Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Author Topic: (ISG)Goofy Rougelike II: Antman Summoner  (Read 23488 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG)Goofy Rougelike II: Antman Summoner
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 09:16:58 pm »

If anyone isn't convinced yet, just look how very dashing our hero is in a robe:

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2013, 09:35:42 pm »

Did you remember to subtract my vot from necklace and and it to robe?
Yes, but I had the hardest time counting to 8 and not 9. Post revised with the new assessment on how many people voted, with robes of flight now in the lead.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 10:38:15 pm »

Prelude: Unwarm Welcome

Turn 1

Hey guys. I'm weirdsound. I'll be your GM, or DM, or whatever you call it. Its basically my job force the characters to follow your demands, and to choose what consequences. And holy shit, I'm still huge. I've been meaning to fix that since the start of the last game. Ah well, one of these days then.

Anyway. Lets get the show on the road. You are Ithan, an Antman drone and summoner of reasonable skill. As a useless mouth in a hyper efficient Antman society, your choice of future plans more or less boils down to exile or death. After spending a good couple hours with the suicide hotline you choose the former, and ask the queen for an appointment with the teleportation chamber.

"Sweet. I choose life. That means my reign of terror upon the surface world can begin! Oh, and this is a nice pog. Did you make that yourself?"

"Ummm.... Yes. Yes I did. But Nirur helped out a tiny little itsy bitsy bit. You should thank 'em."

"Thank you Nirur Torir! You will be spared when I dominate the universe."

+4 Chemistry between Nirur Torir and Ithan!

"Anyway, moving right along. Lets get you ready. Speaking of Nirur, anything after his post is officially a Ninja. And doesn't count. Because fuck ninjas.

You head to the libarary in search of a spellbook, and settle upon Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, Erm... I mean the The Tome of Planar Summons... by Ant Dan Brown! It has some awesome spells inside that will allow you to cause all sorts of mayhem and/or holy activity."

"Buhahahahahaa! Awesome. Imma use this to fuck shit up."

"Since the people calling the shots are b12ers, yes. Yes you are.

After you get your book, you decide to go on a shopping spree. Of one item. It is a necklace that lets you cast extra spells. It is as boring and vanilla as it is broken. I'm pretty sure you'll like it."

"I've only existed for three lines, and you already know me so well. I will put this to good use."

"Glad to hear it. The last thing you do before you leave town is spend some time in the section of the library that is full of charts, maps, and historical documents. The Antmen have a long and proud history of invading the surface, getting their asses beat, and leaving precious artifacts behind when they run home with their thoraxs between their legs. They call this process cartography.

After a few hours of searching you read the legend of the Antman Warnmagequeen Malak. Malak lead a force 100000 strong against the elves, but she was killed and her forces beat back by the Elven Pharaoh. The Pharaoh took Malak's staff as a trophy, and when the elf died, he had it buried with him. You are fairly sure the tomb is undisturbed, because elves are magical little shits and like to keep their dead nice and animated to prevent grave robbery.

You figure getting the staff, which is rumored to grant power beyond one's wildest imagination, back from the elves would be as good of a goal as any, so you make a copy of maps involved, enjoy a last meal with your few (imaginary) friends, and head for the teleport chamber. You tell the attendants to send you to the elven city of Atemshire. There is a flash of light, and suddenly you find yourself standing in a poorly lit basement."

"Where the hell am I?"

"Standing on top of our teleport re-router."

"Teleport re-router?"

"Ayup. My brother and I are gonna kill ya now."

"And then take your stuff!"

"Dafuq?"

"Allow me to explain. Long range teleports are very insecure. Over 70% of Long range teleport attempts are intercepted. Usually by large parties ready to kill an ambush whatever they catch. Why do you think people still travel via dungeon crawl? Luckily for you, these two are just a pair of level 1 newbs living out of their mother's basement. Still, I wouldn't let the one not wearing a robe get into melee range. He's liable to ruin your day. Lethally.

Enjoy the tutorial fight!"

Party Information and Bestiary:

Battlemap:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Town/Dungeon Map:

----

Quote from: A Bunch of Fricking Ninjas!
*Ninja crap telling me that the robe, and not the necklace, has to most votes.*

"Buhahahahaha! I was way to deep into the turn when the totals changed for me to turn back. You get the necklace. Still, that was some great Fanart Grek. I'll let a future vote of Grek's choice count double, and will likely change the hero's pog to that once he gets a badass enough robe."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 10:57:41 pm »

Success!

I think you should start by summoning a cherub three paces to your left.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 11:08:56 pm »

Posting to watch. Also, consider starting with the line below your picture for your dialogue. It looks really bad on certain screen widths.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 11:20:45 pm »

Oh. Neat.

Erm... I mean the The Tome of Planar Summons... by Ant Dan Brown!
Dant Brown?

Also, consider starting with the line below your picture for your dialogue. It looks really bad on certain screen widths.
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 11:25:57 pm »

I like this cherub idea. I'm not so sure about summoning it to our left, though. Wouldn't we rather have it between us and them?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2013, 12:42:00 am »

Success!

+1
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2013, 08:22:56 am »

Success!

+1
+1, but also summon a posseser on the warrior.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2013, 08:00:34 pm »

Oooh. I just finished reading the last one and it was awesome. I hope this one lasts longer.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2013, 08:12:32 pm »

Prelude: Unwarm Welcome

Turn 2

"Buhahahahaaaaaa! Now I'm going to splat you like a little bug, you not so little bug you! Prepare to die!"

"Not so fast! I'm not an evil GM. The Heroic Party always gets first Init! That means you have to wait for Ithan to try and kill you first!"

"You hear that players! I get to draw first blood! Now how should I do that?"

"Great Idea! Lets do this! *Ahem* Amo, sic nudus placant, puer![/b]"[/b]

"The room grows dim as your magic begins to take effect. Nearby, three tiles in the direction I assume to be Ithan's left, a fleshy shape begins to take for..."

"You should consider starting with the line below your picture for your dialogue. It looks really bad on certain screen widths."

"You mean like this? Fine. Anyway, you summon a Cherub. Since there is no summoning sickness by default it acts right away. Summons don't take orders, but they do know which side they are on... most of the time.

The Cherub notches an arrow and lets it fly at the mage! The attack roll is a 14, which is enough to hit before factoring in the divine ally's significant attack bonus. The arrow lands in the Mage's shoulder and inflicts 2 damage, cutting away half of his puny HP score.

The elves run forward to close the gap between you and them. The mage casts Lesser Blink after moving to warp right next to you. It is now threatening an attack of opportunity. You may be better off taking said attack than letting his magekiller brother get into melee range next turn.

"Come on guys, get me out of this alive! I promise not to kill you all once I rule the universe!"

Party Information and Bestiary:

Battlemap:

Town/Dungeon Map:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 08:22:06 pm by Weirdsound »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2013, 08:31:08 pm »

Falling back would be good, then summon a not-so-nice doggy to intercept the warrior.

Code: (Votes) [Select]
Ithan runs southwest then along the wall, then summons a hound: 1

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2013, 09:00:48 pm »

I don't remember, is this like, say, D&D where you can move and attack in a turn, or do we need to pick?

If the first:
Stab the wizard and run west.

If the second:
Run west, keeping the mage between us and the warrior.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2013, 09:58:33 pm »

Falling back would be good, then summon a not-so-nice doggy to intercept the warrior.

+1
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2013, 05:34:16 am »

+1
Seem like the best for now +1(I do think it should be a Tentacle, right next to the caster. Sure it will mean we are not as far, but it a wall of 7 meters(if it work like I think))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21