Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we work on next?

A tower to the sky!
A ridiculously complex trapped entrance!
A ginormous constructed somethingorother!
A monstrous terraforming project!
An ostentatious display of golden wealth!
A giant building in the shape of a Toad, in honour of ToadyOne!
Candy everything!
Exclamation point! (My idea will be posted below)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40

Author Topic: CharmCrafted, Citadel of Mechanisms[Game Open, still recruiting]  (Read 49754 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: CharmCrafted, Citadel of Mechanisms[Game Open, still recruiting]
« Reply #300 on: January 29, 2014, 09:18:14 pm »

Cool, I'll do this over the weekend then.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 31, 2014, 11:25:23 pm »

Well, I wasn't able to finish the year, but I got to early winter. I really didn't do anything. Note to future overseers: I noticed that the minecart shotgun gives access to the main stockpile room for any attacking enemies, so you may want to do something about that.

save

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 01, 2014, 06:41:54 am »

The Story so far:

Exodius1 - founder, magma supply secured

Larix - early expansion, little excitement apart from a very unsuccessful kobold ambush

Saegge - further expansion, still peaceful, installation of the Geneva Convention Violation Machine (tm)

danmanthedog - first siege, with invaders losing their way and loitering around for a while. Highlights: goblin leader drowned by their steed deciding to path through the water supply and siege dissolved by a megabeast showing up and prioritising goblin-stomping over dwarf-eating.

ShadowHammer - fort still alive and well, now a mountainhome! The king was even still be alive in early winter - will wonders never cease? Apart from that, little of note happened, a very peaceful turn.

Arcvasti - revealed to actually be the King and took on the reins of the fort, until he realised it severely interfered with his busy schedule of grooming his beard and admiring his furniture. An appropriately royal suite was commissioned and important fortress supplies produced on royal order. Two named dwarfs were assaulted by crundles but got away with no lasting harm, except to the little dignity they might have had. It was pretty quiet aboveground. Maybe too quiet?

Peregarrett - things happened, and one led to another. Let's just say there's going to be much less trouble with royal mandates and we no longer have any housing problems. Rumours say one of the remaining 36 dwarves is even "happy".

uber_pye - things were considerate and didn't happen as much as before. Massive consolidation work. What little population had survived the glorious rule of Peregarrett was returned to a stable mood and apart from a few mishaps, the bloodletting ended. By the end of the year, every dwarf was at least content and forgotten beasts no longer had multiple open avenues into the heart of the fort.  Not to forget that the first half of the year was lived under the terrible and terrifying shadow of the evil Tree Olm, until an unnamed but unforgotten human caravan guard shot it dead.

Larix - building on the solid foundation, a bunch of smaller engineering projects and general fort improvement were put in motion. After the entire year was disappointingly quiet - apart from the notable catch of a were-rhinoceros who was for the nonce put in use as a timekeeping device - a siege appeared in the last fortnight of the year. The repaired bridge smasher handled it very effectively.

Exodius - started work on a magma moat but ran into ambush troubles and was short on time, so only played part of the turn and handed it over then.

Saegge - finished the magma moat and started filling it, began work on a large aboveground fort. Little goblin activity, but once again a full siege right at the end of turn.

Arcvasti - Founded the Dwarven Foreign Legion (a.k.a. the Gobtech warriors), had a nice chat with a senior goblin, put emphasis on construction and equipping of the Citadel, which has become the new central hub of the fort. Very detailed records, starting here. Reading is strongly recommended!

up and coming:

uber pye - current
Captain McClellan
joeclark77
4maskwolf
Arcvasti
MeMyselfAndI (that's the user name)

*Positions of turns are negotiable, new overseers always have a chance to get their turn early, if they wish.

recent dwarfings - Woobmonkey II (welcome back!), legendary mechanic, as it should be.

Request: MeMyselfAndI, farmer, preferably male

Rules:

- no military. This is the only strict rule. The fortress is supposed to defend itself through other means.
- ideally, no fortress guard/captain of the guard/sheriff/hammerer. Justice should be dispensed through other means, as well. Not a super-strict rule, but overseers are encouraged to adhere to it and dissolve any "justice" squads they find.
- building complicated contraptions for defence, entertainment or to just show off is strongly encouraged. The crazier, the better.
- weapon traps, cage traps and stonefall traps are the bread and butter of armyless fortress defence. While using them liberally is a good idea, adding some fancier toppings like drowning traps, minecart grinders, automated goblin smashers, the goblin foreign legion and what ever else may cross your mind is also quite welcome.
- the version is vanilla .34.11. Please don't mod the game during your turn, this can screw up others and modifications can easily get lost anyway when someone restores the raws to normal to fix graphics.

- please react to getting your turn (at least after receiving a PM) within three days and finish your turn in a reasonable time. You have a maximum of two weeks, but if you get it done in seven days, that'd be even better.
- please keep us updated on what's going on, to keep the rest of the thread involved and interested.
- this is a collaborative, not competitive fort. Don't actively sabotage the fort and/or the next player. Use the notes interface to make operations easier for those who come after you. Stay civil in the thread. <3
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 01:03:52 pm by Larix »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 01, 2014, 07:34:05 am »

So the chronicle of this fort is:

Exodius1 - founder, magma supply secured
Larix - expansion
Saegge - further expansion, still peaceful
danmanthedog - first siege, presumably with invaders losing their way and loitering around for a while
ShadowHammer - ?? fort still alive and presumably well
(A write-up would be very welcome, if you can spare the time)

up and coming:
Arcvasti - current
*Larix
*Exodius
*Saegge
*Peregarrett

*Position of turns are negotiable, Peregarrett as new overseer could get an earlier turn.
Don't forget my megabeast and the drowning of the goblin leader.

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
  • Mox alter equo vita reale at solis occasum equitat
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 01, 2014, 09:48:09 am »

I'd put every new overseer at the top of the list, if their schedule allows. It's a shame that nobody joins to test my Goblinite Entertainment System further. Also, there is some potential for building a Super Goblinite Entertainment System, I feel.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 01, 2014, 09:51:58 am »

I'm ready to take a turn anytime now.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 01, 2014, 10:06:43 am »

Okay, then you're next! The current turn still is Arcvasti's, just to avoid confusion ;)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 01, 2014, 01:15:40 pm »

PS: added more detail for the so far most eventful turn, thanks for the nudge.
By did nothing, I mean almost literally nothing: there was one ambush that killed one dwarf, and I made the King a very lame throne room. Mostly, the game was running by itself in the background while I did homework and stuff.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 01, 2014, 02:57:58 pm »

I'll probably get around to this tomorrow, or failing that, next week. My turn for Cathedral just came up, so there's a bit of a delay there.
Spooky Signature

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 02, 2014, 03:41:36 pm »

Downloading the save right now. I'm going to see if my netbook can run this fort.
Spooky Signature

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 02, 2014, 09:36:25 pm »

Just opened up the save and I'm looking around. 1st reaction: Where's the entrance?
2nd Reaction: Armoks blood, this place is HUGE
3rd Reaction: THERE'S SO MANY PEOPLE
FPS is going to be VERY low.
Spooky Signature

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 02, 2014, 10:19:18 pm »

Journal of the king Arcvasti

15th moonstone: I've been in this place, Charmcrafted for a few months now. My accommodations are still largely unsatisfactory. To rectify this, I have taken direct control of the fort. No one seems to have protested. This whole place is sumptously appointed. Beautiful engravings dot the walls and floor everywhere. And I still have no dining room. I have had a large area designated to be mined out near my incomplete throne room.

16th moonstone: I've ordered for all the metal weapons lying around besides our axe and our picks to be melted down. I've also ordered my royal furniture be built as soon as possible. I have also requested for our carpenters to supply me with training spears for my first project. On the recommendation of Shadowhammer, the forts weaponsmith, I have also installed a floor hatch near the entrance to the minecart shotgun for safety porpoises. As we have no militia and need none, the logical next step is training cavern creatures to fight for us. I have ordered two small areas dug out near the goblin jail: One for animal training, one for my future project.

17th moonstone: Noticing a gap in our weapon trap lines, I have arsenalized our glass pointy things into more traps. The fort labors still on my throne room and the digging of my dining room comes along nicely. I asked Shadowhammer to make me some spears. He refused. I had him demoted to furnace operater as 4maskwolf is a legendary weaponsmith. I wonder if training spears will feel quite the same as normal spears.

18th moonstone: My throne room is finally worthy of the adjective royal. Progress on my other orders is spotty at best. The reason is that our manager has no office. I appointed him mayor, kicked the previous incumbent out and gave the managers previous quarters to the hammerer.

(OOC: FPS is pretty low,but playable.)
Spooky Signature

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 03, 2014, 03:19:40 am »

Journal of the king Arcvasti

15th moonstone: I've been in this place, Charmcrafted for a few months now. My accommodations are still largely unsatisfactory. To rectify this, I have taken direct control of the fort. No one seems to have protested. This whole place is sumptously appointed. Beautiful engravings dot the walls and floor everywhere. And I still have no dining room. I have had a large area designated to be mined out near my incomplete throne room.

16th moonstone: I've ordered for all the metal weapons lying around besides our axe and our picks to be melted down. I've also ordered my royal furniture be built as soon as possible. I have also requested for our carpenters to supply me with training spears for my first project. On the recommendation of Shadowhammer, the forts weaponsmith, I have also installed a floor hatch near the entrance to the minecart shotgun for safety porpoises. As we have no militia and need none, the logical next step is training cavern creatures to fight for us. I have ordered two small areas dug out near the goblin jail: One for animal training, one for my future project.

17th moonstone: Noticing a gap in our weapon trap lines, I have arsenalized our glass pointy things into more traps. The fort labors still on my throne room and the digging of my dining room comes along nicely. I asked Shadowhammer to make me some spears. He refused. I had him demoted to furnace operater as 4maskwolf is a legendary weaponsmith. I wonder if training spears will feel quite the same as normal spears.

18th moonstone: My throne room is finally worthy of the adjective royal. Progress on my other orders is spotty at best. The reason is that our manager has no office. I appointed him mayor, kicked the previous incumbent out and gave the managers previous quarters to the hammerer.

(OOC: FPS is pretty low,but playable.)

Hmmm.... Why are you building a danger room when there is no soldiers allowed? IF you want an execution chamber normal spears would work much better.... Even the wooden ones, really....

And you claimed the king? Now, that is something you don't see everyday^^
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 03, 2014, 06:46:21 am »

Hmmm.... Why are you building a danger room when there is no soldiers allowed?
Obviously he wants everyone to be pacifists with legendary dodging skill. Sounds reasonable.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
  • Mox alter equo vita reale at solis occasum equitat
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 03, 2014, 06:58:10 am »

you don't see the big picture. Obviously he expands the VIP-Lounge of GES, so the nobility has it's cheese skewer right at hand.
Go for it Arcvasti! Set up all those comforts!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40