Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online: Removing Subscription Requirements  (Read 60097 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online: A Thing That's Happening
« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2014, 10:11:03 pm »

What do you think the over under is before this game is f2p? I'm gonna put my money on slightly after the one year anniversary.

The same exact thing as SWTOR...but with teso instead. Same story, different game.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 28, 2014, 10:42:10 pm »

I think less then that.

One of the biggest problems for TOR is they waited too long, the game would have been better off for everyone if it had done F2P sooner.

Furthermore, all the friends I've talked to (including the ones who care enough to have gotten into the beta) have said the exact same thing; I'll play it after it goes F2P. Everyone knows it's going to happen eventually, including the developers (unless they are totally delusional)

Personally? I'm guessing around 7 - 8 months. The whole sub+$60 fee is basically a way to milk the true believers, those people will tend to have 3 or 6 months subs, so 7 - 8 months lets them squeeze out an extra pay period.

The real question is does it go totally F2P ala rift or lotro, or "buy to play" like secret world or GW2? That, I do not have a strong prediction for.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 31, 2014, 07:20:22 am »

I guess I'll post here, since I've taken an interest in this game purely off the recommendation of a friend, but I'm skeptical over whether it'd be a quality purchase.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 31, 2014, 07:28:20 am »

Imperials as a unified people had existed for about 3500 years at this point. The Bosmer had existed for over 4000 years. Not sure where you get the idea that either of these are exactly new...

So... the race locking makes no sense all over again.

Honestly the medieval stasis in Elder Scrolls is extreme. Did they ever explain it?
The Aldmeri Dominion was founded by a time-travelling robot. That is all.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 31, 2014, 10:33:28 am »

No, the Aldmeri Dominion was destroyed by a time-traveling robot.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 31, 2014, 10:48:52 am »

I think that, in the context of things, we're ALL time-travelling robots.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 31, 2014, 11:11:15 am »

Beep boop.  Hello, person I am a souless creature controlled through a computer.  I will say goodbye to the first thing you say and then rifle through all your household objects for all your cooking ingredients and the off chance of finding a racial motif.

Looting complete.  Have a nice day. :-]
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 31, 2014, 11:14:42 am »

Beep boop.  Hello, person I am a souless creature controlled through a computer.  I will say goodbye to the first thing you say and then rifle through all your household objects for all your cooking ingredients and the off chance of finding a racial motif.

Looting complete.  Have a nice day. :-]

I mean it's true.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 31, 2014, 11:43:32 am »

If by robot, we mean Ayrenn, then that would be a merdroid, yes?
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 31, 2014, 01:43:18 pm »

Elder Scroll Online: Tale of PR Gone Wrong?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 31, 2014, 07:06:48 pm »

I was working one day and bumped into someone super pumped for ESO. I think I might have broken his heart after I told him that I was a beta tester and that the game will not live up to hype, seeing his look, I kept reminding him that Beta was Beta and I may be wrong...
I still feel that I wasn't...

Anyone got it and was in the beta? Did they improve it???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 31, 2014, 11:00:12 pm »

This statement suggests somehow that both are not true.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 31, 2014, 11:07:47 pm »

I remember when I thought I understood TES. I fought against the people who said things like "Dragons/magic/whatever, therefore departure from reality, therefore departure from logic itself, therefore purple bunny rabbits from space funding the Thalmor would be internally consistent." But damn, the more I dig, the more esoteric and unreachable the truth seems to get.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 01, 2014, 12:28:33 am »

I was working one day and bumped into someone super pumped for ESO. I think I might have broken his heart after I told him that I was a beta tester and that the game will not live up to hype, seeing his look, I kept reminding him that Beta was Beta and I may be wrong...
I still feel that I wasn't...

Anyone got it and was in the beta? Did they improve it???
They fixed a number of bugs and improved the crafting to make it seem more obvious (giving refining raw materiel it's own tab and making it the first tab was a great start.)

While they havent improved much they also have a couple big things a lot of people miss.
* If this was NOT an elder scrolls game the combat would probably be revolutionary, or at least a big selling point.  It's far more engaging than combat in any other online game I played.  Guild Wars 2 came close, but I feel that this is even better than that.  It does a good job of making combat feel like elder scrolls while still being light enough on data to work in an MMO.   It's a step down from skyrim, but skyrim didn't have to handle all that combat from hundreds of players at once.  Hell, Skyrim's, a single player game, even it's system kinda breaks down a bit with more than a handful of combatants at once.

* They haven't fouled up the launch.  Broken quests are present, but not as prevalent as broken events were in GW2 at launch, and you can easily go for 4 hours and not encounter even one.  There are no server connectivity issues to speak of during launch.  And if there are any major crippling bugs I haven't encountered any, and folks are not very vocal about it. 

And the thing people complained about most, the cash shop, has no presence whatsoever ingame.  It's all website only, I would not even call that a 'cash shop' that's more account services than anything.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 12:30:23 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 01, 2014, 02:03:08 am »

I remember when I thought I understood TES. I fought against the people who said things like "Dragons/magic/whatever, therefore departure from reality, therefore departure from logic itself, therefore purple bunny rabbits from space funding the Thalmor would be internally consistent." But damn, the more I dig, the more esoteric and unreachable the truth seems to get.

Logic works, you just have a few different axioms to work with, like time being something that can get confused.

Hell, that one explains quite a bit, believe it or not. Just the very concept of dragon breaks explains handily C0DA, Skyrim, the monologue at the end of Oblivion, Daggerfall's ending, Online's transcription errors (not joking, the more you look in the more obvious it gets), Nerevar's many deaths, Vivec's god/mortal duality...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31