Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: (ISG)Goofy Rougelike II: Antman Summoner  (Read 23533 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG)Goofy Rougelike II: Antman Summoner
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2013, 03:48:25 pm »

Fuck everone else save the golem twins from destruction!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2013, 04:12:23 pm »

Okay

Gronk: Punch other Doggy.
Oscar: Soul burner puff of flame on the Elf attacking Ithan
Ithan move to the left and uses necklace of summoning Hellhound next to the elf near Ignacio
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2013, 08:20:29 pm »

What part of "or Brute Strength" did you not understand? Oh well.

Ignacio: Retreat. Provide exposition on repairing golems.
Ithan: Retreat! Retreat!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2013, 10:19:48 pm »

Chapter 1: Garden Gambit

Turn 9

Gronk: Punch other Doggy.
Oscar: Soul burner puff of flame on the Elf attacking Ithan

Then have Ithan move to the left and use necklace of summoning Hellhound next to the elf near Ignacio

"A solid set of suggestions... Lets see if we can get the party out of this Jam. The plan all hinges on Oscar avoiding an AoO from the elf he is trying to cook. Oscar has the Fire Aura, so his chances  of evasion are pretty good with an AC of 20. The Elf's minimum damage will be enough to kill him if it hits.

Oscar begins chanting a terrible incantation to channel a part of his very soul into the next spell...

The elf swings its sword. It rolls a 14. Its attack bonus is +6. Its target is 20... The most important roll of the game so far is a TIE!

...Luckily ties always go to the PCs! Oscar gets some hair cut off his tail, but is otherwise fine. He releases the spell."

"Ohohohoh... You are one dead elf! Mew, Purrin, *hiss*, BURN!"

"Oscar releases a crackling fireball and hurls it at the elf. Point blank range. Oscar's Soulburner ability quadruples his damage, and quadruple the minimum damage of Oscar's Puff of Flame spell is enough to kill the target... but Imma roll anyway. Its a 6. Maximum damage, quadrupled to 24! 24 damage to the elf!

The Elven Fencer has been roasted down at the subatomic level!
Quest Success Rate increased by 7%
Oscar has used an Extra Life!

"He...heh... Gotcha. You are safe Mr. Ant. Heh..."

"Shit... Nice shot. My turn! Tu mihi visum est valde! Canis meus ad terram prosternent te, novum autem penitus aboleatur!"

"After a quick dash to the left, Ithan's necklace glows, and another hell hound pops into the world in a cloud of vile smoke!

Luckily for all non-elven parties involved, the Hell Hound decides to use its Firebreath spell! This provokes an Attack of Opprotunity of course, but Firebreath still works if the caster dies while casting. The Elf swings at the Hell Hound as it opens its mouth, and barely hits the summon with a roll after bonus of 14!

The Hound takes three damage, and then unleashes a cone of fire in the swordself's face! Following Oscar's lead, it also rolls maximum damage: 14.

The other elf has also been burnt to a crisp!
Quest Success Rate increased by 7%

The last remaining Jackal now has to survive attacks from both Gronk and the Naughty Tentacle. Gronk attacks first, but rolls a 6. His large stone hands crash harmlessly into the ground. The Tentacle then lashes out at the canine! It rolls an 11, just missing the target.

The Jackal decides to risk an AoO from Gronk to get out of Melee range! Gronk takes full advantage of the second chance and does not miss. The attack roll is an 18, and the Golem slugs the dog-priest in the back with a massive fist, dealing 4 damage!

With all its allies dead, and its hitpoints reduced to 1, the Jackal kneels in surrender!"

"Doggy give up! Should Gronk punch it dead?"

"Regardless of what happens to the dog, you get the following loot! Also, everybody levels up!"

Loot:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Level Ups:

----

Party Information and Bestiary:

Battlemap:

Town/Dungeon Map:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 10:43:50 pm by Weirdsound »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2013, 10:41:14 pm »

Gronk and Ignacio should decide what to do with the dog. If there's a tie, Oscar can break it. If the dog is alive and non-crippled after that, though, we need some way to make sure it doesn't betray us.

Ithan: The Spell Slot and the Divine Blessing both sound good.
Oscar: Given the utility of the ability, he should get an Extra Life.
Gronk: Elemental Protection [Sandstone], since it should come up more than elements.
Ignacio: Construct Reliability, largely in hopes of unlocking some sort of fighting style.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2013, 10:59:27 pm »

Ithan: Unholy Regeneration, as he could use it.
Other than that, +1 to everything Gold said.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2013, 11:03:37 pm »

Ithan: Unholy Regeneration, as he could use it.
I would have agreed, but that requires a specific set of circumstances. I'm a bit leery of choosing that over a guaranteed boost to AC and damage for everyone.
Sig

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2013, 11:26:26 pm »

Ithan: The Spell Slot and the Divine Blessing both sound good.
Oscar: Given the utility of the ability, he should get an Extra Life.
Gronk: Elemental Protection [Sandstone], since it should come up more than elements.
Ignacio: Construct Reliability, largely in hopes of unlocking some sort of fighting style.
+1

Poor Ignacio, such foul luck. It is good that you weren't killed!

Quickly, Ithan, Summon a Guardian Angel and have it heal Ignacio. And then the rest of the party, I suppose.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2013, 11:34:51 pm »

Quickly, Ithan, Summon a Guardian Angel and have it heal Ignacio. And then the rest of the party, I suppose.
Why didn't I think of that? Oh yeah, I haven't read the summons' sheets...
+1
Sig

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2013, 11:35:04 pm »

Keep the Jackal. It is always good to have a rep of kindness. It will also make all future retellings of your potentially evil deeds less believable.
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2013, 02:56:56 am »

Chapter 1: Garden Gambit

Turn 10

Poor Ignacio, such foul luck. It is good that you weren't killed!

"I... I'd say that the proper term for the end of a golem is... destroyed... but... but... I'm in no... shape to argue... semantics. Summon that healer... please."

"Right. Here goes! Laesi, me quia homo peccator sum! Primum cum ve ignorando secundus!"

A tiny figure appears in a cloud of golden glitter! It flies slowly around the room, dispensing heals at its own pace while giving the entire party a fire and brimstone lecture on morality! Luckily said lecture is in Latin, so everybody but Ithan is spared from having to understand it.

By the time the Angel has exhausted its magical supply it has restored all of Ignacio's HP and most of Ithan's. With only two healing spells at the summon's disposal, Gronk is completely left out, and his damage remains untended to. The Angel then dramatically ascends into the heavens from whence it came.

Gronk and Ignacio should decide what to do with the dog. If there's a tie, Oscar can break it. If the dog is alive and non-crippled after that, though, we need some way to make sure it doesn't betray us.

"Oh! Oh! Can Gronk keep it? Can Gronk keep it? Imma wash it, brush it, hug it real tight, feed it only the best rocks and gems, and call it Lil'Gronk! We be best friends! Forever!"

"I feel that disgusting beast deserves the most horrible fate imaginable... So yes Gronk. You can keep it. Forever."

"Yay! Yay! Yay! HOOOOOOORAY! NEW FRIEND FOR GRONK!"

Lil'Gronk, Jackal Life Priest has joined the party!

"Arf! Yip!"

Lil'Gronk casts Lesser Healing upon itself, and returns to full HP!

"Alright guys. Time for some housekeeping.

Level ups have been compiled. Check the character sheets to see who got what where it isn't obvious from the voting.

Since we have more than four party members now, I have enabled the party inventory. Check it out, but remember that you have no access to stuff in the party inventory during battle, so if you want to use it, have a character claim it!

Also I have put up the dungeon map down under the last spoiler. So feel free to choose what room to visit next. Also, since there are only four party members allowed per battle, choose who gets to sit out for the next fight.

Lastly, it is Thanksgiving here in America! To celebrate, I'm going to share some leftovers with you all! Choose a Holiday Bonus from the list below! I'll put your prize in the party inventory. The special ration you choose will have a surprise inside when it is consumed!"

Holiday Bonuses!

----

Party Information and Bestiary:

Battlemap:

Town/Dungeon Map:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 03:45:16 am by Weirdsound »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2013, 03:28:49 am »

Cornocupia of Turkey

Happy Thanksgiving, Weirdsound!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2013, 05:30:02 am »

Congratulations Ithan, you have summoned a fine Angel there. Now, since you are such a nice fella, try to treat the dog with respect and gift it to Gronk. He seems to be fond of the doggie.

And Oscar, wouldn't it be nice to have a dog to boss around. You were thinking it too I suppose.

Ignacio, your well mannered demeanor should allow you to let the creature live I suppose.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2013, 09:36:16 am »

((A bit of calculation indicates that you live on the West coast and typed it in the last minutes before Friday came, or that you posted it after it was already Friday.))

Turkey and Stuffing Cornucopia.

And for the next room...let's take Ithan, the golems, and Oscar.
Sig

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2013, 11:25:19 am »

Go the the forward right room, with the cornucopia of turkey meat and Everyone but Gronk.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21