Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Essential DF [ASCII/Spacefox] - release 9  (Read 30520 times)

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Essential DF [ASCII/Spacefox] - release 4
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2013, 05:17:42 pm »

Posting to watch. :) Thanks for your efforts, Deon!

Just a question: why remove cats? Just curious. :)
Cats are not removed, they are just a bit bigger. Alynxes are cats, which are almost dog-sized. Which makes them good for vermin hunting, leather (fur) industry and hunting as well. I just could not wrap my head around kitten leather armor.

Makes sense, cheers for the reply!
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2013, 03:14:37 am »

I spent some time last night digging through this, and I think that as far as mod bases go this is about perfect, not too much stuff and not to little, just right for customization :)

One thing: do you have plans to update this soon? Because I would like to port this to Rubble, and that is a lot of work to waste if a new version is on the way.

BTW: If you were to make this as a Rubble addon, it would be simple to provide a Rubble version and the two normal versions, all that would be required would be two addons (one for the base mod and one to provide tile values for the graphical version). The main benifit of using Rubble would be that the two version would be automatically synced.
Of course a better idea would be to wait until I finish my port, then see if you like it ;)

EDIT: Oh yeah, and not to mention the fact that providing copies for other tilesets would be easy as well.
I want to update a few tiles for animals, and also I want to add sounds (vocalizations) to animals. That should be all for now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2013, 08:44:00 am »

I'd say add wannabehero and sackheads fixes&workarounds for the bone stacks and the leather into this, as well as the split brain from ... Sandiego (?) Essentially, fix bone stacks, make leather related to the creature size, and avoid these easy one-shot kills.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 10:39:03 am »

Ah... Good. I have the port finished and ready to upload as soon as I can get to a computer.

The addon as well as child addons that add tileset support for SpaceFox, Phoebus, and Obsidian will come packaged with some tools and scripts to allow generating ready to go copies of the raws for each version as well as a Rubble addon version (for a total of five possible versions!)

Adding support for new tilesets is a little harder than I had thought, but it still takes less than an hour...

I did my best to make the package easy to use in the hope of gaining a new convert to Rubble, so I hope you will at least give it a try...

(Download comming as soon as I can)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2013, 03:43:26 am »

I'll definitely give it a try, however I find a great amusement in editing raws as they are, with my Notepad++ and Winmerge special syntaxes it's really easy and relaxing :). There's a reason why I organised all creatures and things like that in this mod: it's comfortable for me!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2013, 02:27:36 pm »

Ok, finally got to a library, here you go.

The raws (to edit) are in "addons/Essential DF", the raws (to distribute) will be in the various subfolders of the "Out" directory.

I included an old copy of 7za I had flying around so the build script will also package up a copy of the Rubble addon for those who want to use EDF with with existing Rubble addons.

Better Dorfs (my flagship Rubble mod) uses this EDF port as it's base for version 2 and above :)

EDIT: Oh, BTW: Trade reps do not appear to work? At least I never had any elven/dwarven/human reps show at my BD+EDF saurian fort...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 02:44:32 pm by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 12:42:42 pm »

I did some playtesting with EDF+BD and found a few bugs:

EDF Bugs:
   Anthracite is WAY more valuable than bituminous coal (but doesn't provide much more coke)
   Anthracite to coke reaction has the wrong name
   Entities do not send trade reps

Vanilla bugs that should be fixed in EDF:
   Bituminous coal worth the same a lignite

Not a bug, but:
   It is impossible to tell dig designated brown stone from undesignated brown stone

Also Rubble 3.3 changes a template or two so a few thing will need to be changed in the Rubble version to keep compatible with future versions (the current setup will work with 3.3, but will break when 3.4 hits)

I have a raw patch with all the required changes, here.
The included files have the following changes:
   All ITEM Rubble templates renamed to SHARED_ITEM
   Food items redone with ITEM templates
   Redundant calls to #TILE removed from tools

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2013, 05:38:08 pm »

I found the problem with the trade reps and diplomats: They are all appointed by a position that only exists in the dwarf entity.
(also the entity may need MERCHANT_NOBILITY, at least Masterwork has it for every civ that sends diplomats and trade reps)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2013, 11:30:49 pm »

Thank you! I will fix it today! MERCHANT_NOBILITY is an old token.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2013, 11:57:53 am »

So why does Meph still have it in all the entities?
I know it is old, but does it have any effects?
Better safe than sorry, I should probably test both ways to see what works, but all my testing forts lately have died in the first year so no luck yet (I WILL succeed in a evil glacier embark, I WILL)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 04:33:03 pm »

It probably existed in an old version, and was copied over. It does neither good nor harm, and I am notoriously bad at cleaning up my raws. If something doesnt cause bugs, I just leave it there, even if it is unused atm.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2013, 12:19:19 pm »

Deon, do you intend to release a new version of EDF anytime soon? I want to start a new fort, but if a new version is coming soon, I rather wait until it is released before starting off another grand tale of mass-genocide at the hands of drunken midgets. :)
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2013, 09:24:44 am »

Yep, soon I will come home from work and apply a few fixes. I wanted to do it earlier but my job took some of my time, and Starbound too. Now I have a reason to hurry, so just wait a few hours.

P.S. If you've already started, there's not a lot of fixes coming, namely just diplomats for other nations, everything else is going to be save-compatible.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2013, 11:16:24 am »

About the diplomats...

I am not sure I actually fixed them, in my recent testing fort the elves never brought a trade rep, so while bad APPOINTED_BY values may have been A problem it may not be THE problem.
Not sure, it could just be something odd from my end.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2013, 11:44:37 am »

Yep, soon I will come home from work and apply a few fixes. I wanted to do it earlier but my job took some of my time, and Starbound too. Now I have a reason to hurry, so just wait a few hours.

P.S. If you've already started, there's not a lot of fixes coming, namely just diplomats for other nations, everything else is going to be save-compatible.

I haven't started yet, so, take your time! I think I can manage a few more days. ;)
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6