Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 142640 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 3 brings death and release
« Reply #675 on: December 21, 2013, 05:25:51 pm »

No, you're being lynched because you're a Hivemind.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 21, 2013, 05:27:26 pm »

And that's worse than scum?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 21, 2013, 05:28:10 pm »

The town's win condition and the Hivemind's win condition are mutually exclusive.

There's no compromise possible here.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 21, 2013, 09:40:20 pm »

Watch SBC actually be an Exterminator with a Dead Man Bomb.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 21, 2013, 09:43:48 pm »

Also don't the dopps die from starvation if they can't eat for two nights in a row?  Wouldn't they have succumbed by now??

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 21, 2013, 09:46:28 pm »

I think SuperBlackCat is lying about being a Hivemind, but in any case he absolutely should be lynched today regardless of anything else.  Why?  If it's true that he converted Ranger, it would have been successful.  Convert is a NIGHT action and Ranger died to a MORNING kill.

Meph:  Hivemind-converted players show as such on dead, correct?

The only thing worse than a Hivemind is an Exterminator, but both are prime targets for lynching.  In case Jim saying it wasn't clear enough, let me quote the role list:

Victory: The Hivemind wins when all opposing groups are dead and the town has no way of stopping them (Vig, War Vet, etc)

Does that sound like someone we want to not lynch?  If you're note voting SBC right now, you are a fool.   Even whoever the dopp (IE: Tiruin) is should want the hivemind out.

Makeinu:
Toaster checks for race on Caz, I guess. If dopp, that won't tell us much of anything.

Why would I not be checking Tiruin? 

It's noteworthy that since N1 and N2 did not have successful dopp kills, the dopp cannot no-kill.

The Doppelgangers may choose to skip thier night kill. They may only do this twice in a row before their bloodlust forces them to kill.

Well, at least I'm pretty sure this rule applies in this case.

Tiruin:
TOONYMAN: ROLEBLOCK SBC. LYNCH SOMEONE ELSE TODAY EVERYONE.

While you should note what I said above about voting SBC, do realize that the "someone else" would be you and oh hey Toony beat me to it.

Ooooh wait.  Tiruin, did you get converted?  That's the only thing I can come up with for your illogical defense of SBC.

If I live, I'll be blocking either makeinu or Toony

Didn't you claim Guard?

Toony:
Watch SBC actually be an Exterminator with a Dead Man Bomb.

Meph nerfed it into the Holdout Blaster so it's cool.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 21, 2013, 10:07:09 pm »

That is correct.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 21, 2013, 10:15:03 pm »

I think SuperBlackCat is lying about being a Hivemind,

Well, by way of technicality, Superblackcat still hasn't claimed anything. Which, for me, is more than reason enough to vote him out. That he might be a Hivemind only makes it worse. At least he's not a Xenozooligist or an Exterminator, or, if he is, he sucks at it.

Makeinu:
Toaster checks for race on Caz, I guess. If dopp, that won't tell us much of anything.

Why would I not be checking Tiruin? 

No reason why or why not, actually. Your call.

It's noteworthy that since N1 and N2 did not have successful dopp kills, the dopp cannot no-kill.

The Doppelgangers may choose to skip thier night kill. They may only do this twice in a row before their bloodlust forces them to kill.

Well, at least I'm pretty sure this rule applies in this case.

I wonder what happens if their kill is blocked instead of voluntarily skipped. I presume the same, but it's an interesting thought.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 21, 2013, 10:16:01 pm »

SuperBlackCat, I'm sorry, but you can't have converted Ranger last night since he didn't show up as converted.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 21, 2013, 10:31:08 pm »

BTW, Caz, Max tried to convert you day one... I tried to convert Ranger Day 2...

That is correct.

There ya go.  Lynch all liars, and all that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 22, 2013, 12:23:19 am »

Tiruin:
TOONYMAN: ROLEBLOCK SBC. LYNCH SOMEONE ELSE TODAY EVERYONE.

While you should note what I said above about voting SBC, do realize that the "someone else" would be you and oh hey Toony beat me to it.

Ooooh wait.  Tiruin, did you get converted?  That's the only thing I can come up with for your illogical defense of SBC.

Didn't you claim Guard?
I was stressed and didn't care at all how everyone would act because I saw you all as a jaded bunch of angry peasants. My 'illogical' defense already states that I'm with him being lynched! Why do people love slandering me so much?

The bolded portion? I already hate this game for its stupid players in the safety of crowds, but still I remain firm on the fact that NONE OF YOU ARE DETAILING WHY I'M A TARGET FOR LYNCH. Defensive? That's me speaking against the majority in an overly assertive tone! Defending Imp? Take it both ways: I saw Imp as Town and was darn shocked to see her flip scum! Next, I would be a darn bad scum player given that notion of defending Imp as despite my rule towards here back there, I'd at least give her a null eye to distance myself as well as give me space to attack her. Does anyone think I'd be defending Imp like that if I was scum? Anyone? Nobody has mentioned this but all I see from everyone are labels and mudslinging.

Painful.

Does that sound like someone we want to not lynch?  If you're note voting SBC right now, you are a fool.   Even whoever the dopp (IE: Tiruin) is should want the hivemind out.
Haha, Tiruin is a FOOL! Let's REJOICE and taunt her MORE!

PS: If I was converted, then I'd die tonight nonetheless.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 22, 2013, 12:40:42 am »

TiruinRead me

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 22, 2013, 01:00:49 am »

Next, I would be a darn bad scum player given that notion of defending Imp as despite my rule towards here back there, I'd at least give her a null eye to distance myself as well as give me space to attack her. Does anyone think I'd be defending Imp like that if I was scum? Anyone? Nobody has mentioned this but all I see from everyone are labels and mudslinging.

WIFOM.

"Tiruin wouldn't keep defending Imp after she flipped dopp, because that would be bad scum play, therefore she must be Town, unless she wanted us to think that, in which case she's scum, but....."
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 22, 2013, 01:10:17 am »

Didn't you claim Guard?
Also yes I claimed Heroic Guard. I don't even get a single saving grace here that while everything I say is under scrutiny, I'm being labeled and not even given the justice of a whole case at me. I'd be firmly ok with someone, who at least, has the "time" and the "effort" to build up a case against me, but all I see are pointing fingers and pointed tongues.

I am horrified by this metaphor to my government right now.

Meaning: You all say that I'm a good-no, the best candidate for the lynch. I don't see anyone building a case, at all. It's Sunday here, and right darn one day until Day end. This justifies my idea of a lazy Town, and despite my alignment right now, I would really wish scum wouldn't have died so that we'd at least see this game not become a mockery of 'let's rely on roles and abilities to root out scum'.

Hey. Newsflash people. One of you is lying about what they can do and adopted an alibi. Let me collate those claims. So far, I've been flailing and also failing to come up to those expectations I say myself, up there. Hypocritical, I know! But this fool at least has some dignity in her to at least do something other than sit around and let this stagnate.

Superblackcat is up for the lynch! Oh, let's not at least give him a saving grace there until we're sure--I mean, let's wait for the information to come! It's not like others have tried to bridge that gap. No, of course! Tiruin's utterly Foolish! Now we're angry at her for her words, but this is just her responding in turn to how 'justified' she feels about people gunning for her lynch.

Bottom line: Poor reasoning. I love how I'm being set-up like this. Like I said, I'm ok with me being lynched for the good of the Town. I'm not ok with being lynched under these conditions--all I'm getting are death threats, and I dearly expect more from a game where most of the surviving players are more Town than not!
I don't even get the benefit of a good case: Links and quotes, against me, no. I get slander and BS thrown at my face!
Why? People see lots of investigative roles. They're subconsciously feeling 'safe'. Do I see anyone else poking there? No. All I see is "Tiruin or SBC" as the words of the masses.
Those aren't good words. While I do fail in saying my intent correctly, let me ratify it into this: I'm seeing a very lethal factor of someone hiding in the fold there, and giving out words on who is best to lynch given this scenario--its his perfect hideaway given the lax conscience of the current times.

Hence why I say that people should look back and recheck. What's the response? "Oh Tiruin, but YOU should be the one who'll be lynched next!" What do I feel? Alone. Disgusted. Betrayed. Did I get any person willing to listen? Yeah, sure, but I got those people willing to listen under the guise of fear and brevity. Questions angled as if I'm talking to the Spanish Inquisition for supporting a minor belief. I got frustrated, I fumbled and even probably got desperate to get someone to listen. But part of me gave up. Part of me didn't want to care anymore in this world of apathy--I mean, why should I, given how everyone elses' response to this scenario being a cold shoulder and an ear listening to only what they want to hear?

Look at how you all jumped on SBC there.

..Unvote. But enough of these pointing fingers. That makes me no better than the gist of what is generally going on today. I've seen little scumhunting done, and I'm making the best of this darned Christmas (yay, heresy on my part. I'd be better of lynched so I can SHUT UP). What I've done, though, is nothing that makes me anywhere innocent. I've acted on impulse and the only thing that saves me here is...looking back at my intent--I based my acts here and reluctance on what happened during that BM, and playing as Imp is the only way I can get this back on the line. Shame on me, obviously.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Persus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ToonyMan (click to show/hide)

More later because argh.

PPE: Toaster
...Right. I've already shamed my name enough by not even speaking to others in a respectful way, even having to edit my post to make it sound less angry while writing.

PPE:
Next, I would be a darn bad scum player given that notion of defending Imp as despite my rule towards here back there, I'd at least give her a null eye to distance myself as well as give me space to attack her. Does anyone think I'd be defending Imp like that if I was scum? Anyone? Nobody has mentioned this but all I see from everyone are labels and mudslinging.

WIFOM.

"Tiruin wouldn't keep defending Imp after she flipped dopp, because that would be bad scum play, therefore she must be Town, unless she wanted us to think that, in which case she's scum, but....."
NOT WIFOM.
Check the logic. While it appears as WIFOM at first glance, use your common sense! Actually, that's me saying 'What do you REALLY think about that?'

I mean, you don't even know this person. See what I mean by brevity and poking at people? I'm getting one-liners, and they're not even detailed!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: December 22, 2013, 02:18:03 am »

WIFOM.

NOT WIFOM.
Check the logic. While it appears as WIFOM at first glance, use your common sense! Actually, that's me saying 'What do you REALLY think about that?'

I mean, you don't even know this person. See what I mean by brevity and poking at people? I'm getting one-liners, and they're not even detailed!
Redetailing: Given how I remember you acting against me on 'not voting any scum player', I'd also address that as WIFOM, and that action as you subtly building a case from the viewpoint of 'Tiruin's a coward who wouldn't vote her teammates'. I've seen little questioning along those lines other than blatant accusations however.

What I'd like to see if how people would see it other than a handwave to discard it in its entirety. What I'm expecting as a reply is "But you're scum because x, y, z." What I need to listen to is why I'm scum behind those lines you speak of. It's WIFOM! Oh sure, it is if you see it from one point of view. It also isn't WIFOM because it is an attempt to get your personal opinion about the matter! Anyone who is lazy would rely on WIFOM without checking the context to determine what is WIFOM and what isn't. This scenario has its roots in tangible ground--relying on how you analyze this situation. Is it WIFOM if that's the case?

More later because argh.
Yes, Caz, I'm having a villainous breakdown here! Joy!
Redact Shorten Request.

Anyway, use of this fancy thing by copy pasting the original OP URL results in a...very nice touch of post-tracking. That's amazing ZU.

> Can someone explain what happened during this time?
At that time, makeinu/Jim/Persus: What were you guys thinking?

makeinu: You still haven't replied to me regarding what you were doing by 'implying that thing with Imp and her votecount'. However you fall more Town than before due to a re-read. Interactions speak for themselves; yet I'm still confounded by the whole thing with Persus. Could you summarize it all up for me?

On another note: I'm unsure if you fully replied to my queries here. The wording of 'Sprint' and 'meta' really brings the focus towards those instead of what you seem to be actually saying--that you note scummy stuff at me. If so, then why are you even mentioning those 'metatells' or whatever as if they're relevant to my case?

Backing up to the present: Why are you giving me the benefit of the doubt now? You seem to be intentionally ignoring me despite that quick shot at me on this 'WIFOM'.

Next, given your experience in PMs, why do I note that you are reluctant to PM those you deem 'scummy'?

You also seem to have a snipped post. What was in there? Why did you vote to cause a 'tie' at that point in time, discarding other factors?

Checking the vote logs and the context of those votes/other related posts, I'm shifting my summary on this quickpost before returning to those logs:

Toaster I'm ruling out as Town given the dual-nature of votes stacking on him previously. I'm protecting this guy tonight.
Persus: Multiple various votes. Other than the benefit of my correspondence to him as guard-buddies, he's been my suspect then. I'm unsure if I reposted my reasons in public, but I'd ask on your choices behind the lines. When you asked me to guard makeinu--I said I'd be guarding Jim instead.
You hopped towards a quick
Okay. I'm going to protect Toony then.
What are your sights on everyone back then, and is there any difference from then, to now?

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 55