Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Headless Hero  (Read 5873 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Headless Hero
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 06:35:29 pm »

Multi-tile creatures do sound like they will be fun, or at least interesting. Idea of a headless guy going on til the game figures out he should be dead is pretty funny.

Thirding the nomination of WoobMonkey as High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 07:08:21 pm »

Perhaps taking a joke too far, but eff it, I'm half asleep by this point anyway:

Forumite: Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the Peoples of the Dwarf mode Discussion, Adventure mode Discussion, Suggestions, Gameplay Questions, Community Games and Stories, DF Modding, and the many child boards of them belonging or pertaining, according to their respective laws and customs?

High Lobster: I solemnly promise so to do.

Forumite: Will you to your power cause Law and Justice, in Mercy, to be executed in all your judgements?

High Lobster: I will.

Forumite: Will you to the utmost of your power maintain the Laws of Bay Twelve Forums and the true profession of the Forum Rules? Will you to the utmost of your power maintain in the Right to play Dwarf Fortress in headache inducing ASCII Graphics, as established by law? Will you maintain and preserve inviolably the settlement of the Church of Toady One, and the doctrine, worship, discipline, and government thereof, as by law established in The Forum Guidelines? And will you preserve unto the Moderators and Posters of Bay Twelve, and to the Forums there committed to their charge, all such rights and privileges, as by law do or shall appertain to them or any of them?

High Lobster: All this I promise to do.

Then the High Lobster arising out of his/her Chair, supported as before, the Adamantine Sword being carried before his/her, shall go to the Specially made Thread, and make his/her solemn Oath in the sight of all the people to observe the premisses: laying his/her right hand upon the The Quote Button in the great Election Thread, and saying these words:

High Lobster: The things which I have here before promised, I will perform and keep. So help me Armok.

(Yeah, I'm sure there were more appropriate oaths to feebly modify, but Oh well.  :P)
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2013, 07:17:05 pm »

Awwww, you guys are sweet.

I hereby swear to uphold the true spirit of Dwarven Nobility: bitching, demanding, and being distracted by kittens, doors, and well-made cage traps.

I promise to make sense; except for when I don't.

I promise to never abuse my authority as High Lobster; never shall a Fluffy Wambler grow weary of its amazing cuteness, nor aerodynamic properties, as long as I shall continue as a sane being.

I solemnly swear that I shall not remain sane longer than is useful, or amusing, or annoying to the other denizens of any fortress I may oversee.

Also: magma.  I shall pull any and all levers that suspiciously appear in my quarters; I shall not condone the pretentious lodgings of lesser, non-crustacean beings.

As High Lobster, I swear all these things.

Dated this yadda yadda hey is that a new Obsidian door?
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2013, 07:26:18 pm »

Welcome High Lobster, you get the room with the lever made from an artifact red spinel mechanism!  Just don't pull it, we never labeled it, so we aren't entirely sure what it does.
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2013, 02:03:41 am »

And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Zan Oltaridor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2013, 08:14:59 am »

Oh man this thread is glorious! Thank you guys! This is basically my first thread that will maybe create an real inside joke. Great :D We should really make this a thing...High Lobster...sunken Denomination.. Yes, yes!
This thread is why I love dwarf fortress. We start at engravings of wagons and end up using necromancy to raise them from the dead, and were-wagons.
I jumped off a ramp in a cave and exploded.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2013, 03:14:36 am »

I'd like to be the High Tentacle of some eastern fortress, prefferably human, eh...
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2013, 03:28:01 am »

By virtue of the whispers of the briny deep, and the power vested in me by the UberWambler, I hereby nominate you High Tentacle of the Eastern Marches.

Thus speaks the High Lobster; all would be wise to heed his chitinous mutterings.
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2013, 03:40:38 am »

By all that Dwarven society holds as holy, by magma, cat/goblin bone bolts, candy and burning nobles, I swear to perform my duties as High Tentacle responsibly, never abuse my rights and never do any harm-
...Well, I guess one thing leads to another. Let's skip the last part.

Now, where are my worshippers? Bring me your finest women! The High Tentacle shall be worthy of his name!
...oh, wait. I don't have tentacles.
BRB, defying gods in some random temple.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 03:44:13 am by ☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼ »
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

ITHEURIST

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2013, 09:50:03 am »

I love this discussion *sigh*  :)
WoobMonkey- I hereby swear to uphold the true spirit of Dwarven Nobility: bitching, demanding, and being distracted by kittens, doors, and well-made cage traps.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2013, 10:04:57 am »

And it wuvs you.  Claw hugs!  Tentacle fondlings, all around!
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!

Zan Oltaridor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2013, 10:11:06 am »

I made a monster...
This thread is why I love dwarf fortress. We start at engravings of wagons and end up using necromancy to raise them from the dead, and were-wagons.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2013, 10:15:11 am »

I made a monster...

At least two, by my count.  Three, if this quote pyramid grows sufficiently large to achieve sentience... XD
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!

Zan Oltaridor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2013, 05:22:04 pm »

I made a monster...

At least two, by my count.  Three, if this quote pyramid grows sufficiently large to achieve sentience... XD

Well, i didn't meant you. I meant the thread. It started with describing a story of a funny bug and now...we have someone who calls himself "the High Lobster" and he, well, makes... offers... Oh and of course !!Troll Fur Sock!! who also became a priest of Cthulhu.

ITHEURIST

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2013, 10:01:05 am »

I made a monster...

Well, i didn't meant you. I meant the thread. It started with describing a story of a funny bug and now...we have someone who calls himself "the High Lobster" and he, well, makes... offers... Oh and of course !!Troll Fur Sock!! who also became a priest of Cthulhu.
reasons i love the dwarf fortress forums-
1. We discuss headless people that are priests
2. we call people by cool titles like "High Lobster"
3. We discuss troll socks
4. We draw crude lobsters with our keyboards

I could get hours of fun reading random posts on this forums...
WoobMonkey- I hereby swear to uphold the true spirit of Dwarven Nobility: bitching, demanding, and being distracted by kittens, doors, and well-made cage traps.
Pages: 1 [2] 3