Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: PolishedCats - an RPG Maker community Sucession fort.  (Read 855 times)

fredigar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
PolishedCats - an RPG Maker community Sucession fort.
« on: November 22, 2013, 08:02:22 pm »

The first succession fort I've ever done. I'm not sure if this is right spot as this is a Sucession fort on another forum...

Anyway PolishedCats is set in a joyous wilds, tropical freshwater, hilly swamp. Doesn't sound overly exciting; but it will be. The aim is to turn the swamp into a sea of goblins, kobolds and the locals(read: elves) corpses; by relying on serrated traps and later something akin to battlefailed's failcannon. I spent four days reading through the combined .doc file of battlefailed and its five successor forts (all 1280 pages)

The link to the forum thread: http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/19556-anyone-interested-in-a-dwarf-fortress-succession-game/#entry136326

The current list of overseers
1: Fredigar
2: laura yeah right (rpg maker forum) (in progress)
3: (available)
4: (available)

I'll add the save file and my first year; which involve the brink of starvation, lack of overseer's quarters and a stupid broker, who spent three months sitting on her ass dispite being right next to the depot.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:26:31 pm by fredigar »

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
Re: PolishedCats - an RPG Maker Sucession fort.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 09:23:55 pm »

I was like "RPG Maker Sucession fort? How does that even work...?" and now I'm like "Oh, that's it? That guy should fix the title :|"

fredigar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PolishedCats - an RPG Maker community Sucession fort.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 09:30:04 pm »

Just changed the title to avoid confusion. But DF turned into an RPG Maker game.
RPG Maker VX Ace cancels develop Dwarf Fortress RPG: Driven Insane
RPG Maker VX Ace has gone stark, raving mad!
RPG Maker VX Ace has been struck down by Dwarf Fortress. Or something like that.

fredigar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PolishedCats - an RPG Maker community Sucession fort.
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 09:49:46 pm »

OOC: I don't know how to add spoiler tags to pictures.

The zipped .rar file of Polished cats itself http://rapidshare.com/share/FF698C0A1197106BE657D364DBCE6C89

I'll post the first year's results, nothing hazardous yet... only two kobold thieves made off with a sock and the other stole some tetrahedrite  ore which when smelted yields mostly copper with a 20% chance of silver.

I tried to follow a basic journal style.

1st Granite 251 – Early Spring

I had a very odd dream the other day, a stout fortress made of polished metal cats… Her Grace, Queen Thîkut Nokgolrakust has condemned me as a madman and has banished me to the northern swamps to live out my days in exile… I’m not someone to be trifled with; for I and the six random beggars, cut-throats and thieves have a surprise in store for the queen and everyone who has ever despised us. A vision of paradise, a utopia where everyone is equal in the eyes of Armok, the god of Blood!

We travelled northwards to a forested swampland; my device indicates it to be a ‘joyous wilds’ biome; everything is utterly adorable well expect the tribe of thrips people who are the opposite. Our wagon consists of two kittens, two hens and a rooster chick; a breeding pair of yaks, us, copper picks and axes; a month’s worth of supplies and seeds for farming.

I have designated trees to be chopped down, and two tunnels to be bored into the rock below us, one more or less straight, the other a winding, recursive death trap to be lined with traps.

8th Slate 251 – Mid Spring

I made a mistake when marking out the mining area; which will be the courtyard, so instead of an open air yard; now turned into an overhang. Joy. I damaged the muscles in my hands and lower back because the area I was working on collapsed about 15 or so times throughout the day.

11th Slate 251 – Mid Spring

I and another miner are nearing completing the basic apartments, meeting hall, workshops and primary storeroom. Some of the proletariat are setting up farms so that we can have food and booze as our stocks are running low. The thrips tribe are cautious, almost as if they have never seen a dwarf before.

9th Felsite 251 – Late Spring

Not much to report other than we have moved all supplies underground and we have started to smooth down all walls in the fort.

1st Hematite 251 – Early Summer

It is now summer and everyone is hard at work, mostly clearing rock. I have further designated more bedrooms, a barracks, and extra noble/legendary dwarfs’ quarters.

15th Malachite 251 – Mid Summer

Good news, more of the oppressed proletariat have joined our cause. Only five new citizens have been welcomed with open arms to PolishedCats and have now been tasked with hauling the vast amounts of rock which litter our fortress. The manager has been given the task of compiling the fort’s records; each and every single item is to be recorded as to ensure the greatest accuracy in the entire world. Also of note my birthday is five days away... I'll be turning eighty something... rather young for a dwarf.

20th Galenta 251 – Late Summer

Thief, a kobold thief threatens Polished Cats! We have no militia, and only one weapon trap. Hopefully it takes a rock.

18th Sandstone 251 – Mid Autumn

There wasn’t much to write since the kobold thief, but today we have two more migrants and that’s brings our population to 14... somehow a breeding pair of fluffy wamblers eluded our guards and animals and have made their home amongst our food stockpile.

16th Timber 251 – Late Autumn

Finally merchants from the capital have arrived; we can exchange our overabundance of gems for food, booze, animals and other important trade goods.

16th Moonstone 251 – Early Winter

Damn it! The broker sat around doing nothing while the merchants waited… well he was replaced by a farmer. We managed to sell eight featherwood logs and two featherwood barrels for five wheels of yak cheese. No booze, seeds, or tools just some cheese.

Hopefully we can get more items next year. From the other factions; like the humans… But there is some good news, our total wealth is now 25,864 dwarf bucks. Not bad for a pile of rock.

1st Granite 252 – Early Spring

It has been a long first year, and we have achieved quite a lot. We now have an underground farm, protective traps and walls, metal ready for crafting and some very fine engravings adorn our walls. Although I had hoped that someone could have notified me that our faction’s (The Unseen Towers) device was a gizzard stone… I shall see that preparations are made for the next overseer. whoever they may be...

The fortress as it stands at the end of the first year.