Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Armor, weapons and demonstrations  (Read 3626 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Armor, weapons and demonstrations
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2013, 06:17:19 am »

In truth I don't know for sure. =)

It's just my best explanation for the huge variation I've seen in my embarks. Sometimes the teachers will be efficiently organizing demonstrations and have everyone trained up in no time, other times they'll just never get around it. Lazy bums.

the ones organizing demonstrations also get skill at organizing. That may have more influence on when it starts and finishes than the myth that they're waiting for someone who's having a drink. If you're doing science anyway, I'd really like to know if organizer has any influence on demonstrations.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2013, 02:36:38 pm »

Well, to add a little to this, I have 4 embark dwarves that all started with the same amount of training, and have all been training together the same amount of time, and the one dwarf with "poor focus and little patience," has only gained a little over a level in most areas, while the other dwarves have all gained at least 2, and closer to 3 levels in most cases.

That's pretty cool!  I love how traits can affect things like that.

dleave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2013, 03:17:18 pm »

Well, to add a little to this, I have 4 embark dwarves that all started with the same amount of training, and have all been training together the same amount of time, and the one dwarf with "poor focus and little patience," has only gained a little over a level in most areas, while the other dwarves have all gained at least 2, and closer to 3 levels in most cases.

That's pretty cool!  I love how traits can affect things like that.

Definitely interesting to me.
Pages: 1 2 [3]