Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Warrior [A Suggestion Game]  (Read 1733 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Warrior [A Suggestion Game]
« on: November 23, 2013, 02:06:39 am »

Warrior
I dream of a huntress, clad in furs, armed with bow and knife. She rides on a beast of a snow-white coat, majestic yet ferocious, just as she is. She stands out in the forest, a being of nature as opposed to the twisted roots and cursed soil. She shoots down demons on the trees and her companion claws vile monsters in her way. She wanders into a cave, and faces a large behemoth, shrouded in shadow. I see no further and wake up.

I dream of a monk, with a long beard tucked into his robes. He reads scrolls and texts from ages past, deciphering riddles and solving the mysteries of the world. In one moment, he stands atop of the world, on the highest peak, the second, he causes the world to crash beneath his feet, sending the sky falling, and the false angels hiding beyond the veil of the stars along with it. A god-like being glares down at the mortal, who has threatened his false divinity, eyes burning with hatred as bright as the sun. I see no further and wake up.

I dream of warrior, shrouded in hellfire and armed with a sword that could pierce the heart of God. His face is bathed in blood, both his own and of the myriad armies that dared to defy him. His ashen skin is armored by battlescars. He looses a howl that could wake the earth, and he slaughters everything. One by one, demons and men alike fall before him, as he runs towards the tower in the center of the battlefield. As he climbs it, he forces his way to the top, smashing down every defender. He reaches the final room, and inside I see a woman, her form covered as she tantalizingly hides behind the drapes. As the warrior reaches and opens the drape, I wake up and see no further, but I hear an agonizing scream of loss and despair.

This is Warrior, a suggestion game. You will all guide the actions of the hero(?) of this story. The hero is the next incarnation of a warrior, a being of power so vast that he could potentially rule all of existence as God. But it is their duty to protect the balance, and throw down the usurpers that threaten everything. They are to fight the greatest Enemy of their time, and when their Enemy is slain, so too are they. They, along with their enemy, are reborn a millenia into the future, destined to fight again.

The rules are simple: The dice being used is the d20. You will have an HP and AC. If you've played D&D or something similar, you'll know how it works. Actions will have a DC, determined by me (or Bay12's ingenious ways of bypassing the GM's traps). Fighting will be taken in turns, and the order of the turns will be decided by dice rolls.

Character Sheet:
Name:

Choose his backstory:

What kind of person are you?
A. Bully [You are the dominant figure of authority in the schoolyard. Start with extra 5 HP and a Good Relationship to the Bullies.]
B. Nerd [You are one of the many misunderstood geniuses at the school. Start with a Laptop and a Good Relationship to the Teachers.]
C. Average [You've just enrolled, and are starting fresh. No starting bonuses, but will learn skills and gain relationship 50% faster.]

What skills do you have?
A. Physical [You're good at PE, and are physically superior to your classmates. Extra 5 AC and access to the Gym.]
B. Academic [You're clever and wise. -5 to DCs and access to the Library.]
C. Streetskills [You're a streetwise rat. Bonus to gaining relationship, and access to Street Shops]
D. Occult [You're a strange little fellow. You've seen things that people can't see. -5 HP but gain Invisible Friend (Give him or her a name.)]

What kind of warrior do you see yourself as?
A. Lone Wolf [You're best by yourself. You dislike needless interaction and are quick and to the point.]
B. Warlord [Commanding men is your proficiency. You can lead others and fight as many foes as you lead followers.]
C. Sorcerer [The greatest enemy of the Sorcerer is mystery. You can solve the unsolvable and see the unseen.]
D. Shadow [Your superior agility and cunning make you a fearsome opponent. You are unseen and unheard, but it doesn't matter if there's no one alive to see or hear you.]
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Warrior [A Suggestion Game]
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 05:23:33 am »

Character Sheet:
Name: Nathan
Appearance: ?
C
D - Kitty
D

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 07:14:11 am »

Name: Ethan Summers
Gander: Male
Appearance: Ethan is by no means weak. He is a well built boy, but not bulky, giving both speed and agility. He has short cropped black hair, and a square chin, but his face is kindly.
B
C
A
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 07:20:49 am »

Name: Ivy Lights
Appearance: A tall black haired teenage with red eyes.
A
A
B
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 08:52:07 am »

Name: Aida
Appearance: A person who's often mistaken for a cute middle-schooler, not that it stops him/her from getting into fights.
C
A
A

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 10:26:03 am »

Appearance: A person who's often mistaken for a cute middle-schooler, not that it stops him/her from getting into fights.
C
A D (Luce)
A
+1, with the one change
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 12:10:09 pm »

Character Sheet:
Name: Silver
Appearance: He has short cropped black hair, and a square chin.
B
D - Incognito [Ink]
C
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 12:16:47 pm »

Character Sheet:
Name: Silver
Appearance: He has short cropped black hair, and a square chin.
B
D - Incognito [Ink]
C
+1

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 07:25:52 pm »

C
A D (Luce)
A
+1, with the one change
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 08:23:41 pm »

Turn I: First Semester
You are Aida Brighton. A first-year at James Lexon Academy, class 1A. Of the few friends you had in elementary school, none have been able to join you in coming to this prestigious private school. None, that is, excluding Luce. Your best friend, having grown up with her since your birth, is almost like a twin sister. If anyone saw her with you, they'd think of you as the bestest of friends. If anyone could see her, that is.

Today is the first day of school. After the two hour-long welcoming ceremony, it is finally time for you to go to your homeroom and meet with your teacher and class. One of the great things about this school is that it is strict and disciplined; no one talks to each other in the hall, and if no one talks, you don't have to be bothered to reply. Another great thing is the uniform. Everyone wears the same thing: for boys, a long-sleeved white shirt underneath a black suit with a tie, and a peaked cap. For the girls, a sailor suit, with a red ribbon. Hair is to be either tied or braided, or cut short. If everyone looks the same, you won't stand out more.

You are directed into a single file line by class, with you in the middle. Your class moves forwards, exiting the hall and going up the stairway. You finally reach your classroom - an air-conditioned room, with desks with multiple drawers, filled with necessary textbooks. You take your seat at your assigned desk, next to a window on the right side of class. Luce sits on the desk, with a bright smile on her face. She's wearing the uniform as well, but as a ghost she didn't need to pay a fortune for it like you did.

The teacher enters the room: a well-built man with an aura of discipline and wisdom to him. His graying-brown hair is combed neatly under his teacher's peaked cap, and his stern face gazes over the class, his chestnut eyes analyzing each student.

"Rise," he commands.

The class rises up like dogs being taught tricks. "My name is Tarquin Ashedown. I am your homeroom teacher, and every morning you will report here before the bell rings, lest I punish you for tardiness. Now, I would like all of you to introduce yourselves."

You notice the class being divided into fours: one with ne'er-do-wells, big, rough boys with improper uniform and backward caps. The one next to them is filled with lanky boys and girls, each holding a laptop. The third group is filled with blank-faced people, all staring straight ahead - the rumored "savants" of James Lexon. The group you're in, composed of well-groomed, handsome men and beautiful women. You wonder how you got seated with them: probably because of the massive fortune that your parents left you and your natural cuteness, which unfortunately is more trouble than it's worth.

The first group introduces themselves, but one boy manages to catch the attention of the class. "Sullivan Hellings, at yer service. Remember the name, boys and girls, 'cuz it's the one ya'll gonna be afraid of."

The second group goes next. You're sure they've introduced themselves, but you've forgotten them already. Except one who you kind of remember. "My name is Cade Cullifer. Don't think you can take advantage of me because of my looks, because I have powerful frie-" He is cut short by Hellings making farting sounds. I guess that was why you remember. Luce laughs and fawns over the bad boy.

Oh, please Luce.

The third group goes next. Each introduction sounded more or less the same, except their names. One girl you remember because she had a somewhat normal name. "I am Kyra Black. I specialize in science and mathematics. Pleased to meet you, classmates."

Your group goes last. All of the introductions before you were either self-pompous gloating or high-handed remarks at being classed with everyone else. At least one guy, a tall boy with a handsome face and short, platinum blond hair, had the decency to be polite. "My name is Maximus Mercer, heir to Mercer Sciences. I hope we'll get together as a class, so if you need any help, don't hesitate to find me!"

Your the one next: Introduce yourself! Also, decide actions for recess: Talk to one of the classmates, your teacher, or Luce, or do something else!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 09:22:41 pm »

"I'm Aida Brighton."
A. Lone Wolf [You're best by yourself. You dislike needless interaction and are quick and to the point.]

Afterwards, chat a bit with Luce and maybe Kyra or Cade or someone, if they're nearby. Avoid the bullies.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 06:08:29 am »

Turn I: Recess
"I'm Aida Brighton."

After the speech, you sit down. The class stares at you, expecting more, but Mr. Ashedown just moves on to the next person, giving you a nod. After a few more introductions, the bell finally rings. Mr. Ashedown allows you to leave, but as all of you are new, no one really knows where anything is, so you all stay in class.

You decide to take the corner, pulling out your phone - a signal for Luce to talk to you. You make it look as though you were talking to someone on the phone.

"How do you like a real school, Aida?"

You shrug.

"I LOVE it here! Everything, from the clothes to the air-conditioning. Especially that boy..." she says with a fawning expression watching over Hellings.

"I can't believe you like those kind of guys."

"Hey, look at that." Luce points at one of the bullies picking on a weak, portly boy. Cade Cullifer is trying his hardest to defend him, but that does nothing but grant him a wedgie.

Instinctively, you head over to them. You push the bully, and he lets go of the boy, who falls to the ground and scurries away. Suddenly you feel two arms grab on to you, hoisting you up. The bully gets up and walks towards you.

"Look at this bitch. Thinkin' she can step up to Wade Waters. Tsk." He strokes your hair. "Guess I need to teach ya who the baddest boy is..."

Suddenly a punch lands on his face and sends him flying. Another two punches incapacitate the two bullies holding you.

"I'm the baddest here, ya little shit! Sullivan Hellings! Remember it!"

"Oh, I sure will."

Silence grips the room as Mr. Ashedown suddenly appears in the room. "Hellings, Waters. Both of you, my office, now."

Waters gets up, and as Ashedown leaves, two armored guards wielding electrical batons enter. The Hall Monitors. They beat him back to the ground and haul him outside. The other Monitor goes for Hellings, but he holds his own. It doesn't last and he too is taken. As he passes you, he glares at you.

"Don't think I stopped him cuz you're cute. It's cuz I don't like his methods, and I don't like competetion." He scoffs, but is shocked by the Monitor. You hear them being beaten outside as well.

After the commotion calms down, the class returns to normal. The two nerds from earlier approach you.

"We'd like to thank you for standing up to us. I'm Cade, and this is Martin."

"Ahem." Martin clears his throat.

"Ah, sorry. He wishes to be called Ser Knight." Cade leans over and whispers. "He's a bit dillusional, and takes roleplaying WAY too seriously. If I were you, I'd just go with it."

Marti- err, Ser Knight kneels before you. "My sword is yours, Princess. Use me, discard me, it matters not! I am but a shoddy weapon unfit for your delicate hands, but I shall not disappoint."

"Um, okay?"

Cade stops him and pulls him up. "Seriously, though, thank you. We owe you one."

Relationship:
Cade - Friendly
Martin - Fanatical
Nerds - Aquainted
Hellings - Aquainted

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
Dying of laughter?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 07:24:52 am »

Answering the nerds;
"You do? Keep that in mind then."

Follow-up  towards the two no-name bullies that grabbed us;
"I remember favors - and to repay them."

Glaring is optional, but very encouraged. After we make sure that we remember the bullies' faces, give a curt nod to the nerds and resume our phonecall. Also, remember if we have any active knowledge of the occult - spells, rituals or curses, that kinda stuff.

Not only a lonely wolf, but an occult oddball to boot - hope my idea of that combo is on the money. ;3

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2013, 11:16:53 am »

Answering the nerds;

Glaring is optional, but very encouraged. After we make sure that we remember the bullies' faces, give a curt nod to the nerds and resume our phonecall. Also, remember if we have any active knowledge of the occult - spells, rituals or curses, that kinda stuff.

Not only a lonely wolf, but an occult oddball to boot - hope my idea of that combo is on the money. ;3
+1
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 11:34:08 am »

Waters gets up, and as Ashedown leaves, two armored guards wielding electrical batons enter. The Hall Monitors. They beat him back to the ground and haul him outside. The other Monitor goes for Hellings, but he holds his own. It doesn't last and he too is taken.
[Sullivan] scoffs, but is shocked by the Monitor. You hear them being beaten outside as well.
Hm. This school is either a lawsuit waiting to happen, or doesn't deserve half the prestige it has. Or there's something else going on...

Answering the nerds;

+1
Eh. A bit...selfish, violent, and vindictive for my tastes/vision of Aida. I'd prefer something like:

"Thanks. I'll...keep that in mind."
Don't follow the bullies to the principal's office.
Sig
Pages: [1] 2