Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21

Author Topic: (ISG)Goofy Rougelike II: Antman Summoner  (Read 23504 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG)Goofy Rougelike II: Antman Summoner
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2013, 07:13:25 pm »

Is there any reason you shouldn't learn from the book?

Sell everything except for the book at the bazaar, and see if there's anything interesting for sale.
+1, and to clarify, read the book.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2013, 02:24:12 am »

Prelude: Unwarm Welcome

Turn 4

Quote from: Everybody and their Mum
Read the newb book!

"You sit in the strange basement, among the corpses of those who would have murderobbed you, and browse the spellbook they left behind. It contains all the spells the n00b knew, as well as a couple other ones. None of them however are summoning spells, so they will be a bit troubling to figure out how to cast. I have added a spell library page to the Wiki, so you can check the new spells there. I'll tell you guys how to change spells out for one another next time you rest somewhere."

"Sweet. Some of these could have some use. I can see how the lighterfluid spell may work with a Hellhound! What should I do next?"

"Sell everything except for the book at the bazaar, and see if there's anything interesting for sale."

"Alright, to the Bazaar it is then!" *Walkwalkwalk* "Hello, I'd like to sell some crap I plucked off some newbs!"

"I can give you 3 gold for that. It ain't nothing special."

"Works for me. What do you have in stock?"

"In your price-range, not much, but let me show you anyway..."

You have sold all the loot except the book for 3 Gold!

Bazaar Stock:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Thank you for your bigoted sales pitch. You will be the first to die when I take over. Anyhow, I will defer to the players on what to buy, and will make a payment and take delivery via Retcon. If you excuse me, I must be off; nuclearwhale, who has no avatar to quote, wants me to check out the slums."

"It has been a pleasure doing business with you."

"You finish up with the shop keeper and head into the slums. This part of the city is run down and full of partygoers, the poor, ethnic minorities, and guards fishing for arrests. You will have to tread carefully."

Services Available Here:

"Head to the temple and look for some certain gods of chaos and destruction WinkWinkNudgeNidge!"

"Alright. I guess I'll take care of business in the slums via Retcon as well... Temple-Ho!"

"The temple is an eloborate structure made of clear glass that seems to have been enchanted to stay cool and resist the greenhouse effect. Within are the altars to three gods. Sadly, as you discover, the elves like gaining power through the acquirement of new knowledge, and are not a fan of destroying that which they may find useful; therefore none of the gods present represent destruction.

A character can sacrifice a dove at an altar to join a religion or take a religious class. People who join a religion gain a new spell and/or ability every 3-5 levels so long as they don't go out of their way to grossly offend their god. You can't take a divine class until you find a way to open up a new class slot. The temple sells doves to sacrifice for the ripoff price of 15 gp."

Altars Present:

"Perhaps we should wait on getting me born again and whatnot. I'm sure we can find free doves and better gods in the various dungeons... Honestly, this place kinda sucks!"

"Yeah. It kinda does. But the temple has one more thing going for it. It is where the players can beg me for charity. The first time you visit a new full scale temple with three altars, I'll give you all some sort of boon or advantage if you are willing to lower yourself to admitting you need it.

So, I guess that leaves the question then; How do you spend your money, and are you going to beg me for a handout?"

----

Party Information and Bestiary:

Battlemap:

Town/Dungeon Map:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 12:09:24 pm by Weirdsound »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2013, 04:13:04 am »

Don't worry guys, I'll get us that boon! Taking one for the team!

Oh Weirdsound, Cheesecake offers his body to your fickleness in exchange for the boon!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2013, 04:30:20 am »

Powergamer. No do not beg for help... Antman is not a worm like that. He is a true hero.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2013, 04:50:28 am »

Is that you, Weirdsound? O_o

I must say you look pretty handsome.

This is a PTW in disguise.
ACT NATURAL
DON'T PANIC

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2013, 05:13:24 am »

This is a PTW in disguise.
ACT NATURAL
DON'T PANIC

We get a bonus out of this right?  :P
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2013, 08:43:25 am »

Oh magnificent Weirdsound, weaver of fine tales, dread vanquisher of countless boredoms, I implore you to grant Ithan another spell slot, so that he may more effortlessly power through the early parts of his quest to become the most powerful entity in the universe.

I think we should go wander through the slums to find a meatshield. (I don't think we need anything from the bazaar. If we can't force anyone more useful into absorbing hits then maybe, but I like the odds from the slums. The book looks about as valuable as buying into a ponzi scheme.)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2013, 09:42:51 am »

Powergamer. No do not beg for help... Antman is not a worm like that. He is a true hero.

It is not our future overlord who is begging - it is us. A good chance to get into his good graces, you see? Start begging to bestow a boon upon him now - being allowed to live as one of his slaves might be quite far-fetched, a slightly less painful death should be about middle-ground. No guarantees thou.

To the gracefull implier of implications, To the wearer of an almost clever disguise, To the one crafting the meta-drenched ... eh, screw that. Weirdsound - the above paragraph also applies to you, y'know. Better get some brownie-points before it is too late! Giving Ithan the inherent ability to keep his summons for two battles sounds about right. Don't screw this up man - we don't want to get onto our future rulers bad side. I am looking out for you, you hear me?!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2013, 01:47:11 pm »

Prelude: Unwarm Welcome

Turn 5

Oh Weirdsound, Cheesecake offers his body to your fickleness in exchange for the boon!

"Sorry. My lawyer advises against accepting flesh sacrifices, and my doctor advises me to lay off the Cheesecake. That shit is fattening. Denied!"

"Thanks. The pictures are me, as I appeared in late July a few days before the first GRL died. I have since lost the Fedora."
Oh golly gosh. 0.0. A girl just called me handsome. Keep calm and don't do anything weird, Weird.

It is not our future overlord who is begging - it is us. A good chance to get into his good graces, you see? Start begging to bestow a boon upon him now - being allowed to live as one of his slaves might be quite far-fetched, a slightly less painful death should be about middle-ground. No guarantees thou.

To the gracefull implier of implications, To the wearer of an almost clever disguise, To the one crafting the meta-drenched ... eh, screw that. Weirdsound - the above paragraph also applies to you, y'know. Better get some brownie-points before it is too late! Giving Ithan the inherent ability to keep his summons for two battles sounds about right. Don't screw this up man - we don't want to get onto our future rulers bad side. I am looking out for you, you hear me?!

"Are you implying that I'm not powerful enough to keep Ithan on his side of my hardly existent fourth wall?"

"He is. And he is right. Give me summons that last two battles, and I promise to kill you  quickly."

"Yeah.... how bout no. Summons lasting two battles is a bit much methinks. Denied!"

"Shoot. It was a good try Lurker. Thanks anyway."

+1 Chemistry between Ithan and escaped lurker!

Oh magnificent Weirdsound, weaver of fine tales, dread vanquisher of countless boredoms, I implore you to grant Ithan another spell slot, so that he may more effortlessly power through the early parts of his quest to become the most powerful entity in the universe.

I think we should go wander through the slums to find a meatshield. (I don't think we need anything from the bazaar. If we can't force anyone more useful into absorbing hits then maybe, but I like the odds from the slums. The book looks about as valuable as buying into a ponzi scheme.)

"See, now that is grade-a groveling right there Nirur. You have delivered the perfect amount of flattery combined with a reasonable request. I grant this request!

I hearby bestow upon Ithan an additional 2 use per dungeon spell slot, and fill it with a spell of my choosing! Beware, Since you don't have a book for the new spell, it is lost forever if it is ever rotated off of Ithan's spell list, but the spell slot will last forever!"

Ithan has gained a new Spell Slot!
Ithan has learned Locust Swarm Strike!

"Sweet. Thanks Nirur! This spell could be fun! Anyway, time for me to hit up the slums?"

+1 Chemistry between Nirur Torir and Ithan!

"Indeed. You spend some time in the slums, visiting party houses and buying cheap drugs and sex for who you hope are the people in the know. Your efforts pay off, and the people (and things) you meet have the following interesting information and offers!"

-3 Gold

Gather Information Results:

"One quest, one potential recruit, and one quest for a potential recruit. Not a bad day's work if I say so myself. I guess I should think about getting out of town soon, especially if I take that cat. What am I doing next guys?"

----

Party Information and Bestiary:

Battlemap:

Town/Dungeon Map:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 01:50:19 pm by Weirdsound »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2013, 02:06:06 pm »

Cats are awesome, talking ones doubly so.

The mechie quest seem like it might be good.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2013, 02:08:39 pm »

I liked Ajax so, I suggest we go get ourselves a time-traveling space marine.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2013, 02:14:31 pm »

Cats are awesome, talking ones doubly so.

"Thanks. I feel the same about people who fly around on soul eating horses!" *Mewl*

+1 Chemistry between scapheap and ??? if it joins the party!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2013, 02:19:56 pm »

I like cats too. I just got excited when I saw Ajax.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2013, 02:29:18 pm »

Hey Ajax, what happened to you guys?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2013, 02:42:06 pm »

Splendid!

Recruit feline, head to north exit for mechanist quest. Hopefully this won't delay us from finding Ithan's Staff of Power for more than one dungeon trip.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21