, and has Sinlessmoon reached it yet?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 13, 2013, 04:36:00 pm »

Is there a point at which you'll forcibly replace somebody for inactivity, and has Sinlessmoon reached it yet?

Yes, there is a point where I'll forcibly replace someone. No, he's not there quite yet. But if we reach Monday and he hasn't posted yet I'll have to replace him.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 13, 2013, 04:40:32 pm »

Persus:
Imp: What questions hasn't Toaster answered?

Why do you need my permission?  You could have found that yourself.  Why are you getting me mixed up in this?
I was trying to find questions of Imp's that you hadn't answered and failed except for those I posted which I had a vague memory of you answering, but wasn't sure. How am I asking permission?

And I got you mixed up in this because I thought Imp was scum-hunting you strangely.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 13, 2013, 06:30:10 pm »

I'm up to page 12, and I don't like his D1 so far. I'll get back to you once I get to page 24.

I'll get back to you once I get to page 24.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 1 - Trouble at Sea
« Reply #356 on: December 13, 2013, 06:32:15 pm »

How do you decide between a scummy player that is town and a scummy player that is real scum? Do they have different tells to you?

I am still working on that one, but I've had some early possible successes (one can also be right because of luck, and can misattribute 'a reason' for something going right when that 'reason' had absolutely no connection - that's how one becomes superstitious about something).

In my first game, BM42, I managed with a huge amount of work and interaction to figure out that Superblackcat, though super Scummy, was almost certainly Town (later proven that he was Town).  How I did so wasn't 'tells' per say, it wasn't 'oh, he said this, this, and that - thus he is Town not Scum'.

More what I did was pretend to be him.  I made the assumption that -everything- he said was true, then I pretended that I made every single one of his posts, and tried to figure out why I made them.  Why I reacted to what I reacted to, why I said what I said, what I meant when I said what I said, why I didn't react to what I didn't show a reaction to.

I made a 'model' of that player in my head, reconstructed from his actions in game, then I questioned 'it' and as Superblackcat continued to post, I compared it against his new posts.  Making it wasn't easy - it was possible to do because Superblackcat had posted rather frequently and had interacted with me extensively while I was paying a lot of attention to him.  That model let me see Cat as yes, super Scummy, but as Town-Scummy not Scum-Scummy - and suggested several differences in how he would act if he really were Scum and helped me believe that he probably could not behave as he was if he actually was Scum - that had to do with how he handled pressure and what he responded to and didn't react to.

But nothing so simple I could boil down into a list of 'tells', no.  I believe any such list would have to be made anew for each player, and would have to change as that player changed.

Imp, you scare me.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 13, 2013, 07:21:32 pm »

I'm up to page 12, and I don't like his D1 so far. I'll get back to you once I get to page 24.

I'll get back to you once I get to page 24.

Alright page 24:

Q1:

I don't like how he did D1 at all. He had very interesting... FOSes, and continued to not support it well... Or forget about it, then promptly goes inactive. I guess that's why I am here though :P.

Q2

I think he left me in a neutral position. I don't think anyone here thinks too strongly about him in either way, so I guess it's bad, considering I would consider what he does as active lurking, and grabbing at meaningless strings.

Hopefully I'll prove to do a much better job ;P.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 13, 2013, 07:22:45 pm »

SBC: So who's your scum list at the moment?
Sigtext

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 13, 2013, 07:29:41 pm »

I really don't know, I haven't interacted with you guys, and.... Reading isn't that helpful, Ask that in another page or 2 please.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 55