Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Hat Arena 8/8 Turn 1  (Read 4275 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Hat Arena 2/8
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 11:18:38 pm »

Enchant staff -> sharpness... close enough :P
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 11:23:39 pm »

Outback magic
I have no idea what this implies but I think I'm going to love it.

But Dual staffs. I can use it to boost my magic, WHILE boosting my magic!...With the other one!
Then, if I enchant my staffs to boost my magic...?
I'm... Not sure staves are going to stack. They're pretty big. Staves are kinda held in two hands normally. Maybe if you had a couple more points in strength... Ah hell why not. Staves stack now. Multiplicatively. Also the wand is 20 points.

Wait, wasn't I the one who suggested magic hat stacks to mastahcheese? Or was he already planning something?
You probably did, but I was working on a similar setting about a year ago. They're fine with me doing this, and I've been working with them on the concept a bit.

Also, only need to change 1 thing xantalos. You have 6 power, but the max starting stat is 4. Sooo, move 2 points somewhere.  As a side note its implied that your bodies have basic clothes. Just in case anyone was wondering.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 11:25:04 pm »

Oh. Didn't notice that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hat Arena 6/8
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2013, 11:45:13 pm »

Would I be allowed to have three staffs? I could be...Roranoa stafforo.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2013, 11:49:07 pm »

Would I be allowed to have three staffs? I could be...Roranoa stafforo.
Like I said, they'd stack multiplicatively, which means while the first bonus is worth the amount you'd expect, each successive staff is worth exponentially less. Also I'm not letting you hold a staff with your mouth. Just no. As a guideline, if the staff isn't pointed at the thing you're trying to effect, you're not getting a bonus.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 11:51:20 pm »

What about 5 staffs where you're holding 2 in each hand and have one duct taped to your back?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2013, 11:56:13 pm »

It is 11PM, so I'm going to bed. Am I going to miss the first turn? If I will be, whatever it is, just have it so that my character practices using both of his staffs to boost his magical powers. If I'm dropped into a dangerous scenario, just work on those evasive maneuvers!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2013, 11:56:51 pm »

What if i taped 5 staves together then attached a shoulder strap and wielded them minigun style?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2013, 12:01:21 am »

Can I use my hat strap to strap my knife to my wand so I have a magical knife?

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2013, 12:09:12 am »

What about 5 staffs where you're holding 2 in each hand and have one duct taped to your back?
The 2 in each hand would work, but the one on your back wouldn't. On the other hand, how thin do you think these staves are? Alternatively, how big do you think your hands are? You probably couldn't fit two in each hand without some sort of contraption or magical effect.
What if i taped 5 staves together then attached a shoulder strap and wielded them minigun style?
Such a construction would probably work, yes. It would likely be highly unwieldy though.
Can I use my hat strap to strap my knife to my wand so I have a magical knife?
I fail to see how this would work. The wand only applies a bonus to you, not things its attached to. But i suppose you could free a hand that way if that's what you're asking.

Questions like this make me consider magic overload being a thing. Or mana. MP/SP doesn't exist at the moment, even though it normally would in the full game. Also you probably won't miss the first turn. Going to bed soon.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 11:07:29 am »

I'm awake! Well, I was awake a few hours ago, but I'm on the computer! Or, more exactly, I'm at work and have to start working! I'll check in when I can!

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2013, 12:53:25 pm »

description: paper hat
school: terraforming
stats
end:2
pow:4
inventory:
staff
shield
copper armor
wand
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2013, 01:02:11 pm »

description: paper hat
school: terraforming

I expect great things from you,
just dont summon a desert around yourself if anyone has a shiny object or magnifying glass.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hat Arena 7/8
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2013, 01:16:52 pm »

Alright. I'm up. Uneven player count is a slight problem though.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hat Arena 7/8
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 01:29:05 pm »

How so?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5