Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 62

Author Topic: (SG) Bizarre Slime: CROSS COUNTER!  (Read 71413 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre Slime [Suggestion Game]
« Reply #615 on: February 01, 2014, 10:03:58 am »

╞══════════════════════════════BIZARRE SLIME══════════════════════════════╡

"Can I have some prep time?" you ask Dexter.
 "Ehm, sure. After class would be nice." he flashes you a grin and walks off as his backpack clanks. You run off into the common areas and plop yourself down on a bench. You know that combining runes are possible, but the mana required to cast it becomes greater exponentially. In the meantime you could upgrade your weapons. You know that transfiguring napalm for the Phoenix Blaster would be powerful. You look down to the rune that summons it, intricate designs run across it. You point your rune-drawing finger which glows violet and you begin to draw.
   Rune drawing requires advanced knowledge of scientific and magic workings, and in the case of transmutation and transfiguration -- chemistry. The two chemicals used form napalm are Palmitic and Naphthenic acids. You draw the complicated runes for those and set it to transfigure into napalm. That will do nicely.
   You then take your Shock Shot rune and begin to upgrade it. Mercury shock for the Shock Shot would be a good addition, but then again, you sent a quarter of the cafeteria to the clinic like that. What's the worse that could happen? You draw the rune and stand up from the bench. It's time for combat class. You make way towards Potentia tower and into class, where Mr. Knuckles is standing in front of the desk in front of only a couple students. He turns towards you and nods approvingly.
 "Excellent fight Violet." he compliments, giving a thumbs up with all four of his hands.
 "Thank you, sir." you respond.
 "But what was that shit with the raining metal? You sent half the damn cafeteria to the clinic. Not cool." he continues, pacing by his desk.
 "Sorry sir, but it a spur of the moment." you say.
 "Dr. Hexapus had to treat fifty kids for Mercury poisoning. A lot has been happening with that man lately, he can't handle a huge influx of patients just like that," he snaps his fingers, "And not to mention that it uses up valuable school money. Just be careful, alright?" he says.
 "Yes sir." you respond with a sigh.
 "Good girl, now sit down." he says. You take your seat as students starting to file in. A smile appears on Mr. Knuckle's face and he claps his hands.
 "Alright, the unforgivable curses and how to defend against them. What curse shall we start with..?"

[The Killing Curse]
[The Imperius Curse]
[The Cruciatus Curse]

Character Information
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
╞════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 10:13:07 am by PrivateNomad »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 01, 2014, 04:37:35 pm »

bump

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 01, 2014, 04:40:24 pm »

Killing curse. Also see if we can get a ice spike spell after class just in case.
Crack-a-lack-a

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 01, 2014, 06:27:47 pm »

"The killing curse?" you say as you raise your hand.
 "Ah yes, the killing curse or the Obcido curse. It leaves no visible wound and inflicts instantaneous death upon the victim," he paces around until he moves over to a cage behind his desk. Scratching noises are heard when Mr. Knuckles pulls out a gremlin, it's brown skin hard and it's eyes shooting around.
 "Found this bugger when taking a stroll in the fairy lands. A gremlin, if ya' don't recognize it," he goes on.
 "Now, I will demonstrate these curses on this litter bastard. If you support animal cruelty, then please leave." he says as he takes glances down the classroom. No one stands to leave the classroom, but instead stares at the struggling gremlin with wide eyes.
 "For obvious reasons, I will save the killing curse for last." He says as he points a finger towards the gremlin.
 "Enervo!" The four-armed teacher chants, a small blue light shooting from his fingertip. The light hits the gremlin square in the chest, and he ceases to move. Mr. Knuckles nods and sets it down.
 "And now, the Imperius Curse." he states as he simply motions his hand towards the gremlin, an incantation leaving his rough lips;
 "Imperio!". No projectile comes from his hand, only the gremlin taking in a deep breath and standing up, it's eyes turning a cloudish blue color.

"The Imperius curse -- or the domination curse, when inflicted upon any living creature, will place that creature under your control. Gremlin, jump on that table," he points to the table. The gremlin quickly leaps onto the table, causing a slime girl to jump back in a scream to everyone's amusement. Mr. Knuckles begins to motion his hands towards the other tables, and the gremlin begins to rush around, leaping across tables.
 "In order to resist the Imperius curse, you must have a considerable amount of willpower and mental skill." he explains as the gremlin returns. He flicks at the gremlin and it shakes it's head with it's cloudy blue eyes returning red.

"Now for the Cruciatus curse, A.K.A the torturing curse," he says as he moves his finger in a lightning-bolt pattern and points at the gremlin. He says in an angered voice, his teeth clenched "Crucio!". The gremlin falls to the ground, squirming and screeching in pain as a crimson light shoots out in a beam towards the helpless creature. The gremlin continues to writhe as excruciating pain shoots through it's entire body. Mr. Knuckles moves his hand down, dissipating the beam and looks towards the class. Almost everyone has a shocked look on their face, with hands covering their mouths. The gremlin stands up, still groaning in pain.
 "The only way you can block an unforgivable curse is by placing a ward between it. I'd use a high-power ward, since some especially powerful dark witches and wizards can make their attacks pierce hard." he explains. He turns to a blue-feathered harpy girl in the front row and approaches the front of her desk. He looks down towards her with a blank face.

"Would you like to give us the last unforgivable curse, June..?" he states. The girl simply shakes her head in response, looking down as a tear forms in her eye. Mr. Knuckles stands back and looks towards the gremlin.
 "...Obcido!" he yells out as a green light shoots from his hands and strikes the gremlin straight in the back. The gremlin falls to the ground, dead and motionless. He kicks the gremlin under his desk and lets out a sigh before turning to the class whose faces are grim.

"Write me a one page essay on why the unforgivable curses are illegal and why it is important to defend against them. You have fifteen minutes." he says before taking the gremlin's cold corpse in one hand and throwing it out the window behind his desk. You quickly take your pen and get to writing the essay. You write down things about the curses being inhumane and that if shadowmancers were to attack again you would need to defend yourselves.

15 minutes pass by and Mr. knuckles takes the papers in hand before placing them in a stack upon his desk. He turns to the class and clears his throat.
 "Using any unforgivable curse will result in a life sentence in the highest-secure magic prison in the world, Grimoire Specter. You are all still pure of heart. Don't corrupt your hearts and turn to dark magic." he says.

"Now, we will discuss the fighting of specters. Specters include magic creatures such as ghosts, phantoms, poltergeists, dementors, and more," he says as he paces around the front of the class. "Specters cannot be hurt by ordinary means. There three types of specters, light, neutral, and dark. Neurtal specters can be harmed with most magic, but not physical weapons. Dark specters can only be hurt by magic belonging to the purest and most good. Light specters can only be harmed by magic which is dark and evil. Most specters are neutral and include things such as ghosts and even poltergeists. Just keep in mind that not all specters are enemies, as you may see some ghostly students around here.
 Dark specters are usually dementors. Dementors are dark specters that feed on happiness. Whenever they are near, you will feel cold and unhappy. Although what you should really fear about dementors is the dementor's kiss. They will literally suck the soul out of you.
 Light specters are things like angels. Usually these are good, depending on who's side you're on. Any questions?"
he explains. A girl with cat ears and brown fur raises her hands. Mr. Knuckles points at her.
 "Will we learn how to combat dark specters?" she asks.
 "That you will. There is one specific spell, it's a summoning spell, called a Patronus. It's basically a thing you summon made out of pure good, and can combat dark specters. I will now explain how to conjure one. After I explain, each of you will practice," he continues.

"There are two types of patronuses, a non-corpeal which takes no form of animal and just exists as a mist, and a corpeal patronus which takes the form of a creature reflecting upon yourself and is the most powerful form. To conjure one, for siphon users, make this motion-- he extends his arm and circles it around in a swirl.
 "Expecto Patronum!" he chants as his hand trails with a white mist and sparkles. A pure white and cyan bear projects from his hand from the center of the circle and leaps onto the ground, a sparkling trail behind it. It raises it's paw and roars before it dissipates.

"For runic users, draw this symbol." he says as he moves to the whiteboard. He draws a circle and adds aspects to it, Purus and Animus being the primary ones and continues to draw very intricate symbols.
 "For sound users, take the mystic point of your instrument and form the symbol I did earlier for Siphon magic. To actually conjure the patronus, you must concentrate on a very happy thought. I focused on strangling shadowmancers, which brings me great joy." he says.

"Now begin!" he announces as he sits down behind his desk. You take the bottom of your left wrist and draw the rune on the board, the Expecto Patronum rune and stand up to cast it.

What happy thought do you think of?

Character Information

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 01, 2014, 07:06:43 pm »

The first time...  we ate bacon.
Crack-a-lack-a

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 02, 2014, 10:48:36 am »

You close your eyes and think of the first time you ate bacon, the crispy, scarley coating of it entering your mouth and the meaty flavor exploding inside it. You continue to raise it and chant; "Expecto Patronum!". The rune doesn't activate. You look back at the rune -- it's written exactly as it is on the board. Mr. Knuckles approaches you from behind and places his muscular, hard-skinned hand upon your shoulder.
 "What are you thinking of?" he simply asks, looking down at you with his gleaming silver eyes.
 "The first time I ate bacon." you respond in an innocent way, to his amusement. He shakes his head and chuckles to himself.
 "It has to be a powerful thought. It has to be something that truly made you happy. When I conjured my patronus, I wasn't thinking about strangling shadowmancers. I was thinking of my children and how they'll grow up to be good-hearted people. You have to completely anchor your mind on one thing, and continue to think about it. If you stop, then your patronus will dissipate. They're a projection of your happiest memory." he explains and steps back. He looks around, glancing at everyone's failing attempts to conjure a patronus. He turns back to you with a smile.
 "I know you can do it." he says and takes another step back, seeming eager to watch you despite your high chance to fail like everyone else.

What do you think of now?

Character Information

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 02, 2014, 11:52:00 am »

Getting accepted into being a Color

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 02, 2014, 01:32:48 pm »

bump

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 02, 2014, 04:54:42 pm »

Being chosen to become a Color out of 600 other Rune Witches, and knowing that it will make our mother proud.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 02, 2014, 07:42:45 pm »

You close your eyes and take in a deep breath. You recall the day your master chose you -- out of hundreds of other rune witches, to participate in the Colors contest. You remember the excitement rushing through you and the feeling that you knew deep down in your heart that you would make your mother proud, and to make something out of yourself. Before you know it, you incant the words "Expecto Patronum!" and see a silvery blue mist sparkle from your palm, it's brightness shining across the room as it floats away, trailing a sparkling blue like the purest good. The whole class turns to the blue light which is resonating with positive energy, their eyes widening.
 "A non-corpeal patronus..." Mr. Knuckles says as he walks forward, unable to contain his grin. The silver mist moves around the room, swirling around tables and above a spider girl's head. Mr. Knuckles claps his hands in applause, with the whole class following. The silver-blue mist dissipates as the class erupts in applause.
 "Excellent work, Violet. You are the only first year I have ever seen to cast the Patronus charm." he compliments with a smile, his teeth shown.
 "Thank you." you respond, beaming at him.
 "I did not expect everyone else to succeed. It was only a test. You all have done very well," he continues, pacing down the room. "Tomorrow we will discuss the Tristitia curse and wards. Class is dismissed." he says, waving the kids off. You pack your things and move to leave until Mr. Knuckle's loud voice announces;

"Stay here a moment Violet."

You move in front of his desk and glance towards his hard grey skin, his silver eyes gazing down at you.

"In case you didn't know..." he says, all his arms behind his back.
 "Janice is my daughter." he says with a completely blank expression. This guy, the merry girl's father?
 "Oh, uhm. Okay." you simply say with a poker face.
 "I think it would be very good for her to be a close friend with someone as GOOD as yourself," he says with extra emphasis on the 'good.'
 "And I really don't mean that by personality. You were able to cast that non-corpeal patronus so easily because you are pure of heart and soul. And being made of bizarre slime probably helps." he says.
 "You know?" you ask with wide eyes.
 "Yes. It is actually of utmost importance, actually. The entire staff was informed about it by Dr. Hexapus after the shadowmancer attack. He saw what that shadowmancer said to you," he says as he lets his four arms hang down at his sides, his piercing silver gaze still down upon you.
 ", just know that your safety is of high concern as of now. Even Headmaster Aberthorn finds an interest in you." he goes on.

Now would be an excellent time to ask him any questions.

Character Information

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 02, 2014, 07:53:48 pm »

Ask what other factions, if any, might be of interest in capturing/killing us.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 02, 2014, 07:58:53 pm »

Ask what other factions, if any, might be of interest in capturing/killing us.
+1
Crack-a-lack-a

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 02, 2014, 08:27:16 pm »

"What other factions have hostilities with us?" you ask.
 "That's a good question. I am the head of this school's security, if you didn't know. Right now our only threat are the shadowmancers mainly because we're right next to their territory. The fairy lands aren't claimed by any factions, but have tons of dangerous critters like that gremlin I had." he explains.

Any other questions? (list them)

Character Information

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 02, 2014, 08:34:42 pm »

Does he know about Santa giving us a mission?
Crack-a-lack-a

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 02, 2014, 09:26:08 pm »

Does he know about Santa giving us a mission?

no
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 62