Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 142938 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 2
« Reply #360 on: December 13, 2013, 08:41:39 pm »

RangerCado on Today at 10:41:51 am

Suspect me all you want Jim. I'm playing with no regard to how I look and more towards trying to find scum... Until now it seems since I have to get through another part of your post because that right there sir,

Quote from: Jim

Hell, Sinlessmoon is literally the safest vote in the game right now, why FoS him at all?
    is a trap. Why would I add a vote to someone who I can't get any information out of currently with a vote from you already on him to try and get him out of hiding? And now makeinu? An easier way to get his attention would be to PM as well as vote him since we can in this game. So good luck oh misguided one as you once again insult me, as you do every game we've been in, to your hearts content. And some questions for you:

But, RangerCado, how can I trap you into voting somebody you suspect?

You also dodged all of my questions. In particular, why didn't you vote any of the people you said you suspected.

Quote from: RangerCado on Today at 10:41:51 am

-Who do you suspect of being scum? Besides me and mister lurky since you appear to be trying to make me crack.

My suspect list is the same as when I answered this question from Persus13 a few days ago.

Quote from: RangerCado on Today at 10:41:51 am

-Do you really believe I will crack so easily?

Yeah.

Mephansteras, what's the prod/replacement status on our friendly neighborhood lurker Sinlessmoon?

Damn it...sorry about that. I need to be really careful with this new Modify button. I was trying to quote you - Mephansteras
Now I can pick on you about your wording. Why would you ever as Town pick the safest vote unless you thought they were scum? Is there a reason to? Because the votes on him from you and makeinu have done nothing. As well, your suspecting me and your not voting me either? You can't say its because Sinless is scummier because hes getting replaced soon and all hes done is lurk so you have nothing to go on. Why haven't I voted either of them and instead voted you? Because I honestly am trying to find my bearings on makeinu, and Sinless is a worthless vote target because theres nothing to go off on him. Therin lies the trap, my reasons for not voting, and why I'm voting you. So why aren't you voting me or someone else, are you going to hunt or pick on me more, and are you going to do something helpful for the town today?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 13, 2013, 09:12:12 pm »

Oh, look. Another dodged question.

Answer my fucking questions.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 13, 2013, 09:27:11 pm »

I ANSWERED them! Do you read my posts? What question didn't I answer? Because i'm looking right now, and I can't find any!
[/quote]

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 13, 2013, 10:38:30 pm »

Alright, this game is 3 faction?

With most likely one kind of alien, Dopps, and towns?

Aliens have special win statuses, Dopps and Town has to kill everyone not dopp/town?

and what is it most likely to be?

11 players, how many dopps how many towns?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 13, 2013, 10:40:30 pm »

11 players, how many dopps how many towns?

You read the thread and missed that it's 3 doppelgangers, and one's already dead?

I call shenanigans...
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 13, 2013, 10:42:53 pm »

I see that one is dead, I do not see where it says there are three...

Could you like me please? I've been known to be really bad at reading OPs. (If you read my first BM game here, you would find something incredibly funny, well, not really actually).

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - [SET-UP IN PROGRESS]
« Reply #366 on: December 13, 2013, 10:49:05 pm »

When you discovered three doppelganger pods down in the lowest holds of the ship...well, it’s worse than you thought. You’re in a disabled ship, no way to contact the outside world, and alien monstrosities on board.

Favor delivered. I can see how you'd miss the post starting the game. </sarcasm>
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 13, 2013, 10:50:48 pm »

Ahah! I did read that! or... I read "When you discovered ... doppelganger.... Alien..." Three sections?

Also, where is Caz? It's been 4 days since he/she posted.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 13, 2013, 11:10:01 pm »

Ahah! I did read that! or... I read "When you discovered ... doppelganger.... Alien..." Three sections?

Caz went mysteriously missing in the D2 opening post. Early D2 was mostly figuring out what happened to him.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 2 - [1 REPLACE NEEDED]
« Reply #369 on: December 13, 2013, 11:20:25 pm »

Jim: Now this is interesting to me. Fully denying it would be the "Proper" response? I don't believe there is a true "proper" response to that. I've said it before that I don't think about the wording that goes into my post and just speak my mind. And no, I wasn't thinking about it before hand, but it seems it would be an obvious bus for a Dopp member to do. If you want a denial of it then here, I didn't bus him because I am not a dopp! Now, back to doing something productive. And speaking of makeinu...

Maybe you should start taking care of what you say, because you wouldn't want people like me to suspect you for a careless turn of words on your part.

In any case, there was a proper response and you blew it. The proper response was any response that sufficiently convinced me that you were unrattled by my rather obvious insinuation. Sadly you did not give me that impression.

If you had said that you weren't a dopp to begin with without trying to explain it too much I probably would've looked elsewhere.

Jim: why does RangerCado's answer bother you so much? Doesn't a flat-out "Pffff, I'm not a dopp, whatever" answer to that question seem equally suspicious? I'm more suspicious that there's more to this, because I can't see any way that responding to that loaded was going to come out favorably.

Or is it more this behaviour:

Sinless

. . .

Makeinu

Why are you bothering with FoSing people when you're not voting anybody? Why not just vote one of them? Hell, Sinlessmoon is literally the safest vote in the game right now, why FoS him at all?

RangerCado: Jim does have a point here. Sinlessmoon isn't actively playing at all, yet he's still active enough to not be on the replace list. That's straight lurking, and lurking is about the most anti-Town activity I can name, so even if he is Town, he'd better speak the fuck up, and actually play the game.

Superblackcat:

Caz was abducted. Again, I could see how you'd miss the, what, two whole pages discussing that. </sarcasm>

Listen, maybe it's just me, but Max didn't leave you a good position to sub into. Acting the uninformed noob isn't going to play well.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 13, 2013, 11:31:31 pm »

Makeinu: He hasn't posted anything meaningful, hasn't posted since day 1, and was on yesterday without making a post here, but instead in other games:
-snip-
I'm for just replacing him now and being done with it honestly. And  despite not being on the replacement list yet, a full week of inactivity on Mafia is not being 'active.'
[/quote]

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 13, 2013, 11:36:34 pm »

Alright, I'm trying to figure this out. I am managing to forget what I read...
Ugghh.

No I am not an 'uninformed noob'.

Yes I really should pay more attention.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 13, 2013, 11:36:59 pm »

Now I can pick on you about your wording. Why would you ever as Town pick the safest vote unless you thought they were scum? Is there a reason to? Because the votes on him from you and makeinu have done nothing. As well, your suspecting me and your not voting me either? You can't say its because Sinless is scummier because hes getting replaced soon and all hes done is lurk so you have nothing to go on. Why haven't I voted either of them and instead voted you? Because I honestly am trying to find my bearings on makeinu, and Sinless is a worthless vote target because theres nothing to go off on him. Therin lies the trap, my reasons for not voting, and why I'm voting you. So why aren't you voting me or someone else, are you going to hunt or pick on me more, and are you going to do something helpful for the town today?

So,

You're not voting Sinlessmoon because your vote would do nothing, even though you said you suspected him.

You're voting me because my vote on Sinlessmoon is doing nothing, except if I suspect him, which I do, and also I should be voting you instead because Sinlessmoon is a lurker and therefore I have less reason to suspect him.

You're still trying to get a read on makeinu.

The trap is that Sinlessmoon is a safe vote that is inherently ineffective, except if you suspect Sinlessmoon. Except that you said you suspected him, so it wouldn't be a trap.

And the reason I was more worth a vote than either of the two players you initially FoSed is because...?

That I had to make this summary is stupid.

Is this all correct?

Jim: why does RangerCado's answer bother you so much? Doesn't a flat-out "Pffff, I'm not a dopp, whatever" answer to that question seem equally suspicious? I'm more suspicious that there's more to this, because I can't see any way that responding to that loaded was going to come out favorably.

Or is it more this behaviour:

The correct response is to be completely unfazed by my insinuations. Calmly replying along the lines that he was not a dopp would have accomplished this. Instead I got an explanation of why him bussing TheDarkStar is unlikely.

But that's not an important reason why I suspect him. It's more the empty statements of suspicion with his FoSes than some dumb answer to a loaded question.

I'm for just replacing him now and being done with it honestly.

I would be up for this as well. But until he gets replaced he needs to die.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 13, 2013, 11:40:07 pm »

I think Sinlessmoon needs to either be replaced or lynched. Until either of these happens or he becomes very active, scum will have an easy target, and town will be plagued by questions about whether he's scum and lurking his way to victory. While I'd rather lynch scum suspects, we'll gain more information from sinlessmoon's death or replacement.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 13, 2013, 11:43:44 pm »

I really agree with replacing Sinless.
Persus:
Will we actually get any information for lynching Sinless?
Jim:
Scum list thus far, and reasons why. Also, who do you think killing would give the most information.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 55