Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 142789 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 1 - Trouble at Sea
« Reply #270 on: December 08, 2013, 08:10:30 pm »

Townie = specific role, town = town-aligned. War vet, Vigilante, Detective, etc. are all town roles.

Ah. Semantics, just not in the way I was thinking.

Yep, my words actually mean something.

As do mine. The distinction between Town, the alignment, and Townie, the role, is in the end irrelevant. Townies don't win or lose, Town does. So making a distinction between the two is a pointless semantics argument.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 08, 2013, 08:39:35 pm »

Townie = specific role, town = town-aligned. War vet, Vigilante, Detective, etc. are all town roles.

Ah. Semantics, just not in the way I was thinking.

Yep, my words actually mean something.

As do mine. The distinction between Town, the alignment, and Townie, the role, is in the end irrelevant. Townies don't win or lose, Town does. So making a distinction between the two is a pointless semantics argument.

Not really, since I see you haven't claimed that you are a townie, just town-aligned.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 08, 2013, 08:48:13 pm »

Not really, since I see you haven't claimed that you are a townie, just town-aligned.

I'm really not getting into this with you. Seriously.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 1 - [1 REPLACE NEEDED]
« Reply #273 on: December 08, 2013, 09:12:18 pm »

HEY THEDARKSTAR

DO YOU HAVE MYOPIA OR SOMETHING

IS THAT WHY YOU CANT SEE ANY OF MY POSTS

HERE LET ME HELP YOU BY WRITING IN ALL CAPS

NOW ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION

TheDarkStar, besides makeinu, who do you suspect?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 08, 2013, 09:33:22 pm »

HEY THEDARKSTAR

DO YOU HAVE MYOPIA OR SOMETHING

TheDarkStar, besides makeinu, who do you suspect?

Obviously, you didn't read.

Toaster.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 08, 2013, 09:57:17 pm »

Oh, good. You don't have myopia. You're just inattentive.

Anybody suspects besides those two?

And to clarify, your case on makeinu is because he has repeatedly claimed town, and your case on Toaster is that he is defending makeinu. Of course, you have opted to not respond to Toaster when he asked you to clarify how you are defending makeinu.

Clearly such things should be obvious from context alone, presumably.

Maybe you should consider being more responsive when you play this game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 08, 2013, 10:13:53 pm »

Oh, good. You don't have myopia. You're just inattentive.

Anybody suspects besides those two?

And to clarify, your case on makeinu is because he has repeatedly claimed town, and your case on Toaster is that he is defending makeinu. Of course, you have opted to not respond to Toaster when he asked you to clarify how you are defending makeinu.

Clearly such things should be obvious from context alone, presumably.

Maybe you should consider being more responsive when you play this game.

I missed the first day of play, so of course I will be about a day behind in investigations. Why aren't you looking at Persus13, who hasn't voted for anyone?

Part of the reason I suspect Toaster is from earlier discussion (see the first thing on my wall of text [urlhttp://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133676.msg4818927#msg4818927][/url]). Also, it doesn't make me trust a guy if he defends someone I already suspect.

Finally, note that it is not even night 1, so no one has very much true evidence yet. I can only do so much because the only information we have is based on what people say (which may or may not be true). While you can find out a a little bit, just about everyone is equally suspect here (since almost everyone is being voted for).

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 08, 2013, 10:21:05 pm »

I missed the first day of play, so of course I will be about a day behind in investigations. Why aren't you looking at Persus13, who hasn't voted for anyone?
First of, deflection, secondly, I've voted Max and Sinlessmoon.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 08, 2013, 10:30:10 pm »

First of, deflection, secondly, I've voted Max and Sinlessmoon.

Sorry, I missed your last vote change.

Do note that most of the current votes are for Sinlessmoon, who is not responding very much. This is not much better than no vote.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 08, 2013, 10:31:06 pm »

TheDarkStar:
TheDarkStar:
I'd consider is reason to lynch if he came up as a townie based on the fact that, while he claims town, he carefully does not claim townie.

What does the first half of this sentence mean?  (Prior to the comma)

Hard to quote inline answers

How, exactly, am I defending Makeinu?

While you can find out a a little bit, just about everyone is equally suspect here (since almost everyone is being voted for).

How are the two bolded assertions related?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 08, 2013, 10:34:35 pm »

TheDarkStar:
TheDarkStar:
I'd consider is reason to lynch if he came up as a townie based on the fact that, while he claims town, he carefully does not claim townie.

What does the first half of this sentence mean?  (Prior to the comma)

While you can find out a a little bit, just about everyone is equally suspect here (since almost everyone is being voted for).

How are the two bolded assertions related?

I did not make myself clear. (Almost) everyone is equally suspected because everyone is suspected by one or two people. The votes (and the posts) are evidence supporting the statement that everyone is suspected roughly equally.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 08, 2013, 11:11:39 pm »

Why aren't you looking at Persus13, who hasn't voted for anyone?

Why do you care whether I look at Persus13?

This is also demonstrably untrue.

Finally, note that it is not even night 1, so no one has very much true evidence yet. I can only do so much because the only information we have is based on what people say (which may or may not be true). While you can find out a a little bit, just about everyone is equally suspect here (since almost everyone is being voted for).

This is not a productive attitude to hold.

You would be better off making the effort to find material on Day 1 regardless of your opinion on whether useful information can be found.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 08, 2013, 11:15:19 pm »

TheDarkStar: Have you played Mafia before?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 08, 2013, 11:35:33 pm »

TheDarkStar:

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 08, 2013, 11:53:18 pm »

lololol myopia lololololol
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 55