Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 142546 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Sign-ups! [3/16]
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 04:17:49 pm »

Yea, I'm In... Hoping to roll spore spreader and then win long after my own death.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 04:21:49 pm »

Never played a forum mafia game...

IN.

As has been suggested, you may find a Beginner's Mafia a better place to start off. Paranormal, while not as difficult as some other set-ups, still has a huge number of possible roles and potential interactions that can influence the course of the game.

That said, I've had players start off with Paranormals before and been fine. My only real requirement is that you be willing to commit to the game. That means active participation in the Day phase discussion and a willingness to stick with the game even if it goes on for a month or two. Having players become inactive or drop out part-way through causes a lot of problems and can ruin the fun. If you're comfortable with that level of commitment, and want to play anyway, you're welcome to join up.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Sign-ups! [4/16]
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2013, 04:28:36 pm »

I'm willing to play IN another Meph game.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 05:22:19 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Sign-ups! [1/16]
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2013, 05:18:44 pm »

How do you make 76 posts a day?  :o
By playing in two really active RP's in Forum games, a few other minor games around, and having only joined in march... I may also be trying to beat GreatGoldWyrm's posting record of over 40000 posts.
...I'd only be saying something bad about that 'posting record', but that's me and my preference in what is being posted I guess.
Seriously. Don't try.

Damn it, I can't pass up Paranormal.
Y'know the bolded portion equals a 'what' in my language here xD

Intuition tells me that I should in here, but I'm unsure given how I post. Am I understandable in general? I'd really like to 'in' here, but...recent events tell me that I'd rather not given my way of...speaking.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2013, 05:22:30 pm »

Intuition tells me that I should in here, but I'm unsure given how I post. Am I understandable in general? I'd really like to 'in' here, but...recent events tell me that I'd rather not given my way of...speaking.
You're fine. 

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Sign-ups! [5/16]
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2013, 05:28:59 pm »

..Really? How fine? Coarse or smooth? Because prior evidence tells me otherwise :S

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2013, 05:40:35 pm »

IN.

As has been suggested, you may find a Beginner's Mafia a better place to start off. Paranormal, while not as difficult as some other set-ups, still has a huge number of possible roles and potential interactions that can influence the course of the game.

That said, I've had players start off with Paranormals before and been fine. My only real requirement is that you be willing to commit to the game. That means active participation in the Day phase discussion and a willingness to stick with the game even if it goes on for a month or two. Having players become inactive or drop out part-way through causes a lot of problems and can ruin the fun. If you're comfortable with that level of commitment, and want to play anyway, you're welcome to join up.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2013, 05:55:53 pm »

Ooooh I want to be in this.  Tentative replacement for now.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2013, 06:04:54 pm »

IN.

I think you're missing an actual reply here...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2013, 06:20:32 pm »

YES MORE TIRUIN!!!

Paranormal looks interesting. Sci-fi instead of Fantasy flavour, right? In I guess.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2013, 06:23:22 pm »

>_>
But..
<_<

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2013, 06:34:39 pm »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Sign-ups! [6/16]
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2013, 06:47:42 pm »

For those that are interested, the rules thread has links to the previous games in it. 13, 16, and 20 are particularly notable.

Tiruin, if you're worried about your play style or communication, just play and work on it. Practice in either case is the only way to get better.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 06:51:07 pm by Mephansteras »
Come play Mafia with us!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Sign-ups! [6/16]
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2013, 06:57:29 pm »

Ok..Into the fray I go.
..Sorry for the apparent drama >_<

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2013, 07:33:35 pm »

IN.

I think you're missing an actual reply here...

What in the high hell...? Damn it forum, don't eat my words!

Yeah, I've played Mafia IRL as well as occasionally playing some online versions of it. I have just never played the forum version of the game, so I have the rules and stuff down. As for time commitment, I should be fine.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 55