Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about DFhack  (Read 665 times)

Grey Goo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Metallic
Question about DFhack
« on: November 19, 2013, 05:05:59 pm »

Okay, I know you can with DFhack embark anywhere and also spawn stuff like obsidian. However can you despawn that stuff? I am planning to download it and embark on a ocean. Deep ocean, very deep ocean. However according to my plans I need first of way to wall water off. Not complety of from edges. Just enough create hole into ocean and build. However I like also after this remove wall safely, and bonus if I can also remove water from that hole easily with DFhack. Oh, and also. Planning build as well tunnel from mainland to this fortress. Not mine, build...

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
Re: Question about DFhack
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 10:16:38 pm »

I'm not sure DFHack permits embarking anywhere.
Tiles can be 'despawned' by the tiletypes commands, liquids by setting depth to 0
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 11:48:11 pm »

I'm not sure DFHack permits embarking anywhere.
r4 added an 'embark' command that does

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 10:03:03 am »

Aren't the Dwarves going to drown on embark, since there is no place for them to stand out of the water?
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Grey Goo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Metallic
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 04:45:53 pm »

Aren't the Dwarves going to drown on embark, since there is no place for them to stand out of the water?

Not if I can spawn floor for them and support for that floor. They still are going drown but much later...

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 11:10:40 pm »

I believe that if there is no surface for them to spawn on, they will spawn underground instead.
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.