Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we work on next?

A tower to the sky!
A ridiculously complex trapped entrance!
A ginormous constructed somethingorother!
A monstrous terraforming project!
An ostentatious display of golden wealth!
A giant building in the shape of a Toad, in honour of ToadyOne!
Candy everything!
Exclamation point! (My idea will be posted below)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40

Author Topic: CharmCrafted, Citadel of Mechanisms[Game Open, still recruiting]  (Read 49709 times)

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CharmCrafted, Citadel of Mechanisms[Game Open, still recruiting]
« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2013, 07:30:08 pm »

God, this was such a train wreck. Maybe you should restart or call it a dream.
How many dwarfs left now?
Also as a callback to a post I made about a week ago:
CALLED IT.
43 dwarfs mostly kids, human siege now, goblin done, most of the dorf people are dead. I don't what to do, i think we need to do a timewarp back to the save before saegge because leaving me with a siege with trolls in the fort and barely any weapon trap i could do nothing. (WHO MADE ENEMY WITH HUMANS.)

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2013, 07:32:05 pm »

Or reclaim, In my experience when you reclaim all the baddies in the fort become as docile as lambs so you can Dump Glitch their weapons away. It lasts until first siege I think. Well I call it a glitch but you are effectively un-forbidding items on your enemies and than designating them to be dumped and your dwarves just strip them off their possessions without any problems.
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2013, 07:57:50 pm »

im gonna try to reclaim

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 29, 2013, 07:58:24 pm »

The undead still remain hostile, likely as a result of their undead nature.  But yes, gobbos and necros both become friendlies.  Until you attack them...

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2013, 08:02:42 pm »

it works the friendly thing but i have to go through 70 goblins and humans to get their weapons

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 29, 2013, 08:05:13 pm »

What were the fates of the other named dwarves?
Also everybody wants a diary entry about this, or at least an explanation.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 29, 2013, 08:16:01 pm »

Wait, we have Necros in there? I missed that part -.-. Yeah, undead are always hostile, there is nothing one can do. Make designated dumpers out of first migrant wave to speed the process up, maybe?

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 29, 2013, 08:21:58 pm »

After i reclaim im gonna do a diary, but one thing is i can't rember what happened to me haaa.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 29, 2013, 08:24:10 pm »

If you didn't reclaim yet there is easy way to find out, go to Legends Mode, Historical Figures, press teh button to Filter by String (i think it was "f" but not sure) and type in your name and press enter.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 29, 2013, 08:38:12 pm »

Wait, we have Necros in there? I missed that part -.-. Yeah, undead are always hostile, there is nothing one can do. Make designated dumpers out of first migrant wave to speed the process up, maybe?

I don't think there are necros here, no.  I have had experience with that, that's all.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 29, 2013, 09:17:34 pm »

Diary of the Danmanthedog, It is made of gorillabear leather and gold.
Date, -scribble out-
I had to keep trolls from coming in, but the only way was to cut everybody stuck between to die, but its the good of the fort yes i must.

Date, limestone 2-rest has water damage-
Oh god i didn't know the floor would give away, 6 of my friends and family died because of my choice. Why won't the leave us  alo-green dryed stuff-

Date, -blood-
one got in shot-blood splatter- Puutuulion killed some farmer out of angry of not drinking then i heard she died of thirst later.

Date, limestone 29
barely alive bolt in my lung, told few people to hid in beer room till everything past. Saegge, oh poor saegge I saw her head next to a goblin. i couldn't he-rest is water damaged-

Date, don't know
People have no drinks, last sane people hid them. timeless killed a puppy by pushing it of a cliff then killed some weaver i didn't know then someone just... ripped out his bra-more dried green stuff-

DAtE, 12

everyone is killing each other people wont stop running out side to the deaths, woob, wozit, on dolwin and so many more died by filthy goblins.

Dat,
OHgd one of them is bhind door, i think it sme-blood splater-

hows that, and still trying to reclaim.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 09:19:17 pm by danmanthedog »

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 30, 2013, 12:00:36 am »

Why not revert to the last save? The situation is perfectly salvageable at that point, although there are a bunch of legacy fuck-ups you have to handle to get a decent start.

The trolls at the depot are actually fairly easy to circumvent, there's a path into the fort on the other side. The dwarfs are stuck there because they probably want to drink some booze that's in the depot. I got them leashed around the depot by simply blanket-forbidding the depot and slapping a restricted traffic designation over it. That sorted the dwarfs out.
The bigger problem is the main gate down at F1 - there were a bunch of "pull lever" orders for the bridge lined up at the time of the save. It seems that this means the bridge ends up wide open, and there's no protective architecture to keep mechanics/cage haulers from running to their doom when a bowgobbo squad camps the corridor.

Of course, if you prefer to reclaim, that's your call.

Edit: Saegge's is a bit of an untidy save - as you noticed (and as i noticed in my first go), it runs itself into the ground if you just unpause without taking immediate action. After i spotted the main problem - the open main gate and the layout that feels like it was made as a courtesy gesture for the huge crossbow goblin squad of that siege - and started the attempt over, i lost maybe a dozen dwarfs altogether.
Trying to be nonspoilery:
- check that nobles screen; red text means something's seriously amiss
- check cavern safety; you don't want to have a fire-breathing forgotten beast rampaging through the hospital (because that's totally not what happened to me, nosir)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 10:06:17 am by Larix »

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 30, 2013, 08:38:11 am »

I gonna do a revert because the amount of forbiden stuff is horrible and the goblins and humans decided to ambush after 25m mark making them mad again so yeah ha.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 30, 2013, 06:18:05 pm »

Why not revert to the last save? The situation is perfectly salvageable at that point, although there are a bunch of legacy fuck-ups you have to handle to get a decent start.

The trolls at the depot are actually fairly easy to circumvent, there's a path into the fort on the other side. The dwarfs are stuck there because they probably want to drink some booze that's in the depot. I got them leashed around the depot by simply blanket-forbidding the depot and slapping a restricted traffic designation over it. That sorted the dwarfs out.
The bigger problem is the main gate down at F1 - there were a bunch of "pull lever" orders for the bridge lined up at the time of the save. It seems that this means the bridge ends up wide open, and there's no protective architecture to keep mechanics/cage haulers from running to their doom when a bowgobbo squad camps the corridor.

Of course, if you prefer to reclaim, that's your call.

Edit: Saegge's is a bit of an untidy save - as you noticed (and as i noticed in my first go), it runs itself into the ground if you just unpause without taking immediate action. After i spotted the main problem - the open main gate and the layout that feels like it was made as a courtesy gesture for the huge crossbow goblin squad of that siege - and started the attempt over, i lost maybe a dozen dwarfs altogether.
Trying to be nonspoilery:
- check that nobles screen; red text means something's seriously amiss
- check cavern safety; you don't want to have a fire-breathing forgotten beast rampaging through the hospital (because that's totally not what happened to me, nosir)
okay thanks for the tip and i might need till maybe Saturday to finish my whole turn had some family health problems, but im in summer right now.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 31, 2013, 02:16:52 pm »

Did you guys make it so lava does not burn?
Because i threw some goblins inside volcano and they not dieing, they just sinking into it.

EDIT HELP PLEASE- So I was digging out an area for trinkets and shit, i was going for a ring shape but i turned to something else and i was wondering should i keep it of change a bit. Im open for and ideas or anything. Also what should we use it for.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 02:54:35 pm by danmanthedog »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40