Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 74

Author Topic: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 44 - The Markets  (Read 139698 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go Mad: Turn 35 - The Epilogue of Cnoc Adh
« Reply #735 on: February 06, 2014, 06:12:25 pm »

You'd be better off with GWG honestly, he seems to have the best track record of this stuff, especially with dangerous and complex magic, as long as he trains of course.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 06, 2014, 06:14:34 pm »

You'd be better off with GWG honestly, he seems to have the best track record of this stuff, especially with dangerous and complex magic, as long as he trains of course.
((Granted him actually training will cost someone a limb, but hey, whats that matter when you have a healer who will only explode you half the time?

My point is, do you want to risk your sword, or your character?

Also, THUUN NEED LAST PERFECT USE IN EARTH MAGIC, CMON GUYS!))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 06, 2014, 07:33:22 pm »

GWG, are you trying to train up your life magic? Anyway, you and Thuun should make sure to take a closer look at those books. You can't use everything in there, but you might find some nice shiny spells. Or tips. Who knows?

Well. I know that broadswords are quite different to greatswords - one-handed for one thing... and for another, basket-hilted. Huh. Anyway, it's there pretty much as an interim weapon for Baldur, unless he wants to examine the town and go hunting for a smithy. There's almost undoubtedly one around here somewhere.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 06, 2014, 07:37:43 pm »

Well. I know that broadswords are quite different to greatswords - one-handed for one thing... and for another, basket-hilted. Huh. Anyway, it's there pretty much as an interim weapon for Baldur, unless he wants to examine the town and go hunting for a smithy. There's almost undoubtedly one around here somewhere.

((Baldur doesn't know how to forge/smith though. :P))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 06, 2014, 08:11:05 pm »

GWG, are you trying to train up your life magic? Anyway, you and Thuun should make sure to take a closer look at those books. You can't use everything in there, but you might find some nice shiny spells. Or tips. Who knows?

((Oh I plan to do much bookness, not gonna be all that much to do while waiting for my legs to grow back anyway is there? :P))

Indeed, I do this.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 06, 2014, 08:41:50 pm »

((Baldur doesn't know how to forge/smith though. :P))

I doubt it, but the smith probably does! And even if he's monster chow, he's probably left something lying around that would be useful to you.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 06, 2014, 09:05:21 pm »

...Thank you?

GWG, are you trying to train up your life magic?
Long-term? Yes. Short-term? I'm focusing on slow-casting the healing spell next turn.

((Oh I plan to do much bookness, not gonna be all that much to do while waiting for my legs to grow back anyway is there? :P))
((I call other books!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 07, 2014, 10:29:34 am »

"I dunno. I've got some silk underwear, but I was thinking of just selling those. I also found some books, but I'd like to read them myself, firstly. There was also a skull with some obscene language on it, not sure when or how that will come in handy." he scratches his head "I get the feeling that there's still a goodie out there somewhere, but I can't quite seem to pinpoint where."

"Can I have the skull? It sounds interesting!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 08, 2014, 11:16:37 am »

"I dunno. I've got some silk underwear, but I was thinking of just selling those. I also found some books, but I'd like to read them myself, firstly. There was also a skull with some obscene language on it, not sure when or how that will come in handy." he scratches his head "I get the feeling that there's still a goodie out there somewhere, but I can't quite seem to pinpoint where."

"Certainly, knock yourself out. Figuratively speaking."

-edited previous post-

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 08, 2014, 11:24:21 am »

"Certainly, knock yourself out. Figuratively speaking."

-edited previous post-

"Oh he can do it literally too. Now where's Cyrus?

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 08, 2014, 11:31:38 am »

"Dead, poor bastard."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 08, 2014, 06:23:10 pm »

BFEL, I would take it as a kindness if you picked a different colour other than that particularly eye-searing orange. Try teal. Or maroon But please, don't spend the rest of the game typing in that orange.

Anyway, writing the turn up now.
Check out my RtD!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 08, 2014, 07:49:41 pm »

((Maroon works. Also I'm currently in the unenviable position of experiencing some real-life sympathy for Thuun and his legs problem. Specifically, this morning I sprained my ankle to fucking hell and back, and I'm pretty much a cripple for the next two days or so.
This sucks :(
But I get two days off work, so MOAR UPDATES PLOX!))

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 08, 2014, 07:50:08 pm »

((If only you had some jimsonweed.))
Sig

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 08, 2014, 08:02:42 pm »

Wouldn't jimson weed work as poison on a sword? trust a stab and bam! instant knockout! with massive hullucinations and deadly for anybody with heart problems but whatever.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 74