Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online: Removing Subscription Requirements  (Read 60041 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online: Removing Subscription Requirements
« Reply #435 on: October 31, 2016, 11:02:56 am »

PTW. I have this game. Might get into more detail later.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 21, 2016, 07:25:59 pm »

It seem to be 65% off on Steam for a few days.. Should I get it this time?
I am not sure if I will go back to MMOs.. At least not alone..
Haven't played since the beta, so I have no idea what I am getting into if I buy this game now.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 07:42:37 pm by Ultimuh »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 21, 2016, 10:03:35 pm »

You'd still have to buy all the DLC for the entire story, right?

I mean, that's not surprising, but if I wanted to play an fantasy mmo I'd pick neverwinter, because apparently lockboxes are so damn lucrative that they can just give all the actual plot-type content away for free, I guess.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 21, 2016, 10:34:56 pm »

Not sure if there's more story in the DLCs (haven't bought 'em yet), but the base game is a self-contained narrative without 'em.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 22, 2016, 05:24:20 am »

Is there a major differences between playing by subscription and without?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 22, 2016, 08:54:16 am »

You get an infinite-sized crafting bag and access to all DLC content while you pay. You can just buy the DLC though, and access it anytime.

As for plots and DLC, they got their own plots that are mostly independent from the main one. The main connections are returning characters and a bunch of foreshadowing at the end of each one for something not yet released. I've only finished Orsinium and Dark Brotherhood, so I can't tell if Imperial City and Thieves Guild have any foreshadowing (am betting on it though). Don't have Shadows of the Hist, but I doubt it has anything since it is basically a pack with two dungeons.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 08:55:58 am by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 22, 2016, 07:50:00 pm »

You get an infinite-sized crafting bag and access to all DLC content while you pay. You can just buy the DLC though, and access it anytime.
That infinite-sized crafting bag is likely what will get me to break down and subscribe; I'm a packrat and there's so much crafting junk.

Oh man, if and when they follow through on that I will be sold like a bottle of skooma. I'm a sucker for anything Morrowind-related.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 22, 2016, 07:52:08 pm »

They're hinting a bit at the true nature of Sithis, too, which will be... I mean, anything they come up with will be better than what was in Oblivion and Skyrim (the God of Edge wow how cool), TBH, but the fact that the Morag Tong is involved tells me they might go weird with it. Like, maybe even this weird.

Actually, they do seem to be... ramping up the weird, a bit. Oblivion's DLCs were way weirder than Oblivion, Skyrim's DLCs were a lot weirder than Skyrim (which was weirder than Oblivion, at least), and ESO is definitely trying to keep the weird in Elder Scrolls. Kind of interested to see of Bethesda will follow up on that any.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 08:00:28 pm by Putnam »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 22, 2016, 08:10:45 pm »

Yeah, I hope they go towards the weird in the main series too.

On the foreshadowing front, I finished Thieves Guild today and there was no foreshadowing. At least, not that I noticed. Currently trying to do Imperial City, but unfortunately I am EP and the blues dominate the PVP and especially the City. Have to sneak everywhere. Am even tempted to respec just for this, but I'd need to grind up some skill trees and farm a medium armour set to do that. Grumble.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 22, 2016, 09:29:18 pm »

The weirdness was there, only purloined. But it would be nice to see it out in full, again. It'd be perfect, Shivering Isles contrasted really well with Cyrodiil's much more grounded mood.

I was hesitant to ESO, partly because I thought it would be a brief spin-off. But they seem to have put a lot more work into the lore and the world building than I thought they would bother with. Without a subscription, there is not really a reason not to give it a go one of these days. Tamriel is Tamriel, and I'm beginning to realise just how much I adore it.

(I imagine the RP is dead as the dodo, or never existed at all. That's always how it is. But RP is so rare it's not even something you should consider in an MMO these days. If it's there, excellent. But it won't be)

Oh, and odd question. With Molag Bal as the main villain, I imagine they had to tone him right the heck down, and they'd probably take the moment to fiddle with some other things, while he was in the workshop. Is he at least recognisable? MMO villainy never does good for a character.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 26, 2016, 06:44:08 pm »

He has most everything but the rape, and that's mostly because it's pretty much impossible to make a story involving rape without doing it wrong.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 26, 2016, 08:30:33 pm »

Well, true. It seems rather reasonable. I was mostly worried they'd retcon it out entirely, and re-make him into Sauron.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 08, 2017, 12:28:29 pm »

Performing thread necromancy because of one minor thing and one major thing. Minor being that the Homestead free thingy was just released. I'm downloading, so I can't comment on how good it is or is not.

Big thing is an actual expansion: Morrowind. It will be released on the 15th anniversary of TES 3 and feature a Vvardenfell zone, stated to be the biggest thus far, plot advancement and so on. And it is an actual expansion, it cannot be bought with the cash-shop currency; rather, you buy it via steam or whatever retailer carries it. Steam store page. Other features include a new class (the warden) and 4v4v4 alliance-free battlegrounds. There are more screenshots in the game's homepage.

EDIT: pressed post instead of preview.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 12:32:02 pm by Teneb »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 06, 2017, 03:02:43 pm »

Considering finally playing this with the talk of Vvardenfell and some of my friends being really into this and wanting to form an adventuring party. However, there's one thing that bugs me (full-on dork mode incoming):

Seeing the makeover of some of the Mournhold buildings, and of the Redoran buildings in Dragonborn, I'm a bit worried that all of Dunmer architecture is gonna get a Windhelm makeover. IE, everything made of big, dark grey stone blocks.

Spoiler: For instance (click to show/hide)

I kinda feel like someone on the current design time thought that stucco wasn't "realistic" to have in a fantasy setting.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #449 on: March 06, 2017, 03:16:32 pm »

They really need to get those drugs back. Whatever it was they were taking back when they made morrowind, they need more.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31