Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reboot?

Yea
Naw

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: The Avatar Arena: REBOOT IN PROGRESS  (Read 41936 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 5: The New Guy.
« Reply #345 on: January 21, 2014, 02:16:57 pm »

((The rules change works for me.))

Set fire to the central platform. Also, cast heal on that poor girl.
((If the girl you're healing is me, then for the sake of your health and safety I suggest telling me what you're doing rather than just having a dragon swoop down upon me without warning. There's a pretty good chance that I'd assume I'm under attack in those circumstances.

now then, to figure out an excuse to learn what the timepiece does...))

((A dragon attack would be a very good excuse to find out what the timepiece does.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 5: The New Guy.
« Reply #346 on: January 21, 2014, 03:23:35 pm »

((The rules change works for me.))

Set fire to the central platform. Also, cast heal on that poor girl.
((I advise against that, as shown by Derm's previous attempts at burning the building, and which girl? We have...two, maybe four, depending on whether the toaster is female or if the Marine is female))
((Noted. Also, which attempt?))
Also, cast heal on that poor girl.
((If the girl you're healing is me, then for the sake of your health and safety I suggest telling me what you're doing rather than just having a dragon swoop down upon me without warning. There's a pretty good chance that I'd assume I'm under attack in those circumstances.
((Noted.))

Real Official Action (Probably):
Fly to the girl with the broken arm.

"I am here to help."
Cast heal on her, then eat Lacie.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatar Arena: Turn 7: Beginner's Luck
« Reply #347 on: January 21, 2014, 04:04:31 pm »

((When he cast a ball of magma at the side of the building and it literally just slid down, doing nothing.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 21, 2014, 04:06:23 pm »

I was hoping for it to go into a window.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 21, 2014, 04:54:15 pm »

Fly to the girl with the broken arm.
"I am here to help."
Cast heal on her, then eat Lacie.
Permit the dragon to heal me, fire my arm-cannon (only needs one arm, and as shown in the pic, it's on my right arm, not my left) at anyone who attempts to attack either of us.

((regarding the rules change, I'm fine with it, but could my primary weapon (arm-cannon) please use agi just like any other ranged weapon instead of using a stat that I have a penalty with (int) ?))
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 09:13:31 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 21, 2014, 05:12:06 pm »

As Lacie continued summoning the demon lord she noticed the girl on the ground and the dragon flying above. This was probably not going to end well.

Thinking quickly she commanded the fire demon to attack the girl and hoped that she could finish the summon of the demon lord in time to deal with the dragon.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:53:38 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 21, 2014, 05:26:16 pm »

((regarding the rules change, I'm fine with it, but could my primary weapon (arm-cannon) please use agi just like any other ranged weapon instead of using a stat that I have a penalty with (int) ?))

((Yeah, it already uses Agility, as you started with it. If you just picked it up and had no idea how to use it, you'd have to roll for intelligence as well. But since that's not the case, you're fine.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 21, 2014, 05:40:03 pm »

The Marine's nerves were getting the best of him, he should have had no reason to duck back into cover before seeing if his shots connected.  Now he would have to waste a few precious moments.
Make sure that the hunter girl no longer has a height advantage.  If she still does fire at her again, if not, fire at the person closest to me.
((Change sounds fine.))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 21, 2014, 05:49:14 pm »

As Lacie continued summoning the demon lord she noticed the girl and the dragon flying above.
((Um, I missed who the flying girl is. If you mean me, I kinda tumbled to the ground next to you and smashed my arm.))

((Yeah, it already uses Agility, as you started with it. If you just picked it up and had no idea how to use it, you'd have to roll for intelligence as well. But since that's not the case, you're fine.))
((uh... ok, cool. It seemed to be using int since on turns 1-3 my attacks didn't have a modifier, and the int modifier is only a 50% chance. so i figured i'd just gotten crazy-lucky on the dice but that I'd need to find a different ranged weapon ASAP.))

The Marine's nerves were getting the best of him, he should have had no reason to duck back into cover before seeing if his shots connected.  Now he would have to waste a few precious moments.
Make sure that the hunter girl no longer has a height advantage.  If she still does fire at her again, if not, fire at the person closest to me.
((Change sounds fine.))
((and yet another person is targeting me. I fell to the ground next to the girl summoning a demon and completely shattered my left arm. I can't use a two-handed weapon like the bow anymore at all.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 21, 2014, 05:53:08 pm »

As Lacie continued summoning the demon lord she noticed the girl and the dragon flying above.
((Um, I missed who the flying girl is. If you mean me, I kinda tumbled to the ground next to you and smashed my arm.))

((I'm sorry that was poorly worded on my part, I just meant to say that the dragon was flying not both of you . I'll edit it to make it more clear))
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 21, 2014, 05:53:27 pm »

Respawn!

((Rule change seems good.))
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 06:06:41 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 21, 2014, 06:03:08 pm »

((The rule change seems fine enough to me.))
Vic springs to his feet, stretching his arm slightly as he glances around the corner, noticing the Marine.
He soon starts doing some good old-fashioned-comic-book-style-internal-monologuing about the guy, because that's just the kind of guy Vic is.

A military man, eh... Can't imagine he's a kind one, from the look of 'im. And the general lack of kind ones around here, for that matter. Looks like he's a bit distracted, though...

Dash over to the Marine, releasing some binary gas to blind him. And if I can manage it, smack him upside the head with the Ambassador.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 21, 2014, 08:25:52 pm »

GO FOR ANOTHER PASS! SLAM TIME!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 21, 2014, 09:15:09 pm »

As Lacie continued summoning the demon lord she noticed the girl on the ground and the dragon flying above. This was probably not going to end well.

Thinking quickly she commanded the fire demon to attack the girl and hoped that she could finish the summon of the demon lord in time to deal with the dragon.
Run! stay away from the fire demon. Attack the thing's controller since she just made it attack me. I still don't mind being healed by the dragon but I'm busy not getting murdered!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 27, 2014, 06:34:02 am »

-.-
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27