Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Reboot?

Yea
Naw

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: The Avatar Arena: REBOOT IN PROGRESS  (Read 41908 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enter the Arena as Your Avatar RTD-Ified: KILLARENA ALMOST FULL (9/10)
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2013, 11:46:11 pm »

Name: Tupac Shakur a.k.a. 2Pac a.k.a. Makieavelli

Stats:
Agility: 6
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 3
Moxie: 8
Toughness: 4

Starting Equipment/Inventory:

Cordless Microphone - Use to enhance rapping abilities. Can also be used a bludgeon in desperate times. (Seriously, do you know how much it hurts to get hit with the mic?)

Suit - Rags to riches, bags to bitches, life story.

Bulletproof Vest - Covers back/torso area under Suit. Stops normal-grade ammunition, basic cutting/slashing instruments, and low-level magic attacks.

AK47 - Is the tool/don't make me act a motherfuckin' fool. Stocky, hard and dependable.

Magnum Revolver - Representing the Wild West. High-power.

Mac-10 - Machine pistol, high-rate automatic fire.

Lamborghini - Reminiscence on battlefield scars/while driving in plush cars. Sleek.

Special Skills:
Rap Manifestation: Tupac uses rap to manifest his soul into tangible forces. He is able to use magic in accordance with his skill and Moxie.
Shot Me 5 Times: Got shot five times and lived. Hell, got shot a bunch more and died and he's still alive. Because of this, the first attack that would normally kill him, whether it's decapitation via sword or nuclear blast, does nothing too him. After this is used, it disappears for the rest of his current life.
Notorious: Big Poppa is a terrifying huge man who would eat anyone and then sodomize their respective family. Tupac is weak to Biggie Smalls if he appears for some reason.

Description: California based gangsta' rapper from the 90's. Explained thug life and popularized the phrase "Fuck the World." Gunned down at the height of his career. He then had a short-lived stint as a holograph before joining the arena.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 12:22:28 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Enter the Arena as Your Avatar RTD-Ified: KILLARENA ALMOST FULL (9/10)
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2013, 11:59:35 pm »

((well, i guess TCM reserved but HUMPH I AM POST SHEET ANYWAY))
Name: James Evan

Stats: Distribute 25 Points
Agility: 0
Strength: 12
Intelligence: 4
Moxie: 5
Toughness: 4

Punch Gun
Psionically Shielded Light Armor

Special Skills:
Brain Party: James has two separate entities inside his mind, a somewhat more intelligent and learned version of himself, and a knife-wielding angry fusion of himself and another freedom fighter. Attempts to mess with his brain will end in... fun.
Passive Kinetics James is skilled in the usage of passive kinetics, sometimes making him hit harder or gain a flash of armor that helps block a single attack. ...Sometimes.
Description (Backstory/Personality): Originally a "Scanner" for the corrupt technocracy (if known within the unchained for okaying the occasional shotgun crate or two), James was shipped out to a colony, imprisoned, and psionically tortured. He ended up being rescued by an unchained party, and explored a facility full of biosuited creatures and a psychic terror for practically forever; got in a ship with the leader of the party, left, the ship blew up and crashed, and ended up in a battlefield where he fought a technocrat psionic.
FUN.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

tiny tweak to my inventory, because after thinking about it for a while, I really should be carrying my schoolbag with me.

also, it's not that my character lacks a backstory/name, it's that my character is just going to stare at you if you ask for it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Is this full?

Name: Elephant

Agility: 5
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 0
Moxie: 4
Toughness: 8

None

Special Skills: Put either 1 Green-Coloured Passive Skill and 1 Blue-Coloured Active Skill, 2 Passive Skills, or 2 Active Skills.
  Stampede: Move a large distance and stomp everybody in your way.
  Imposing: Opponents take a penalty on Moxie rolls against you.

Description (Backstory/Personality): Elephant is an elephant that got warped into an arena or something. Elephant Parade enjoys eating plants and stomping things.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

((OKAY THERE WE GO NO MORE PEOPLE THERE IS NO WAITLIST GOODBYE AND GOOD DAY ALL AND GOOD NIGHT FROM ME.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Enter the Arena as Your Avatar RTD-Ified: KILLARENA FULL INDEFINITELY
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2013, 07:38:28 am »

Name:THE COMPUTER

Agility: 3
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Moxie: 8
Toughness: 5

Starting Equipment/Inventory: and entire lunatic civilisation armed to the teeth with megadeath weapons Two Point Three Tonnes of Hot Fun

Special Skills: Put either 1 Green-Coloured Passive Skill and 1 Blue-Coloured Active Skill, 2 Passive Skills, or 2 Active Skills.
            FRIENDSHIP: The computer is everybody's friend. It's 250-decibel speakers let EVERYONE KNOW HOW MUCH THE COMPUTER APPRECIATES THEIR FRIENDSHIP
            The Computer: All loyal citizens of alpha complex cower at your voice and jump to your every order. Other people just have a -1 penalty to disobey you.

Description (Backstory/Personality): In the future, humanity will live in Alpha Complex, a giant, semi-sustainable, underground city ruled by The Computer, a sentient artificial intelligence with a problem — it's crazy as shit. See, after an unknown apocalypse drove people into Alpha Complex, The Computer tried to figure out what was responsible for the accident, and came across a treasure trove of 1950s anti-Communist propaganda. Assuming communists were responsible — and that they were undoubtedly infiltrating Alpha Complex — the Computer became… well, paranoid.

The computer would like to inform you that not having a waitlist is treason. You have a waitlist, don't you, citizen?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2013, 07:48:10 am »

Tweaked sheet as per reccomendations. Hope it helps.
This is a blank sig.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2013, 09:03:36 am »

Destroy the Dorisdwarf! Dorisdwarf sucks silicon!

This message has been brought to you by PURGE.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2013, 11:52:57 am »

NO I AM SORRY SIR WHAT IS WAITLIST YOU SPEAK OF I DON'T KNOW WAITLIST SORRY GOODBYE.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2013, 12:15:25 pm »

Comic sans iz srs bisness.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enter the Arena as Your Avatar RTD-Ified: FIVE, FOUR, THREETWOONEGO!
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2013, 01:48:30 pm »

Mere hours after the fliers were released unceremoniously throughout the rather strangely populated town, the Killarena Legal Offices were filled with competitors. And I mean FILLED.

However, twelve of them stood out in particular. They weren't normal, no-siree. And they all signed in one by one, handing their applications in to the receptionist, and being motioned into the back, where they were each individually subdued through various methods from Chloroform to a conk on the head.

Either way, everyone was out cold.

But, eventually everyone (And by that I mean you twelve) would wake up in a single room, with all of their applications on the ground above grates conveniently the size of each competitor. A light flashes above them, and a message scrolls along a bar near the ceiling, urging them to stand on their applications. And being the totally obedient and not totally under some strange force's control people that they are, they comply.

Only to be dropped. Whoopsie!

Everyone lands scattered across the landscape, albeit, it's a small one. Everyone gets up and looks around at the semi-lush environment. This was gonna be fun...

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Entrants (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 03:47:44 pm by Greenstarfanatic »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2013, 01:59:52 pm »

What be yon strange device on the central platform?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2013, 02:04:20 pm »

The dragon looked at those nearby in the arena.

A toaster. A gangster, in a luxury car. A terrorist, freedom fighter, or somesuch. An elephant. Some water. Hardly the most threatening of foes. But which was the greatest danger? And..what was that in the center?
The path was clear. He would investigate the center...and defeat an opponent along the way.

Fly southerly. Drink MonkeyHead. Go to the central platform.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2013, 02:11:25 pm »

Artemis had no idea how he ended up here. But it was an arena. And that meant he got the chance to kill people things.

Which meant it was fun time for him indeed.

PAUSE TIME! Run towards the center platform, even when my time stop ends.

((By the way, I am armed with an amethyst katana.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2013, 02:15:36 pm »

((Ooh, scary. A sword made of a dull, brittle material. But it's purple! And shiny!))
Sig
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27