Carrier
- 0 (0%)
Super Submarine
- 1 (10%)
Airship
- 6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Earth Defense Mecha Forces: defending the earth is serious business(OOC/Full)  (Read 11722 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Status update:

I left the map file at work, and while I perfectly understand that I can make that back at home I was just too lazy (and not motivated at all) to do that.

Updates tomorrow night Far East time.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally updated turn. Sorry for a day's delay that is.

p.s. Feeling a bit sick, unfortunately. Please check for any errors.

Protip: For "Real" Robots, please refrain from tanking.

Also, Question Time.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 11:36:46 am by evilcherry »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I'm the dedicated tank. Let me do the tanking thing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

8 attacks? Seriously?

How am i meant to use my sword if i cant even get close?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

12 actually.

And I dunno. Who brings a sword to a gunfight anyway.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

People whos guns are on cooldown?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

People who have ranged weaponry as their primary weapon don't have cool down, so ...

Anyway, I guess that Kaju will be better suited to a melee combat style.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

8 attacks? Seriously?

You do have your smokescreen to help you avoid attacks. Though, to be honest, both our real robots suck at dodging. You and scapheap really need to upgrade your hit save ASAP, since a dodge rate starting at 40% is really terrible.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

No one comes to mind.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

8 attacks? Seriously?

You do have your smokescreen to help you avoid attacks. Though, to be honest, both our real robots suck at dodging. You and scapheap really need to upgrade your hit save ASAP, since a dodge rate starting at 40% is really terrible.
i thought it started at 70% and dropped from there?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Earth Defense Mecha Forces: defending the earth is serious business(OOC/Full)
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2013, 05:56:29 pm »

No one comes to mind.
We're not talking colossal blades, silly.

(Fun fact: The Zankantou is at least 14 stories tall. Colossal blade indeed.)

Err... Yes. My math was off by 10%, and I was talking about the chance to be hit. However a 30% chance to be hit is still kinda bad though.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Earth Defense Mecha Forces: defending the earth is serious business(OOC/Full)
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2013, 07:14:56 pm »

No one comes to mind.
We're not talking colossal blades, silly.

(Fun fact: The Zankantou is at least 14 stories tall. Colossal blade indeed.)

Err... Yes. My math was off by 10%, and I was talking about the chance to be hit. However a 30% chance to be hit is still kinda bad though.
From my SRWOG2 experience, DGG is always a super. it's only weaker physically than the srx, who is essentially 3+1 slots for two shots per turn, and giganscuro, who is the designated support defense tank.

But yeah, the problem is you took more than you can eat at once. Reals should be okay one on one, but you got ganked by 4 reals.

On another thought:

I'm thinking of either making real robots dodges not as punishing (The difficulty here is around SRW D, not touched AP or really grinded on the "numbered" series. If I stood by my original numbers for the Pukpung-hos and Chonma-hos, I don't think the Icarus would survive), and also thinking of a "field repair weapon" part drop, healing nanobots from the Nagato, or a sixth ranger as a healer/support.
I will also consider toning down ranged weapons, especially on the point that every mook got an ability to double shot per turn.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 10:12:30 pm by evilcherry »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2013, 07:49:38 am »

Id like to see a field repair bay on the Nagato and a manual field repair tool, nanobot sprays are just OP.
The Nagato would heal more than one system and allow for destroyed parts to be replaced but the field repair kit would do something like [X - 1DY] healing to a single component where X is the parts max hp and Y is the amount of damage it has sustained.

as for dodging, perhaps making it that every additional attacker incurs the penalty for all attacks or changing it so the penalty is applied by unit would work?
so if two tanks attack it would end up being -2 to all dodges or:

tank 1 fires, no penalty.
tank one fires, -1 penalty.
tank one fires, -2 penalty.
tank two fires, -2 penalty.
tank two fires, -3 penalty.

also with my pistols  its "fire + recharge,  finish recharge, ready to fire" right?

also yeah, first mission mook's should not have powerful double shot cannons, especially if they were tanks to begin with.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2013, 07:59:10 am »

For the suppression thing, I think the easiest solution might be to just make only misses add to the suppression counter.

Anyway, balancing stuff on the fly is the best balance.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2013, 09:44:01 am »

I will probably use something like "no more suppression penalty unless missing by 0 to 4".
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8