Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: D&D 3.5/PbP: Oasis/Deep in the Woods (OOC 6/6 Slots Filled)  (Read 1905 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
D&D 3.5/PbP: Oasis/Deep in the Woods (OOC 6/6 Slots Filled)
« on: November 19, 2013, 11:10:54 pm »

Main OOC Thread

Current Character Locations
Northwood Tavern~The Raven's Casque
sjm9876: Ogar-Graus the Half-Orc Druid
Deep Waters: Aasimar Paladin
shootandrun: Kadran Lokar the Dwarf Cleric of ???
Filiousenox: Goblin Ranger
Ardas: Gorrister Torchwood the Human Rogue
Azthor: Ebil Wizard
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 09:01:36 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5/PbP: Oasis/Deep in the Woods (OOC 6/6 Slots Filled)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 11:12:14 pm »

Oasis
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Key (click to show/hide)

Oasism the last bastion of civilization. Surrounded by tainted badlands created by the Terminus War, protected only by the nine ancient druidic totems scattered throughout the city. It was originally a human city, settled in the pleasant area around the Beach Totem. After the Terminus War, refugees from surrounding lands flooded to Oasis--humans, elves, dwarves, gnomes, halflings, even goblinoids and stranger beings. Now, five years hence, Oasis boasts a population estimated around 50,000, with only about 19,000 humans (half of which are refugees).

Spoiler: Demographics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notable Individuals (click to show/hide)
These 50,000 are less than a third of the people who have lived in Oasis since Terminus, the rest having succumbed to starvation, disease, or violence. Nowadays, only the cooperation of Guild of Priests, Druids, and Healers with the Council keep the population from falling further, with hundreds of acolytes and outer-circle druids summoning massive quantities of food to supplement fish, farms, and what little meat can be gained from monsters and what poor animals wander close enough to Oasis.

A number of districts have sprung up, to accommodate these people.
Spoiler: Hightown (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: West Uptown (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: East Uptown (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Northwood (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Southwood (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Farmsvil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fishmine (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mineton (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hermits (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jailscar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nightland (click to show/hide)

Pantheon of Oasis
Spoiler: Lore (click to show/hide)
The Forgotten Gods (The Faces)
The mortals know very little of these gods, for their patron dieties reveal very little of their hated parents.
Ha, TN- Positive Energy God.
Lo, TN- Negative Energy God.
Rea, TN- Fire God.
Ste, TN- Earth God.
Wus, TN- Water God.
Aav, TN- Air God.

The First Ones
Highly respected, but just as powerful as their 'lessers'.
Ajax, God of Man, Child of Rea, NG- Good, Strength, Fire. The Handaxe is his favoured weapon. Ajax takes the form of a heroic warrior with unerring determination and drive, forever seeking to improve himself and the human race as a whole. He is the Icon of Motivation and the Strong Father.
Mishtoss, God of the Halfling, Child of Aav, CG- Good, Trickery, Air. The Dagger is his favoured weapon. Mishtoss takes the form of an aged, but agile cloaked rogue/ranger. He is ever cunning, and his name is often whispered by survivalists and rogues in times of need. He is the Practical One and the Wielder of the Razor (Occam's Razor).
Morem/Male, Gods of the Dwarf, Child of Ste, LG- Law, Protection, Earth. The Warhammer is his favoured weapon. Morem and Male are two sides of the same coin. Twins, but at the same time one entity. Most practitioners simply refer to him as Morem. Morem takes the form of a king, and a worker. Morem is the Aspect of Law, the King, while Male is the Aspect of Good, the Smith. He embodies two things especially important to dwarves, stern law and productivity.
Lorhen, Goddess of the Elf, Child of Wus, TN- Plant, Animal, Water. The Longbow is her favoured weapon. Lorhen was once a young and beautiful god of fertility, but the ravages of the war reduced her to an old woman. Elves and druids call to her often. She is (or was) the Mother of the World, the Guardian of the Wilds, but more recently she's known as the Crone to dissidents, or the Ailing Mother by her followers.
Riddle Lit, Goddess of the Gnome, Child of Ha, NG- Luck, Protection, Trickery. The Sling is her favoured weapon. Riddle is, as her name implies, a riddler and, to a lesser extent, a jokester. She takes the form of a well dressed young merchant. Gnomes and other practitioners try to mirror her eccentricity and mysterious nature. She is the Holder of the Key and the Smart Glib.
Sangur, God of the Orcs, Child of Lo, CE- War, Chaos, Evil. The Battleaxe is his favoured weapon. Sangur takes the form of an orc warlord, without eyes. Negative energy is not evil, nor was Lo, but a series of unfortunate events twisted Sangur at birth, forever dementing his mind. At the last moment, Lo took away the God's eyes, in order to limit his power. Unfortunately, it was little hinderance to the Warlord. To his followers, Sangur is known as the Blind Warlord and the Ingenious Killer. To everyone else, he is known as the God of Cripples and the Demented First.

The Small Gods
Numerous and diverse, the Small Gods came after the First Ones.
Liere of the Eye, God of Magic, Child of Dark and Light, TN- Knowledge, Magic, Luck. The Quarterstaff is his favoured weapon. Liere is every race, and none. His visage is ever shifting. He rules over all magic. Many see him as a force of chaos, for his intentions and actions shift as much as his form. But scholars will tell you that their is a definite method to his madness. For every chaotic action he takes, he does something lawful. For every good deed, an evil one. In this way, he is balanced. He is the Many Faced Scholar and the Magister Ultimate (The Magister Ultimate, new combo meal at McDonalds!).
Blessed Roe, Goddess of Healing, Child of Water and Fire, NG- Healing, Sun, Good. The Mace is her favoured weapon. Roe is sometimes a human, and sometimes an Elf. Either form she takes, she is a healer. The half-elves see her as their patron deity, as well as healers. Even though she is seen as good, she does not oppose evil. At least, not as much as her good brothers. She is the Saviour and the Death Ward.
Satore, God of Refinement, Child of Lorhen, CG- Chaos, Protection, Knowledge. The Rapier is his favoured weapon. Satore takes the form of a noble elf. When elves started intermingling with human society, and when many elves moved from the forest to the city, Satore was born. Even though many elves call him their patron deity, there are nobles of other races that look to him for guidance. He is the Aristocrat, the Eloquent Sir, and the Gentleman.
Beg No More, God of Cruelty, Child of Regret, CE- Chaos, Evil, Destruction. The Flail is his favoured weapon. Beg is a choatic mess of multiple species, including Gnolls, Lizardfolk, Goblinoids, and other evil creatures. This God would love nothing more than to see everyone dead, including his own followers, if there was no one left to slaughter. He is the Broodfather of Evil and the Abomination. While some evil species call him their God, many turn to his brood, the many Gods that fell from his body and went on to create the sentient monster races we see today.
Misnevex, Goddess of Domination, Sister of the Dark Earth, LE- Evil, Protection, Strength. The whip is her favoured weapon. Misnevex is the Goddess of areana (spider sub-class, correct?). She is the Mistress of Torture and the Spider Queen. 
Monorox, God of Tyranny, Brother of the Dark Earth, LE- Law, Destruction, War. The Heavy Mace is his favoured weapon. Monorox takes the form of a human king. He is the Cruel King and the Master Tactician.
Voruh, God of Death, Child of the Black Waters, NE- Evil, Death, Luck. The Scythe is his favoured weapon. Moruh can't be seen, even by the Gods, but is represented by an hourglass, or simply, an x with a line above and below. To his followers he is known as the End and the Final Father, but to those who fear him, he is the Unknown Reaper.
Rowbe the Just, God of Justice, Child of Fire and Earth, LN- Law, Protection, Destruction. The Warhammer is his favoured weapon. With the fire of humanity, and the law of the dwarves, comes a zealous judge. He takes the form of a giant, and is therefore the patron of giantfolk. He is known as the the Judge and the Lens Holder.
Senntoss, God of Chaos and Trickery, Child of Mishtoss, CN- Chaos, Trickery, Luck. The Dagger is his favoured Weapon. This halfling God represents Mishtoss' more chaotic side. He represents all rogues, gamblers, and, to some extent, bards. Practioners are as likely to tell you a good joke as they are to stab you in the back. He is the Unrepentant Rogue and the Joy Thief.

Note: We're still working on the lore. Names and maybe everything isn't final.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 08:05:45 pm by thatkid »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 11:12:44 pm »

Hooks and Rumors
1. Missing Children
For the past few weeks children have been going missing from their homes in Northwood. Recently, one of the local loggers has posted an official reward in search of his daughter, who was one of the first to go missing.

"I'd just put 'er tah bed that night. Di'n't think anything'd happen if I'd gone out for a drink, but-- Cor! I'll offer whate'er I can to whoever can bring 'er back tah me. Who'd hurt a sweet lil' girl like Rosie?"

Known Threats: ? ? ?
Rumors: ? ? ?

2. A Meeting of the Minds
Tensions have been running high in Southwood ever since woods were burned to help raise a cathedral. Members of the Druidry and a group of priests representing various gods throughout the pantheon have agreed to a meeting in an attempt to discuss the matter. However, neither side, rightfully, trusts the other. Both groups would likely appreciate a little extra muscle in the form of mercenaries and adventurers, and, the locals whisper, a neutral party would no doubt assist in matters.

3. No Spiders, I promise
An elderly druid, said to be possessed of great knowledge and wisdom, has quietly been travelling between Southwood and Northwood, seeking assistance with some dire matter.

"Oi. Ya hear about that whitewhiskers what's been wandering 'round? Been sayin' somethin' 'bout needing help. Ain't offered any reward, sos I know, but feller like that's gotta have strings to pull. If ya know what I mean. Hear he's in charge o' taking care o' that one massive tree, what's got it's own grove."

4. TBA
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:55:09 pm by thatkid »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 01:17:13 pm »

((Have any of the three others shown any signs of sheets yet?))

Regardless, I like the sound of 3.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 01:25:09 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 01:36:01 pm »

I think we could get involved in 2 and use that to make some friends amongst the locals, either with the druids or the priests. Some tactful diplomacy might even get us liked by both sides, though I doubt we'll manage that without a lot of luck.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 01:48:52 pm »

Possibly, but stats wise, we have only one diplomat. Perhaps we could find out a touch more about 3 before we decide finally?
I'm mainly pushing 3 because it fits my guy RP wise, and I am of the mindset that the vaguer the information, the more intriguing the quest tends to be :P
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 02:32:45 pm »

Given my background, I will go along with the option that has the best danger to reward ratio.

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 04:12:44 pm »

We do have a druid and a ranger in addition to a cleric and a paladin. At the very least, we have the make-up of a highly-neutral diplomatic party, and it makes the most sense for how we got together. :P
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 07:10:08 pm »

PTW you inferior group peasants.  :P
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 06:44:23 am »

We do have a druid and a ranger in addition to a cleric and a paladin. At the very least, we have the make-up of a highly-neutral diplomatic party, and it makes the most sense for how we got together. :P
(( Hurry up and get your sheet in before you join the discussion :P ))

Sigtext

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 08:08:06 am »

This is the OOC thread. You don't need to use the (( and )).

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2013, 08:09:44 am »

((@Shoot: You forgot to put that in brackets))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2013, 08:13:53 am »

This is the OOC thread. You don't need to use the (( and )).
((Ah, but the conversation is OO-OOC. Yeah. I knew that...... :P

Sigtext

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2013, 11:46:35 pm »

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=711462

woo finished with the sheet

still gotta fill in all the fluff and finish planning out my build, but at least the mechanical stuff is finished
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 04:35:08 pm »

I think I posted my sheet in the wrong thread.

Anywhoooo I vote one.

Dzat Steelfang, Level 3 Goblin Ranger.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 04:41:39 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: [1] 2