Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: (ISG)Goofy Rougelike II: Antman Summoner  (Read 23501 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG)Goofy Rougelike II: Antman Summoner
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2013, 02:52:28 pm »

Just to clarify, I want to go get the time-traveling space marine. But we can bring our new cat friend along.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2013, 03:06:24 pm »

Hey Ajax, what happened to you guys?

"We got through that dungeon you left us in and found the Viceroy's castle, but there were too many guards outside and nobody knew of any secret entrances. We decided to go our separate ways rather than commit suicide by demon hoard.

I know Kenji had some sort of plan to raise an army and take advantage of the chaos to carve himself a kingdom. The halfling went with him, she had quite the lust for power considering she was a paladin. I suspect she would have fallen from grace by now.

Rave and Gladys live in the area and are still somehow together. Rave is going for his PHD at the academy, and is teaching introductory classes on Dark Magic to make ends meet. I bet he'd give a party member without a class some free lessons if you can talk your way onto the campus. Gladys has settled down as a bandit leader and bonus boss on the second floor of the Mild River dungeon. I doubt she'd cut you any slack in battle.

The Kobolds and their robot stayed with us for awhile as well. They did odd jobs around town to grind levels and then cleared the first three floors of the Pharaoh's Garden, which granted them an audience with an Elven Lord. He must have threatened them or given them a major quest, because they left town heading north shortly after that. Flesh-Feaster has become a Reaper, which is a divinely enhanced melee class that works in the service of the God Who Must Not Be Named. Dredbot managed to get some good hardware upgrades, but as far as I know he dosn't have a class yet.

I managed free the armies from their bottles. We have several garrisons set up in various locations. I am the commanding officer in charge of Fort Charlie, located just across the Borderland Caves, but I usually delegate admin work to my underlings because I prefer field work. You can usually find me in the lands of the Fey, Elves, or Dwarves."
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 03:08:09 pm by Weirdsound »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2013, 03:37:04 pm »

Why not all three? Pick up the cat, quickly do his quest, head to the North Exit, do that quest, then take the letter to the dwarven settlement.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2013, 04:42:23 pm »

Why not all three? Pick up the cat, quickly do his quest, head to the North Exit, do that quest, then take the letter to the dwarven settlement.

+1
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2013, 05:10:10 pm »

Prelude: Unwarm Welcome

Turn 6

Splendid!

Recruit feline, head to north exit for mechanist quest. Hopefully this won't delay us from finding Ithan's Staff of Power for more than one dungeon trip.

"Yay! I can stay! You'll protect me from those wicked catnappers! This is *purrrrr*fect! I'll give it my all for you in combat, but just don't get me killed too often."

Oscar the Awakened Cat Fire Elementalist has joined the party!

"Let me get this straight, you have expendable extra lives and a new spellbook for the collection? I think we will get along!"

"As long as you and your big tough summons protect my last life and don't let those bastards take me alive, we can be best friends!" *Mewl*

"Great! Lets go figure out what that machine wants of us then!"

"You head to towards the north exit. Just inside the gate you spot the creature beckoning into a run-down shack. Inside you find seven more just like it. If this is an ambush, you are dead meat."

Query Identified: Antman. Level 3 Summoner. Running Exposition.exe; "GREETINGS. GLAD YOU COULD MAKE IT. THE PLAN IS AS FOLLOWS: THE CREATOR IS BEING HELD IN THE PALACE PRISON. WE WISH TO STORM THE PLACE AND FREE HIM. WE HAVE CALCULATED OUR ODDS OF SUCCESS TO BE 2%. IT WILL BE YOUR JOB TO RAISE THOSE ODDS.

BUDGET CONSTRAINTS HAVE FORCED TO ELVES WHO FIGHT CHALLENGERS IN THE PHARAOH'S GARDEN DUNGEON TO DOUBLE AS PERIMETER GUARDS AND FIRST RESPONDENTS FOR THE PRISON. YOUR JOB WILL BE TO MAKE A LEGITIMATE CHALLENGE OF THE DUNGEON AND NEUTRALIZE AS MANY ELVES AS POSSIBLE WHILE YOU ARE THERE. EACH ELF YOU KILL ON THE FIRST FLOOR WILL INCREASE OUR ODDS BY 7%. EACH ELF YOU KILL ON THE SECOND FLOOR WILL INCREASE OUR ODDS BY 14%. THE ELVES BEYOND THE SECOND FLOOR ARE LIKELY TOO MUCH FOR YOUR CURRENT PARTY.

WE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH 10gp FOR SUPPLIES AND A FLARE GUN. BUY WHAT YOU NEED, HEAD TO THE EAST EXIT, TAKE THE CHALLENGE, AND RAISE OUR ODDS OF SUCCESS. WHEN YOU HAVE DONE ALL YOU CAN, FIRE THE FLARE SKYWARD TO SIGNAL OUR ATTACK ON THE PRISON. SHOULD WE SUCCEED, WE WILL INFORM THE CREATOR OF YOUR ROLE IN THE PLAN, AND SUGGEST THAT HE LEAVE WHATEVER REWARD HE FEELS YOU DESERVE AT OUR PRESENT LOCATION. THE CREATOR IS A FAIR MAN; YOU SHOULD GET SOMETHING NICE.

AS AN ADDED BONUS, IT IS LIKELY THAT THE ELVES WILL NOT BE MADE AWARE OF YOUR ROLE. IF YOU COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE YOU CAN GAIN ACCESS TO THE PALACE, OR EVEN A PRIVATE AUDIENCE WITH AN ELVEN NOBLE IF YOU CAN CLEAR MULTIPLE FLOORS."

+10 GP!
+A Single Use Flare Gun!

"Okay. So basically I just have to go into a dungeon and stick around until my summons splatter enough elves. Should be simple enough. Do I need to get anything done in town first? Or is it onward to domination?"

----

Party Information and Bestiary:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Battlemap:

Town/Dungeon Map:

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2013, 05:17:57 pm »

Ask if we can borrow some of his friends to go with us.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2013, 05:25:23 pm »

Anyone else hoping we meet more of the old party?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2013, 05:32:03 pm »

Ask if we can borrow some of his friends to go with us.

"Hey, there isn't any chance that you can spare some of your fellow machines to assist me?"

Analysis(request); Results=Unreasonable; Run Denied.exe "SORRY. WE NEED ALL SCRAP BEAST UNITS TO STORM THE PRISON. ALSO, THE ELVES MIGHT CATCH ON TO WHAT IS HAPPENING IF ANY OF THE CREATOR'S CHILDREN ATTEMPT TO CHALLENGE THE GARDEN."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2013, 05:34:38 pm »

Since we're no longer in basement-dungeon and in town instead shouldn't our spells reset?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2013, 05:43:21 pm »

We're being paid well enough that I think we should buy the pair of golems and a healing mushroom. Then accept the challenge.

Since we're no longer in basement-dungeon and in town instead shouldn't our spells reset?
We'd need to rest first.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2013, 05:49:50 pm »

Yeah. The spells-per-dungeon thing is an artifact from the first game. Here spells reset when you pay to rest somewhere.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2013, 05:51:44 pm »

I think we should ditch Summon Possessor and replace it with Where Did That Lighter Fluid Come From? The possessor is only once per dungeon, and with so many things immune to it, it may not be worth it all that often. WDTLFCF? however, can be used in combination with any of Oscars spells, and will likely net us two free kills a dungeon. I am really looking forward to seeing Oscar in combat. He looks incredible on paper.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2013, 06:24:40 pm »

Actually, yeah, go with what nuclearwhale said.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2013, 06:33:18 pm »

Hey Ithan, being the powe-player you are it should be easy for you to defeat at least 10 of the elves on the first floor. You should try to summon holy angelic beings though, as they are more reliable than hellish fiends.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2013, 07:05:58 pm »

I think we should ditch Summon Possessor and replace it with Where Did That Lighter Fluid Come From? The possessor is only once per dungeon, and with so many things immune to it, it may not be worth it all that often.

I disagree. A) We don't know the rules on spell slot swapping, but the new one was specifically referred to as a two-use slot. Combined with it being an off-class spell, we'd likely only get one use per dungeon. B) That's nearly a point-blank range spell. C) Judging by last round, bosses will probably come with adds who aren't immune to possess. It would be wonderful against a tank boss with a couple high-DPS friends behind it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21