Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most Artifacts at one time?  (Read 615 times)

Frankomatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Most Artifacts at one time?
« on: August 19, 2006, 06:31:00 pm »

So, what's the most artifacts you all have managed to amass at one point? I just got my third one.

Usurselor Uristtun Asol. "Spoiledrites the Dagger-Door of Seizing". It's a deer leather buckler. That menaces with spikes of more deer leather. I doubt those spikes do much menacing, really.

Zonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most Artifacts at one time?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 06:59:00 am »

I have seen three being crafted, but in my game I only have one because of a save/crash problem. Anyway, these artifacts are a toy hammer and a....ROLL OF DRUMS...Mechanism! Really useful, if you ask.

Dwarf Chunk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 08:07:00 am »

I had 4 at one point, but the last was crafted when the fortress was at it's end. The hallways were filled with dead dwarves already and it should turn out to be the last sign of civilization to come from that place.   :D

Janne Joensuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 08:09:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Zonk:
<STRONG>I have seen three being crafted, but in my game I only have one because of a save/crash problem. Anyway, these artifacts are a toy hammer and a....ROLL OF DRUMS...Mechanism! Really useful, if you ask.</STRONG>

It could be if you can sell it. I bought a three-wagon caravan empty form all its food, cheese and cows with mainly an <<Obsidian>> that was worth well over 1000*, because I didn't want to waste my 1710* <<Felsite>> with four encrustings/jewellery crafts.

Janne )`*

Stromko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 09:39:00 am »

Damn, to think I've been avoiding jewelry thinking it was useless up to this point. =)

Dwarf Chunk, if you still have that world active I'd check the bmp of the world (if you decided to save it) and try to orient yourself enough that you can track the thing down. I tried finding a fort without a map once, turned out to be a waste of 3 hours :-) Impassable, huge mountain-ranges galore.

Oh I dunno, just the bragging rights of having four artifacts as an adventurer? Of course if they're doors or thrones or something silly like that it'll do no good, ditto if they're in a container. I know that shields in a carpenter's shop carry over. If the dwarves who carried all of the carryable artifacts died in the fort, then they should be fair game.   :) (I usually copy-paste to create a new Dwarf Fort directory when I'm hipdeep in a nice fortress but want to screw around in adventure mode, I'd never have gotten a chance to try it out otherwise)

[ August 20, 2006: Message edited by: Stromko ]