Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Desolate Prison  (Read 1099 times)

zakanater19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Desolate Prison
« on: November 24, 2013, 01:29:23 pm »

So has anyone managed to create a prison system for goblins, criminals, and other dangerous things?

laijka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Desolate Prison
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 01:52:12 pm »

So has anyone managed to create a prison system for goblins, criminals, and other dangerous things?

What do you mean?

zakanater19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 02:01:21 pm »

What do you mean?

Well, people build awesome things in DF so i was wondering if anyone has managed to get a prison going, and possibly working.

CreamyDoughnut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 02:09:30 pm »

It isn't too hard. I built an entire complex with a tunnel to my fortress being the only way in and thus the shortest for invaders to take. It's been a lot of FUN and pretty much my entire military is stationed there managing the myriad of prisoners I capture for use in colossums and experiment rooms.

If you're talking about a 'jail' pretty much everyone makes one to house the bad dwarves.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 05:39:28 pm »

It really depends on what you're going for. Putting goblins and other critters behind bars isn't hard as long as you have them in a cage. If you're looking to store as many goblins as possible in as small a space as possible, then just create a two-level deep hole and put a lever-linked floorhatch halfway down so that it separates the two levels of the pit. When it's time to store a goblin, you have to close the hatch, throw them in, then open the hatch so they fall into the lower storage area.

If, however, you want to have a larger facility with individual cells and openable doors, then you have to strip away their weapons. After that, you can dump them into the cells from above, place the cage inside the cell and use mechanics to release them after the doors have closed, or build their cage outside the cell, build a chain inside, then designate that goblin for the chain.

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 01:24:40 am »

Search.  Someone a while back was describing a game where he imagined the fortress he was building was the mountainhome's prison.  He had a small crew of guards and migrants were considered to be arriving prisoner chains.
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.