Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we work on next?

A tower to the sky!
A ridiculously complex trapped entrance!
A ginormous constructed somethingorother!
A monstrous terraforming project!
An ostentatious display of golden wealth!
A giant building in the shape of a Toad, in honour of ToadyOne!
Candy everything!
Exclamation point! (My idea will be posted below)

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40

Author Topic: CharmCrafted, Citadel of Mechanisms[Game Open, still recruiting]  (Read 49682 times)

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CharmCrafted, Citadel of Mechanisms[Game Open, still recruiting]
« Reply #435 on: March 23, 2014, 07:17:48 pm »

I object to my dwarf being referred to as a "he", which she very definitely is not.

Edit: thx for fixing.

Argh, that mayor! I've made extra sure that we never exported any of her precious hatch covers or flasks, and now she's complaining she didn't get to handle the ogre onslaught! Glory hound. I'm looking forward to seeing her face when she tries to manage something. (Hint: she's not a ghost, so she'll have trouble entering her throne room.) Of course, looking at the fort's history, she'll probably order the walls removed, so the hideous beasts can eat us all.

OOC: The ghost was temporarily hiding when i got the last slab fixed. It doesn't show up in the engrave slab list, must've been a guard or bugged "trader" migrant. It usually sits on top of its own (not safely accessible) corpse one screen right of the main dining room at F2. And i don't know why we have a manager without an accessible office, or any organiser skill, for that matter. I didn't appoint her.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 07:44:58 pm by Larix »

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 23, 2014, 07:24:17 pm »

Fixed, sorry about that^^. I did not really look that much into everything yet^^
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
  • Mox alter equo vita reale at solis occasum equitat
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 25, 2014, 04:44:54 pm »

Looking in, just so you know, that I'm still alive and up for my turn. Is there anyone related to my old dwarf left? If so, I'd like to claim him as 'Elfszoon' profession: 'Saegkin'. If not, just pick some nice looking 'Elfszoon'.

In other news: This fort is hilarious. I'm excited about how it'll look like now and how to craftenize that rhino in the most idiotic way possible

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 28, 2014, 06:37:02 am »

Hmm. It's a _bit_ past Tuesday over here. Are you playing your turn, exodius?

I'm aware getting into this fort ain't gonna be easy, but it'd help if we had some kind of notice that it's still happening.

(PS: there should be nothing installed and active that'd kill or harm the fort just through its unhindered operation. You might get overrun by the next gobbo invasion, but the installations shouldn't suddenly up and kill you.)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 06:40:56 am by Larix »

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 28, 2014, 09:58:03 am »

Yeah, sorry, sorry, kinda fell out of my mind... Bloody towns review... But yeah, i will get to it immediately.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 28, 2014, 01:16:20 pm »

It will take me several days to finish the stuff... I will do a write up on the end... Sorry-.-

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 29, 2014, 06:10:46 pm »

ummmm.... Kill me if you want to but i will not be able to finish my turn once more....

We are in the middle of an ambush and it is goodbye to half the population (huge outside project) so yeah, I recommend reverting to the last save....

If you want the save say so, but there is nothing to be done for those outside-.-

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 30, 2014, 06:44:35 am »

Can you give a picture/description of how screwed exactly the situation is (and maybe say what kind of project it was, for the records)?

The fort already had a case where over half the population was lost in a single year (just three years ago), so it might indeed be better to revert.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 31, 2014, 11:28:52 am »

Spoiler: Project, outline (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: First squad (click to show/hide)

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 31, 2014, 07:32:07 pm »

Damn. A magma moat would've been quite nice. So the ambush, that's those murderbots with leafblowers in the southwest? (I can't make head or tail of sprites, sorry.)

If you don't want to restart (i'd be hesitant about that) or tough it out (and likely end up with a situation worse than Peregarrett's), it's up to Saegge what to do.

Saegge, what say you? Take it from here and see everybody die or start over on 9 Granite and be a bit turtlier? It's your turn now, unless exodius still wants to try something.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 01, 2014, 04:08:29 am »

Hang on, let me get my big boy pants on....

Edit: Revert, i only made things worse... also, Larix, your dorf is a fucking idiot.... He hauled a block outside even though the fortress is under lockdown, along with around dozen other guys, and is running aroung dodging arrows from gobbo archer-.-
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:22:37 am by exodius1 »

Saegge

• Bay Watcher
  • Mox alter equo vita reale at solis occasum equitat
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 01, 2014, 07:29:14 am »

Although my crisis management is a huge FUN factor, I *may* revert to the previous save. Exodius is there any serious problem with the defense or is it just problematic to go outside?

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 01, 2014, 08:33:55 am »

Apart from me not knowing how to use mechanics.... no there seems to be no problem with system itself. Just the first rule of dorven fysics: Dorfs are stupid^^. Usually the advice is "get everyone inside" but burrows did not work-.-

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 01, 2014, 09:30:18 am »

With conservative play style, security isn't a huge problem. I was served a siege and handled it by pulling everyone the hell inside and flipping a few levers. It helped that ~75% of the defences are stuff built by me ;)

I suspect my dwarf has gotten beyond "doesn't care about anything anymore" somehow and is now actively daring the world to kill her. I caught her on the way to "reload cage trap" during the siege - a cage trap in the middle of the forbidden zone with ~40 goblins and a dozen ogres on top of it. I convinced her otherwise by forbidding the trap, forbidding the cage she was carrying and deleting the job from the job list. It seems to be a trend with her.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 01, 2014, 09:33:47 am »

Still, we are in too delicate of situation to be reckless, i still recommend reverting.... after you decide i'll post the save... or not^^
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40