Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: (IC) Earth Defense Mecha Forces / Chapter One: Three Dear Koreans (Turn 3)  (Read 5236 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OOC Thread

This serves as a placeholder for everything pertaining to Earth Defense Mecha Forces, including character sheets and so.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 06:08:23 am by evilcherry »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (IC) Earth Defense Mecha Forces Ch.0: 287 secret bases, and counting
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 01:58:23 am »

Spreadsheet for player sheets:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApP-O_X_fMBOdFdwZS1YWXN0NTR0QjdFQjlQTzNTUHc&usp=sharing

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 12:09:10 pm by evilcherry »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 01:59:01 am »

Earth Defense Mecha Forces
Chapter Zero: 287 secret bases, and counting

November 26, 201x, Base of Fuji

Although this place sounded desolate (and harbours one of the most popular suicide spots), it is also not surprisingly very popular for every eccentric scientist, agencies that wanted some secrecy, or anyone just curious to set up their secret bases around the locale. In fact, according to the latest statistics from the Japanese Agency for Secret Labs, there are already 287 such bases set within 30km from the top of Mount Fuji.

With the multitude of threats looming, Japan, having such a high concentration of forces, volunteered to step up and help. Besides the obligatory renaming of their SDF back to an Army, with imperial ranks and such, The Japanese government procured the help of a selected few scientists, in order to fight back the looming threat.

The list of agencies are as follows: EAB Project, The Round Table, New Magic, Omega Project and Stratosphere Aeronautics. Together they sport a mecha force of five, namely EAB-01 with its gigantic gun; The King which is a small swordfighter; The Tower which... fits its name and is dwarfs everyone else; Omega Mk 1, which is a ball crossed with a hexapod, and Icarus, which despite its pompous appearance sports an advanced system which makes it practically untargetable.

To support their work, the newly launched IJN Nagato Airship is procured as a support ship for their operations. The tower by New Magic, being so impressively sized, has difficulty fitting in, but after some work, a sling is designed to carry it underbelly, though Martin Gardener of New Magic complained that they are facing the wrong direction.

Despite these drawbacks, the newly christened Earth Defense Mecha Forces(EDMF) is born.

------------------------------------------

On board the IJN Nagato you found your commander-in-name, who has the looks and the size of a girl, and refers to herself as Ruri. She reports that there are a few places that the attention of the Earth Defense Mecha Forces would be needed:

1. A group of scouts has found the presence of more than a few enemy mechas hovering around the Izu Islands, probably also scouting. The EDMF could be dispatched to take care of them, or;
2. A large Kaiju has popped up in Hawai'i, and reports said that ships are being tossed around by blue energy waves;
3. A strange report from South Korea, as parts of Seoul was destroyed by balls of energy, leaving impact craters. Scientists have traced the shots back to P'yongyang, but they feel that only the EDMF would be adequate to take care of that.

Ruri sits on the helm, awaiting your suggestions so she can command you guys in name.

"Introduce yourselves," said Ruri in a flat emotionless tone.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 04:00:35 am by evilcherry »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 08:51:07 am »

"Hello. I am Captain Martin Gardener, and I run the Tower." Captain Gardener is an older man, with scars and one cybernetic hand.
"Wanda Taylor, pilot." Wanda is young, probably in the early 20's, with pink hair and a dataport in her temple.
"こんにちは。私の名前は日の出です。私は盾を実行します。" Hinode is a tall, thin, quiet person, Japanese, wearing loose clothing that makes it difficult to discern his/her gender.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 11:24:34 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 09:25:24 am »

The English group nodded
"I'm Arther Bradley, the head of the round table." A glasses wearing rake of a man with brown hair.
"I'm Clair Green, the pilot of The King." A red hair teenager with cheerful attitude.
"I'm Diana Ross, Co-Pilot." A black hair teenager with a cold look.
"Dude, mechanic." A large brick wall of a man.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 09:47:49 am »

A wealthy looking man with light blonde hair and an almost casual suit steps forward and speaks next.
"My name is Bradley Stratos, i am the founder of Stratosphere Aeronautics."

Turning he indicates a tall young man with long unkempt brown hair.
"Aiden west will be the pilot of the Icarus combat platform, the rest of my teams identities will remain undisclosed as per previous contractual obligations."
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 09:57:03 am »

The head of the EAB Project, a brown-haired man in a scruffy labcoat with bags under his eyes, steps forward. "Hello everyone. My name is Professor Dardan Baris, and it is a pleasure to be working with you all. Professor Sibylla Michel is supervising the transfer of the EAB Project from its previous base to the Nagato, and will join us in a couple weeks once she is ready. Our pilot, Victor Juarez, is currently down in the hangar bay." Dardan sighs. "Hopefully he'll come up when he's ready."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 04:42:43 pm »

The Omega team is not to be found on the bridge. However, thanks to the marvels of intercom, their project leader, Doctor Green, is capable of hearing the question, and returning an answer.

"Doctor Green, leader of the Omega team. We're currently experiencing some minor technical troubles. It appears one of our warheads might have sustained slight damage during transit. We will be back to you once all systems are operational again. "

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 05:52:04 pm »

The repairs to Omega are eagerly watched by a young man with sandy-blonde hair who manages to get in everybody's way.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 09:28:16 pm »

On the deck of Nagato...

Ruri: Shitsurei shimasu, everyone. Hope you can have more time talking to each other soon. As already distributed on the briefing document, there are altogether three places needing your attention, Namely Izu, Hawai'i, and Korea. Please come up with a decision so the Nagato can support with your operations.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 12:29:38 am »

"I have always wanted to see a Kaiju in person, but... these Korean energy balls are very interesting, i would very much enjoy having the opportunity to study them.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 03:15:42 am »

"The Korea thing seem like the place to go, but the Izu scouts worries me."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 07:54:20 am »

"I'm fine with going to Korea. EAB-1 isn't exactly waterproof. Hopefully the rest of the military can deal with the other threats."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 10:28:06 am »

"The Korea thing seem like the place to go, but the Izu scouts worries me."
"時間がある。スカウトは即時の問題ではありません。韓国のエネルギーボールがある。"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 11:44:09 am »

(I guess that's Korea then.)

4 hours later, sea of Japan

"Daisa!" said the communications Officer, in a worried voice. "Incoming transmission... from North Korea!"
"Show it on screens. Provide everyone with translations." replied Ruri, in her emotionless voice.
"Ah... Hai! Moments!"

The transmission is from none other than this man, and is in surprisingly good resolution.
Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

"Imperialists from America, Japan, the usurpers in the south, and the rest of the world. The Eternal Leader speaks here. Your travesty on our democratic republic is no longer tolerated. Today, the great people's army of Choson will be unleashed to rid this world of your filthy capitalism. Behold!"

"Daisa!" the Communications Officer reports again. "Transmission from Korea, in English!"
"投影する。翻訳を提供します。私に。(Show it. Provide translation. For me.)"

"EDMF, this is Korean Supreme Command. The North Korean forces has crossed the DMZ, and are converging upon Seoul. Coordinates and directions are now sent by channel alpha-2148 for your CIC officer."
"..."
"Daisa?"
"ETA to destruction of Seoul by electrical balls, 5 days 20 hours. ETA to occupation of Korean industry by tanks, 15 hours." Ruri calculated, without even taking a piece of paper or calculator. More likely by heart. "... Helmsman. Change bearings and heads towards coordinates 21-48."
"Always at your service, Daisa!" The helmsman said in a typical cheerful voice. Perhaps the most prominent thing is his flamboyant hair, full of volume, and is dyed Green. "Change bearings! New target: 21-48!"

Earth Defense Mecha Forces
Chapter One: Three Dear Koreans

Two hours later
"We are approaching 21-48. Enemies spotted: a few Chonma-ho and Pukpung-ho tanks. Teams, please stand by for airdrop."
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 11:51:31 am by evilcherry »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5