Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: When might the new version be coming out?  (Read 3358 times)

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When might the new version be coming out?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 01:46:26 am »

The next release will come like a Kobold thief in the night.  One overseer will be ready, another will be asleep.  One Urist will be mining, the other will be attending a party at the fungiwood table.
I'm going to guess that approximately 0 people got this reference, other than me.

Yep, I'm lost.  Couldn't even google it.
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

modulous

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 12:23:54 pm »

The next release will come like a Kobold thief in the night.  One overseer will be ready, another will be asleep.  One Urist will be mining, the other will be attending a party at the fungiwood table.
I'm going to guess that approximately 0 people got this reference, other than me.

Try 1 Thessalonians  5:2 and other places in the bible, search for 'thief in the night'.  It is meant to be how the son of man will return 'like a thief in the night' meaning that nobody will be able to predict when it will happen, it will be subtle and easily missed, and all your socks will be missing.

Flying Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 12:31:51 pm »

I got the reference without google or an explanation, do I get a sock?

I'll predict that the next update will come before toady dies, I think that's safe to assume.  ;)
Has entire family killed and all friends butchered and raped.
---
It's cool, he saw an awesome sock AND a waterfall, so it's all good now.
it's ‼Super Happy Tantrum Time‼

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 01:21:11 am »

Try 1 Thessalonians  5:2 and other places in the bible, search for 'thief in the night'.  It is meant to be how the son of man will return 'like a thief in the night' meaning that nobody will be able to predict when it will happen, it will be subtle and easily missed, and all your socks will be missing.

Thank you.  Yeah, I found those but I didn't think that was it because the rest of the quote doesn't match.  The part about "one dwarf will be x'ing the other will be y."
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 10:15:56 am »

I am guessing January at the earliest and most likely around March 2014.

Seems like a safe bet.  Toady's 75% quote wasn't relating to the whole release, it was relating to how far he'd gotten through his "final" list of notes for the release.  After that would presumably come more extensive testing and prerelease bug fixing related to the new features.

Considering how busy the rest of the year will be for most people, it's probably reasonable to assume that he won't get it done before next year.  I'd guess very early next year, though hopefully no later than Valentine's day like DF2012.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2013, 09:22:27 pm »

I'm guessing on mid-February 2014.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2013, 03:06:40 pm »

Got the quote, smiled a little smile.

I'm hoping for a christmas present. though I'll probably be disappointed.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2013, 05:55:46 am »

Got the quote, smiled a little smile.

I'm hoping for a christmas present. though I'll probably be disappointed.
oooooh now you have my hopes up for some kind of secret christmas feature!
A dwarven santa who puts elves in naughty kids stockings?
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2013, 05:02:08 pm »

A dwarven santa who puts elves in naughty kids stockings?

Yeah, that's a great idea, leave the young impressionable minds of children alone with the tree humping hippies, what could go wrong?

Not even the naughtiest of noble-descended children deserve such an encounter (unless this is plan to exile the parents for "fraternising with the enemy"?).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 06:17:21 pm by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0
Pages: 1 [2]