Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: D&D 3.5 PbP: Oasis/Adventures in Hightown (OOC and Sign up thread 5/6 spots )  (Read 19663 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

I'd like to join, but I don't know how to play 3.5.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile

Those of you who are interested really ought to post in the main OOC thread so we can keep track of you.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And here's my sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=712432

It's not done yet, but the barebone mechanical side of things is mostly complete.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With all the LA people, I kind of want to change my race...

Edit: Entirely unrelated, but it's come to my attention that Gilgamesh is using a Homebrew race and has his sheet a little messed up in general.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 12:36:23 am by TealNinja »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

So right now Tealninja, Gilgamesh and Lawas are all IN-they need to finish their sheets in tiny ways, but are otherwise accepted.

Still waiting on Scriver to show me anything, and Remuthra needs to fix his sheet. And make it better.

Taricus or any of the above not accepted are very possibly going to be sacrificed for party balance if I can tempt Zako to join us, so please dont delay. Since Tar only has a skeleton(cr1) sheet anyway.

Edit: And by sacrifice I mean you join with one of the other two GM's running the same world. Living campaign! :D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 06:07:26 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Yes, I need to do the backgroundy bits, I think.

Can I check:
Can I have a masterwork healer's kit for +50?
Can I have any synergy to heal for Knowledge: Anatomy?

Would stealing Standing Orders from Grek be a good idea?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, I need to do the backgroundy bits, I think.

Can I check:
Can I have a masterwork healer's kit for +50?
Can I have any synergy to heal for Knowledge: Anatomy?

Would stealing Standing Orders from Grek be a good idea?

Yes
Take a +2
Yes. I've already talked the other Gm's about it, tho it's been one-sided.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Cool, thanks. I was going to include standing orders anyway as I think it is possibly the best idea since something else really good, might be a bit more situational in an urban setting, I don't know. I adjusted some skills to have Gather Information, also, but it's not the same as on a high-Cha bard :(

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool, thanks. I was going to include standing orders anyway as I think it is possibly the best idea since something else really good, might be a bit more situational in an urban setting, I don't know. I adjusted some skills to have Gather Information, also, but it's not the same as on a high-Cha bard :(

Even a basic 10 will get you simple information on a job-every 5 after that  will give you additional information. You could take ten without obvious risk, and never fail-or succeed-past the margin.

Just tell me when, how and where you wanna make a Gather Information check, and how much money or gifts you might want to offer to loosen lips-1 gold will fetch a round of drinks, 10 gold is a fine dinner etc-then I'll run you a mini-turn and tell you what you learned-it'll be added to the OP.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Well, I have Gather Information +5 after a bit of fiddling earlier today. I had to drop a handful of maxed out skills down, but I was going to take it higher and Knowledge Local to 5 as soon as possible anyway, and it fits with my character idea. So.

Ari Ekrund would be most interested in Ajax, as a god, incidentally, although he wouldn't want to have to depend on gods but rather himself. He'd respect them, rather.

I would happily take Gather Information take 10 checks (with maximum spend in brackets) on quests 1 (up to five rounds of drinks!), 2 (start with a round of drinks at the aforementioned inn, asking the barman if they know who the person is, and then if I can find a relevant contact a fine dinner is a good idea) and 4 (I would have up to three rounds of drinks in local pubs to see if anyone has anything against this so-called merchant - and then I would offer my services as a doctor and alchemical cureall, mentioning out of the side of my mouth that I may know someone who can travel to the Totem as a guard) - and 5 (I think I'd just go for one round of drinks in the bard-menaced area and see what all the fuss is about to start with) if anyone else in the group is interested.

2 pays well, but sounds potentially dirty. 1 sounds alright, but searching for a dead body with a necromancer in the team might not be... the best idea. 4 sounds like there's something fishy we don't know. 5 - well, I have nothing against bards and am not superwilling to do the establishment's dirty work. But if they suspect there is something worse behind it...

Hmm. So my priority for checking if I can't check all would be 1-2-4. Any other team member have any opinion? I would happily spend around 21.9 gold on all this, or possibly the exchange of favours such as healing, or some alchemical substance that might otherwise be hard to get but useful for... nefarious purposes.

So, Gather Information!

Mini-turn away (although I am off to bed now)

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2 pays well, but sounds potentially dirty. 1 sounds alright, but searching for a dead body with a necromancer in the team might not be... the best idea. 4 sounds like there's something fishy we don't know. 5 - well, I have nothing against bards and am not superwilling to do the establishment's dirty work. But if they suspect there is something worse behind it...
I'll have you know I've done nothing wrong, and wouldn't possibly think of desecrating that body in the name of science.  Do you take me for an uncivilized gentleman?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Sorry this took so long! Here's my sheet incase you want me instead of Scriver:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=710959

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry this took so long! Here's my sheet incase you want me instead of Scriver:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=710959

Neither Taric or Remuthra are finished either, tho. And I'm not going to wait forever,

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

And I'm not going to wait forever,

Yay! Not that I am impatient to go and throw acid in some thieving hobgoblin's face before stabbing him up or anything.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, scriver has given me notice he'll not have a sheet up before the weekend, at least.

So I'm pretty much gonna start working on the main thread. I only need four anyway...everyone else can be easily added in anytime.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16