Carrier
- 0 (0%)
Super Submarine
- 1 (10%)
Airship
- 6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Earth Defense Mecha Forces: defending the earth is serious business(OOC/Full)  (Read 11748 times)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

So long as previous knowledge of mecha series is not required, I'm in.

I'll begin making the sheet a bit later.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

making mecha sheet now as per pm'ed archetype.

Spoiler: finished (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:56:16 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

I doubt that any previous knowledge is needed, though I'm sure that if you had any questions people would gladly answer them.

Also looks like we have six players now so we'll be starting soon, right?

EDIT: Artillery mech, close-combat real mech, tank and missile spammer. Just need a super robot with a sword and we'd have hit most of the giant mecha archetypes, right?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:04:27 am by USEC_OFFICER »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Depending on the last sheets. I generally don't like to rule people out, however.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I doubt that any previous knowledge is needed, though I'm sure that if you had any questions people would gladly answer them.

Also looks like we have six players now so we'll be starting soon, right?

EDIT: Artillery mech, close-combat real mech, tank and missile spammer. Just need a super robot with a sword and we'd have hit most of the giant mecha archetypes, right?
i hadn't decided on whether to go for a gravity cannon or plasma tackles... i guess i can go for some sort of super beam katana though.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Depending on the last sheets. I generally don't like to rule people out, however.

Of course. I'm just really excited about this game, that's all.

i hadn't decided on whether to go for a gravity cannon or plasma tackles... i guess i can go for some sort of super beam katana though.

Nah, go with whatever you want to go with. They're archtypes after all, not classes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i was intending to play a speed based mecha anyway, it wouldn't really affect me that much.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

GWG: Lets see. so your tower is a constant AT-field-generator, which doubles as an EMP blaster but disables the AT-field?

If so unless you make it into a weapon of class 4, you have to choose between having a force field, or just being super tough I'm afraid.
Also your pilot need a perk.
The force fields are supposed to be built into the mecha's perk. I left both the ability and the weapon vague enough in power that there should have been some way to balance them as-is. If you say it must be Category 4, though...
And sorry about the pilot perk, I'll add that in.

You need to know that mecha are giant robots.
I'm considering throwing in some alleged Japanese into the dialogue, so knowing where Google Translate is wouldn't hurt for those times I forget to set abbreviations.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Spectr

• Bay Watcher
  • Watching Bays
    • View Profile

I'm in, though I guess i'm waitlisting for now.

Team Colour: Beige
Group Name: Piston Corp
Leader name: Micheal Tarz

Mecha Name: Wind Raider
- Mecha Description: A quadrupedal mech slightly bigger than a 21st century heavy tank. It's thick legs rise up about 6 feet off the ground before hinging back 90 degrees back to the base, if need be the mech is able to extend these joints to rise an additional three feet off the ground. The base is about 2/3 the size of a 21st century tank and sports the rotary mechanisms of the turret, and a set of powerful fans (4 intakes, one on each side, and a large outflow on the bottom of the base.) The turret, hoists all of the armaments and cockpit of the mech, the size of a large tank it carry's a powerful guess cannons on each side, and a pair of artillery cannons up top. It's head, really a small extension of the turret, is fixed in place and sports a pair of light machine guns. The turret is reminiscent of a beetle, though more angular and sharp. The mech is painted in a green/tan camo pattern, with a soft beige overlay.
- Mecha Size: Medium

Weapons
- Weapon 1: Guess cannons: A pair of guess cannons powered by electromagnets. It's able to fire many ferromagnetic materials, if they fit in the barrel, by sequentially starting each magnet accelerating the material extreme speeds. (Class 4)
- Weapon 2: Artillery: A pair of 75 mm artillery cannons designed to fire apds shells. These cannons are mostly used to pierce armor, and to bypass defenses. (Class 2)
- Weapon 3: Light machine guns.: A small pair of 5 mm light machine guns fitted to repel any infantry, or ground charges. (Class 0)

Perk: Shrouding wind: Using the fans on the base, the wind raider, is able to generate a cloud of dust and debris to shroud it's heat signature, and as a rudimentary missile defense system.

Pilot: Jack King
- Pilot Perk: Staying hidden
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:32:06 am by Spectr »
Word

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GWG: Lets see. so your tower is a constant AT-field-generator, which doubles as an EMP blaster but disables the AT-field?

If so unless you make it into a weapon of class 4, you have to choose between having a force field, or just being super tough I'm afraid.
Also your pilot need a perk.
The force fields are supposed to be built into the mecha's perk. I left both the ability and the weapon vague enough in power that there should have been some way to balance them as-is. If you say it must be Category 4, though...
And sorry about the pilot perk, I'll add that in.

You need to know that mecha are giant robots.
I'm considering throwing in some alleged Japanese into the dialogue, so knowing where Google Translate is wouldn't hurt for those times I forget to set abbreviations.
Not really. You can still have the field as a perk, but your physical strength will be on par with everyone else (though your shape means it can handle a lot of punishments)

I'm building live character sheets, but don't expect anything really ready before tomorrow.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pilot Perk: Dodging

Isn't that a bit of an odd perk for the pilot of a giant tank? Not that I don't understand why you're taking it, but I don't see a giant walking tower being very mobile.

i was intending to play a speed based mecha anyway, it wouldn't really affect me that much.

I was talking about something along the lines of Mazinkaiser or Combattler, but eh. Your idea seems pretty awesome, actually.

Would you believe I just got into this stuff a couple months ago?

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Isn't that a bit of an odd perk for the pilot of a giant tank? Not that I don't understand why you're taking it, but I don't see a giant walking tower being very mobile.

I was talking about something along the lines of Mazinkaiser or Combattler, but eh. Your idea seems pretty awesome, actually.

Medium sized means medium sized in SRW, so its more Mazinkaiser rather than Combattler. Anyway, with a BFS, two pistol shots, and a shroud system, this could lead to a very, very interesting way of combat. Just hope that I am sending you giant robots, not a horde of not-so-giant robots...

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ugh, i have everything but a leader and group name, be done in a sec.

i have no idea who either of those mech's are but thank you for the compliment.

Medium sized means medium sized in SRW, so its more Mazinkaiser rather than Combattler. Anyway, with a BFS, two pistol shots, and a shroud system, this could lead to a very, very interesting way of combat. Just hope that I am sending you giant robots, not a horde of not-so-giant robots...
thats another reason i took the shroud :P
ill dissapear in a puff of smoke, hit my overdrive and vaporize half of them with a flash step inferno sweep... then fall to earth like my namesake whilst firing at the others with my pistols :D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 12:00:58 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

That's why we need a pilot who's really good at dodging: So we can dodge at all.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Medium sized means medium sized in SRW, so its more Mazinkaiser rather than Combattler.

Huh. So it is. I always thought it was large (or maybe I'm getting it confused with the other Mazinkaisers).

That's why we need a pilot who's really good at dodging: So we can dodge at all.

I guess it makes sense.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8