Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 143005 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 1 - Trouble at Sea
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2013, 05:31:18 pm »

Sorry Meph can't be a replace anymore busy for a while.  :(
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2013, 05:46:38 pm »

Back from school and can deal with stuff.

Persus13: Who would you prefer to have as a player you could trust of those playing as Town?
I'd say Tiruin (because I wouldn't have to worry about whether or not she's scum).

Persus13:  Pretend you are Town and have a day inspect, and you need to use it right now (immediately after you read this question) or it will be lost.  Who do you pick to inspect and why did you pick that person, or do you pick to lose your inspect and why?
I'd inspect makeinu. I'm not sure what he is and I'd like to know. What type of inspect?

New People, let's say you are scum and your scum buddy is being scummy. And not just a little scummy, like, really, really scummy. What do you do?
Ignore it and continue doing my own thing.

Persus13: How are you feeling about the game? Have you played Paranormal before?
Fairly confident that I'll do well. Especially after D1 which isn't my strong suit. And no, Supernatural 6 was my first non-BM game.

Persus
And I just got up and the thread is 4 pages longer. Uh-oh.

Max: Why are you tunneling someone D1 for something that isn't really suspicious again?

I'll answer more questions later.
How is he tunneling and how is that something not that really suspicious?
Him talking to Makeinu seemed very similar to him talking to NQT last Supernatural. I say tunneling because Max hasn't really talked to anyone else besides when RangerCado got involved. At the moment, everyone is a nulltell to me at the moment. I answer the not suspicious thing in my post to Max.

Unrelated Question:
Can you link to Think028's Lurkertracker for this? I don't know how to find it?

How important are asking questions for your Scumhunting style?

High on the list, since you ask.
only two of them appear to have any possible scumhunting value

You read too much into questions. Have you never heard of a "rhetorical question"?
Irony

For instance. Assume, for the moment, I survive until tomorrow. Further assume that overnight, I come up with strong evidence of another player's scum role. Having now made baseless accusations, I can compare and contrast the reaction to that against a factual accusation.
You have one person voting you. Why do you assume you are the one who is going to hang today?

Playing mafia on a different forum only requires knowledge of the forum-specific rules. The game itself plays the same.
This isn't quite true. Different forums also have different cultures, different scum-tells and different ways of scum hunting. Have you looked at the Mafia Theory thread and was there anything like that on your forum?

Max: Why are you tunneling someone D1 for something that isn't really suspicious again?
What makes you think I am tunneling?
But more so, seems other people are very invested in makeinu, but you are casually slipping in that he "isn't really suspicious", without the trouble of addressing any of those people. So tell me, what do you make of the current case against him?
Its just that when I was reading the section where you and makeinu where talking seemed a lot like your D1 argument with NQT last game (where you were scum). It seemed suspicious at the time and I wanted a response by the time I got back from school (which I left for about 10 seconds after I posted). I think makeinu seems pretty eager to talk, something I don't find to be a bad thing, especially since he(?) claimed to think the game was shorter. I also think the problem is that makeinu came from a different mafia forum with a different culture. He seems slightly suspicious, but not much.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2013, 05:53:29 pm »

Yea I was talking to him a lot, because we were both online and both somewhat active players apparently. That is just what happens.

So now that you have replied to Tiruin...

Interesting that you kind of jumped in for me here.
Is building the case against Makeinu and knocking down anybody that says otherwise more important than letting people answer for themselves? Somebody felt the need to vote for me, and you would prefer to go after them than see how I react?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2013, 05:55:16 pm »

Unrelated Question:

PFP.

Direct link to tracker:  http://think0028.com/lurkertracker.html
Direct link to tracker set up to track this game, based on who most recently posted:  http://think0028.com/lurkertracker.py?sort=post&postStart=0&url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133676.msg4806797

Note that it does not show anyone who hasn't posted since the game started (currently this is only TheDarkStar)

For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2013, 05:58:51 pm »

Thanks Imp.

Yea I was talking to him a lot, because we were both online and both somewhat active players apparently. That is just what happens.

So now that you have replied to Tiruin...

Is building the case against Makeinu and knocking down anybody that says otherwise more important than letting people answer for themselves? Somebody felt the need to vote for me, and you would prefer to go after them than see how I react?
Hmmm, interesting.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2013, 06:48:40 pm »

PFP

Max

I have no idea if this is directed to me despite the statement (not in quote) above my quote so...

How am I knocking down anyone when the whole thing there is in an interrogative question? I'm curious about Persus, and you somehow take that as me defending you?
Why do you think I'm defending you?

Also according to Persus, I'm curious. Why're you talking to what seems to be only a few people today?

Persus

Persus
And I just got up and the thread is 4 pages longer. Uh-oh.

I'll answer more questions later.
Him talking to Makeinu seemed very similar to him talking to NQT last Supernatural. I say tunneling because Max hasn't really talked to anyone else besides when RangerCado got involved. At the moment, everyone is a nulltell to me at the moment. I answer the not suspicious thing in my post to Max.

Unrelated Question:
...Which means how talking to NQT? Define in qualitative details.
..And tunneling is a term used to describe very narrow vision for an extended amount of time. This is only the first day. However that is an intersteting pint.

THIS IS THINK'S LURKERTRACKER.
To make a direct link to the Lurker Tracker for a specific game, just do

http://think0028.com/lurkertracker.py?url=(yourthreadsurl)
Where the parenthesis dictates what the FIRST PAGE OF THE NEEDED THREAD SHOULD BE. THE PAGE URL WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE THREAD NAME FROM THE BOARD.
:D

*looks back*

Aww Imp got it.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2013, 06:55:19 pm »

I added the lurker tracker link to the OP.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2013, 06:58:51 pm »

How am I knocking down anyone when the whole thing there is in an interrogative question? I'm curious about Persus, and you somehow take that as me defending you?
Why do you think I'm defending you?

Also according to Persus, I'm curious. Why're you talking to what seems to be only a few people today?
You were very quick to jump in on a question directed at me. Persus wanted to know why I was tunneling, essentially accusing me of the act, and rather than letting me speak for myself you interjected on that. That is a form of defending another player. Further more you didn't actually answer my question. Why did you choose to cut in rather than wait for me to talk for myself? Is my response not also interesting to you? Why not wait and see what I had to say? You can be interested in Persus' false accusations, but that doesn't justify not caring about how others might react.

Also, I'm talking to who ever has said something that sparks some interest. Right now that includes you, and a few others.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2013, 07:12:55 pm »

...?

I asked Persus that because I wanted to see how he saw you. Anything wrong with redirecting the question back at him? When you say 'very quick', I do believe you mean 'You saw this and made a question out of it' or whatever?

I like how you see it as me defending you though, I mean, its like I spoke in your behalf
Persus wanted to know why I was tunneling, essentially accusing me of the act, and rather than letting me speak for myself you interjected on that
other than what I actually did. Do you see any of my statements defending you?
You can be interested in Persus' false accusations, but that doesn't justify not caring about how others might react.
Do you not see me as caring about your answer? Did my query, in anyway, intervene in that process of question and answer?

Also, I'm talking to who ever has said something that sparks some interest. Right now that includes you, and a few others.
...I don't get where this leads. It's not like we'll be spouting words for the sake of increasing post count.  ::)
Doesn't everyone spark interest? Don't you have several initial questions for everyone else?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2013, 07:31:56 pm »

...?

I asked Persus that because I wanted to see how he saw you. Anything wrong with redirecting the question back at him? When you say 'very quick', I do believe you mean 'You saw this and made a question out of it' or whatever?

I like how you see it as me defending you though, I mean, its like I spoke in your behalf
Persus wanted to know why I was tunneling, essentially accusing me of the act, and rather than letting me speak for myself you interjected on that
other than what I actually did. Do you see any of my statements defending you?
You can be interested in Persus' false accusations, but that doesn't justify not caring about how others might react.
Do you not see me as caring about your answer? Did my query, in anyway, intervene in that process of question and answer?
Because it kind of is like you spoke on my behalf, and I'm not a fan.
Persus asked me a question that was laced with accusation, so you asked him a question that had the potential to negate his accusations before I could even reply. That has the potential to intervene in that process of question and answer. I see this statement:
How is he [Max White] tunneling and how is that something not that really suspicious?
as at attempt at defending me, or rather more accurately defending what one might consider to be a case on Makeinu (If you, like Persus thought I was actually after Makeinu). The first person that actually says he doesn't think Makeinu is suspicious and suddenly questioning them is more important than just waiting for me to answer for myself. Sure you could have sat and watched to see what I said and then questioned Persus, but you apparently didn't think it was that important to see what I had to say.
So tell me Tiruin, what do you think of Makeinu?

...I don't get where this leads. It's not like we'll be spouting words for the sake of increasing post count.  ::)
Doesn't everyone spark interest? Don't you have several initial questions for everyone else?
Not even single sentence is going to be the thing to see scum lynched. You need to pick your battles. I'm interested in everybody, but rather than lashing out at every single post it is better to focus on things you think might go somewhere.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2013, 07:41:14 pm »

makeinu: You said if no one reacted, you would do nothing. That implies that you believed that if no reaction was produced then the information was useless. And as stated below, the game will not be played the same because of the different preset cultures and play styles. The styles evolved around the forum and so will be that much different as you've likely seen so far. For example, the massive use of acronyms. Do you believe you will get better at understanding the general playstyles here, or will you continue to play as you have elsewhere? Also, do you have a current suspect or someone your trying to pursue?

Jim:
Yeah yeah, your cranky and hate getting pestered, but you haven't dished at many questions from what i've seen so far, and have been playing a reactive game. Any reason why? I can understand if your busy but i'd like some indication of actually scum hunting.

Persus13:
Is there a reason you would want Tiruin as a player? All you've said is because of the way I worded the question, you wouldn't need to worry about alignment. Why would you want her as someone you could trust through the game?

Max:
Take this as defending if you wish, but Tiruin does things like that all the time. I've done it myself once or twice and it can work out to get a reaction. I'm going to meta here, but do you think that doing what she did has no merit for her scum hunting, and if so why? If its just because it could seem like defending, then thats fine, but often people have more than one reason with these things.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2013, 07:43:57 pm »

Persus asked me a question that was laced with accusation, so you asked him a question that had the potential to negate his accusations before I could even reply.
wat.
How is it even negating quite anything when you can ask anything in response to his question.
How is he [Max] tunneling and how is that something not that really suspicious?
This is my statement. How does that even stop anything from happening at all?

Sure you could have sat and watched to see what I said and then questioned Persus, but you apparently didn't think it was that important to see what I had to say.
Apparently, you think I disregard your answer to him but you still see my query to him as some sort of 'defense' to you, huh. Like I don't want him attacking you, oh goodness, why must someone attack my dear Max? D:
...I really don't get what you're doing here.

From my brief reads of him and his quick-shot posts, I believe he's a newbie. More leaning town than scum given his..erratic thoughts, and the only scummy thing registering in my mind is him constantly pushing 'I'm town I'm not a dopp I'm town'.

Not even single sentence is going to be the thing to see scum lynched. You need to pick your battles. I'm interested in everybody, but rather than lashing out at every single post it is better to focus on things you think might go somewhere.
...And people are somewhat lashing at every single post? It's pretty obvious not eve[ry] single sentence equals a scum lynch, but the essence of them is what I'm talking about.

And yes I'm picking my battles. Somehow you decided to battle with me as I'm battling my battles. So bring it on.

PPE: I didn't read that because PFP

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2013, 07:51:19 pm »

Max: [/b]Take this as defending if you wish, but Tiruin does things like that all the time. I've done it myself once or twice and it can work out to get a reaction. I'm going to meta here, but do you think that doing what she did has no merit for her scum hunting, and if so why? If its just because it could seem like defending, then thats fine, but often people have more than one reason with these things.

There might be merit, Tiruin might be scum, or might be town or something else. I don't see what is wrong with a little pressure though.

Quotes slowly getting longer
If Persus had answered you and said "Oh look, turns out I was wrong and Max isn't actually tunneling like I thought! How silly of me!", that pretty well negates the question all together, does it not?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2013, 08:13:07 pm »

Quotes slowly getting longer
If Persus had answered you and said "Oh look, turns out I was wrong and Max isn't actually tunneling like I thought! How silly of me!", that pretty well negates the question all together, does it not?
Oh. Hm. It pretty well does, yes! Shocking.
But yet it continues the process of communication, does it not? That's another whole story if he answered it as such, isn't that true?
I mean, what? You get all worked up about answering that specific detail, and then accuse me of 'defending' you--and I point out the wrong use of terminology in that case. You then vote me, in reference to what? A sentence with makeinu in it, then you don't respond to what I said about it.

I've to ask if you are concerned about who you're battling with.

Next: To elaborate
Persus asked me a question that was laced with accusation, so you asked him a question that had the potential to negate his accusations before I could even reply. That has the potential to intervene in that process of question and answer. I see this statement:
How is he [Max White] tunneling and how is that something not that really suspicious?
as at attempt at defending me, or rather more accurately defending what one might consider to be a case on Makeinu (If you, like Persus thought I was actually after Makeinu). The first person that actually says he doesn't think Makeinu is suspicious and suddenly questioning them is more important than just waiting for me to answer for myself. Sure you could have sat and watched to see what I said and then questioned Persus, but you apparently didn't think it was that important to see what I had to say.
What I asked Persus has no relevance to makeinu..on which I've to read up later given how you're connecting it somehow, but I'm curious.
Why use the term 'defending' when you do know its context and its use? I mean you can obviously continue questioning and give suspicion in either case to both the one who asked, and the one who 'responded to intervene' in your viewpoint.

On that note, I am amused how you target my query, and not target Persus' answer to my query at all despite its relevance.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2013, 08:22:19 pm »

Does it continue communication? How so? How does the conversation go on after that?

And yes, I'm questioning people who I think are turning out a little suspicious, yourself among them. Do you have a problem with that? I'll target who ever I like.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 55