Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: D&D 3.5 PbP: Oasis/Adventures in Hightown (OOC and Sign up thread 5/6 spots )  (Read 19642 times)

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: Oasis/Adventures in Hightown (OOC and Sign up thread 5/6 spots )
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2013, 08:44:29 pm »

Hmmm, I have +9 from skill ranks and Charisma, while Tyri has +8 from natural aptitude plus her Charm Person spell and Grace has +4 from her skill ranks.  Any of us might be able to diplomance a bit, or at least distract him long enough for Tyri to get in and out. 

EDIT: Drat, I forgot to pick up a whistle during chargen.  I could have given that to Tyrileaf.  >_<
I have +10 to Diplomacy from ranks, racial and ability bonus.  I also have Charm Person, although that would probably be a dead give away to who I am, whereas the other option I'm thinking of using could be easily misconstrued as nonmagical.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: Oasis/Adventures in Hightown (OOC and Sign up thread 5/6 spots )
« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2013, 08:52:19 pm »

Oopsie, and yours was the only one I didn't check because necromancer.  You're definitely the best choice for it, even without spell aid, then.  :P

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 25, 2013, 08:59:57 pm »

Oopsie, and yours was the only one I didn't check because necromancer.  You're definitely the best choice for it, even without spell aid, then.  :P
I'm a Gentleman Necromancer.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2013, 01:51:18 am »

Okay, that sounds reasonable - Mathias distracts while Tyrileaf sneaks?

edit: Mathias could distract by noticing that the dwarf is an evil dwarf, and want to discuss an offer of employment for one of his capabilities! He'd be likely to fall for greed, no?

(yes I am overkeen because the other dnd game is held up by paperwriting :( )
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 07:10:40 am by lawastooshort »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2013, 09:15:53 am »

I think Dwarmins saying do something or the wind will pick up and you'll be buggered. So lets just do that.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2013, 10:02:53 am »

Hoho, yes, the Rogue Wind will rob us, the fecker.

So I propose and will IC:

Mathias walks by, pretends to notice the evildwarf, walks back after pretend deliberation, shiftily approaches and asks if he is interested in some... work. Whilst this is going on, Tyrileaf slips a note and then herself into the Widow's house. Also, the other 3 will be within rescue distance throughout.

edit: we should all get thunderstones or something for some stealthy intraparty signalling... or... er.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 11:55:09 am by lawastooshort »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2013, 12:08:43 pm »

I have a mirror, maybe I could shine a light at you or something? Though that's pretty noticeable... I should have picked up a whistle... >.>

And we should look into getting something distracting that we can use to pull away guards. I'm certain there's something in one of these books we have access to...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2013, 12:17:06 pm »

Could presitidagte a stone, cast light on it, then throw it upwards or have the widow do it as a symbol.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2013, 02:18:34 am »

Good rolls all around.

I'll move you guys on in a bit, but I want to give Mathis/Tyri a chance to grill their respective persons for information, if they want to do so.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2013, 03:28:10 am »

If I had more time right now, I would, buuuut...  Gotta get to sleep, then to work first thing in the morning, so we're looking at ~15 hours before I can do anything.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2013, 05:46:43 am »

Good work chaps!

Perhaps if the dwarf-talk isn't likely to immediately affect the quest it could be done in a flashback...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2013, 05:55:31 am »

Bah.

Does anyone have information they want our Neck Romancer to try and pry while he's there? It'd be things you'd discussed before.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2013, 06:05:06 am »

The only thing useful I can think of is if the dwarf gives any hints as to his employer - this could be approached with the ruse of "Aha - who's your employer, I bet I am richer than he! I will pay you three times as much! Meet me at... my fake address tomorrow!" If this failed, a way of contacting the evil dwarf in the future would be useful, so we can hunt him down and coldbloodedly murder him have some kind of lead if necessary.

Also, when he leaves to meet us, he has to be careful the shifty elfy type isn't following. If Ari knew or had thought of it, I would suggest that Ari follow Matthias at a distance great enought to pick up anyone trailing him. However, I imagine Matthias would walk to the meeting point and pass us, so we (at least Ari) can observe and see if he is being followed.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 08:47:30 am by lawastooshort »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2013, 08:30:00 am »

Yep, those were some good rolls indeed. Good to see that the widow thought ahead and planned to meet us at a spot in public, as this should simplify matters.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2013, 09:07:33 am »

Yep, those were some good rolls indeed. Good to see that the widow thought ahead and planned to meet us at a spot in public, as this should simplify matters.

If you'll notice her spirited reflexes and the fact she's handling a fairy intruding on her home with no real panic and the fact she spotted ruffians (plural) you might get the idea she's quite a bit more than meets the eye! :)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16