Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reboot?

Yea
Naw

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: The Avatar Arena: REBOOT IN PROGRESS  (Read 41906 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Enter the Arena as Your Avatar RTD-Ified: FIVE, FOUR, THREETWOONEGO!
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2013, 02:17:11 pm »

((Quiet. It's reinforced with a compound produced by the Diavitae Federation, and is enchanted with the power of the Guardians. In the Zero Form, it can use freaking LIGHTNING.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2013, 02:29:09 pm »

((GWG should have put in his power of linking to TVTropes.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2013, 02:56:03 pm »

"Hey, is anyone here working for Biggs? Or Bad Boy? Or from the East?"

Tupac Shakur drums his right hand on the top of the steering wheel, the other clutching his Mac-10. If anyone comes close, blast 'em.

((Quiet. It's reinforced with a compound produced by the Diavitae Federation, and is enchanted with the power of the Guardians. In the Zero Form, it can use freaking LIGHTNING.))

((And thus we begin to delve into the inevitable in this type of game, the arguments of the variety of 'Could fictional character X take attack from fictional character Y' or 'Is fictional material A stronger than fictional material B.'

However, from what I've seen from our GM's other games, I firmly believe that he will find a way to somehow balance all of these characters in one manner or another, regardless of which situation they find themselves in.

Also, we're fighting on a TF2 map. So, I'm assuming we're factoring in elevation?))
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:59:49 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2013, 02:57:12 pm »

Also, we're fighting on a TF2 map. So, I'm assuming we're factoring in elevation?))

((Too bad OrangeBottle isn't playing then.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2013, 03:00:44 pm »

((Okay, since most of you haven't played TF2 (Otherwise you would've recognized the map as Arena_Hightower), here's how it is. There are technically three layers. The four people in the center circle area are on the ground floor. There are stairs leading up to the main hub, where a control point and who knows what else sits. There is a hole in the roof, and on top of the roof is a large antenna. That really does nothing. Now, everyone else, save for Toaster and Monkeyhead, are on the middle level. You can get to the top level by going up one of the logs leading up to the pipes Toaster and Monkeyhead are on, or by going across one of the middle pipes to the stairs that continue to the middle from the bottom. Finally, Toaster and Monkeyhead are on pipes leading straight to the main hub area.

And unfortunately, Artemis, since you didn't list it as inventory, you do not have a katana of any sort.

Oh, and GWG, I forgot to mention. You had to Shape-Shift into a golden retriever to fit through your gate hole into the arena. So at the moment, that's what you are.

And finally, indeed, we are factoring in Elevation, and I will find a way to balance. You're all equal except for stats and your skills. You can all take the same amount of death, and mostly have the same damage output per attack.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2013, 03:03:49 pm »

Where did the weight go? Where did the noise go? Where did the speed go? VULNERABLE. AFRAID. ANGRY.

Allow myself to be drunk - partially. While being swallowed, make an effort to get into the breathing apparatus of the dragon/dog thing and drown it.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 03:06:50 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2013, 03:20:16 pm »

((installing TF2 since it's free so I can take a look at the map. However, I'll place some preliminary actions for now.))
Spoiler: If nobody attacks me (click to show/hide)
Action replaced in a later post, ignore these two.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 07:22:47 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2013, 03:22:59 pm »

Wait, so I'm going to fight with my fists? Are you serious?
I might as well drop out then. My abilities are useless unless I have my signature katana.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2013, 03:28:51 pm »

"Oh hey, another thingy. I better not die instantly to something stupid this time."

Fire a glob of acid upon the toaster.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2013, 03:30:48 pm »

I might as well drop out then. My abilities are useless unless I have my signature katana.

((This guy made an honest mistake, I wouldn't mind him getting his damn magic sword thing as I almost forgot to give Pac his microphone when I was finishing up his sheet. It would be a shame to have somebody drop out so early before I could mow them down with my AK47.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2013, 03:31:45 pm »

The appliance has watched for too long.  Now was the time to act.

Launch flaming toast at the Canadian.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2013, 03:41:40 pm »

((Time stop > sword. having said that, I'm fine with you getting the thing. but the whole "my abilities are useless" thing is ridiculous. just get creative. even without a weapon, your character is one of the ones that scares me the most in the entire arena, up there with Derm in my threat rankings.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2013, 03:47:10 pm »

((That's being a bit overdramatic. Currently -.- is unarmed and has...well, pretty much nothing of fighting use, Derm is unarmed, as is a good deal of the arena. But fine, if you're gonna be all BLUGH about it, I'll edit it in.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2013, 03:48:27 pm »

Well, I know that. But it's just a major part of Artemis' character, his sword. I mean, in story, his sword has a killcount of 543,650, which is not counting the holocaust he performed using his initial Zero Form.

Oh, and I didn't put skill stats at first because I wanted the GM to ensure my character was fairly balanced.
Maybe I'm just having an off day I guess.
Just forget about it. I don't wanna be whining.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2013, 03:56:40 pm »

((Oh wait, he had a Holocaust? Damn. Well, I guess that helps put my hit-list in order.))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27