Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: (ISG)Goofy Rougelike II: Antman Summoner  (Read 23511 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG)Goofy Rougelike II: Antman Summoner
« Reply #195 on: December 03, 2013, 09:07:08 am »

Actually, a good hit from one of the treehuggers could cost oscar one of his lifes, whereas the others all could take but the nastiest of crits. I say we let our primary offensive caster fall back for now. Else agreement from my side.

On another matter, I say that no blame falls on you, gwg - while we, as per saying, should have seen that one coming, its just Weirdsound being "resourcefull". Since we seem to get bow-stuff, which suits Ithan well, its not that a big deal / loss either.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 03, 2013, 10:08:55 am »

Sorry GWG, didn't mean to offend, friends?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 03, 2013, 12:08:40 pm »

Ithan: Summon Silver Wyrmling in front of loot cave without stepping in front of it yourself, as we need a proper meatsheild to ensure no party member is a victim of the punished elf. We have no idea what kinda loot is in there, but I think we should play it safe. Additionally, it will give everyone the bonus AC, which could come in handy.

Otherwise, +1 to everything Gold said.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 03, 2013, 01:31:37 pm »

Actually, a good hit from one of the treehuggers could cost oscar one of his lifes, whereas the others all could take but the nastiest of crits. I say we let our primary offensive caster fall back for now. Else agreement from my side.
So much for drama. Fair.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 04, 2013, 01:19:54 am »

Just a quick housekeeping sort of update. There seems to be a tie over Ithan's action, and usualy in that situation I just pick randomly or the one I like best. But one of the tied actions involves blowing a once per dungeon spell, and I'm not going to use one of those on a tie. If it ain't broken by the time I'm ready for my next post, I'll default to the one that doesn't involve the wyrmling.

Also, it is the last week of school, and I have much work to do before the semester ends. Also I am traveling this weekend. With that in mind, updates are going to slow down a bit or even stop. In all likelihood expect one tomorrow, possibly one over the weekend if I have internet access, and one on Monday. Regular pace should resume sometime between next Tuesday and next Thursday.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 01:21:35 am by Weirdsound »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 04, 2013, 04:29:45 am »

I says save the spell.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 04, 2013, 08:36:15 am »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 04, 2013, 09:23:46 am »

A passing Waddle Dee notices something in the thread. He produces a parchment, a bottle of ink and a feather, and begins to write something. He then hands the note to Weridound:

The note reads:

Dear Weirdsound:

I do believe that I have found a little mistake in the past turn. As we all know, one of the several quests our main character currently has, one of them implies ending the lives of elves to raise a probabilities of success of a mission. After a brief search, I could notice that in the last turn, the life of one elf has come to an end, but the probabilities of success haven't increased.

If my reasoning is correct, then the chance of success should be of 65%, instead of the current 58%.

I hope that this has been of help. I wish fortune to you and this fine game of yours.

After that, the Waddle Dee moves his arm in a goodbye fashion and calmly waddles away.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 04, 2013, 11:38:28 am »

I says save the spell.
+1
I'll +1 this too, even though the opposing suggestion was mine. I'm just really nervous about letting anyone step in front of the cave.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 04, 2013, 03:07:59 pm »

Chapter 1: Garden Gambit

Turn 19

Ignacio: Fastball Special
Wishbone: Fastball Special
Ithan: Shoot the Elf
Oscar: Pin the hopefully-surviving elf.

*Hissss* "How the heck is a housecat supposed to pin a full sized elf?"

"Phew... I was scared there for a second." *mewl*

+1 Chemistry between Oscar and Escaped Lurker!

"On three then Wishbone... We attack. 1..."

"2..."

"3! Hello, My name is Ignacio de la Construcción la Obra Maestra y la Mejor de la Piedra Arenisca! A member of your race destroyed my partner! Prepare to die!"

"Oh! Oh! Princess Bride Reference! Princess Bride Reference! Lemeee try! *ahem* THE DREAD TURKEY WISHBONE TAKES NO PRISONERS!"

"Wishbone and Ignacio charge the remaining elf with swords, wings, sandstone, and beaks! Since they have no teamwork feat or other mechanic that lets them attack 'together' per say, I will have to roll and compute the attacks separately. I will however keep the mechanical stuff under the hood this time, and assuming all goes well flavor it as an awesome combo.

Ignacio reaches the Elf first, and tosses him straight up into the air where Wishbone is waiting. The Skturkey Monk unloads his patented 'Wing of the Autumn Stuffing' technique on the elf, scoring direct zen hits to the head, torso, and lower regions of his foe before meteor spiking it back down, where it lands impaled on Ignacio's waiting sword."

Ignacio pushes the elf from his blade. It slumps to the ground, and remains there. Dead.

+7% Quest Success Rate!

"Hooray! We win! Now I can get my level up!"

"Not so fast! I believe you are forgetting something Oscar!

The last remaining elf exits the loot cave! He is now equipped with better gear and a high level of confidence!

Mini-Boss Syn Greene, The Deceitful has entered the battle!"

"Thanks for the loot dudes! I bet between this and killing you all they'll promote me to dungeon level 2 duty and I'll make full Symbiote in a week!"

"Looks like all he got is a new annoying Font Color, and a pog reused from the last game! This should be a piece of cake! Lets go get him!"
----

Party Information and Bestiary:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battlemap:

Town/Dungeon Map:

---

Quote from: Strange Note From a Waddle Dee
Dear Weirdsound:

I do believe that I have found a little mistake in the past turn. As we all know, one of the several quests our main character currently has, one of them implies ending the lives of elves to raise a probabilities of success of a mission. After a brief search, I could notice that in the last turn, the life of one elf has come to an end, but the probabilities of success haven't increased.

If my reasoning is correct, then the chance of success should be of 65%, instead of the current 58%.

I hope that this has been of help. I wish fortune to you and this fine game of yours.

"Mistake fixed... And Holy shit guys... I think a certain anti-hero from a certain video game Universe might be following my game and sending me fan mail via minion-o-gram! I should reply!"

*Weirdsound jots down a note, places it in an envelope, and seals it in wax*

"Hrmm... lets see. What minions do have have? Huh, it looks like the only eligible minions I have in my minion repository are the dead characters from these games... which leaves me with two choices: Amelia or Gronk. Which should I send on a perilous multiverse spanning delivery adventure?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 04, 2013, 03:15:24 pm »

*Hissss* "How the heck is a housecat supposed to pin a full sized elf?"
The idea was that the elf would be pretty close to dead due to being attacked by the entire party.

"Oh! Oh! Princess Bride Reference! Princess Bride Reference! Lemeee try! *ahem* THE DREAD TURKEY WISHBONE TAKES NO PRISONERS!"
Not bad, Wishbone. Much better than what I thought you said at first--"Dead Turkey Wishbone" is just cheesy.

Mini-Boss Syn Greene, The Deceitful has entered the battle!"[/glow]

"Thanks for the loot dudes! I bet between this and killing you all they'll promote me to dungeon level 2 duty and I'll make full Symbiote in a week!"
YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE LOOT, NOT A MINIBOSS!

"Hrmm... lets see. What minions do have have? Huh, it looks like the only eligible minions I have in my minion repository are the dead characters from these games... which leaves me with two choices: Amelia or Gronk. Which should I send on a perilous multiverse spanning delivery adventure?"[/glow]
Amelia. She should enjoy the menial duty.
Sig

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 04, 2013, 04:11:34 pm »

I vote for sending Amelia, I feel kind of bad for having her killed so early in the story last time, Need any help summoning her?
So how are you today?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 04, 2013, 04:39:34 pm »

I vote for sending Amelia, I feel kind of bad for having her killed so early in the story last time, Need any help summoning her?

"Nah. I got this. I remember a couple players were fighting over her soul, but I was smart and remembered to back that up. What I do need however are actions for the main party. Since turns will be coming slowly this week, and nobody can reach the Mini-boss next turn, feel free to post actions for 2-3 rounds instead of just one."

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 04, 2013, 05:02:45 pm »

Okay, first off, Ignacio has an amazing full name, and I will not ruin it by running that through google translate.

As for what to do in battle, I am at school, and cant see the map. It seems to me, however, that the best possible plan of action is summoning a guardian angel near Oscar, and let him walk into puff of flame range with the angel tanking hits for him. Syn is still an Elven Symbiote Aspirant, and as such still has the fire weakness. A soul burner puff of flame should do the trick. We just need oscar to get in range safely.

Send Amelia on the adventure, as we could still have some chance of bringing Gronk back.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21